Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2011, 10:28 AM   #151
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketkat View Post
Your swimming adventure sounds fun...and well...adventurous! That "swide" sounds like fun!

Oh and those cupcakes! Joaquin looking up longingly at them...so adorable!
It truly was an adventure.

He totally looks like he wants one to just accidentally fall into his mouth, doesn't he?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCWDWMEMBER View Post
I had bought them a $100 gift card and booked them for a dinner at Narcoossees during the week.

They were both very surprised by the gift and also happy for the leftovers!

It was for sure a great surprise and the food was fantastic. Thank you our wonderful sweet daughter for the great anniversary dinner.
I'm glad that you guys enjoyed the dinner. I really wanted to make sure that I sent you to a place that you had never been to before.
Old 08-21-2011, 05:43 PM   #152
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

What cute pool pics! It looks like you are having a great time so far!
Register to remove

Old 08-21-2011, 05:56 PM   #153
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
What cute pool pics! It looks like you are having a great time so far!
Thanks! I think the first Disney day is always the best.
Old 08-22-2011, 03:44 PM   #154
DVCWDWMEMBER
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
It truly was an adventure.

He totally looks like he wants one to just accidentally fall into his mouth, doesn't he?

I'm glad that you guys enjoyed the dinner. I really wanted to make sure that I sent you to a place that you had never been to before.
For sure a place that I recommend to eat at. The food and service was fantastic
6/85 Offsite:12/86 DI: 8/88, 1/98, 5/00 DLR- Offsite:12/91 CR: 11/93 FWC: 1/99 POFQ: 9/99 CSR:01/02 CB/PR: 01/03 BCV: 12/03 DCL/BCV:10/04, 10/08 SSR: 05/05 PR: 01/06 WL: 05/06 GC-DLR: 11/06 POFQ: 02/07 DLH-DLR:11/07 BWV/POR: 05/08 OKW/VB: 05/09 AK/VB:10/09 GF:09/10 Disneyland Paris :11/10 POP: 07/11 BLT: 9/11 OKW: 6/12 Disneyland Paris : 7/13 WL,SSR-THV,AK :1/14 SSR:5/14 BC :11/14 WL: 2/15 AK: 8/15 DLH

Old 08-22-2011, 06:54 PM   #155
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
For sure a place that I recommend to eat at. The food and service was fantastic
Well that just means I'm going to have to go there, doesn't it?
Old 08-22-2011, 08:31 PM   #156
DVCWDWMEMBER
Mouseketeer

For sure you need to go. We can do that in January if you want to
6/85 Offsite:12/86 DI: 8/88, 1/98, 5/00 DLR- Offsite:12/91 CR: 11/93 FWC: 1/99 POFQ: 9/99 CSR:01/02 CB/PR: 01/03 BCV: 12/03 DCL/BCV:10/04, 10/08 SSR: 05/05 PR: 01/06 WL: 05/06 GC-DLR: 11/06 POFQ: 02/07 DLH-DLR:11/07 BWV/POR: 05/08 OKW/VB: 05/09 AK/VB:10/09 GF:09/10 Disneyland Paris :11/10 POP: 07/11 BLT: 9/11 OKW: 6/12 Disneyland Paris : 7/13 WL,SSR-THV,AK :1/14 SSR:5/14 BC :11/14 WL: 2/15 AK: 8/15 DLH

Old 08-23-2011, 02:23 PM   #157
PirateKate
DIS Veteran

I love all the kid-isms. I hear a lot of those during my days from my oldest son and it's amazing how no matter how many you hear, it never gets old.

Joquin is adorable! The video of him falling asleep was so cute. He was so tired!
Old 08-23-2011, 04:50 PM   #158
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
For sure you need to go. We can do that in January if you want to
Maybe.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateKate View Post
I love all the kid-isms. I hear a lot of those during my days from my oldest son and it's amazing how no matter how many you hear, it never gets old.

Joquin is adorable! The video of him falling asleep was so cute. He was so tired!
They're pretty funny. Every time I look at them, I laugh.

I was so happy I was quick enough to catch his falling asleep on video. It's the only time that he did that.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:56 PM   #159
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Day 2 - Sunday 7/10/11 Thar be breakfast ahead!

Today was our breakfast at 1900 Park Fare! I have to say, this is my favorite breakfast buffet on property.

I woke up around 6:30am to shower and do my hair. Ha. The latter part of that statement was such a joke. My hair ended up being in a ponytail within 5 minutes of leaving the room.

Lesson learned. Don't waste your time doing your hair in Florida in July.

Natch.

I woke the boys up around 7am and we were out the door not too long after. We were meeting everyone at the monorail at 7:30. This started a trend with Jason and I. In the end, he would ask:

"Are we always the last ones to show up?"

Yes, yes we were. With slow poke and slow pokier, that was the M.O.

We managed to snag a monorail pretty quickly though and were on our way in no time. We managed to arrive prior to the opening of the restaurant, so I was able to snap some good pics.

We had to wait to enter the restaurant.

Joaquin looked longingly at his prize possession....

See the "gween" fan?

Instead, we told Joaquin that Wicket was lonely. He didn't stay lonely for long.

We saw the pre-opening and the arrival of Mary Poppins. After that, it was time to head in. 'Bout time, because I was HUNGRY!

Here is my first plate.

I am looking at it, and yearning for the strawberry soup in the background. I could bath in that stuff. Seriously. I think it might be good for my skin too if I did.....

Joaquin got started right away.

And in no time, the characters were coming by.
Pooh totally looks like he's eating Joaquin there, doesn't he? Naughty bear.

Joaquin's like "come back, come back."

Deuces!

The money shot.

Tigger!

Face characters....not so much. Joaquin's like "no way!"

Not a fan of Mary Poppins either apparently. You will see how this changes in my next installment though.

Would rather eat than talk to Alice too. Little rat.

Overall, our breakfast was a success. As you can see from the pictures, Riley loved all of the characters. Joaquin.....not so much.

Up next: What my trip report should have been named. SO MANY BRAZILIANS!
Old 08-24-2011, 09:35 PM   #160
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

Ooooo... 1900 Park Fare! I REALLY want to try this place, not just for the food and to see the lovely GF, but the characters though I think the ones I want to meet are at Dinner :/ LOL @ your whole hair situation, I need to tell that to my mom if we end up going in June or July, see how that works out And I love the pictures of Joaquin just staring at the fan, where was that when he was in pre-sleep the day before?

Oooo... the breakfast at 1900 Park Fare looks really good. That Strawberry Soup is very enticing. If Strawberries can be put into soup, it MUST be good. You also can't go wrong with hash browns or an omelet. YUM!

It does look like Pooh's eating Joaquin! Pooh has such a big head lol But Joaquin seemed to like him the most. Is Pooh his favorite character? The picture you got of Riley and him with Pooh is just adorable, you caught it perfectly.

Oh wow, he didn't like that Mad Hatter and the face he has in the picture with Mary Poppins... priceless. And Poor Alice seemed to really want to talk to Joaquin :'( Oh well, but at least you got some nice pictures there and everyone was enjoying their meal :D

Can't wait to read more!
Old 08-24-2011, 09:52 PM   #161
basketkat
DIS Veteran

I always try to do my hair in the morning as well...and like you I'm not sure why I bother.

Oh I really like 1900 Park Fare too! I think the biscuits and gravy are pretty tasty!

Love all of the character pics!

'01-Off Property '02-All Star Movies Honeymoon '10- All Star Movies'11- Coronado Springs'12- Dream Cruise to Bahamas/Wilderness Lodge'12- Disneyland
Old 08-25-2011, 05:05 AM   #162
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Brooklynn was a little shy with face characters, too, when she was younger. She did better with the big furry heads. She loves them all now. Bella - we're still working on her for any of them.

We have eaten breakfast at 1900 Park Fare, but we still need to try dinner there and see the Steps.

Riley is precious with all the characters. It looks like she had a fun morning.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.

Last edited by MeMom; 08-25-2011 at 05:21 AM.
Old 08-25-2011, 12:37 PM   #163
NancyLuvsMickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post

Up next: What my trip report should have been named. SO MANY BRAZILIANS!
Is there a month when the parks aren't being swarmed by Brazilian tour groups???

December is HORRIBLE!!! And I'm guessing July isn't much better...

I have no problems with the tour groups... But they are very visible... Maybe if they didn't all wear the same color shirt and carry around a flag on a stick, I wouldn't notice them as much...
Old 08-25-2011, 12:41 PM   #164
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
Ooooo... 1900 Park Fare! I REALLY want to try this place, not just for the food and to see the lovely GF, but the characters though I think the ones I want to meet are at Dinner :/ LOL @ your whole hair situation, I need to tell that to my mom if we end up going in June or July, see how that works out And I love the pictures of Joaquin just staring at the fan, where was that when he was in pre-sleep the day before?

Oooo... the breakfast at 1900 Park Fare looks really good. That Strawberry Soup is very enticing. If Strawberries can be put into soup, it MUST be good. You also can't go wrong with hash browns or an omelet. YUM!

It does look like Pooh's eating Joaquin! Pooh has such a big head lol But Joaquin seemed to like him the most. Is Pooh his favorite character? The picture you got of Riley and him with Pooh is just adorable, you caught it perfectly.

Oh wow, he didn't like that Mad Hatter and the face he has in the picture with Mary Poppins... priceless. And Poor Alice seemed to really want to talk to Joaquin :'( Oh well, but at least you got some nice pictures there and everyone was enjoying their meal :D

Can't wait to read more!
Defo make sure you tell your mom about the hair situation. Ha ha.

Joaquin was completely mesmerized by that fan, I'm telling you!

I do like the characters at 1900 PF better at dinner too, but I just love their breakfast.

I've actually made the strawberry soup before. It turned out good, but it's better there.

Pooh actually isn't Joaquin's favorite character, he just loved meeting the fuzzy guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketkat View Post
I always try to do my hair in the morning as well...and like you I'm not sure why I bother.

Oh I really like 1900 Park Fare too! I think the biscuits and gravy are pretty tasty!

Love all of the character pics!
I stopped bothering later. We were in and out of the pool so much too that I figured it just wasn't even worth it after a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Brooklynn was a little shy with face characters, too, when she was younger. She did better with the big furry heads. She loves them all now. Bella - we're still working on her for any of them.

We have eaten breakfast at 1900 Park Fare, but we still need to try dinner there and see the Steps.

Riley is precious with all the characters. It looks like she had a fun morning.
It's so funny, because doesn't it seem counter-intuitive that they love the big ol' heads, but don't like face characters? It makes me chuckle.

I haven't eaten dinner there in a while, but I LOVE the dinner characters! They are so funny.

Riley loves all characters. She's so good and posing too.
Old 08-25-2011, 12:43 PM   #165
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyLuvsMickey View Post
Is there a month when the parks aren't being swarmed by Brazilian tour groups???

December is HORRIBLE!!! And I'm guessing July isn't much better...

I have no problems with the tour groups... But they are very visible... Maybe if they didn't all wear the same color shirt and carry around a flag on a stick, I wouldn't notice them as much...
I'll post about it later, but the tour groups we encountered were actually a lot of fun. The kids seemed to be having such a good time, and they weren't rude or obnoxious. It's just the sheer magnitude of how many of them there are!

July was the worst I've seen in any of my travels. I wonder if it's because I normally go in more off season times.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: