Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2012, 05:59 AM   #436
thecapells
Disney Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
I love the contrasting pics between the princess looking nervous and her big brother looking so brave and excited I'm glad she ended up enjoying it!

for Uncle J's babysitting skills
I thought those were pretty funny side by side as well.
It's okay - the nerves only lasted so far - she's a big fan of the ride now!
Old 04-21-2012, 10:11 PM   #437
thecapells
Disney Dad

Duffy Butt

With the rain stopped but the clouds hovering ominously, I figured we only had a small break between storms.
So we bolted out of Mission: Space towards the World Showcase lagoon.
I was determined to get back to…
Duffy the Disney Bear!

Our kids are teddy bear kids and Duffy is the ultimate stuffy.
So they love meeting the big guy – all so soft and cuddly.
Due to the rain, there was barely a wait so we got on line and read his story…

And who doesn’t love that Hidden Mickey pawprint!

I think this picture shows that even our eldest has a soft spot for teddy bears.
He buried himself in that fluff so much, you can’t even see him in there!

And I love the cool little Duffy borders Photopass allows you to add…

X was next up and just as excited!

Followed by the princess of course.

And, of course, the group shot.
X wouldn’t let go of his Duffy Bear.

We gathered our things and got ready to bid Duffy good-bye.
But DS pointed out that there’s a Hidden Mickey on Duffy’s butt.
So we made him turn around and sure enough there it was!

Okay, so how many other people have pictures of Duffy’s butt?
You gotta love it.
Anyway, we had one more character to catch before the rain started again.
Does anyone remember who we missed?

But before we get to that, enjoy some stock Duffy pictures!!
Yet another Photopass Bonus…

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2012, 06:03 AM   #438
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Aww, great pictures with Duffy. They all came out great! I know a lot of people are on the fence about him but I think he's adorable and I love his story

Old 04-22-2012, 07:42 AM   #439
Grumpy's Wife
Dollar Tree gal here
sissy fluffed, sissy fluffed!
I'll have one of what ever the tag fairy is drinking tonight
Chocolate is a girls heaven

Gotta love the hidden Mickey on Duffy's butt. Disney does think of everything. Great pictures.

Old 04-22-2012, 10:13 AM   #440
thecapells
Disney Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
Aww, great pictures with Duffy. They all came out great! I know a lot of people are on the fence about him but I think he's adorable and I love his story
Yeah, we don't mind him.
Like I said, our kids are big stuffy fans so they love their Duffy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy's Wife View Post
Gotta love the hidden Mickey on Duffy's butt. Disney does think of everything. Great pictures.
X loves to open the butt flap on his baby stuffed Duffy to unveil the Hidden Mickey.
Gotta love Disney...
Old 04-23-2012, 05:39 PM   #441
boxmaster
Disney Uncle

Adventures in "Single Parenthood of 3", Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecapells View Post
When Mom finally arrived with X, J offered to watch the kids so Mom could experience the ride herself.
And, yes, we got a chance to ride another ride by ourselves!

When we arrived back at the Mission:Space Base, J had just returned with the kids.
Poor J – not only did he watch the kids so we could ride together, but he had to suffer a “potty emergency!”
For those of you who don’t know, the closest restrooms to Mission:Space are in the building directly in front of both Test Track and Mission:Space (a bit more on the Test Track side).
It’s right past Innoventions.
So J grabbed the kids and headed out to avoid an accident (since our kids were fond of letting us know at the last possible minute).
All three kids.
With a stroller.
And all our bags.
In the rain.
Did I mention it started to rain?
Such a good Unca our kids have…

He survived and the kids made it without an accident so all was well.
Except the kids wanted more time to play in Mission:Space Base.
So we gave them a couple more minutes while Mom made a postcard and then it was time to head out.
The rain had stopped and we would be returning here for some fun tomorrow.
But, for now, we had some character rain checks to cash in!
And now... the rest of the story. (With apologies to the late Paul Harvey.)

As most of you probably know, Mission: Space Base has a huge multi-player
video game opposite the playground-like area. I wanted to play that and asked X if he wanted to, too. He said yes. But, since there was no one else
there yet (since a game had just finished shortly before), we were asked to wait on the line until enough others showed up that they would let everyone
on line in to start another game.

After about 5-10 minutes, X tells me that he has to go potty. Oh, great. I ask him if he can hold it for a few minutes, to make sure that he'll be able
to make it until we get to the bathroom and not have an accident; yes, he can. I quickly decide that I can't possibly leave DS and DD behind to play,
even though they would 99% likely be absolutely fine and never even notice we were gone, so I get DS' attention and tell him to find DD elsewhere in the
playground and come on out, unfortunately cutting their playtime short.

DS doesn't flinch or complain about the request and dutifully retrieves his sister. While he's doing that, I leave rather the panicked message on
Mike's cell phone (possibly even on Stacey's also, just to play it safe) letting them know exactly where we are going so they don't start worrying if they
get back before we do.

Mercifully, I knew exactly where that particular bathroom was by this point in time, so it was a fast dash to get there. And with it being all four of us,
we all made our way into the handicap stall -- thankfully no one else had been in there to delay us or require DS and DD to stand outside one stall
while I accompanied X into another.

While that might have been the most stressful sequence of events, the most awkward (inappropriate, even) and funniest was what happened next, TMI
though it may be. Since X was only 4, he still didn't know how to keep his pants on while going #1, so everything's dropped. The rest of us, obviously,
are standing behind him, waiting. DS and DD are pointing at X's bottom and commenting "it's so cute!" in that squeaky "how adorable" voice you would
use for a puppy. I was trying so hard not to crack up, because I had the thoughts of "Guys, that's not appropriate for you to be doing" and "You're
right" at the same time. I don't recall if I wound up stopping them, but it was no more than a gentle "Guys, enough" if anything.

Having survived the potty emergency, we returned to the Space Base.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:07 AM   #442
thecapells
Disney Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmaster View Post
And now... the rest of the story. (With apologies to the late Paul Harvey.)

As most of you probably know, Mission: Space Base has a huge multi-player
video game opposite the playground-like area. I wanted to play that and asked X if he wanted to, too. He said yes. But, since there was no one else
there yet (since a game had just finished shortly before), we were asked to wait on the line until enough others showed up that they would let everyone
on line in to start another game.

After about 5-10 minutes, X tells me that he has to go potty. Oh, great. I ask him if he can hold it for a few minutes, to make sure that he'll be able
to make it until we get to the bathroom and not have an accident; yes, he can. I quickly decide that I can't possibly leave DS and DD behind to play,
even though they would 99% likely be absolutely fine and never even notice we were gone, so I get DS' attention and tell him to find DD elsewhere in the
playground and come on out, unfortunately cutting their playtime short.

DS doesn't flinch or complain about the request and dutifully retrieves his sister. While he's doing that, I leave rather the panicked message on
Mike's cell phone (possibly even on Stacey's also, just to play it safe) letting them know exactly where we are going so they don't start worrying if they
get back before we do.

Mercifully, I knew exactly where that particular bathroom was by this point in time, so it was a fast dash to get there. And with it being all four of us,
we all made our way into the handicap stall -- thankfully no one else had been in there to delay us or require DS and DD to stand outside one stall
while I accompanied X into another.

While that might have been the most stressful sequence of events, the most awkward (inappropriate, even) and funniest was what happened next, TMI
though it may be. Since X was only 4, he still didn't know how to keep his pants on while going #1, so everything's dropped. The rest of us, obviously,
are standing behind him, waiting. DS and DD are pointing at X's bottom and commenting "it's so cute!" in that squeaky "how adorable" voice you would
use for a puppy. I was trying so hard not to crack up, because I had the thoughts of "Guys, that's not appropriate for you to be doing" and "You're
right" at the same time. I don't recall if I wound up stopping them, but it was no more than a gentle "Guys, enough" if anything.

No comments on the rain?
Or did it not start until your way back from the restrooms?
And, BTW, we didn't get that message until we were off the ride and on the way back to the Mission: Space Base.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:55 AM   #443
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The rest of us, obviously,

I have a visual of all 4 of you crammed in the handicap stall as the stroller is tipping over backwards because of all the stuff hanging on it and you are trying your hardest not to laugh.

Tell Mike and Stacy they need to check for potential potty emergencies the next time they leave you on watch.

I'll be back later to see the Duffy pics!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 04-24-2012, 07:43 PM   #444
boxmaster
Disney Uncle

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecapells View Post
No comments on the rain?
Or did it not start until your way back from the restrooms?
And, BTW, we didn't get that message until we were off the ride and on the way back to the Mission: Space Base.
I think it had either just finished raining, or was light enough at the time to not be a problem. We were booking it fast enough as is, regardless. Last thing I needed was to have X go before we got where we were going. :-)
Old 04-24-2012, 10:53 PM   #445
Curoly06
Mouseketeer

I'm not too keen on Duffy's story since it feels like he just came from out of nowhere. But I have to say, he's really cute. Great pics!

*1985*1986*1987*1992*1994*1996*1998*2000*2005*2006*2007*POP 2008*POP 2009*ASMu Feb 2012**ASM Sept 2012*ASMu Sept 2013
Old 04-25-2012, 06:49 AM   #446
thecapells
Disney Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I have a visual of all 4 of you crammed in the handicap stall as the stroller is tipping over backwards because of all the stuff hanging on it and you are trying your hardest not to laugh.
It's good to have an Unca!

Quote:
I think it had either just finished raining, or was light enough at the time to not be a problem. We were booking it fast enough as is, regardless. Last thing I needed was to have X go before we got where we were going. :-)
True, but I felt worse for you when I thought you were running in the rain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curoly06 View Post
I'm not too keen on Duffy's story since it feels like he just came from out of nowhere. But I have to say, he's really cute. Great pics!
Duffy has actually been around a while.
Before the recent craze he originated back during a Teddy Bear Convention they had in Disney although his story was a bit different
(he was just called the Disney Bear back then).
He faded out in WDW but was real big in Tokyo.
So they tried to bring him back to the US with an updated backstory and a new name - Duffy.
Looks like this time he caught on.
My kids ADORE him...
Old 04-27-2012, 08:28 PM   #447
thecapells
Disney Dad

Follow That Duck!

After our encounter with the ball of fluff known as the Disney Bear, we headed back to the World Showcase.
There was still someone else we wanted to see.
Unfortunately, Mexico Donald was not out in his new Meet and Greet location due to the rain.
So we headed inside to explore Mexico.

As we came down the ramps into the Square, we noticed a couple of people waiting and quickly found out that Donald would be appearing here very shortly.
So we hopped on line.
While we waited, we continued our World Showcase Mission even if the hats here were a tad big for X…

And don’t forget Donald!

I was even able to talk Unca into a picture…

Finally Donald appeared raring to go!

X ran over and would not let go!

I actually think our pics may have adjusted for the lighting better than the Photopass pics.
What do you guys think?

After our fowl encounter, something got our Princess’ attention.
Duffy wardrobe!
She really liked the Mexican Duffy outfit – so much so, it became her souvenir for the trip.

With the shopping completed, we headed off to join our friends – the Three Caballeros!
Everyone sing!
“We’re three caballeros…”

Old 04-27-2012, 08:29 PM   #448
thecapells
Disney Dad

Gran Fiesta Tour

J manned the camera this trip down El Rio del Tempo.
I was enjoying singing along with the boys.
And he took some interesting details along the way.
Check them out…

Old 04-27-2012, 08:32 PM   #449
MEK
DIS Veteran

Back to see your Duffy pictures and I timed it just right for a new update! Your kids continue to win the photogenic award. Great pics!

I had no idea that Duffy has a hidden Mickey on his butt!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 04-27-2012, 10:17 PM   #450
thecapells
Disney Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Back to see your Duffy pictures and I timed it just right for a new update! Your kids continue to win the photogenic award. Great pics!

I had no idea that Duffy has a hidden Mickey on his butt!
Thanks for the kinds words about the pics.
We love the fact that Duffy has not only the Mickey pawprint but that little spot on his butt.
The Baby Duffy plush even has an old butt flap in his overalls so you can see it!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: