Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2011, 01:37 PM   #136
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

You're pictures inside the castle came out so much better than mine! I got a new camera for Christmas so I hope it takes as good of pics as yours did.
This TR is making me so excited about our trip and reminding me of stuff I need to get and do!
Looks like you had a great time. Did you post the answers to the O.W.L yet?
My oldest DS is not crazy for rollercoasters or extreme rides. He goes on RnR because he can't see what's going on LOL and he'll also go on EE but only once each trip, but my youngest DS is so psyched he is 54" this year. He can't wait to ride the Hulk and Dragon Challenge! He is fearless! His first time on EE he was only 6 and his hands were in the air on the high drop down while his big brother was screaming like a girl lol.
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
ddluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:18 PM   #137
Curiouser&curiouser!
DIS Veteran

Just found your trip report today! I am enjoying it.

I need the answers though! I didn't get every one, but I think I got enough to pass my O.W.L.S.!!
Curiouser&curiouser! is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2011, 03:12 PM   #138
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Just got back from the beach- me, my best friend, her sister and 8 boys from age 8 to 14. Plus we found one more 10 year old on the beach (friend of Ben's). Oh, boy!

Sorry I haven't posted the answers yet. I don't have an answer key so I need to type them up... But I did promise them today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilisis View Post
GREAT update & descriptions! I love your WWoHP photos! You're lucky you didn't have to use a locker there- it is a NIGHTMARE getting back & retrieving stuff from them after the ride.
Traveling light was one of the best things we did. I saw the "light" of traveling light on last year's Disney trip. I am a reformed pack mule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Yes, I do remember wondering what the Deathly Hallows were. When I got to the part where they first mentioned them, I was like OHHHHHHHH, I'm going to get an answer soon! haha

Love the WWOHP update! When we went last summer we didn't have the luxury of getting into the park early so we ended up waiting about 45 minutes for the Forbidden Journey. I was a little hesistant about riding but am SO glad I ended up trying it anyway. There really is nothing like it. Amazing!
45 minutes is not too bad for a wait last summer (except in the greenhouse part). My neighbor went a week after it opened and I think she spent a total of 4 hours in line, between getting into WWoHP and the Forbidden Journey ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feckless View Post
I'm loving your report, Dee! And I hope you don't mind my sending some of your party ideas to a friend with a HP obsessed daughter!
I appreciate your comments! Lots more to come.

Share away on the party tips. The only other things I can suggest are making wands out of pretzel rods with frosting, sprinkles, colored sugar, etc and making a miracle bubble solution in potions class using Dragon snot (glycerine), Unicorn pee (Dawn detergent) and water from Hogwarts Lagoon.

I specialize in Star Wars parties, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doccoc2002 View Post
Love the O.W.L.
I need to see Part 2 once I watch Part 1...I refused to watch it cause I didn't want to be left hanging at the end!
So we decided to watch all the movies again & are now at Order of the Phoenix it has just been too hot to sit in & watch them. Maybe this weekend then il take them to see it this week.

Can't wait to see how I did on the OWLs. I think I did pretty well but a few got me thinking. Hahahaha
Enjoy the movies! I think I have only seen HBP twice and DH, P1 once.

Hopefully posting the O.W.L. answers soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
When the Deathly Hallows came out, I remember thinking, "Wow. I'm really tired and I can't believe all these people are standing here at midnight in this crowded bookstore in the middle of a tiny vacation town." The boys were so excited - I didn't think were actually going to stay awake that long after swimming and boating all day. When I was well-rested enough to think about what the Deathly Hallows might mean, I had no idea! But now I can pass the boys' Deathly Hallows quizzes! (So too bad they wouldn't take the O.W.L. last night.)

Anyway, LOVE your title and the supplementary photos of Nate and Ben (do they read your TRs?) Great detailed photos of Hogwarts - looks amazing! As always, it's a great combination of storytelling, photos and helpful planning info. I won't ask too many questions yet, because I know you have more on the way.
Nate and I made it to about 11:30 pm at the book release party. Very late for us. A friend picked up our copy at midnight and I think I let her hang onto it for the day or two it took her to finish it.

Thanks so much for your comments. I'm glad you're enjoying the report!

I thought you would appreciate the title. Although I think you will appreciate it more and more (or maybe less and less) in a couple of years. Yikes!

The boys are not reading the reports. I would probably be in a bit of trouble if they did, but Mark is following along.

Ben did preview my review of Seuss Landing, though, and he liked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakkin' yeti View Post
Love the O.W.L. -- couldn't even begin to guess on the Beans, though. Your pictures are great.

I'm a Disney addict, but we love WWOHP, and the front of the line passes for resort guests at Universal are the best. We've stayed at Portofino (so pretty! and we loved Sal's) and Royal Pacific. The rooms are definitely smaller than at Portofino (especially the bathroom), if that's a concern. We had a great time at Royal Pacific -- cheaper, closer, and more laid-back. And the grounds are gorgeous.
I think I need to give the other two places test runs if we plan another trip to US/IoA. We discussed that future trips would probably be mostly Disney with a day or two on the dark side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
You're pictures inside the castle came out so much better than mine! I got a new camera for Christmas so I hope it takes as good of pics as yours did.
This TR is making me so excited about our trip and reminding me of stuff I need to get and do!
Looks like you had a great time. Did you post the answers to the O.W.L yet?
My oldest DS is not crazy for rollercoasters or extreme rides. He goes on RnR because he can't see what's going on LOL and he'll also go on EE but only once each trip, but my youngest DS is so psyched he is 54" this year. He can't wait to ride the Hulk and Dragon Challenge! He is fearless! His first time on EE he was only 6 and his hands were in the air on the high drop down while his big brother was screaming like a girl lol.
Thank you!!!

I love my Canon Powershot D10- takes really nice photos and the best thing is that the camera is waterproof and takes great pictures when I am snorkeling or at the beach or pool.

I didn't even cherry pick photos from later visits to castle! Those were all pictures taken that morning. But that is the one and only picture of the Mirror of Eresid that came out decent.

If you have learned nothing else so far, at least remember to bring a fanny pack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curiouser&curiouser! View Post
Just found your trip report today! I am enjoying it.

I need the answers though! I didn't get every one, but I think I got enough to pass my O.W.L.S.!!

So glad you are joining us!

Last edited by natebenma; 07-22-2011 at 03:20 PM.
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:22 PM   #139
jenneth79
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by doccoc2002 View Post
Love the O.W.L.
I need to see Part 2 once I watch Part 1...I refused to watch it cause I didn't want to be left hanging at the end!
So we decided to watch all the movies again & are now at Order of the Phoenix it has just been too hot to sit in & watch them. Maybe this weekend then il take them to see it this week.

Can't wait to see how I did on the OWLs. I think I did pretty well but a few got me thinking. Hahahaha
I'm glad I'm not the only one! We just bought Part 1 on BluRay and plan on watching it this weekend, hopefully catching 2 in the theater next week.

And Dee, of COURSE we're sticking around for the rest of the reports - your TRs are great fun!
jenneth79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 04:58 PM   #140
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

I did not get to go to the world premiere of the final Harry Potter movie. My brother went and sent me emails. He said the after-party was "sick." I think that meant totally crazy!
I'm dying to go to WWoHP. It pains me to wait but wait I will.

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
DrMomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 07:38 PM   #141
mkoerner
DIS Veteran

Love the pics of Harry Potter! I took two of my sons to the Harry Potter exhibition in Times Square today and it was very cool. Lots of authentic things from all of the movies. After Timmy and I looked at your pictures, we are even more excited to see WWOHP!! Thanks for the great report. Very helpful
1976-treehouse villa/july 1995-off property/dec 1998-dixie landings/2001-off property/feb 2003 FW/2005 POR/2006-ASMo/aug 2006-Swan/2008-POR/jan 2009 WL/aug 2009-cbr/aug 2010-CR/ Aug 2011- VWL,BLT/ Dec 2011- SSR/March 2012-POR/ Aug 2012- OKW/ March 2013-POR/ Aug 2013- Aulani/ Aug 2013-POFQ/ Aug 2014- FWCampground/ Dec 2014- SSR
mkoerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 08:15 PM   #142
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenneth79 View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one! We just bought Part 1 on BluRay and plan on watching it this weekend, hopefully catching 2 in the theater next week.

And Dee, of COURSE we're sticking around for the rest of the reports - your TRs are great fun!
Thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
I did not get to go to the world premiere of the final Harry Potter movie. My brother went and sent me emails. He said the after-party was "sick." I think that meant totally crazy!
I'm dying to go to WWoHP. It pains me to wait but wait I will.

Amanda
Did you see the movie yet, though? Tough watching it with commoners, eh?

It will be a lot more fun and meaningful when you can share it with the kids!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoerner View Post
Love the pics of Harry Potter! I took two of my sons to the Harry Potter exhibition in Times Square today and it was very cool. Lots of authentic things from all of the movies. After Timmy and I looked at your pictures, we are even more excited to see WWOHP!! Thanks for the great report. Very helpful
Nate and I saw the exhibit when it was at the Museum of Science in Boston. I have the souvenir photo book because they wouldn't let us take pictures!
Old 07-22-2011, 08:16 PM   #143
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Finally- O.W.L. answer key is up, post on page 7.

Sorry for the delay!
Old 07-22-2011, 09:18 PM   #144
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Well I only got about 45 pts. b/c I forgot Charlie, not Percy.
I only knew of Filch as a squib.
I knew I had the BB beans ques. wrong
As for the potions- I quessed wrong on pixie livers and rat spleen
I couldn't think of all the qualities of the houses.
It was fun to do with DS though Thanks!!! Not much he wants to do with mom ya know? But I know you feel my pain. I have to change his age to 14 on my sig. one of these days
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
ddluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 09:40 PM   #145
AprilRenee
DIS Veteran

DH and I got 75 (without doing the Bertie Bots or Potions questions)...I got lazy and didn't want to do those.

If you saw my post before...I retract my statement....I just checked my facts and I was wrong.

Pre Trip Report
Photobooks/TR linked below
May 2010 POP(Photobook); January 2011 ASMu (TR); January 2012 POP(Photobook)
AprilRenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:42 PM   #146
Marlton Mom
My favorite ride is the "ladies room"...... it's air conditioned and you get to sit down! *Marlton Mom is Rockin a Nikon D90!

Quote from NateBenMa "Why is Mr. Weasley’s flying Ford Angila here?"

Because it's his car!

~MM

Marlton Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 05:33 AM   #147
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
Well I only got about 45 pts. b/c I forgot Charlie, not Percy.
I only knew of Filch as a squib.
I knew I had the BB beans ques. wrong
As for the potions- I quessed wrong on pixie livers and rat spleen
I couldn't think of all the qualities of the houses.
It was fun to do with DS though Thanks!!! Not much he wants to do with mom ya know? But I know you feel my pain. I have to change his age to 14 on my sig. one of these days
Nice job!

I had to look up the house qualities yesterday to do my answer sheet.

I'm glad you were able to work on the owl with your son. I totally hear you on that one! Although one of the things Nate and I do together is pub trivia. My brother runs a trivia company and once and awhile we will go out and be part of a team.

I see you changed your signature!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilRenee View Post
DH and I got 75 (without doing the Bertie Bots or Potions questions)...I got lazy and didn't want to do those.

If you saw my post before...I retract my statement....I just checked my facts and I was wrong.
Excellent!

I didn't see your post, but now I'm curious...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlton Mom View Post
Quote from NateBenMa "Why is Mr. Weasley’s flying Ford Angila here?"

Because it's his car!

~MM

No, but why is it here, at the Dragon Challenge from the Triwizard Tournament, instead of the Forbidden Forest (Flight of the Hippogriff). I remember the car in Chamber of Secrets and Half Blood Prince, but not Goblet of Fire. Totally threw me off!
Old 07-23-2011, 07:21 AM   #148
mkoerner
DIS Veteran

Sorry, just one more question. So are we allowed to take cameras onto the Forbiden Journey ride and just not bags?
1976-treehouse villa/july 1995-off property/dec 1998-dixie landings/2001-off property/feb 2003 FW/2005 POR/2006-ASMo/aug 2006-Swan/2008-POR/jan 2009 WL/aug 2009-cbr/aug 2010-CR/ Aug 2011- VWL,BLT/ Dec 2011- SSR/March 2012-POR/ Aug 2012- OKW/ March 2013-POR/ Aug 2013- Aulani/ Aug 2013-POFQ/ Aug 2014- FWCampground/ Dec 2014- SSR
mkoerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 08:09 AM   #149
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoerner View Post
Sorry, just one more question. So are we allowed to take cameras onto the Forbiden Journey ride and just not bags?
You can't be holding onto a camera while one the ride. It needs to go into a pocket (preferably one that zips or snaps closed) or in a fanny pack.

So if your camera is too large to be stowed away, you need to put it into a locker.

My camera is a point and shoot, and went into the fanny pack after the castle part and before the ride.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:27 AM   #150
HockeyMomR
DIS Veteran

Dee - thanks for the WW insight & pics. Glad to hear this is truly as impressive as your pics appear. DS19 is our household true Harry Potter fan as he started reading the books in elementary school. Think this is something he would enjoy.

Also, love the "eye roll" pics, been there seen that....this too will pass.

Looking forward to the rest of your report!

HockeyMomR is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: