Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2011, 11:44 AM   #136
DVCWDWMEMBER
Mouseketeer

Joaquin was tired for sure. The heat got to all of us, it had been a long time since we had done WDW in the summer. We normally go in the fall or early spring and forgot how hot it can get.
6/85 Offsite:12/86 DI: 8/88, 1/98, 5/00 DLR- Offsite:12/91 CR: 11/93 FWC: 1/99 POFQ: 9/99 CSR:01/02 CB/PR: 01/03 BCV: 12/03 DCL/BCV:10/04, 10/08 SSR: 05/05 PR: 01/06 WL: 05/06 GC-DLR: 11/06 POFQ: 02/07 DLH-DLR:11/07 BWV/POR: 05/08 OKW/VB: 05/09 AK/VB:10/09 GF:09/10 Disneyland Paris :11/10 POP: 07/11 BLT: 9/11 OKW: 6/12 Disneyland Paris : 7/13 WL,SSR-THV,AK :1/14 SSR:5/14 BC :11/14 WL

Old 08-20-2011, 01:30 PM   #137
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriH91 View Post
Came over from somewhere because of your tr title, and I haven't been disappointed!! That video was priceless!! Can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip.
How sweet of you to send your parents off to WDW!!

I'm glad that you haven't been disappointed yet! I'll try to keep it interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCWDWMEMBER View Post
Joaquin was tired for sure. The heat got to all of us, it had been a long time since we had done WDW in the summer. We normally go in the fall or early spring and forgot how hot it can get.
I know right?! I think we have all learned our lesson with Disney in the summer time. Not for us I think.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-20-2011, 02:28 PM   #138
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Day 1 - Saturday 7/9/2011 Can a kid be a skipping stone at the same time?

We finished off our dinner at Cosmic Ray's. So you know how Joaquin was falling asleep at dinner? Yup, as soon as we started moving, he was wide awake again. Ha. Figures.

We took the monorail back, because the kids were a little bit tired.

Love the view from the monorail station.

We all got back to Jason's and my room to get everyone's luggage. All our rooms were on the same floor and not to far from each other. Worked out nicely.

Mom took some pictures of their room. You can see the difference in our rooms from the setup. Only a small difference.

Their view

So Joaquin had been talking about the pool ever since we got to POP. So, we figured we would head to the pool for the early evening. The kids were very excited and there actually weren't many people there.

FYI. I had more pictures, from a waterproof camera that I bought and brought to the waterpark and the pool. However, when we got home, the camera was cracked and all the pictures were ruined.

So you see that little tower through the trees by the pool? That's the slide at the Bay Lake Tower pool and it's pretty big. So, how can a kid be a skipping stone at the same time? By going down that slide, that's how.

Riley and Joaquin are still polar opposites here too. Joaquin loves the pool and water. Riley......not so much.

Well, Joaquin will do just about anything. So, armed with his lifevest, floaties, and goggles, says that he's going to tackle the slide. We ask if there's an age limit. The lifeguard says no. So we say okay. Chris takes him to the top and sends him down, where Jason and I are waiting to catch him.

Imagine a top that spins. That's how Joaquin ended up coming down the slide. Because he refused to lay down like he's supposed to, he wanted to sit up. Well, it caused him to turn......and turn.......and turn......until he was spinning down the slide.

Well he spun himself all the way to the bottom and when he hit the water....well.

That's how a child can be a skipping stone.

It was hilarious! He skipped skipped skipped on his back in his lifevest across the pool.

Now, no child was harmed during the making of this trip report. Joaquin knows how to swim pretty well, can hold his breath too. No need to call DCFS.

We finally got to him. And he promptly asks:

"Can I do that again"!?

Later little man, later.

We wrapped up our time in the pool, and headed back in. Jason and I were peckish, so we grabbed our mugs and headed to the Contempo Cafe to get some snacks. And we ended up with these beautiful things.....

There were three kinds. Strawberry, black forest, and dulce de leche. We couldn't decide which ones to get, so what does any sane person do? Get all three, duh!

Look in the mirror at how longingly Joaquin is looking at the cupcakes. Thinking:

"If she just tips that tray a tiny bit to the right, one is bound to fall into my mouth. C'mon, tip it. Tip it. TIP IT!"

They were so very worth it, but there was no way we finished it between the three of us. So, I took the remaining over to Mom and Dad. It gave me the opportunity to surprise them with their last anniversary gift.

I had bought them a $100 gift card and booked them for a dinner at Narcoossees during the week.

They were both very surprised by the gift and also happy for the leftovers!

Jason and I set up the room for us to turn in. Jason set up a little bed from the couch pillows for Joaquin. They were perfect size, and we didn't have to worry about him launching himself off the bed.

Which, if the pool slide is any indicator, you know full well he is capable of doing!

It was off to bed for us. We had a full week ahead of us!

Some of Chris' pictures of the resort

Kid-isms - (I only got the chance to record one on this day)

Joaquin -

I told you to catch me! I told you to catch me in the dark! I told you five times! (After his slide experience)
Old 08-20-2011, 02:33 PM   #139
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Day 1 - Saturday 7/9/2011 Photopass pictures

We only got photopass at our stop to see Mickey and Minnie.

Old 08-20-2011, 03:48 PM   #140
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

Good thing, you guys got moving back to BLT, Joaquin was definitely not going to last for longer. And I love the view from the Monorail station too, you can basically see the main part of the Contemporary perfectly, oh and Chef Mickey's

Awwww... sorry to hear about the broken camera. At least you did have some other good photos LOL @ the Joaquin skipping stone story. That must've been pretty interesting to watch. Good thing Joaquin was as good a swimmer as you said he is, because I don't think that would've been a pleasant situation. He sounds like a funny kid from what I've read. A great kid-ism for this chapter (:

Ooooo... those cupcakes were good. If I was as close as Joaquin was, I would've just grabbed one and ate it before anybody noticed it was gone And that's awesome you booked your parents a meal at Narcoosees, so sweet LOL @ your bed launching prevention tactics. I love the monorail picture Chris took, it's so beautiful lol

Ooooo... great Photopass! The one with Riley hugging Minnie is probably the best, sharing the love right there And I like the one with the border that says "Happy Anniversary" :D

Can't wait to read more!
Old 08-20-2011, 03:54 PM   #141
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
Good thing, you guys got moving back to BLT, Joaquin was definitely not going to last for longer. And I love the view from the Monorail station too, you can basically see the main part of the Contemporary perfectly, oh and Chef Mickey's

Awwww... sorry to hear about the broken camera. At least you did have some other good photos LOL @ the Joaquin skipping stone story. That must've been pretty interesting to watch. Good thing Joaquin was as good a swimmer as you said he is, because I don't think that would've been a pleasant situation. He sounds like a funny kid from what I've read. A great kid-ism for this chapter (:

Ooooo... those cupcakes were good. If I was as close as Joaquin was, I would've just grabbed one and ate it before anybody noticed it was gone And that's awesome you booked your parents a meal at Narcoosees, so sweet LOL @ your bed launching prevention tactics. I love the monorail picture Chris took, it's so beautiful lol

Ooooo... great Photopass! The one with Riley hugging Minnie is probably the best, sharing the love right there And I like the one with the border that says "Happy Anniversary" :D

Can't wait to read more!
I was really bummed about the waterproof camera. We would have had some really great pics from the pool, but especially from Typhoon Lagoon.

Joaquin is a riot. You'll see some pretty interesting videos later that prove how much energy he really has and how funny he is.

Those cupcakes were soooo good. I would have to say, it was a tie between the strawberry and the dulce de leche.
Old 08-20-2011, 06:45 PM   #142
jc040404
DIS Veteran

Too bad about the broken camera!

The slide story had me between laughing and terrified for the little guy! Glad he was okay! What a crazy child to want to do it again.

Those cupcakes look suuuper yummy!
Old 08-20-2011, 07:57 PM   #143
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc040404 View Post
Too bad about the broken camera!

The slide story had me between laughing and terrified for the little guy! Glad he was okay! What a crazy child to want to do it again.

Those cupcakes look suuuper yummy!
Ha ha, I knew I had to preface that story with making sure everyone knew what kind of a kid he is. Afterwards, he wouldn't stop talking about it. "Remember that swide?", "Can I go on the swide again?", "Is there going to be a swide?"

I tell you.

I'm dreaming about those cupcakes right now.
Old 08-20-2011, 09:08 PM   #144
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Lol at Joaquin being wide awake once you got moving!!

You sure got the better view out of the two rooms

Yay you all got some pool time - that's a shame about the waterproof camera cracking. I'm going to be taking one on our trip so will have to remember to make sure it is properly wrapped in our clothes so no harm can come to it.

Oh no on Joaquin's slide experience Looks like it didn't affect him that much if he wanted to go again!

Okay a tough question but which cupcake was the best - am thinking of getting the strawberry one on our trip but don't want to miss out on one that tastes even more delish! Before you say get all three there is noo way we will be able to eat them between us!

I love Chris' pics of the resort and the PP pics are too cute! What great memories!
Old 08-20-2011, 09:13 PM   #145
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Lol at Joaquin being wide awake once you got moving!!

You sure got the better view out of the two rooms

Yay you all got some pool time - that's a shame about the waterproof camera cracking. I'm going to be taking one on our trip so will have to remember to make sure it is properly wrapped in our clothes so no harm can come to it.

Oh no on Joaquin's slide experience Looks like it didn't affect him that much if he wanted to go again!

Okay a tough question but which cupcake was the best - am thinking of getting the strawberry one on our trip but don't want to miss out on one that tastes even more delish! Before you say get all three there is noo way we will be able to eat them between us!

I love Chris' pics of the resort and the PP pics are too cute! What great memories!
Well, I'm here to answer the tough questions.

The two best ones were the strawberry and the dulce de leche. So, here's the difference between the two depending on what you want.

The strawberry was really fresh and light tasting, which was very good.

The dulce de leche is a little on the sweeter side and is a bit heavier.

Honestly, I couldn't pick between the two, because it would depend on my taste at that moment.
Old 08-20-2011, 09:16 PM   #146
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Well, I'm here to answer the tough questions.

The two best ones were the strawberry and the dulce de leche. So, here's the difference between the two depending on what you want.

The strawberry was really fresh and light tasting, which was very good.

The dulce de leche is a little on the sweeter side and is a bit heavier.

Honestly, I couldn't pick between the two, because it would depend on my taste at that moment.
Haha thanks I knew you would be a good person to ask - from your descriptions think I will stick with the strawberry cupcake.
Old 08-20-2011, 09:34 PM   #147
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

I like your logic with the cupcakes. Why not just get all 3?

Great BLT pictures. That's a bummer though about the waterproof camera.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 08-20-2011, 09:44 PM   #148
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Haha thanks I knew you would be a good person to ask - from your descriptions think I will stick with the strawberry cupcake.
Good choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
I like your logic with the cupcakes. Why not just get all 3?

Great BLT pictures. That's a bummer though about the waterproof camera.
Ha ha, as you can see from our picture, that's what we did. But only the first time.

I was so bummed about the waterproof camera. I think there were some really great pictures on it that sadly we will not be seeing.
Old 08-20-2011, 10:35 PM   #149
basketkat
DIS Veteran

Your swimming adventure sounds fun...and well...adventurous! That "swide" sounds like fun!

Oh and those cupcakes! Joaquin looking up longingly at them...so adorable!

'01-Off Property '02-All Star Movies Honeymoon '10- All Star Movies'11- Coronado Springs'12- Dream Cruise to Bahamas/Wilderness Lodge'12- Disneyland
Old 08-21-2011, 10:00 AM   #150
DVCWDWMEMBER
Mouseketeer

I had bought them a $100 gift card and booked them for a dinner at Narcoossees during the week.

They were both very surprised by the gift and also happy for the leftovers!

It was for sure a great surprise and the food was fantastic. Thank you our wonderful sweet daughter for the great anniversary dinner.
6/85 Offsite:12/86 DI: 8/88, 1/98, 5/00 DLR- Offsite:12/91 CR: 11/93 FWC: 1/99 POFQ: 9/99 CSR:01/02 CB/PR: 01/03 BCV: 12/03 DCL/BCV:10/04, 10/08 SSR: 05/05 PR: 01/06 WL: 05/06 GC-DLR: 11/06 POFQ: 02/07 DLH-DLR:11/07 BWV/POR: 05/08 OKW/VB: 05/09 AK/VB:10/09 GF:09/10 Disneyland Paris :11/10 POP: 07/11 BLT: 9/11 OKW: 6/12 Disneyland Paris : 7/13 WL,SSR-THV,AK :1/14 SSR:5/14 BC :11/14 WL

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: