Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2011, 02:09 PM   #121
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Gosh I would have been a little freaked at the storm (not a big fan of travelling via sea - crazy I know) But I can imagine that the storm looked pretty cool, esp when you are in the "middle of nowhere" so to speak.

Looks like you had a lovely day at sea. Quite eventful and not too busy busy

Palo dinner looks yummy, can't wait to eat there next month

Looking forward to your Nassau Day
Old 08-06-2011, 06:10 PM   #122
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Oh, I would have loved to have seen the storm! I'm sure it was really pretty.

I like how fancy the dinner was.

As if I didn't already have enough places I wanted to travel, I've now added doing a Disney Cruise because of this and another trip report!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-06-2011, 06:25 PM   #123
BarbP
Earning My Ears

All caught up and loving this report. Thanks for taking the time to do this. Looks like you both are having a wonderful honeymoon.

More trips to Disney then I can count!!!!
And an Annual Passholder!!!!
Old 08-06-2011, 07:51 PM   #124
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a great day! I'm glad you guys enjoyed the Anyone can Cook presentation.

The Golden Mickey's show looks great as does Palo. I love the photo of the both of you at dinner. Oh no on there being a storm in the distance
Old 08-06-2011, 08:37 PM   #125
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I just realized that the other family whose TR I'm reading about their Disney Dream Cruise did the cruise at the exact same time as you! Their kids did some science experiments that involved some sort of explosion in the kids club, which is what got me think about the volcano sound you said you heard at some point. I checked the dates, and sure enough, you guys were there at the same time. How funny!
Old 08-06-2011, 11:27 PM   #126
Dugette
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a great day. Palo looks wonderful. Really makes me want to go on a Disney cruise!
Aug. 20-22, 2010: ASMu ("The Last-Minute Super-Bargain Bonus Trip") | June 3-7, 2010: Pop/AKL ("Star Wars Nightastically Delicious!")
Jan. 16-25, 2010: Poly/WL/POR ("The Magic and The Misery") | Sept. 9-14, 2009: Pop Century ("The Prequel") | March 10-17, 1990: Offsite ("A Disney Walk Back in Time...on Four Paws")

Old 08-07-2011, 06:19 AM   #127
disneylovin24
~Let It Go~

No sales tax at sea?!? Im booking my cruise tomorrow

I love the mini gold course on the ship.

That is so cool what they do before the show!

I wonder how many people did feel ill during the storm and ran to their rooms

Can't wait to read more!

Old 08-07-2011, 06:20 AM   #128
disneylovin24
~Let It Go~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I just realized that the other family whose TR I'm reading about their Disney Dream Cruise did the cruise at the exact same time as you! Their kids did some science experiments that involved some sort of explosion in the kids club, which is what got me think about the volcano sound you said you heard at some point. I checked the dates, and sure enough, you guys were there at the same time. How funny!
Im reading that TR too! I thought maybe they were on the same ship because they both had a mindnight Cars 2 premire.

If I find the link to their TR Im going to post it.

Old 08-07-2011, 08:42 AM   #129
tatar63
Earning My Ears

Loving your report! I would love to see a picture of the D & B Purse you bought!
Old 08-07-2011, 08:54 AM   #130
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
Gosh I would have been a little freaked at the storm (not a big fan of travelling via sea - crazy I know) But I can imagine that the storm looked pretty cool, esp when you are in the "middle of nowhere" so to speak.

Looks like you had a lovely day at sea. Quite eventful and not too busy busy

Palo dinner looks yummy, can't wait to eat there next month

Looking forward to your Nassau Day
Your wedding and honeymoon are so close now Stefy!
I'd never really thought about storms at sea, but guess they are happening all the time! At least the captain could sail us around it lol

Quote:
Oh, I would have loved to have seen the storm! I'm sure it was really pretty.

I like how fancy the dinner was.

As if I didn't already have enough places I wanted to travel, I've now added doing a Disney Cruise because of this and another trip report!!
Thanks for reading Mel! Who is writing the other TR you mentioned? A lot of the people who were on the Dis and booked on the June 21st cruise formed a facebook group, it was fun to countdown together - I didn't meet anyone on the ship but saw a few people in tshirts that they'd made with the group name ('Motley Cruise') while onboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbP View Post
All caught up and loving this report. Thanks for taking the time to do this. Looks like you both are having a wonderful honeymoon.
Thank you for reading along. I'm really enjoying writing up this report and looking through all our photos again - it feels so long ago already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Sounds like a great day! I'm glad you guys enjoyed the Anyone can Cook presentation.

The Golden Mickey's show looks great as does Palo. I love the photo of the both of you at dinner. Oh no on there being a storm in the distance
Thank you, it was a really good day at sea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugette View Post
Sounds like a great day. Palo looks wonderful. Really makes me want to go on a Disney cruise!
Thank you for reading! We really enjoyed Palo - as our reservation wasn't until after 8pm the restaurant seemed really quiet too

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneylovin24 View Post
No sales tax at sea?!? Im booking my cruise tomorrow

I love the mini gold course on the ship.

That is so cool what they do before the show!

I wonder how many people did feel ill during the storm and ran to their rooms

Can't wait to read more!
Hehe - I don't know why I hadn't thought about the sales tax not applying to being on a cruise ship, I guess we are used to adding on 6/7% to the price of whatever we buy in the USA, whereas here our's is already included in the price (at 20%! lol)

Once we were back at our room we could barely feel the ship moving, so maybe it was just people who were at the very back/very front of the ship?!
Old 08-07-2011, 08:57 AM   #131
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatar63 View Post
Loving your report! I would love to see a picture of the D & B Purse you bought!
Hi, thanks for reading! I definitely have a photo of the purse somewhere.. I'll upload it to photobucket soon it's the small wristlet, in navy blue with red edging

Emma x
Old 08-07-2011, 09:11 AM   #132
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybarbie View Post
Thanks for reading Mel! Who is writing the other TR you mentioned? A lot of the people who were on the Dis and booked on the June 21st cruise formed a facebook group, it was fun to countdown together - I didn't meet anyone on the ship but saw a few people in tshirts that they'd made with the group name ('Motley Cruise') while onboard!
It's TimandLesley.Here's the link : http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2752980
Old 08-07-2011, 09:33 AM   #133
mamaboogie
DIS Veteran

Hi Emma!

Just found your report and have really enjoyed reading it.

I was really interested in your Virgin Premium Economy experiences - we are hoping to go back next year and we are thinking about treating ourselves to PE. I think you've sold me on it!

Your cruise experience seems just heavenly

Can't wait to read more!
Old 08-07-2011, 12:30 PM   #134
Sunstar
Mouseketeer

Oh dinner at Palo looks so nice and elegant! Hopefully, my hubby will fall in love with Disney as much as I am, so we can do a Disney cruise some day. Lol

Katie and Kellan's Disneymoon PTR Mr. and Mrs. Potts Take a Honeymoon Holiday
Caribbean Beach April 1989 * Off Site WDW/US Aug 1994 * Port Orleans French Quarter/IOA Aug 1996 * Disneyland Paris April 1999 * Coronado Springs/IOA Aug 2000 * Coronado Springs Aug 2006 * Disneyland Resort Feb 2008 * Coronado Springs Aug 2011 - Our Disneymoon! * Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room!) - May 2014

Old 08-07-2011, 02:33 PM   #135
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaboogie View Post
Hi Emma!

Just found your report and have really enjoyed reading it.

I was really interested in your Virgin Premium Economy experiences - we are hoping to go back next year and we are thinking about treating ourselves to PE. I think you've sold me on it!

Your cruise experience seems just heavenly

Can't wait to read more!

Thanks for reading along so far!
We really loved flying PE - if you have any Virgin Flying Club miles saved up it can take a few £££s off the price too

Quote:
It's TimandLesley.Here's the link : http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2752980

Thanks Mel.. I've read Lesley's TR now, love reading about the cruise from other people's point of view!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunstar View Post
Oh dinner at Palo looks so nice and elegant! Hopefully, my hubby will fall in love with Disney as much as I am, so we can do a Disney cruise some day. Lol
It really was a lovely restaurant! I hope you do get to go on a Disney Cruise one day, if anything - it is less 'Disney' than WDW.. especially the adult areas - my DH wasn't sure about going on a cruise but we both loved it so much!

and for Tartar63 - here is the Dooney & Bourke purse I bought..

So pleased I bought this - a Cast Member at WDW even noticed it the next week and asked where it was from!

Emma x

Last edited by disneybarbie; 08-07-2011 at 02:42 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: