Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2012, 08:02 PM   #511
thecapells
Disney Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyelenawf View Post
Okay, Sir, you know I'm a recent lurker.

I was just curious if you knew about the hidden Mickeys visible from the queue for the Test Track & in Bruce's Sub House? I'm hesitant to just blurt them out.
I don't recall any Hidden Mickeys that I know of in either place!
Please tell us!!

Quote:
I so appreciated your links on the tours! & after you TR with all the stuff for MNSSHP, my mom is super psyched that I'm treating her to a Mother/Daughter trip during the F&WF. Your TR have been invaluable for planning that trip![/B]
You guys will LOVE MNSSHP! It was ALOT of fun!
And I'm glad my TR could help you plan your night!
You'll have to tell us all about it when you get back!
Old 06-25-2012, 08:59 PM   #512
ladyelenawf
Never too old to be treated like a Princess!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecapells View Post
I don't recall any Hidden Mickeys that I know of in either place!
Please tell us!!
In line for the Test Track on the left side are some washers on a table left to represent Mickey's head. In the Sub House there is a giant ...poster about sharks. As you are facing it, in the bottom Right hand corner is a clam shell. It's hiding a Mickey-shaped pearl.

Oh! Bonus: the boat ride beside Soarin' (begging everyone's pardon, but I forgot the name ) has another one that I know of. When you pass by the fish tanks, there is a green hose that's been left coiled in the shape of Mickey's head on the floor on the starboard side. (I think I'm calling right by it's correct nautical alias. )

Alibi: these were last spotted Dec '10. So I hope they haven't been removed/changed.

Quote:
You guys will LOVE MNSSHP! It was ALOT of fun!
And I'm glad my TR could help you plan your night!
You'll have to tell us all about it when you get back!
Having explained TRs & the vast amount of help? She's pretty much requiring me to pay it forward. I'll be taking my tablet so I can have a word document constantly updated. I'm hoping my FB photo album will support the pics for posting.

LLT2 24OCT-09NOV WL & sharing WDW w/ fiancé 08-14 DEC 2014 SS
Crazy Christmas Tour 02-08Dec 2012 POR Princess Room!!, Ladies & Liquor Tour: 23Sep-06Oct 2012 AKL,
Dec 2010 Off Site, Feb 2006 AKL, May 1999 FW-C

Last edited by ladyelenawf; 06-25-2012 at 09:01 PM. Reason: I'm dyslexic, sorry.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-26-2012, 06:26 AM   #513
thecapells
Disney Dad

Quote:
In line for the Test Track on the left side are some washers on a table left to represent Mickey's head. In the Sub House there is a giant ...poster about sharks. As you are facing it, in the bottom Right hand corner is a clam shell. It's hiding a Mickey-shaped pearl.

Oh! Bonus: the boat ride beside Soarin' (begging everyone's pardon, but I forgot the name ) has another one that I know of. When you pass by the fish tanks, there is a green hose that's been left coiled in the shape of Mickey's head on the floor on the starboard side. (I think I'm calling right by it's correct nautical alias. )

Alibi: these were last spotted Dec '10. So I hope they haven't been removed/changed.
There are, in fact, several more in the Living with the Land boat ride. But the hose is definitely still there (I think I have a pic coming up).

Don't think we've found the Test Track and Sub House ones though.

Quote:
Having explained TRs & the vast amount of help? She's pretty much requiring me to pay it forward. I'll be taking my tablet so I can have a word document constantly updated. I'm hoping my FB photo album will support the pics for posting.
You'll have to post a link so we can read it!
Old 06-26-2012, 06:35 AM   #514
MEK
DIS Veteran

Hey capell family!

I see I missed a few updates while I was on my most recent trip to the world. I will stop by later tonight so I can catch up on all the great family pics! Pictureless right now. bummer!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW

Last edited by MEK; 07-03-2012 at 04:56 AM.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:35 PM   #515
tinytink
DIS Veteran

Hey guys, greeting from your GS troop 1191. Hope you guys are having fun! (it's Theresa)
2006 Castaway Cay Double Dip
2004 DCL Eastern Caribbean's First Trip to Antigua
Old 07-03-2012, 04:55 AM   #516
MEK
DIS Veteran

Great updates that I missed. Your pictures, as always, are great. I took a lot of the same pics in June. I just haven't edited them yet to see how they turned out. I hope they are as good as yours.

I know I probably saw the kids outfits in an earlier update, but I didn't realize just how well they went with the Nemo theme until now. So impressed with mrs capell for picking out such coordinating designer outfits.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 07-08-2012, 04:18 PM   #517
thecapells
Disney Dad

Hey everyone!
Sorry it's been so long.
We just got back from our 10-day Beach Club/Disney Fantasy vacation!
We had tons of fun and did so much it feels like we've been gone forever!
I promise I'll get back to this TR ASAP and will try to get an update tonight or tomorrow.

The kids are excited about the trip we just got back from so we may even start a TR for that one so they can contribute.
Sounds like I may be upgrading my Photobucket account to Premium...
Old 07-08-2012, 04:19 PM   #518
thecapells
Disney Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Great updates that I missed. Your pictures, as always, are great. I took a lot of the same pics in June. I just haven't edited them yet to see how they turned out. I hope they are as good as yours.

I know I probably saw the kids outfits in an earlier update, but I didn't realize just how well they went with the Nemo theme until now. So impressed with mrs capell for picking out such coordinating designer outfits.
Glad you liked the pictures!
Did you start a new TR? I must've missed it with all the pre-cruise insanity.
But Mom definitely gets all the props for our awesome outfits.
And there's still much more to come!
Old 07-08-2012, 04:31 PM   #519
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Welcome Back!! I hope your trip was absolutely wonderful!! You know I can't wait to hear all about it

Old 07-08-2012, 07:28 PM   #520
TheCapellsMom
Mouseketeer

Well, it turns out that DS’s best friend (and his family) have a habit of going to WDW around the same time as we do quite often.
Each time, the boys are SO excited that they will be in The World together and each time, we hardly see them at all.
Their touring plan is completely different than ours.
A couple of times, the boys were able to sit together on the airplane, but that’s about it.

You see, their three boys are roller coaster fiends and our family tends to skip them for the most part (which frustrates DD immensely).
They are night owls and our kids are early birds.
They are eat-on-the run kind of people and we are leisurely sit-down meal kind of people.

So, when we compared our plans and found that we would all be in the same area of Epcot,
I was determined to let DS catch a few moments of fun with his BFF!

When we got the call that they were headed to The Land, DS and I hustled over to Soarin’ to meet up with his buddy’s family!
I snapped this pic while we were waiting for them at the entrance sign:

Luckily, we all had scored fast passes earlier in the morning so the wait was not too terrible.
Here are the boys on line for the ride (see how happy DS is?):

And here are the boys just before our gliders took off:

All in all, DS was thrilled to see his bud and disappointed that their time together was so short.
But he still refused to meet up with them later in the trip to ride the coasters!
Personally, I was just happy to see DS so happy- and an extra trip on my favorite ride made me extremely happy!
Old 07-08-2012, 07:30 PM   #521
thecapells
Disney Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post

Welcome Back!! I hope your trip was absolutely wonderful!! You know I can't wait to hear all about it

We definitely had fun and I think the kids have a whole new perspective on cruising.
They weren't sure what to think when we told them we would not be going on any rides this time around.
The description of the experience this time around that we kept using was "A very non-Disney Disney experience."
That is, non-Disney is that we were relaxing and enjoying ourselves yet Disney in the great theming, attention to detail, and fun!
Old 07-08-2012, 10:16 PM   #522
boxmaster
Disney Uncle

Quote:
We definitely had fun and I think the kids have a whole new perspective on cruising.
They weren't sure what to think when we told them we would not be going on any rides this time around.
The description of the experience this time around that we kept using was "A very non-Disney Disney experience."
That is, non-Disney is that we were relaxing and enjoying ourselves yet Disney in the great theming, attention to detail, and fun!
I'm definitely looking forward to hearing how it all went. (And one of my co-workers is interested in hearing it, too, since she and her family will be going on the same cruise in mid-January.) Thankfully, I get the benefit of an in-person TR rather than waiting for the online version, though I don't think I'll be getting over to you guys for a couple of weeks.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:48 PM   #523
thecapells
Disney Dad

From the Past to the Future!

After our rendezvous with Chip and Dale we headed over to the Universe of Energy.
X had never been on this and I thought he’d love the big dinos.
We had to wait for Mom and DS to arrive so I bet you can guess what we did!
Why, pictures of course!

X wanted to join in on the fun.
He even made his very own dinosaur impression.

Then we needed one with the whole gang of course.
So we found an unsuspecting CM and posed.
Too bad there was lots of sunlight – it was hard for the kids to keep their eyes open.

Mom and DS finally arrived so we ran in just in time to catch the preshow.
I actually like this preshow.
I’m not a big Ellen fan but she’s actually very funny in the preshow.
Even DS was laughing.

And then it was on to the dinos!
The first dino room is always my favorite.
After that, they get a little cheesier and the Ellen animatronic is really badly done.
But I love when you go under these guys and they spit/sneeze on you.
X must’ve jumped a foot when they sprayed near us!
It was great!

After a nice relaxing, air-conditioned 45 minutes, we headed over to the International Space Training Facility.

But first we slipped DS into the shirt we bought specifically for this moment.
How cool is this shirt?!?!?!

Meanwhile, our princess was feeling the weight of a planet.
Think we should help her out?

Now here’s where our story gets interesting.
Mom stayed with X and headed for Mission Space Cargo Bay so he could play for a bit.

The rest of us rode Mission:Space on the Green Team.
J, however, got the genius idea to try the centrifuge and boarded the Orange Team for the first time.
At least he documented his journey well…

Now, before we board, Uncle J treats us to a look back at the history of space travel.
Which one of these do you remember?

I always loved the one showing the first family space with their dog.
It’s a great little touch that shows our progression towards actual manned flights to the moon.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:51 PM   #524
thecapells
Disney Dad

The Orange Team

But J was now ready to go so he checked the map and his Training Schedule.
Musn’t be late after all!

Finally - the arrival at the launch bay.
And one last look at the ticket that will come back to haunt a specific uncle we all know and love….

After his mission, J wandered over to meet the rest of us in the Advanced Training Lab.
The kids were already scattered playing games they made up and enjoying themselves.
This is one of their favorite places in Epcot.

Mom and J even tried the Space Race.
Their team wasn’t so hot and they got beat pretty bad.

I even wandered in the Cargo Bay to take a look at the souvenirs, posters, and statues.
I love this shop – very well themed and lots of cool stuff!

We played so much, we lost track of time and when I realized how late it got, I grabbed the troops and took off across the park at a fast pace.
We had ADR’s at the Beach Club in 10 MINUTES!!!
Will the Capells arrive on time?
Or better yet, will ALL of the Capells arrive on time?
Climb aboard your light cycles and race across the parks with us for the conclusion of Day Five!

Old 07-11-2012, 08:09 PM   #525
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Great update

I love X's dinosaur pose. So cute!

As someone who has never ridden either version of Mission Space, I loved seeing all the pictures. I detect a bit of ominous foreshadowing for Uncle J though

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: