Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2011, 01:46 PM   #106
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlton Mom View Post
I am so cheating on that quiz!!!

~MM
With my DH and my oldest DS there is no need to cheat.
They are HP freaks or should I say Potterheads or Griffyndorks!!? lol

Although there were a couple that stumped even them.
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
ddluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 02:51 PM   #107
jmamom
Mouseketeer

Oops, sorry

October 2001 at the Wilderness Lodge
September 2009 at the Polynesian

Last edited by jmamom; 07-21-2011 at 03:16 PM.
jmamom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-21-2011, 03:10 PM   #108
natebenma
DIS Veteran

jmamom- sent you a PM. Nice job, but we have some self-proclaimed cheaters in our midst. If you see this message can you edit out your responses- I'll post the answers tomorrow.

Dee
natebenma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 04:00 PM   #109
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

So sad. I knew the answers to all but one of the questions. It would be okay if I were not old enough to sign up for AARP!

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
saintstickets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 04:11 PM   #110
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
So sad. I knew the answers to all but one of the questions. It would be okay if I were not old enough to sign up for AARP!
Which one?
Old 07-21-2011, 04:13 PM   #111
natebenma
DIS Veteran

BTW- I don't fault anyone for having trouble with the Bertie Botts and the Potions Lab questions- I know it is tough to answer these questions using just the photographs.

And also, just so you don't all think I'm a total meanie giving this test to 9 year olds... I did give them the first 4 books to use for reference (and for the house colors/symbols etc, they all had badges from when I sorted them.
Old 07-21-2011, 04:19 PM   #112
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Which one?
Quote:
BTW- I don't fault anyone for having trouble with the Bertie Botts and the Potions Lab questions- I know it is tough to answer these questions using just the photographs.
You got it....the Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans guesstimate.

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
saintstickets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 04:39 PM   #113
jenneth79
DIS Veteran

Quote:

And also, just so you don't all think I'm a total meanie giving this test to 9 year olds... I did give them the first 4 books to use for reference (and for the house colors/symbols etc, they all had badges from when I sorted them.
Oh boooo.... I liked the idea better if you didn't give them the books for reference! Although, with the kids in my life they probably wouldn't need them. Aunt Jen has been informed many times that even though she has read the books she is nothing better than a Muggle with her inability to recall specific details.... like 80% of this quiz.

I get my revenge with those evil little jelly bellys that taste like mud. I *might* have sorted out all the good flavors once....

....can you tell I'm not a mom?
jenneth79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 04:46 PM   #114
Queila
DIS Veteran

Totally lost here.

Never got into Harry Potter.

The quiz sounds like a lot of fun though.

Q
Queila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 04:58 PM   #115
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

OK, I have to say, the bit in your title about passing an OWL got me. So, I'm joining in a little bit late-but atleast I'm in time to hear about your visit to WWOHP! My sisters and I went last year and absolutely loved it. I also heard how the people who went to the midnight premiere got to go from 3-5. How awesome!

Now...off to try my hand at those O.W.L. questions! (can you get bonus points if you say what O.W.L. stands for? haha )
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
wdwgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 05:47 PM   #116
ARmom30
Mouseketeer

I am subscribing to your trip report. I don't want to miss the part about WWoHP! I loved your O.W.L. Quiz. Have you heard about the new Pottermore website? It will sort people in to houses based on JKR's specifications.
Eli
Tebow
ARmom30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 06:44 PM   #117
Marlton Mom
My favorite ride is the "ladies room"...... it's air conditioned and you get to sit down! *Marlton Mom is Rockin a Nikon D90!

Quote:
jmamom- sent you a PM. Nice job, but we have some self-proclaimed cheaters in our midst. If you see this message can you edit out your responses- I'll post the answers tomorrow.

Dee
Hey! I resemble that remark! I'll have you know I'm lurking under my invisibility underwear or clock or what ever it was and I'm waiting to filch the answers. You can't give the shanks to crooks like me!
Bwa ha ha ......

~_ _

See! I told you you couldn't 'see' me!
Marlton Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 06:46 PM   #118
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

OK, so I was all excited about O.W.L. and thought our two older boys could really do this. But it's normal if your oldest (a pre-teen) comes home from all-day theater rehearsal and says, "Yeah, Mom, I don't feel like doing that right now," and sits down to watch a recorded episode of Modern Family instead. Right, Dee?
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/BWI!)
pixarmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:04 PM   #119
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
OK, I have to say, the bit in your title about passing an OWL got me. So, I'm joining in a little bit late-but atleast I'm in time to hear about your visit to WWOHP! My sisters and I went last year and absolutely loved it. I also heard how the people who went to the midnight premiere got to go from 3-5. How awesome!

Now...off to try my hand at those O.W.L. questions! (can you get bonus points if you say what O.W.L. stands for? haha )
Sorry for the interruption, but LOVE the photo in your signature!! We were there, too! This is Aaron looking at our boys, saying "nice hats!" (They were wearing those big sorcerer Mickey hats, and we were in Adventureland at MK.)

Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/BWI!)
pixarmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:42 PM   #120
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenneth79 View Post
Oh boooo.... I liked the idea better if you didn't give them the books for reference! Although, with the kids in my life they probably wouldn't need them. Aunt Jen has been informed many times that even though she has read the books she is nothing better than a Muggle with her inability to recall specific details.... like 80% of this quiz.

I get my revenge with those evil little jelly bellys that taste like mud. I *might* have sorted out all the good flavors once....

....can you tell I'm not a mom?
Well, you can lead 9 year olds to a book, but you can't make them do research. I don't think anyone actually used the books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queila View Post
Totally lost here.

Never got into Harry Potter.

The quiz sounds like a lot of fun though.

Q
In a few years, when Beatriz is a little older, I'm sure the two of you will enjoy the books and/or movies together. The world that JK Rowling created is so creative and mesmerizing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post

HP coming up tomorrow (although I haven't written the section yet)

Yes, we were there (at Universal, not the theater) during movie premier. I'll write a little about that and the fan conference that was going on at the same time as our visit. Very jealous of the people who had free reign at WWoHP from 3-5 am, but we were there just 2 hours later!

Nope, no bonus points since I have the meaning of the initials on the quiz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARmom30 View Post
I am subscribing to your trip report. I don't want to miss the part about WWoHP! I loved your O.W.L. Quiz. Have you heard about the new Pottermore website? It will sort people in to houses based on JKR's specifications.
I have heard a little, but not much about Pottermore. If I can ever drag myself away from the DIS...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlton Mom View Post
Hey! I resemble that remark! I'll have you know I'm lurking under my invisibility underwear or clock or what ever it was and I'm waiting to filch the answers. You can't give the shanks to crooks like me!
Bwa ha ha ......

~_ _

See! I told you you couldn't 'see' me!
Who said that?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
OK, so I was all excited about O.W.L. and thought our two older boys could really do this. But it's normal if your oldest (a pre-teen) comes home from all-day theater rehearsal and says, "Yeah, Mom, I don't feel like doing that right now," and sits down to watch a recorded episode of Modern Family instead. Right, Dee?
I feel your pain!

BTW- we love Modern Family over here, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
Sorry for the interruption, but LOVE the photo in your signature!! We were there, too! This is Aaron looking at our boys, saying "nice hats!" (They were wearing those big sorcerer Mickey hats, and we were in Adventureland at MK.)

Great pictures and story!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: