Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2011, 08:09 PM   #151
dreamerchic33
Mouseketeer

Fantastic updates!!
Love the bag and all if your pictures! You both look amazing in your pirate costumes!
Can't wait to read more!
Old 08-07-2011, 08:22 PM   #152
Wiley Coyote
Earning My Ears

Best. Trip Report. Ever. Sexy pirate outfit! Oh, and you look good in yours too. ;-)
Register to remove

Old 08-07-2011, 09:19 PM   #153
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Oh, you got to "swim" with dolphins too. Cool! The boat you took to get there doesn't look like a catamaran though. Catamarans are usually very low boats, with a net between "boat parts" at the front.

Sounds like a very fun and exciting day, ending with fireworks at sea!
Old 08-08-2011, 02:21 AM   #154
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Looks like you had a great Nassau day, the dolphin encounter looked like lots of fun So after your experience you were free to wander around? We have the early morning encounter and I was wondering what we would be able to do afterwards before we catch the boat back.

Love the D&B wristlet, the cruise designs look really nice. Were you tempted by any other bags?

Pirate Night looks like so much fun. What side of the ship were you on? I have heard that the starboard side can see the fireworks from their balconies.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:19 PM   #155
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Awesome updates Emma!

You looked great in the Pirate costume!

Speaking of the lifeboat, we had heard that the night before, the CM's had their CM party and that a few of the CM's got REALLY drunk and it affected their performance the next day, which may have included this incident Crazy.

Anyways, can't wait to hear your next update!

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Old 08-08-2011, 01:40 PM   #156
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaboogie View Post
I love your pirate outfits! Booo to all those boring grown ups who didn't dress up! Where did you get them from? You look fab!

The dolphin experience looked so cute. I love just being able to touch the dolpins at Seaworld so getting in the pool with them must be amazing.
Thank you! I really was surprised more adults weren't dressed up - some people were though & most people at least had the bandanas on or a piratey tshirt!
We got our costumes from a fancy dress website called escapade.co.uk - they had a huge selection on there, Steve's was actually a Disney one and mine was called 'Victorian pirate', they were about £35 each.. so now we have costumes ready for any fancy-dress parties we might go to in the future! Mine was very short though so I wore leggings with it lol.

The dolphins were amazing! Up close to them I realised that they are definitely mammals, not fish! So intelligent and friendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneylovin24 View Post
That is so cool that you got to "swim" with dolphins! Definetely a great way to speand your day!

That must have been neat to have seen the garbage leaving the ships. I wonder if the DCL do behind the scene tours. If they don't they should! I bet you a lot of people on the boats would do it.

I love your pirate costumes. I think it's great that you dresseed up even as adults. I think more adults should have gotten in the spirit and dressed! Why should it be only kids!?

I love the fireworks at sea idea. And it was to the music of POTC! That is even better!
Hi! I'm not sure if DCL does a backstage tour ... it'd be fascinating though, I would love to see in the kitchens - must be huge to feed 4000 people, almost 24 hours a day!
Lol we felt pretty self-conscious about being in the full costumes to start with, I even worried people might think we were crew members but it was a great memory and I'm kinda glad we did dress up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunstar View Post
The aquaduck sounds really cool. And swimming with dolphins - my DH would love that!
The Aquaduck was so much fun! I wish we'd had a chance to do it at night too because that must be quite a different experience
The dolphin swim was another highlight of our honeymoon that we'll always remember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Self_resqing_princz View Post
I just started today and read everything so far in one read! GREAT start! I'm not going to lie... I got choked up a few times... You're doing great and I'm so glad I made it here before you finished the cruise! I can't wait to read the rest!
Thank you for reading along so far lol sorry you got choked up a few times!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsqueakrr View Post
OMG Pirate night looks like so much fun! I'm jealous! You both looked great!

[FONT="Century Gothic]Thanks - it was a really fun night, all the menu items were named after pirates too.. 'Jack Sparrows Prime Rib', 'Blackbeard's Crab Cake' ... definitely that Disney touch![/FONT]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Love the review of the Dolphin encounter - sounds great!

on recognising a Disney podcaster and you both look great in your pirate costumes!
Thank you! lol it was really nice to meet Mike, the pocaster, he was so friendly - I think the Be Our Guest Podcast had a big group on our cruise, I noticed a few tshirts with the show's logo on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
Just caught up! What a beautiful report so far! Congrats on the wedding

I went on a Carnival cruise with my family when I was 18 and HATED it (everything felt cheap and dirty). So much so that I thought I never would feel the urge to go on a cruise again. But your gorgeous photos make me want to try a Disney Cruise, it looks like you guys had so much fun!
Thank you so much for reading so far! I'm enjoying writing about each day and remembering it all
I'm not sure how we'd find other cruise lines now.. would be hard not to compare everything to DCL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamerchic33 View Post
Fantastic updates!!
Love the bag and all if your pictures! You both look amazing in your pirate costumes!
Can't wait to read more!
Thank you I hope to get onto the next update soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiley Coyote View Post
Best. Trip Report. Ever. Sexy pirate outfit! Oh, and you look good in yours too. ;-)
Lol! thanks for reading so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Oh, you got to "swim" with dolphins too. Cool! The boat you took to get there doesn't look like a catamaran though. Catamarans are usually very low boats, with a net between "boat parts" at the front.

Sounds like a very fun and exciting day, ending with fireworks at sea!
Hi Mel, you're right - that wasn't a catamaran was it! Not sure why I called it that hehe.
Fireworks show at sea was definitely something we'll always remember - Disney is apparently the only cruise line that does this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
Looks like you had a great Nassau day, the dolphin encounter looked like lots of fun So after your experience you were free to wander around? We have the early morning encounter and I was wondering what we would be able to do afterwards before we catch the boat back.

Love the D&B wristlet, the cruise designs look really nice. Were you tempted by any other bags?

Pirate Night looks like so much fun. What side of the ship were you on? I have heard that the starboard side can see the fireworks from their balconies.
Thanks Stefy! - Yes, after the dolphin encounter, we could have stayed at Blue Lagoon (the last boat was at 4pm back to the ship) - there was a beach, cafe and souvenir shop

Originally I looked at the white DCL wristlet, but they only had a couple on display and the 'placement' wasn't very good, lots of half characters! But I liked the blue one too, I now have that one and the white WDW wristlet. The larger bags look great too but I'm not sure how much I'd use one at home (it would be too precious! ) and they are a lot of $$$s! all so lovely though, was quite tempted by the 40-year anniversary designs too.

Our stateroom was on the starboard side, and I think as we got that note about not leaving things on the verandah that we might have been able to see them? We were close to the extended part of Cabanas though so I'm not sure how much we'd have been able to see as the deck above hung over a bit!
One thing we didn't think about was that as the ship was moving, the fireworks were more towards the back of the ship, guess they were being blown by the wind that way? Very cool show though, wish I had the soundtrack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Awesome updates Emma!

You looked great in the Pirate costume!

Speaking of the lifeboat, we had heard that the night before, the CM's had their CM party and that a few of the CM's got REALLY drunk and it affected their performance the next day, which may have included this incident Crazy.

Anyways, can't wait to hear your next update!

Hi Alicia! Wow.. really?! I bet those crew members were in a lot of trouble after that lol - I noticed the crane at port canaveral when we disembarked, guess they were trying to fix it asap... but apparently the next cruise sailed with that lifeboat completely removed!

Emma x

Last edited by disneybarbie; 08-08-2011 at 01:47 PM.
Old 08-09-2011, 02:12 AM   #157
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Ah right cool We were thinking about watching them on the verandah, but I feel like we should go up top and see them.

Am sure you could find the soundtrack on the net somewhere, or maybe even here

Ooh you must post your D&B purchases, love seeing new Dooneys
Old 08-09-2011, 03:12 PM   #158
DisneyHawkeye
Earning My Ears

Your TR has been quite an enjoyable read! We also had our honeymoon at WDW and on a Disney Cruise to the Bahamas in 2009. We even had our wedding at WDW... I am a little Disney obsessed

Old 08-09-2011, 11:21 PM   #159
jessiegirl84
Mouseketeer

Hello, I just found your trip report !
It sounds like you had an amazing time! I've never been on a cruise before but reading your story and seeing your pics makes me want to go on one!
I can't wait to read more

Jess & Dave - 2 Aussies engaged and married in the most magical place on earth!
Old 08-10-2011, 07:49 AM   #160
tatar63
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the picture of your D&B wristlet, I love it! We are going on a Disney cruise in September and I can't wait to see all the purses I will have to look for some pirate attire for us also Can't wait for your next installment on Castaway Cay
Old 08-10-2011, 09:00 PM   #161
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

I can't get over how absolutely beautiful the Dream is! What an amazing ship! Watching the storm at night sounds like such a neat experience. Since my biggest fear is drowning though, I imagine that I would be a bit freaked out! When I went to Nassau a few years back, we did a dolphin encounter, too. It looks very similar to the place you went. Maybe it was the same one? You two look great in your pirates costumes! It sounds like such a fun night!
Old 08-11-2011, 09:21 PM   #162
mickey2minnie1
DIS Veteran

This is one of the best trip reports I have ever read. thank you so much for sharing. Tough week and this just gave me my Disney escape.
Nov/Dec 2010 5 nights at the Poly with my 3 children
June 2010 3 nights at the Poly w/ DH
Oct/Nov 2009 8 nights at the Poly GVCL
Oct/Nov 2007 9 nights at the Poly

Me DH DS 17 DS 14 DD 12 Sebastian 6
Old 08-13-2011, 01:54 PM   #163
mickey2minnie1
DIS Veteran

Nov/Dec 2010 5 nights at the Poly with my 3 children
June 2010 3 nights at the Poly w/ DH
Oct/Nov 2009 8 nights at the Poly GVCL
Oct/Nov 2007 9 nights at the Poly

Me DH DS 17 DS 14 DD 12 Sebastian 6
Old 08-13-2011, 03:14 PM   #164
Self_resqing_princz
Mouseketeer

Are the riots in London near you? I hope you and your family are doing okay. Praying for you and yours!

2007/2010 WL
2013- split stay POR(RS) & WL

Current PTR/TR September 2013: Doing Disney by the book... or rather- list. Marking off our Disney Bucket Lists!
[URL="http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3151964"]Moose & Goose do Disney -or- The 5th anniversary is the Disney Trip anniversary

http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/jxorsv1jabd4oqto.png
Old 08-13-2011, 10:21 PM   #165
cindianne320
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Self_resqing_princz View Post
Are the riots in London near you? I hope you and your family are doing okay. Praying for you and yours!
I was wondering the same thing- hope you are ok!
2010- POR, 2011- POP, 2013- A of A and Disney Dream! 2014-CS

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: