Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2012, 03:17 AM   #31
KiwiMouseGirl
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone

Were counting down at 17 days now and getting really excited! Ive practiced packing all of my stuff that i'll be talking over there in my carry on bag. My theory is that because were flying Air New Zealand and we can only check one bag weighing 23kgs, that i'll try to pack as much stuff as possible in my carry on luggage, then put my carry on bag inside my big bag (otherwise the supports will break) and just bring a backpack as my carry on bag. So that on the way back ill have a big bag to pack all the stuff that ive bought in, and use my little red bag as my carry on luggage because I already know that it will all fit . ... I really hope this makes sence to anyone else but myself. HAHA! I've also started pasting in alot of maps and useful information that i've found here on the DIS into a little book which will probably be my life saver multiple times throughout this vacation. I'll post a picture of my little creation when im finished

Hope everybody's doing well! I'll be posting abit more frequently now that we're getting closer !!!!!!
KiwiMouseGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:37 AM   #32
Disneydreamsdancer
Mouseketeer

Looking forward to reading your TR!! Just a side note, make sure that your carry on baggage is under 7KGs, we had our carry on bags weighed at Auckland airport when we checked in, then again after we went through security, they seem to really be getting tight on weight allowance Infact Auckland weighed my checked in suitcase at 25.5KGs and Heathrow and LAX weighed the exact same case later in our holiday AFTER I had brought souvenirs as 17.5KGs so Auckland was way over! Have a great trip!!! It is so worth the long journey

DLRP Aug '94 - Hotel Sante Fe
DLRP Mar '95 - Hotel Sante Fe . DLRP Jan '01 - Hotel Cheyenne . DLRP Jan '07 - Hotel Sante Fe . DLR Cal Jan '08 - Hilton Anaheim . DLR Cal Dec '08 - Marriott Anaheim . DLR Cal Jan '12 - Fairfield Inn . DLR Cal May '12 - Carousel Inn
Disneydreamsdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-08-2012, 05:29 PM   #33
KiwiMouseGirl
Mouseketeer

Hello Disers! Well! Were counting down 13 days now and the reality that this trip is actually going to happen is starting to sink in! I think ill 're-introduce the cast' considering the photo that I posted of myself is about 4 years old and you havent even met my Nan yet!

I'm really excited to start sharing this trip with you guys! One of my favorite things to do on these boards is read trip reports and look at the photos (And this is a pre warning, my trip report will probably be photo heavy! Haha!)

I've been pretty organized up until now, and keep thinking of things that i've forgotten to do, such as putting my foreign currency onto my card! I've just ordered my scrapbooking supplies so that I can get right into scrapping my trip when I get back. I also plan to make a trip to Michael's craft store while i'm over there to see what goodies I can pick up Ooh, and for those who care, this is my little lifesaving book that I made

An example of one of the pages

Look forward to sharing my trip of a lifetime with you!!
Old 04-08-2012, 06:38 PM   #34
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiMouseGirl View Post
Hello Disers

Less than a month to go now and the time seems to be flying by fast! ive got a list of things to get and stuff to do thats about a mile long and havent even started cracking on it! Im picking up our travel documents today on my lunch break! Excited! stay tuned for more updates and pictures :D
I'm curious, I have friend leaving Auckland in a few week, and stopping in LA for a week plus. At some point they have to exchange their Kiwis to US Dollars. So they are looking at buying park passes while there.

How did you get park hoppers, and your Hollywood tour booked?
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:47 PM   #35
KiwiMouseGirl
Mouseketeer

Hi Skiingfast. Both my Nan and myself have got cards from the bank which you can load 5 different currencies on, that is how I would recommend they get their money. I have got a bit of cash out for tipping and such, but I personally find it easier and alot safer to do everything 'electronically' (Id feel like I had a weight in my pocket if I carried all of my money around in cash) As for our park passes, we got them through our travel agent. It was really easy and they made sure to book our tickets to seaworld and universal studios as a tour so that we had transportation included. They print your ticket onto a voucher and you exchange it once you get to the parks. Hope this helps!!!

- Cass
Old 04-10-2012, 03:55 PM   #36
KiwiMouseGirl
Mouseketeer

Look what came in the mail today!

Get ready for some Disney scrappin'

P.S: Someone please tell me how to make my pictures smaller -.- haha!
Old 04-13-2012, 07:21 PM   #37
KiwiMouseGirl
Mouseketeer

I found this awesome website with coupons for the Orange Country/ L.A Area. http://anaheimoc.org/coupons << link for like minded crazy discount scouters

Old 04-15-2012, 11:40 AM   #38
Khiori
Earning My Ears

I just found this thread today. Wow!! I'm so excited for you and your nan!! You're going to have a ~*!Fantastic!*~ time!!
Old 04-15-2012, 04:26 PM   #39
KiwiMouseGirl
Mouseketeer

Hi Khiori, thanks for tuning in 5 days till lift off now, so excited! Eeeekkk!
Old 04-16-2012, 11:42 PM   #40
miss.potatohead
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiMouseGirl View Post
Well Disers, we're booked

In our package we're booked in to do a L.A/Hollywood tour, with Southern California Grey Line. Has anyone done this before? Is it good?
I know this is an old post I'm quoting but we used Southern GreyLine for our day trip to Universal, and in our package we went through Hollywood. We did this part at night so it wasn't that great (Hollywood Blvd at night...) and it was hard to see the sights out the bus because it was dark and the bus had those annoying sticker advertisements on the windows so no one could see us but we could see through the small dots of the sticker (that probably makes no sense, sorry!). They're a great tour group though, if it is the same as what we had to do, they'll pick you up from your hotel and get other people from the area, drive you all to their bus depo, you'll go in and pay, then get told which bus to go on to for your tour. They later drop you directly off at your hotel! Their tour guides were helpful too, and they tell you when to be back at the bus ready to go again etc and give you a little narration of the history of LA when you're driving around.

Have the best trip! Come over to the Australian/New Zealand section of the DIS too, everyone loves to hear about other people's trips.

http://disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=177
miss.potatohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:54 PM   #41
KiwiMouseGirl
Mouseketeer

Hi Miss.Potatohead, the fact that they pick you up and drop you off from your hotel is what sold me with California Greyline Were doing both the Universal studios, Sea World and L.a/Hollywood tours with them. The tour guides sound amazing! From someone from a different country, I would personally love to hear facts about the country im visiting! Were counting down at 5 days now and I feel like skipping everywhere! Haha! OH MY GOSH! Theres an Aus/Nz part to this board. Count me in!!!!!!!!
Old 04-17-2012, 12:07 AM   #42
miss.potatohead
Mouseketeer

Yeah when we went there was no way that my parents would drive in a foreign country, on the 'wrong' side of the road with a car that is totally different to ours at home, so it is pretty handy. Our tour guide (we had the same one for our Universal tour and San Diego Zoo tour) was a bit of a drop-kick as harsh as that sounds but he was a laugh (in a good way) and gave us some tips about Universal and the streets of Hollywood, and they also had some coupons for us - but by the looks of it you already have a good stash of them!

Skip away! Cannot wait to hear all about the trip when you return
miss.potatohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:50 AM   #43
KiwiMouseGirl
Mouseketeer

I can't wait. Eeeek! I've already got myself 2 8gig sd cards in preparation for all the videos and pictures that I'll take. Haha! Now, can someone answer my question about how to make my pictures smaller :s I would like people who's computers don't like loading photos (like mine when my brothers used up all the Internet -.-) to still be able to read my trip report when I post it if they choose
Old 04-17-2012, 03:19 AM   #44
Caroline NZ
DIS Veteran

I hope you have an awesome trip, enjoy the rest of your countdown, how exciting!
Sep/Oct 2013 - 5 weeks California & surrounds road trip, ending of course in Disneyland
Oct 2014 - First trip to WDW planned!
Caroline NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:09 PM   #45
KiwiMouseGirl
Mouseketeer

Hi all!

Feel free to add me on Facebook for a kind of 'live' trip report! Hopefully i'll be able to post some pictures during my vacation for you I'll post the link when I get home for those of you that can't find me

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1766751973

Last edited by KiwiMouseGirl; 04-20-2012 at 01:50 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: