Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2011, 06:37 PM   #16
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

I just had the weather on too and saw about the hurricane! Our rain chances from Thurs-Sun just went from nothing to like 60% ugh! Why on the weekends?! I can't wait till your Sept trip!! I just hung out with 2 different Dis'ers this past weekend and we had a blast!
Old 08-22-2011, 10:14 AM   #17
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

We were in our "oblivious to the real world" bubble last week since we were in WDW, when a friend mentioned the potential hurricane! We had no idea! I hope it fizzles out!!!!

Love the Epcot birthday bash plans, sounds like you all will have a blast!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-28-2011, 07:13 PM   #18
Wonders10
DIS Veteran

Update 8/28

It looks we had no reason to worry about Irene...it never came to Florida, and where I am, all we had was a windy day with on and off rain. Honestly, I've seen worse during a summer thunderstorm. But, it did wreak havoc along the east coast...hope all of you in her path made it through without too much damage or inconvenience!

I'm here to add another update to what is probably the most boring TR on the DIS Honestly, I just don't have much to plan and I'm so busy at work, that I am just excited to have a trip to look forward too. And since its just going to be me, I can do whatever I feel like doing, when I want to. But do know that an actual trip report will happen after the trip at least! I did contemplate switching resorts to a cheaper one, but all the mods and values are sold out! Even for rack rate! Crazy! I thought this was supposed to be a not so crowded time of year

I had also mentioned that I plan on getting an annual pass which means a lot of trips (hopefully) and my plan of writing a yearly blog/informational trip report. Basically I will do what I want to do (as part of my vacation), but I will also take requests of places throughout Disney property for me to visit, take lots of pics and gather information about...as much as possible anyway. For example, say a new store opened on Main Street (totally making stuff up), and someone wants to see it, I will go take pictures and write a little review of it.

So if there is anything you all are curious about, feel free to let me know and I'll let you know if I will be able to try to make it happen! Or think about it and post here! I am also going to be posting a separate thread on the Theme Parks Board.

In personal news, I'm going to be restarting Weight Watchers this week. Planning on Saturday since that would be a convenient day for me to go to meetings. Wish me luch! I really need to lose weight, for a lot of reasons and I keep trying without much success. I know WW works, its just me mental state getting in the way. Anyway, wish me luck with that!

That's all for now...thanks for reading!
Wonders10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 08:50 PM   #19
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Haha, we didn't have any bad weather from the hurricane but the last 2 days we've had some wind so I guess it turned around for a day or something lol. What resort did you switch to?? I'm hoping it won't be crazy busy when my parents come in 32 days but it's the first weekend of Food and Wine plus the marathon so a lot of the resorts are filled that weekend and I'm sure they are for Columbus Day Wkd too (I'm not off and I don't think any of the FL schools are off??) YAY FOR THE AP!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-28-2011, 08:59 PM   #20
Wonders10
DIS Veteran

I wasn't able to switch to anything! I was hoping to downgrade to a value/mod but they are all booked! I'm just surprised because food and wine doesn't start until the following weekend and nothing else major is going on

Irene is nowhere near us anymore so it must just be some good 'ol summer storms for you guys!

Most if not all schools here are still open on Columbus Day. I have to work ALL holidays now, unless they are on the weekend or I take them off...definitely a con of the new job.
Old 09-11-2011, 02:25 PM   #21
dwheatl
DIS Veteran
Can you tell I'm a dyed-in-the lime-green-wool DL fan?

Hi Shannon. Love the title.
I talked DH into APs for DL, so we have a "quickie w/ Mickey" coming up in Nov. Figured out this morning that we are scheduled to lead a retreat the weekend that includes the Sunday we were planning to head down. DH said, "let's pack 2 suitcases, and head right down from the retreat to DL." It only took me 26 years to train this man to my way of Disneythink.
Looking forward to hearing about your trip.<light popcorn, of course.
WDW trips1985 Newlyweds offsite 1987 With MIL offsite 1993, 1997, 2002, 2006 WDW Dolphin 2012 - Art of Animation
dwheatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 11:39 PM   #22
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Good luck with the WW! I love their program.

Irene fizzled out pretty much by the time she got to NYC too. NJ didn't fare as well, but NYC was spared. Whew!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 12:11 AM   #23
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Checking in Shannon, looks like things are progressing nicely...Hoping EVERY thing works out as planned and you have a blast...it is almost time for your trip!
blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 07:39 PM   #24
Wonders10
DIS Veteran

An Actual Update...Really!

Hi everyone!

I actually have a trip update! But first, a recap of the past few weeks. Actually not much to recap, work (the new job I started in June) is going great! The toughest part is not having holidays off (unless it falls on the weekend of course), but Iím already getting used to it and I have plans already for how I can still be with my family on the big holidays (Thanksgiving and Christmas). I also wanted to update on WinstonÖyou all know I canít go too long without talking about my #1 doodlebug.

Here he is last week, after getting groomed.

And here he is modeling the Notre Dame jersey I bought him. Clearly its not bringing them any luck as they have lost their first two games by just a few points.

And thanks for the WW encouragement. I know I can do it and I have 100% faith in the program. Itís really my mental thinking that sabotages and messes everything up. But Iím happy to report I am down 2 lbs as of my first weigh in. Weigh in #2 will be this Saturday!

Now onto trip news! So as you all know my original plan was to leave early on Friday, but I really wanted to be able to wake up in Disney on Friday soÖ.I added an extra night and I will be coming up Thursday night, after work! The latest Iíve gotten out of work, on average, is 4:00, and I can group some of my patients which shortens the amount of time Iím at work so I should be out by 2ish, Iím guessing. Iím still going back and forth with getting an annual pass. Part of me worries I wonít get my moneys worth, but I sort of like having an excuse to bring me up to Orlando. If I donít get an annual pass, Iíll probably go with the FL Res 4-day play pass. Here is my tentative itinerary so far!

Thursday
Leave work as early as possible, probably not until early afternoon
Check in, then change and head off to Epcot for dinner, shopping and a few rides
Sleep!

Friday
MK! Iím really excited Iím going to get a chance to go there this trip.
Pool time at the best pool on property Ė stormalong bay
Meet up with my Orlando friend Ė apps and drinks at Bahama Breeze, then off to a work function his co-workers are having at Howl at the Moon (a dueling piano bar Ė for those that donít know)

Saturday
Epcot! My Orlando friend has discussed park hopping before Epcot, but honestly, Iíd rather just leisurely explore Epcot, especially since we are just a short walk away! Once World Showcase opens, we will be drinking our way around the world! And my friend also wants to do a Kim Possible mission Ė hey, weíre all kids in Disney right? Hoping to cap off the night with Illluminations!

While we are typically very responsible (hey, Iím 31) when drinking, we still like to have fun, so we are deciding on drinking games to do in each country. So far we have that when we spot someone wearing Crocs, the other person has to take a drink (no offense to all the croc people Ė I get they are comfy, but its still funny to me how many people wear them at Disney!) Another one is to make the other person drink when we see a family fighting/having a meltdown. Things like thatÖanyone have any other suggestions?

Thank you all again for reading!
Old 09-14-2011, 07:39 AM   #25
Wonders10
DIS Veteran

More Changes!

Well, I made another change. What I failed to mention last night was my new room was a water/pool view because they didn't have my original garden view room for the extra night. I splurged but kept feeling guilty about it. It was way more than I planned to spend. So I checked online this morning, saw something I could handle, and called Disney at 7:30!

I'm now staying garden view at the Yacht Club. So still that close proximity to Epcot, Stormalong Bay. And a chance for me to try a resort I've never been to before, as a sleeping guest anyway.

Anyone know I'd their rooms have been refurbished like the BC?
Old 09-14-2011, 07:47 AM   #26
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

LOVE seeing Winston opening the report, I can't wait to show the girls! No answers about the resort, I have never had the pleasure to stay on property...I think you SHOULD get the AP, if you can.
GLAD to read the job is gong so well, what a BLESSING!
Now I HAVE to leave, it is a BUSY DAY for us! Hope yours is wonderful!
blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:55 PM   #27
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Yay for the update YC has been updated. If you look at my FB pics of Aug 2010 when my brother moves to FL to become a CM, we stayed at YC (cl but the rooms are the same) and they are refurbished with the nice bedding, flat tv, etc. Let me know if you want the link!
Old 09-17-2011, 04:01 PM   #28
Wonders10
DIS Veteran

Addendum

Hi everyone! Happy Saturday!

Today is my only day off for the weekend since I'm working tomorrow so I can have Friday off! Hopefully the next few days of work go smoothly and we don't get too many new admissions. Those darn screens and evals take up a lot of time and I don't want to be busy and working late this week, at least not on Thursday!

Anyway, my friend and I were talking about this Saturday and in addition to our drinking games, i.e. spot the crocs, etc. We have also created a scavenger hunt of sorts for each other. And we will be hitting all 4 parks in one day to do it. Should be a hilarious adventure and I'm so stinkin' excited. To give you an idea of what we are doing, some of the dares I've written for him:

Dress up in Princess gear (crown, sash, wand) in the MK and take a picture.

Do the Can-Can in France.

Roar at a dinosaur.

Pet a goat.

Say the Pledge of Allegiance in the USA.

Just silly things. And if we can't or don't do it...we drink! Responsibly of course
Old 09-21-2011, 02:45 PM   #29
Wonders10
DIS Veteran

One More Sleep!

Hi everyone!

Tomorrow is the big day! I have been so excited that I actually am pretty much packed, except for toiletry items that I still need. I was really hoping that I'd be able to leave at a reasonable time on Thursday from work. I even made my schedule 2 days early and it had me finishing up with my last patient at 12:30.....but then our rehab director shared that we are doing our rehab awareness "open house" from 1-2 (basically fun things for the staff, like wheelchair races and drinking honey thick liquids through straws). But that means I'll be at work almost 2 hours later than I thought. Oh well. Leaving at 2 is still better than leaving at 3, 4, or 5 and who knows, maybe I'll still be able to get out a little earlier.

My friend, A, is just as excited as I am. We have been talking almost every night about our trip.

My itinerary has changed a bit compared to my earlier posts. I'm almost convinced I'm going to be getting an annual pass only because the 4 day FL Res ticket with park hopper is almost $180. And if I go for 2 more visits in the next year, that has paid for my annual pass so it almost seems silly not to get one since I know in the next 12 months I will take a few more short trips and will hopefully get my money's worth. Here is my itinerary as of right now:

Thursday
Leave work ASAP . Assuming I leave at 2, I'm going to get a coffee and then hit the road so I should be at the hotel by 5 at the latest, assuming I hit some traffic up there. After checking in and getting my park ticket, I'm going to head over to Epcot for some dinner!

Friday
Sleep in! Grab some breakfast or maybe even get room service (I've NEVER gotten room service at Disney). Then head down to Stormalong Bay and get in lots of pool time. A is coming over around 3:30/4:00 and we'll be out late that night so I want to have a light, relaxing day. That evening, A and I are going for drinks and apps at Bahama Breeze ("our place") and then to Howl at the Moon.

Saturday
A plans on meeting up with me at 11 at my hotel. And that is when the real adventure begins. We will be attempting to visit all 4 parks in one day, completing tasks/dares along the way. Our order is MK, AK, DS, Epcot. Our grand finale is Epcot and we plan on staying until closing. Since we will be drinking and definitely not going to drive, A will be staying over at the YC that night. It should be interesting if we get to every park, but I'm sure we will have fun trying!

Sunday
I have to get back at a reasonable hour to pick up Winston plus I need to be out of the hotel by 11 so nothing is planned, unless A mentions getting breakfast or something before I leave.

So that is it! Send good travel vibes and I'll "see" you all when I get back!
Old 09-27-2011, 06:31 PM   #30
Wonders10
DIS Veteran

I'm back...Thursday!

Hi everyone!

I am back from my semi-solo Disney weekend!

And it was a little anti-climactic. Unfortunately. This is why I hate getting excited about things.

Iím going to be honest right up front. I will not be doing a trip report on this trip for a few reasons. One, I think I took about 2 pictures the entire weekend. Two, there was not nearly enough exciting fun things to even make remotely interesting enough for a trip report. Plans fell apart. I barely got any Disney time. Ugh.

For those that have been reading or lurking my pre-TR, I will be giving a brief trip report down below so you all know how it all went down. I appreciate all of you reading and lurking and didnít want to leave you completely in the dark, without any closure.

Thursday
Of course the day had to start off great with a ton of new patients that I had to screen, but it did all work out and I was out of work by 2pm. I made amazing time getting up to Orlando, even with getting caught in a little rain. My friend, A, had asked if I wanted to do dinner Thursday night when I got into town. I didnít have the heart to say ďno, I want to walk around Epcot and eat thereĒ so I said sure. I drove straight to Carabbaís off of 535 (for that that know the area) and we had an early, yummy dinner. Then he set off for home while I drove to the yacht club to check in! It was pouring by this point so I opted for valet because I didnít want to walk in the pouring rain, especially with my luggage. Check in was a breeze and I was in my room in no time. Okay, about 15 minutes later since that is about how long it took me to walk the Looooonnnngggg hallways to get to my room at the very end of one of the long hallways. It was on the corner and had 2 small windows plus the balcony, which overlooked the YC quiet pool. VERY nice room, very similar to the BC but more navy blues, brown and red in color scheme. I unpacked, trekked back downstairs to get something to drink and a little snack, then trekked back upstairs, showered and watched greyís anatomy in bed. I was so exhausted I didnít even make it to the end of the show. But I called my mom the next day to fill me in.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: