Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2012, 04:42 AM   #1021
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quick checkin. Day 1 done. Magic kingdom swimand pool break then some of us closed down Epcot emh. Definitely a different type of trip for me. Today we have a class at Hollywood studios. Probably mk tonight. Our group is way too large. 14 kids. We do have 6 chaperones but it is impossible to move that many efficiently!
natebenma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 08:23 AM   #1022
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Gosh Dee I cant imagine trying to move 20 of you around in a group! Hopefully they will let you split into smaller groups today! Cant wait to hear more
luvpoohandcompany is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-06-2012, 09:17 PM   #1023
HockeyMomR
DIS Veteran

Oh Dee -try to enjoy. That is a lot of teenagers at once. Perhaps your reward should be a mom's only trip. I hear BC is a nice place to stay

* 01/01 - BC * 11/01 - BC * 04/03 - BC * 04/04 - YC * 03/05 AKL / BC * 05/06 - AKL/Poly * 07/07-WL/YC/GF *
*01/08 (mother/daughter trip)-POR*08/08-YC*4/09 (ladies trip)-Dolphin*07/10-BC*9/13-YC*4/14-WL*8/14 BC*
HockeyMomR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 04:38 AM   #1024
natebenma
DIS Veteran

I'll reply to the last two posts later today or tomorrow.

Waiting for the magical depress. Should be back home this evening around 4 or 5.

Different trip for me. Some highs and lows. But overall a good time.

Would I ever do this again?

Check back in 3 years!!!

:
Old 06-08-2012, 05:11 PM   #1025
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Wow that was one quick trip!!
Did you leave Mon.?
That was a big group but I'm sure you managed
Can't wait to hear all about it.
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
ddluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 05:49 PM   #1026
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

Wow! That trip went quickly!
Can't wait to hear the recap.

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
DrMomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:52 AM   #1027
natebenma
DIS Veteran

I'll get back to replies later, but I have been busy... starting my trip report:

145 Middle Schoolers: Wicked Awesome or Epic Fail???

Old 06-10-2012, 07:14 PM   #1028
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Replies, as promised.

I think I will put this little side report for Atlantis on hiatus for a bit while I recoup and recap the 8th Grade Class Trip to Disney.

You can read all about it by clicking on the link in my signature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queila View Post
Have a wonderful trip Dee.
Cannot wait to hear all about it.

Q
Thanks! It was definitely a different trip than the ones I am used to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
Love "walking" around Atlantis with you!

Hope you have a great trip with all the kids! Can't wait to hear all about it!
I'm glad you have enjoyed the Atlantis report. Hope I can keep you entertained with stories from our Disney trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
Wow I haven't been here in a while!
Love all the pics!!! Why can't teenage boys be more cooperative when you want pictures of them!!?? My DS15 (his b-day was yesterday) is the same way. And my DH says the same thing to him too

I can't believe the Disney trip is already here! Hope you are having a fabulous time!
Trip is here, and now done!

on the picture boycott issue. You will see, in my report, how this was the root of the lowest low of my trip last week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
I hope you (and all your teenagers) are having so much FUN!!!! Have a Mickey bar for me!

Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back.
I had 2 I loved that I could choose that as a dessert with my meal at the All Star Movies food court.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvpoohandcompany View Post
Gosh Dee I cant imagine trying to move 20 of you around in a group! Hopefully they will let you split into smaller groups today! Cant wait to hear more
The group was WAY too large, but fortunately they were really good kids. For the most part. We didn't split off nearly as much as we should have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMomR View Post
Oh Dee -try to enjoy. That is a lot of teenagers at once. Perhaps your reward should be a mom's only trip. I hear BC is a nice place to stay
I have heard of this mythical Beach Club utopia!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
Wow that was one quick trip!!
Did you leave Mon.?
That was a big group but I'm sure you managed
Can't wait to hear all about it.
Yes, we left Monday and got back Friday afternoon. Short trip, but long enuf!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
Wow! That trip went quickly!
Can't wait to hear the recap.

Amanda
Thanks. I'll crank out the updates as fast as I can!
Old 01-10-2013, 02:14 PM   #1029
ProudMommyof2
DIS Veteran

Wwdd?

OK, I need some WWDD (What Would Dee DO?) Advice!

We are taking a trip on the darkside. So far, we are doing 3 days UO/IOA and 1 day at Kennedy Space Ctr. That leaves 1 day for either Seaworld or Magic Kingdom. My kids are not big coaster fans and, I know it is not the same, but we at Mystic/NE Aquariums all the time. DS wants Seaworld and the rest of us lean towards MK. I am worried that 1 day at WDW might just be a tease.

SO my travel guru- WWDD?

1986 Disneyland, 1988 Disneyland, August 1991- WDW Offsite, May 1997- WDW Offsite, May 2007- Wilderness Lodge, May 2009- BCV & AKV, August 2011- Poly & AKV, April 2013- WBC- Universal & WDW, July 2013 Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, April 2014- Yacht Club, July 2014 Disney's HHI Resort

ProudMommyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:31 PM   #1030
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudMommyof2 View Post
OK, I need some WWDD (What Would Dee DO?) Advice!

We are taking a trip on the darkside. So far, we are doing 3 days UO/IOA and 1 day at Kennedy Space Ctr. That leaves 1 day for either Seaworld or Magic Kingdom. My kids are not big coaster fans and, I know it is not the same, but we at Mystic/NE Aquariums all the time. DS wants Seaworld and the rest of us lean towards MK. I am worried that 1 day at WDW might just be a tease.

SO my travel guru- WWDD?
Woah! I was surprised (and pleased) to see this report pulled up again! Of course, now that I finally finished my class trip report from June, I need to come back here to finish the Atlantis trip.

We did both on our darkside trip- 1 day at MK and 2 half days (essentially 1 day) at Sea World- the SW tickets were buy one day, get a second free.

I was going to say that the tickets for SW are probably cheaper, but I bet not significantly so. That's one factor. One day tickets at Disney s*ck! So expensive! But what I did when we decided we were going to go to MK is to start charging up my Disney Visa, and we used that to help pay for the MK admission.

It had been 7 years since we had taken the kids to Sea World, and now I don't know that we will be rushing back. My older son really loved the thrill coasters- Manta and Kraaken, but you said your kids are not into that. My younger son doesn't do the thrill rides, so we did a lot of shows. The older one didn't love that.

We all love sea critters, but I have to say, there is so much more to do at MK.

The day we spent there after surprising our boys was probably my favorite ever at Disney. I loved everything about it. Getting there early, pulling a gazillion FP (which doesn't work as well now ), lunch at Columbia Harbor House, more fun in the park, and then taking a break to ride the monorail and eat at Kona. Then back to the park.

I have the chapters of this trip report linked in the second post, so if you want you can take a peek at the SW and MK chapters.

Where are you staying for this trip?

Oh, and if you really want to know WWDD... For your aquarium and amazing water park fix, save your pennies and go to Atlantis!!!
Old 01-10-2013, 02:46 PM   #1031
ProudMommyof2
DIS Veteran

Hey Dee-
I read this TR when you wrote it and immediately thought of it when I started planning my trip, so I have reread it .

I think I am leaning toward MK, especially with the new Fantasyland. I just wanted to make sure my Disney obsessiveness wasn't making the decision instead of what is the better option for my family.

The ticket prices are not that different and I agree - s**k.

We are staying at Wyndham Bonnet Creek in a 2 bed/ 2 bath condo with kitchen for $475 for 5 nights. I may get 1 night at RPH (and probably only use it as a day room), if the price is right, to get the FOTL.

I have been to Atlantis as a work trip , but the rest of the family has not. It is something else!

Thanks for your input,
Pam

1986 Disneyland, 1988 Disneyland, August 1991- WDW Offsite, May 1997- WDW Offsite, May 2007- Wilderness Lodge, May 2009- BCV & AKV, August 2011- Poly & AKV, April 2013- WBC- Universal & WDW, July 2013 Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, April 2014- Yacht Club, July 2014 Disney's HHI Resort

ProudMommyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:44 PM   #1032
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Finally back to finish up the Atlantis report. It is a cold day out there today, so I thought I would distract myself by visiting some place warm and sunny!
Old 01-23-2013, 02:51 PM   #1033
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Paradise Lagoon

Relax on one of two sandy beaches and enjoy the warm Bahamian sunshine. The 7-acre Paradise Lagoon offers snorkeling, paddle boats and other water sports in a protected environment - great for the kids.

However, the prices to rent some of these toys- not so great for the wallet!

Mark and Nate tossing a football on the beach:

This bridge took you back to the main resort from the lagoon. The water was very clear, so you could look down and see rocks and fish and barracuda!

We also found a quiet, shady little spot to chill out:

Next up: Under the Sea!

Last edited by natebenma; 02-04-2013 at 08:03 AM.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:09 PM   #1034
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Wow! Atlantis looked great from the excursion that we took but it looks even better "in person". Gorgeous!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:17 PM   #1035
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Wow! Atlantis looked great from the excursion that we took but it looks even better "in person". Gorgeous!
Yes, Atlantis is an amazingly beautiful OVER THE TOP resort.

I know you didn't really see the "best" of Nassau on your tour.

In my next update, probably tomorrow, I'll post my snorkeling pictures.

And coming up is the van tour that we did through Paradise Island.

I need to catch up on everyone's TRs. The Beach Club/Yacht Club board has been keeping me REALLY busy!!! We have had probably 30-40 people join the board since the beginning of the year!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: