Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2013, 08:32 PM   #736
thecapells
Disney Dad

Minnie’s Patio

Next, we headed outside onto the patio.
Let’s check out how great a gardener this fair mouse is.
I see Daisies, Blue Bells, Buttercups, Tiger Lillies, Dandelions, and Twolips.
That Super Toon Plant Food must really work!

Outside the patio, we headed over to the pretty pink gazebo.
Here is a lovely spot to sit and relax and enjoy a day in Toontown.

And with that, we headed back into Toontown.
It was time to turn from Mice to Ducks...
Come sail with us!
Old 01-26-2013, 05:43 AM   #737
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Great tribute to Minnie's house. I love how accomplished she is
You took a lot of great pics but my favorite is the very last one. The princess looks adorable

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2013, 06:11 AM   #738
MEK
DIS Veteran

The official "pithy saying a year" calendar! That's awesome!

I have to say that you did an absolutely fantastic job with these pictures. There are so many wonderful details that I never notice. Like the hand tree! I wonder where all the stuff from both houses is now? It belongs in a museum. Did I already say that last time?

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 01-26-2013, 07:34 AM   #739
boxmaster
Disney Uncle

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
You took a lot of great pics but my favorite is the very last one. The princess looks adorable
I didn't realize just how many pics we took, either. Wow! Nice to look through them again.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:32 PM   #740
thecapells
Disney Dad

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
The official "pithy saying a year" calendar! That's awesome!

I have to say that you did an absolutely fantastic job with these pictures. There are so many wonderful details that I never notice. Like the hand tree! I wonder where all the stuff from both houses is now? It belongs in a museum. Did I already say that last time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmaster View Post
I didn't realize just how many pics we took, either. Wow! Nice to look through them again.
I think we went a bit overboard knowing that this was the last time we'd ever see this stuff.
Someone had to preserve it for the archives, right?
Old 01-26-2013, 02:38 PM   #741
thecapells
Disney Dad

Donald’s Boat

We came back to Toon Park, grabbed the boys and headed over to check out Donald’s Boat.
Let’s see what a day in the life of Donald is aboard the Miss Daisy…

While we were on board, J took off down the Toontown path to snag fastpasses for Space Mountain for himself.
The rest of us went over to Pete’s Garage to check it out one last time (and use the restrooms).

Then it was time to say Farewell to Mickey’s Toontown Fair.
It was a fun temporary land but we are much more excited for the New Fantasyland!

Next up – the gang splits up to try some more firsts.
First, let’s take a quick look at J’s adventures to Tomorrowland and then follow him and our princess into Frontierland…
Old 01-26-2013, 10:18 PM   #742
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecapells View Post
I think we went a bit overboard knowing that this was the last time we'd ever see this stuff.
Someone had to preserve it for the archives, right?
That's exactly what I was thinking. You did a great job with preservation and your most recent update showed me more details I never noticed!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 01-26-2013, 10:45 PM   #743
thecapells
Disney Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
That's exactly what I was thinking. You did a great job with preservation and your most recent update showed me more details I never noticed!
Great minds...
Old 01-27-2013, 11:56 AM   #744
SimplyGoofy
"You are not Mickey Mouse... you are a rat!" "Rat, shmat. Besides, they're tourists. What do they know?"

You took such great pictures in Toontown! I never spent much time there (as I was older once it was built), but I did really enjoy walking through Mickey and Minnie's houses.

It was fun to experience them again!

Feb 2012 - A Savanna, A Wizard, and Oodles of Food - AKL/DxDP/WWoHP
Old 01-27-2013, 10:00 PM   #745
thecapells
Disney Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyGoofy View Post
You took such great pictures in Toontown! I never spent much time there (as I was older once it was built), but I did really enjoy walking through Mickey and Minnie's houses.

It was fun to experience them again!
Thanks!
We also haven't spent much time there.
But we felt it deserved a nice long morning before it disappeared back into the Disney Vaults...
Old 01-28-2013, 09:02 PM   #746
boxmaster
Disney Uncle

The Land with Metal Palm Trees

Quote:
Then it was time to say Farewell to Mickey’s Toontown Fair.
It was a fun temporary land but we are much more excited for the New Fantasyland!
Still funny to me that I was the one in the troupe who wound up seeing New Fantasyland first! HA! (Mike had his chance, but no... it was
too soon to come back to Disney World earlier this month after having just gone to Disney Land in November. But that's a story for another
TR or two. Back to where Mike left us off in 2011...)

Quote:
Next up – the gang splits up to try some more firsts.
First, let’s take a quick look at J’s adventures to Tomorrowland and then follow him and our princess into Frontierland…
It's always interesting seeing what happened when I was elsewhere. Or should I say elsewhen, since I was off to Tomorrowland.

And on Mike's “secret” path. Methinks these signs no longer exist. :-(

As much as some of the slower/dark rides are fun, and as much as I admire the detail that is put all over the place...

I'm the thrill ride person of the gang. Sure, Toy Story Mania is one of my favorite rides , but nothing will really be able to hold up to Space
Mountain and Tower of Terror. Well, I could satisfy one of those cravings in Tomorrowland.

If only I could have some company on these rides. Well, that may yet happen.

Having picked up my Fast Pass for Space Mountain, it was back on the secret path to Toon Town to pick up DD and head on over to the next-sized coaster
in MK (IMO) from Barnstormer.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:45 PM   #747
thecapells
Disney Dad

Snack Time

While we waited for J to finish his trek through Tomorrowland, we decided to get some snacks.
Mom went for her favorite – the Mickey Ice Cream Sandwich.

Yes, we know it’s before lunch but some things take precedence.
Take, for example, the fact that we realized we’d been here 8 days and I haven’t had a Mickey Bar yet.
Blasphemy!
So I had to cure that ailment tout de suite!
(And the kids were more than happy to join me!)

X opted for popcorn – doesn’t the Magic Kingdom have the best popcorn ever?
He seemed pretty happy.

About then, J returned.
He wasn’t in the mood for a snack.
Instead he headed off to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.
The princess, however, begged to join him.
After the Barnstormer she had caught the rollercoaster “bug.”
But J only had one fastpass – what to do, what to do?
I’ll let J finish the story…
Old 02-04-2013, 09:12 PM   #748
boxmaster
Disney Uncle

Applause as Loud as Thunder

Quote:

About then, J returned.
He wasn’t in the mood for a snack.
Great as some of that stuff is, it was close enough to lunch, I didn't want to have ice cream. (Heck, I'm gonna have dessert at lunch anyway.)

Quote:
Instead he headed off to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.
The princess, however, begged to join him.
After the Barnstormer she had caught the rollercoaster “bug.”
But J only had one fastpass – what to do, what to do?
I’ll let J finish the story…
Well, well, well... someone actually caught the 'coaster bug. How could I *possibly* say no to bringing DD? But, as Mike mentioned, I only had the one
FP for me, since no one else in the family - at the time I got it - liked roller coasters, and these are mandatory must-do attractions for me at Disney.

Mike's the fast talker/schmoozer, not me, so I wasn't sure how well I'd manage to get BOTH myself and DD onto the ride. The gears churn away as
we walk to BTMRR.

On the way over, I'm floored by a totally unexpected sight. And, having been trained very well by Mike and Stacey by now, seeing pretty much no
line, DD and I paused briefly. For we were in Frontierland. And who else was there... but Frontier Donald!

Random sighting out of the way, we trekked on and reached our destination: Big Thunder Mountain.

Yeah, it was a little bright out.

Before we reached the CM, I apologized to DD in advance for the lie that I was about to tell. For, you see, my thinking was that my best chance of
getting BOTH of us on with just one FP was to tell the CM that DD had lost her ticket, and that we were hoping that we could still both get on together. (Who
can say no to a cute little girl trying to get onto a ride with her unca?)

Some CMs are pains in the rear about such things (and even moreso, nowadays, about the time window for the Fast Passes), but this one was on
the forgiving side. Whether he truly believed my story or merely took pity on the two of us is irrelevant... we got in! And out of the overly bright sunshine.

DD was a little anxious to go on. After all, it was her first time on a fast coaster, and all she has heard from her parents about
coasters (prior to Mike going on Barnstormer) is anxiety and fear. (Yeah, yeah, it's all about that feeling in your stomach. Bah!)

So, what do you think the reaction was after we got off the ride?

She absolutely LOVED it! “That was awesome!”

I took a quick gander at what the standby wait time was, because if it were short enough, we'd go back on and deal with being late to meet back up with
everyone. Heck, no one else was going to be taking DD on the coasters, so give her as much of them as I can while I'm on a Disney trip
with the troupe. Hmm... that gives me an idea... (Yep, pretty obvious.) DD, would you like to go on Space Mountain with me, if your parents say you can?

Alas, the BTMRR line was too long to make any sense to get back on right then, so we made our way back. But DD was totally excited about the possibility of going on Space Mountain. And, much as I didn't want to be a party-pooper, I had to temper her expectations, because I was not at all sure that her parents (mostly her mom -- sorry Stacey) would let her ride it with me.

On the way, DD saw one of the shops on the side and absolutely had to stop and do a little modeling.

Detour out of the way, we continued back to meet everyone on Main Street for lunch.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:21 AM   #749
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Great updates guys!

Those snacks all look so yummy but I would have to go with X and the popcorn. Disney popcorn is the best!

for the princess braving the coasters! Sounds like fun unca/niece bonding time

Old 02-05-2013, 06:27 AM   #750
thecapells
Disney Dad

Quote:
Great updates guys!

Those snacks all look so yummy but I would have to go with X and the popcorn. Disney popcorn is the best!

for the princess braving the coasters! Sounds like fun unca/niece bonding time
The problem is what to do with her when Unca is not around and she starts begging for coasters.
But that's another story...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: