Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2011, 12:36 AM   #16
Sunstar
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by acf_1991 View Post
I love that you didn't let anyone tell you know about your wedding plans. The star wars characters were such a wonderful addition to your wedding plans and it would have been a shame if your wedding coordinator changed your mind. The beans on the grooms are adorable haha! Happy planning, can't wait to read more.
We had a whole geek extravaganza for our wedding. The overall theme was a show we both love called Firefly (<--wiki link). The hats and the parasols (not sure if they can been seen in the pic) are both from there. We were also both wearing the grape soda pins from Up, which we had unknowingly bought for each other for Valentine's Day and my DH was wearing his lightsaber on his belt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberdburke View Post
I loved your engagement and wedding pictures! It's so nice to see something different every once in a while, and I love your purple hair. I wish I had the guts to do that
Thanks! I was a little nervous to do the purple hair originally, but I had colored hair in college so I figured it wasn't much different now. Take the plunge and do it, but be sure to go to a salon. It's so much better than trying to do it yourself. Plus, if you really don't like it, you can always dye it back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by centipede View Post
Oh honey, I am totally snagging your idea for how to plan where to make ADR's!

Every time that we try to sit down together and make lists of places that we would like to eat, we end up drooling over menus and then walking from the computer to the kitchen in search of delicious snacks . Your way sounds much more productive!
My family has always done something similar. We would each go through the Unofficial Guide and put our initials next to restaurants we wanted to eat at. Then we would see what we all wanted to do and pick those, then ones two of us wanted and so on. Each of us would get one "must do" that everyone else had to go along with, but usually someone else had picked it too.

Katie and Kellan's Disneymoon PTR Mr. and Mrs. Potts Take a Honeymoon Holiday
Caribbean Beach April 1989 * Off Site WDW/US Aug 1994 * Port Orleans French Quarter/IOA Aug 1996 * Disneyland Paris April 1999 * Coronado Springs/IOA Aug 2000 * Coronado Springs Aug 2006 * Disneyland Resort Feb 2008 * Coronado Springs Aug 2011 - Our Disneymoon! * Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room!) - May 2014

Sunstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 12:39 AM   #17
Sunstar
Mouseketeer

Day 1 Plans

We’re flying out of Syracuse Airport at 7 am on Jetblue. My dad is spending the night before with us so he can pick up our cats and then drive us to the airport before taking the kitties to my parents’ house for the honeymoon. We’ll have to leave our house by 4:30 am in order to get to the airport by 5:30 am. (This is the recommended be at the airport time. I hate being rushed when I’m flying so we always arrive extra early.) This means getting up about 3:30 am so we can shower and grab something quick to eat. We’ll have packed the car the evening before so there won’t be much to do except the usual unplugging and double checking.

I booked us extra legroom seats as my DH is quite tall and very muscular (read: broad shoulders). These seats usually give him enough extra room that he doesn’t feel like a sardine in a can. If everything goes as planned (knock on wood), we should arrive at MCO at 9:49 am. We’ll collect our luggage and meet our town car driver for the ride to Universal Studios. We requested a grocery stop on the way to the hotel and plan to get water, breakfast stuff and some snacks. Hopefully, we’ll be checking into the Royal Pacific by 11:30 and be at the pool by noon or so.

The plan for this day is to spend it all at the pool.
I thought it would be a great way to start an action packed vacation by relaxing poolside. I did look into renting a cabana, but it was more money than I wanted to spend. We can use that $200 better elsewhere! We have a dinner reservation at Bice at 6:30 and then we’ll wander through the CityWalk before coming back to our hotel for the night.

Caribbean Beach April 1989 * Off Site WDW/US Aug 1994 * Port Orleans French Quarter/IOA Aug 1996 * Disneyland Paris April 1999 * Coronado Springs/IOA Aug 2000 * Coronado Springs Aug 2006 * Disneyland Resort Feb 2008 * Coronado Springs Aug 2011 - Our Disneymoon! * Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room!) - May 2014

Last edited by Sunstar; 08-02-2011 at 10:19 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2011, 10:34 AM   #18
Sunstar
Mouseketeer

Cake!

Just a quick update - I've been struggling to figure out some kind of surprise for Kellan and then I found the cake thread on the food board. I'm having Chef Brian at the CR recreate the top layer of our wedding cake for our first lunch at WDW! I'm so excited!

Last edited by Sunstar; 08-02-2011 at 10:20 AM.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:25 AM   #19
ZFamily5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunstar View Post
Just a quick update - I've been struggling to figure out some kind of surprise for Kellan and then I found the cake thread on the food board. I'm having Chef Brian at the CR recreate the top layer of our wedding cake for our first lunch at WDW! I'm so excited!
Yum! I've always wanted to order a Disney cake, but I've never really had an excuse to!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2750029

2013 Disneyland Paris PTR:
Pixie Dust in Paris!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post47067772

2013 Disneyland Paris TR:
"She Ate Human!"
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3135334
ZFamily5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 07:01 PM   #20
Sunstar
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZFamily5 View Post
Yum! I've always wanted to order a Disney cake, but I've never really had an excuse to!
Me too! Especially since I've been trolling the cake thread. I hope it turns out to be worth the money!

Old 07-28-2011, 07:14 PM   #21
Sunstar
Mouseketeer

Day 2 & 3 Plans

Day 2
One of the great perks of staying at one of the three on-site Universal hotels is that you get early access to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

IOA is scheduled to open at 9 this day, so we plan to be in line by 7:30 to get in at 8. This means breakfast in our room while we get dressed and then the water taxi over to IOA.
My plan is to do Ollivander’s first,
then come back to Forbidden Journey.

We also have FOTL so Dragon Challenge can wait until we’ve explored a bit first.

Universal and IOA are the one place that make Kellan nervous about getting on rides. He’s a big guy (6’2”, 330, 50” shoulders) and when FJ first opened, a lot of bigger people couldn’t ride it. And since there seems to be no pattern as to body shape for who can and who can’t, it’s a total crapshoot as to whether he’s going to fit or not. This also means we’re worried about Dragon Challenge, The Hulk, Rip Ride Rockit and The Mummy. All of which are cool rides he really wants to go on. We’ve been eating much healthier and taking nightly walks and he’s already lost 15 lbs since the start of summer. He’s hoping for a few more before we leave.

Once we’re done in Potterland, we’ll probably head over to The Lost Continent and Suessland. We have an 11:30 ARD at Mythos for lunch. After Mythos, we’ll head to Marvel Superhero Island and Toon Lagoon. I know we’ll want to do the water rides, but not want to hang out in wet clothes for too long. After Toon Lagoon, we plan to head back to the hotel for a rest and maybe some pool time.

Right now, the plan is to go back to IOA for the rest of the day, with a break for dinner at Margaritaville (Kellan’s a huge Jimmy Buffet fan). We might switch it up and go over to US for the afternoon instead. It’s something we’ll decide when we get there.

Day 3
Our US day! We plan to spend the day at US, have lunch at Bubba Gump and dinner somewhere in the park. We definitely want to ride Jaws,

Men in Black,

The Mummy

and Rip, Ride, Rockit.

If we went to US the evening before, we’ll head over to IOA to see Potterland in the evening. This will probably be an earlier night because I want to be all packed up and ready to go to Disney the next morning!

Old 07-31-2011, 10:01 AM   #22
ChiCat
DIS Veteran

I am a huge Joss Whedon fan so I love Firefly but I must admit Buffy is my first, true love. Congrats on your wedding! I absolutely loved the locket, very sweet.

CBR 9/2011
best trip so far 12/2013
ChiCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 06:02 PM   #23
Sunstar
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiCat View Post
I am a huge Joss Whedon fan so I love Firefly but I must admit Buffy is my first, true love. Congrats on your wedding! I absolutely loved the locket, very sweet.
For me it's Firefly, Angel, then Buffy. My husband is Firefly, Buffy, Angel. Lol.

Old 07-31-2011, 08:27 PM   #24
cam&phoebsmom
counting down the days until our next trip...

I LOVE all the personal touches in your wedding. Although my wedding was almost 17 years ago, my nephew and os adorable fiance are getting married next June so my interest in weddings has been renewed, LOL.

Love the parasols and the wedding cake toppers. My neice just graduated culinary school and is starting her cake career-I am going to send her a pic of your cake if you do not mind. It is a great example of elegant and personal!!

Come check it out!
Pilgrims On The Move-A Thanksgiving Pre-Trip Report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2764939
cam&phoebsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 11:30 AM   #25
Sunstar
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam&phoebsmom View Post
I LOVE all the personal touches in your wedding. Although my wedding was almost 17 years ago, my nephew and os adorable fiance are getting married next June so my interest in weddings has been renewed, LOL.

Love the parasols and the wedding cake toppers. My neice just graduated culinary school and is starting her cake career-I am going to send her a pic of your cake if you do not mind. It is a great example of elegant and personal!!
I love weddings. If it didn't mean dealing with crazy brides, I would so be a wedding coordinator. Lol. Go right ahead and send the pic. It was white cake inside with chocolate ganache and fresh strawberry filling. The outside was white butter cream (It was supposed to be light green! Grr...) with piped cherry blossom branches and purple gum paste cherry blossoms, in case she wants the details. Lol.

Old 08-02-2011, 10:12 AM   #26
Sunstar
Mouseketeer

14 days!

We are going on our honeymoon in only 14 DAYS!

Since we're only 14 days out, I'm just going to post my spreadsheet itinerary instead of going day by day. It's in three parts.
Days 1-5:

Days 6-9:

Days 10-13:

Old 08-02-2011, 10:59 AM   #27
ZFamily5
DIS Veteran

Everything looks great! I love the spreadsheets, but my parents would go crazy if I did that for our trip!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2750029

2013 Disneyland Paris PTR:
Pixie Dust in Paris!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post47067772

2013 Disneyland Paris TR:
"She Ate Human!"
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3135334
ZFamily5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 07:27 PM   #28
Sunstar
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZFamily5 View Post
Everything looks great! I love the spreadsheets, but my parents would go crazy if I did that for our trip!!
Lol. You should see the spreadsheet I created when were trying to figure out where we were going to have our wedding.

Old 08-07-2011, 02:16 PM   #29
centipede
All good girls gather.

Oh, that is awesome that you guys are doing Potter! I thought about trying to do a few nights too, but decided against it. We only live a couple of hours away so it isn't like we'll never be back. Plus we're thinking about doing Halloween Horror Nights for my birthday anyhow.

Love the spreadsheet idea! The fiance has been a peach during the planningg process and he even got an account here on theDIS. I wonder how he would react to a spreadsheet

Can't wait to see how everything turns out!

Me , Devon , Jack (9), Nigel (7), Archer (4), baby Reed

My 2012 Disneymoon PTR!
centipede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 02:25 PM   #30
Sunstar
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by centipede View Post
Oh, that is awesome that you guys are doing Potter! I thought about trying to do a few nights too, but decided against it. We only live a couple of hours away so it isn't like we'll never be back. Plus we're thinking about doing Halloween Horror Nights for my birthday anyhow.

Love the spreadsheet idea! The fiance has been a peach during the planningg process and he even got an account here on theDIS. I wonder how he would react to a spreadsheet

Can't wait to see how everything turns out!
MY DH would love to do HHN, but I'm certain I'm too big a chicken for it. I hate when there's the possibility of people touching me (even though I know they don't) in haunted houses.

The spreadsheet idea came from SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE, who was also my inspiration for doing this PTR. Lol. She's got spreadsheets for everything it's amazing. My DH keeps picking on me that planning for a Disney trip is worse than planning for the wedding was.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: