Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 12:00 PM   #1066
natebenma
DIS Veteran

I hope these pictures helped to take everyone away from winter for a minute or two! I have two more updates on this report to go- the Marina Village, which is a quaint little shopping area and our Tour of Nassau. I want to finish this up in the next couple of weeks, before we go away for February vacation.

We are headed to the Barcelo resort in the Riviera Maya area of Mexico. It will be our third trip to this resort which is about an hour south of Cancun and 30 minutes north of Tulum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
It's 25F today with snow on the ground. Your pictures are literally making me drool.

Amanda
We had snow yesterday. Didn't amount to anything and we don't currently have any snow cover, but we may have a few flakes on Wednesday.

Snow is a four-letter word!

So is sand, but I like that one much better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Man, oh man, what I wouldn't give to be lazing on those beaches today! The pictures are amazing!
Me, too!!!

Although I would prefer to be somewhere a little further south. We visited Atlantis in Feb 2009, and it was on the cool side. Very similar weather to Florida.

Still wouldn't turn down the opportunity to be there, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I am so itching for a warm weather vacation right now and those pictures certainly didn't help my craving. Gorgeous. Can't think of a more beautiful spot to be in right now!
The promise of a tropical getaway really helps us to get through winter!

I just love everything about the beach! The sounds, the smells, beautiful blue-green water, sand, waves. There is no better mood enhancer than gazing at the ocean

natebenma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:46 PM   #1067
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Hi Dee,

We had a productive yet exhausting weekend! We looked all day on Sat. and we really didn't love any of them, except an overpriced 2 BR w/ a 2 car garage that we didn't need.
On Sun. it was a little more promising, we saw a couple that we would've made an offer on but then saw the one we wanted. It was the last one we saw and we made an offer within an hour. They counter-offered while we were enroute to MA so DH called the next morning. We gave another offer back and they accepted it. Phew!!!

We had a great weekend and I got my Disney fix as well. We ate at Il Mulino in the Swan Fri. night after getting off the plane, walked on the BW and had a drink at Jellyrolls.

Sat. night we celebrated the new job at Narcoossees and watched wishes while eating dessert It was fantastic!!!
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
ddluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2013, 06:53 PM   #1068
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
Hi Dee,

We had a productive yet exhausting weekend! We looked all day on Sat. and we really didn't love any of them, except an overpriced 2 BR w/ a 2 car garage that we didn't need.
On Sun. it was a little more promising, we saw a couple that we would've made an offer on but then saw the one we wanted. It was the last one we saw and we made an offer within an hour. They counter-offered while we were enroute to MA so DH called the next morning. We gave another offer back and they accepted it. Phew!!!

We had a great weekend and I got my Disney fix as well. We ate at Il Mulino in the Swan Fri. night after getting off the plane, walked on the BW and had a drink at Jellyrolls.

Sat. night we celebrated the new job at Narcoossees and watched wishes while eating dessert It was fantastic!!!
Thanks for keeping us updated on everything.

What a relief that you found a place!

Your Disney weekend sounds absolutely lovely!
Old 02-05-2013, 07:50 PM   #1069
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma

Thanks for keeping us updated on everything.

What a relief that you found a place!

Your Disney weekend sounds absolutely lovely!

Thanks!!!

We are excited. I am driving down with DH next Fri. so he doesn't have to drive down alone (he needs his car for work).

I'll stay for a couple of days and fly home alone
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 02-06-2013, 06:15 PM   #1071
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

I looked at your pics again today. I wish I were there right now especially with the storm we are supposed to get Friday.

Not looking forward to that at all!!

The local channel is saying a foot, and weather channel is saying 3-6. I wish they'd get it right. Don't they communicate w/ each other??? Lol
Old 02-07-2013, 06:37 AM   #1072
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I wish I was at one of those today!!!
Me, too!!! Or tomorrow. OK, anytime, really!

Quote:
Thanks!!!

We are excited. I am driving down with DH next Fri. so he doesn't have to drive down alone (he needs his car for work).

I'll stay for a couple of days and fly home alone
Next week, right? Not tomorrow?

Quote:
I looked at your pics again today. I wish I were there right now especially with the storm we are supposed to get Friday.

Not looking forward to that at all!!

The local channel is saying a foot, and weather channel is saying 3-6. I wish they'd get it right. Don't they communicate w/ each other??? Lol

Looks like we are going to be whacked with:

Two Feet of Snow

Old 02-07-2013, 09:06 AM   #1073
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma

Me, too!!! Or tomorrow. OK, anytime, really!

Next week, right? Not tomorrow?

Looks like we are going to be whacked with:

Two Feet of Snow

Yes next week the 15th.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 02-07-2013, 06:26 PM   #1074
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Any news on your possible summer trip???
Old 02-08-2013, 02:03 PM   #1075
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Any news on your possible summer trip???
Not yet. We have priced a few options, but so far everything is just slightly north of our comfort zone.

Old 02-08-2013, 02:22 PM   #1076
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Marina Village

In between the Comfort Suites and the start of the Atlantis buildings is Marina Village.

The Marina Village at Atlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas is an open-air marketplace with three main plazas that are designed to resemble a "quaint" Bahamian settlement. The 65,000 square foot development has five restaurants, 21 retail outlets and a collection of carts that showcase the artistry of The Bahamas.

One night each week, there is a free Junkanoo parade celebration featuring people dressed up in beautiful Carnivale costumes. I missed seeing this in 2009, but this year I was determined to see it. It couldnít be more convenient- just a few steps from our hotel.

So, how was the parade, you ask?

I donít know!!! I forgot about it. We were in our room at 9 PM and I started to hear bangs, like fireworks and realized what it was. Dang!

And apparently, I donít have many pictures of the lovely pastel shops, either. So for anyone who is interested, here is the link to the Marina Village site:

Marina Village

These are the pictures I do have:

Hereís Ben (in 2009) walking barefoot along the stone path in the street. We called it the foot massage.

And then, as you get closer to Atlantis, you see the gorgeous marina.

Here are some pictures from 2009:

And pictures of marina from this trip:

All week, the yacht Solemates was docked at the marina. We speculated about who the owner might be. I thought maybe the owner of a shoe company like of Reebok or Nike or Adidas.

But it turns out I was wrong. It is just a yacht for hire.

Solemates

Anyone want to chip in for a week or two?
Old 02-09-2013, 10:36 AM   #1077
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Just got all caught up over here

LOVE LOVE LOVE THOSE PICS
luvpoohandcompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:41 AM   #1078
MEK
DIS Veteran

Wow - I saw a Yacht like that in Hilton Head. It's amazing to see something like that up close.

Marina Village looks so pretty. So is this accessible to anyone? You know I am still trying to build up my itinerary for October!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:58 AM   #1079
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I don't know everything! Like I still haven't figured out how to remove the space in the email address I have posted for the CL IPO on the FAQ. And don't think for one minute that my "friends" over there let me forget it!

Quote:
[SIZE="3"]Marina Village

One night each week, there is a free Junkanoo parade celebration featuring people dressed up in beautiful Carnivale costumes. I missed seeing this in 2009, but this year I was determined to see it. It couldnít be more convenient- just a few steps from our hotel.

So, how was the parade, you ask?

I donít know!!! I forgot about it. We were in our room at 9 PM and I started to hear bangs, like fireworks and realized what it was. Dang!
I could see myself doing the same thing. So annoying to forget, but by 9 pm on some vacation days, it is just time to be too lazy to care.

Loved all your recent pictures. Paradise indeed! They were nice to look at on a snowy winter day.

And finally.... yes! I'm up for a share of the Solemate.

Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR Ė with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012
JanetMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:45 AM   #1080
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
I'm beginning to suspect that you know EVERYTHING!

Amanda
Quote:
Thanks for the comments. Made me smile. I don't know everything! And don't think for one minute that my "friends" over there let me forget it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetMom View Post

And it's not just my friends that won't let me forget it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvpoohandcompany View Post
Just got all caught up over here

LOVE LOVE LOVE THOSE PICS
Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Wow - I saw a Yacht like that in Hilton Head. It's amazing to see something like that up close.

Marina Village looks so pretty. So is this accessible to anyone? You know I am still trying to build up my itinerary for October!
Must be nice to have that kind of money!!! Never saw anyone on the ship. Maybe they were staying at the $25K a night room at Atlantis!

Yes, Marina Village was pretty. And it is accessible even if you are not staying at Atlantis. There are several restaurants (Johnny Rockets, Bimini Road- Caribbean, Carmines- Italian, a steakhouse and one other but I can't think of what it is right now)

The shopping is a bit more upscale (and pricey) from the places in downtown Nassau.

Have you ever tried snorkeling, Mary Ellen? Would your group consider doing that through an organized tour? I'm sure they have them through the ship, and Flying Cloud is one of the ones that goes out from the Paradise Island dock. There is Stuart Coves also- one of the stops they snorkel and dive with sharks- but it might take too much time if your port time is short.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetMom View Post

I could see myself doing the same thing. So annoying to forget, but by 9 pm on some vacation days, it is just time to be too lazy to care.

Loved all your recent pictures. Paradise indeed! They were nice to look at on a snowy winter day.

And finally.... yes! I'm up for a share of the Solemate.
OK! We just need to get, say a few hundred friends or so to help out on the rental fee.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: