Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2012, 11:15 AM   #1
Rneighh
This is a horse of a different color! :)

Just Back -- some thoughts

Just back from five days at Wilderness Lodge with my two adult daughters -- celebrating the oldest graduating from college.

Loved Wilderness -- very pretty and loved the ease of getting on the boat to MK

The regular dining plan is PLENTY of food. Have done both the deluxe and regular and will never do the deluxe again.

The Brazilian tour groups were there but not that much of a problem.

The cheerleaders were much worse to deal with. Hugh groups attacking rides, loud, rude, and obnoxious. And no not all of them were this way but enough to make us run in the other direction when we saw them.

Sci-Fi has the worst food in all the parks.

Coral Reef and Boma are still some of my favorites.

The lobster at Narcoossee's is not that good but I love the view and the desserts.

The Wishes Dessert Party was fabulous. I would highly recommend it.

Any questions?

Renee
01' CS
03' AKL
06' RPH and AKL
08' POR
12' WL

Next trip May of 2013 to celebrate my youngest graduating from college.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:23 AM   #2
SnapesGirl
Mouseketeer

Well, you made up my mind about the Sci-Fi and I'm happy I booked Wishes. Just worried that the week we go is a Cheerleading competition. Yikes! Ah well, but glad you had fun!

May 2015 - Art of Animation; May 2014 - Art of Animation (TRIP REPORT) ; April 2012 - Offsite; September 2011 - Offsite; April 2011 - Offsite; May 2001 - Offsite; September 1999 - Fort Wilderness Cabin

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2012, 11:28 AM   #3
DisneyFive
Luv'n the magic

Glad to hear you had a great time!... would like to hear more detail about Wilderness lodge and what you liked...

...we've gone to Coral Reef the last two years and have LOVED it both times. Last year my favorite meal was there, it was either the sustainable Seasoneal Catch or a Chef's signature fish dinner (I'd have to look back at what it was called, but it was awesome). My wifes grilled Mahi Mahi was also excellent.

Dan
Old 02-14-2012, 11:41 AM   #4
Mom2aJessieGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rneighh View Post
Just back from five days at Wilderness Lodge with my two adult daughters -- celebrating the oldest graduating from college.

Loved Wilderness -- very pretty and loved the ease of getting on the boat to MK

The regular dining plan is PLENTY of food. Have done both the deluxe and regular and will never do the deluxe again.

The Brazilian tour groups were there but not that much of a problem.

The cheerleaders were much worse to deal with. Hugh groups attacking rides, loud, rude, and obnoxious. And no not all of them were this way but enough to make us run in the other direction when we saw them.

Sci-Fi has the worst food in all the parks.

Coral Reef and Boma are still some of my favorites.

The lobster at Narcoossee's is not that good but I love the view and the desserts.

The Wishes Dessert Party was fabulous. I would highly recommend it.

Any questions?

Renee
We made the GIANT mistake of going to DHS Saturday. EVERY restroom we attempted to use was filled with cheerleaders taking up multiple stalls by changing clothes.

And at the restroom at the 50'sPTC, they were just outright changing in the open. My DD6 did not need to see teenagers in their thongs.

I don't know if we just had good timing or what, but we only saw one other tour group besides cheerleaders!
WDW (Dolphin/FW) February 2014; WDW (POP) March 2013 (F&G);WDW (ASsp) January 2013;WDW (POFQ/FW) May 2012 (SWW); WDW (FW) February 2012; WDW (POFQ) November-December 2011 (MVMCP); WDW (POFQ/FW) February 2011; DLR (GCH) August 2010; WDW (WL) Spring 2002; WDW (WL) August 1997; WDW (WL) July 1994; DLR (DLH) Mid 90's; WDW July-August 1991; WDW March 1989; And a couple more for good measure!
Old 02-14-2012, 12:44 PM   #5
danny1649
Will be wearing some lime green
I just love to dance
Armed with this information I might be able to out score DW for once

DISboards Moderator

Your Post

Better suited for this board
Old 02-14-2012, 01:05 PM   #6
bigjrfan88
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapesGirl View Post
Well, you made up my mind about the Sci-Fi and I'm happy I booked Wishes. Just worried that the week we go is a Cheerleading competition. Yikes! Ah well, but glad you had fun!
But that comp doesnt start till the following weekend of your visit. My thoughts are that they probably wont start arriving until the 9th and then stay through the weekend and into part of the next week. You cant finda room ata Mod or a Value for the 9th-12th.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:49 PM   #7
Rneighh
This is a horse of a different color! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFive View Post
Glad to hear you had a great time!... would like to hear more detail about Wilderness lodge and what you liked...

Dan
Dan: it was just so warm and welcoming. The lobby is beautiful. We were upgraded to a courtyard view and really loved sitting on the balcony. Walking around the resort, you will find the grounds full of all kinds of surprises. We really loved the landscaping. Mousekeeping was wonderful and left us towel animals everyday. All the staff in general was very friendly. We loved the boat to MK. After comparing it to AKL we decided WL wins out. I will miss the animals but AKL is just too dark inside for me.

Renee
01' CS
03' AKL
06' RPH and AKL
08' POR
12' WL

Next trip May of 2013 to celebrate my youngest graduating from college.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: