Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2011, 10:19 AM   #811
horseshowmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurby View Post
Casks has been order to appear in front of a judge within 72 hours to be given 1 years probation that she was told she served in jail for fraud but the report specifically stated to was to start AFtER being released from jail not while she was waiting for her other trial
This should be interesting. It says that her attorney can request that she serve the probation in another county or state. However, she couldn't roam around from state to state. Under the circumstances, I'm not too sure that Florida would be willing to release her to a different location. They know how mad people are (which is probably one of the reasons that this is being enforced instead of just letting it fade away).

Also, it says she has 72 hours to appear. Since they have no idea where she is, she can't be served with any papers. Obviously, they can send papers to Baez's office, but is that the same thing as serving her. I'm assuming they can't just announce it on television and expect her to show up.
horseshowmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 10:54 AM   #812
Conservative Hippie
You seem somewhat familiar. Have I threatened you before?
My DH is a nuclear physicist...can you say weirdo???

If she doesn't show up can she be arrested for violating probation?? Boy, wouldn't that be justice.
Me ~*~DH ~*~DD (6) ~*~DS (3) ~*~#3 (due 3/8/14)
4 WDW vacations from 2003-2006~*~450 days spent at WDW since 2007~*~2 DCL Cruises since 2011

Conservative Hippie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-01-2011, 11:11 AM   #813
Kurby
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. ~Walt Disney

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

2011 Order To Appear
|
Judge's 2010 Order
An assistant in Judge Stan Strickland's office said the judge signed an amended court order on Monday.
WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer said he believes the defense will appeal the document and argue that Strickland has no jurisdiction because his legal deadline has passed.
Sheaffer also said that the decision will likely be made by the Fifth District Court of Appeals in Daytona Beach.
Casey left prison last month after a jury acquitted her of murdering her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee Marie Anthony. She was convicted of lying to detectives, but was released from jail because of time served. She then disappeared from public view.
Judge Strickland sentenced Casey in January 2010 to a year of probation for the fraudulent checks.
The State Department of Corrections interpreted Strickland's sentence so that Casey could serve the probation while she was in jail awaiting her murder trial, but Judge Strickland said he intended the probation to be served after her release.
Kurby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 11:31 AM   #814
Wadecool
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Casks has been order to appear in front of a judge within 72 hours to be given 1 years probation that she was told she served in jail for fraud but the report specifically stated to was to start AFtER being released from jail not while she was waiting for her other trial
Just when Baez and Co finally found a good hiding place for Casey, she has to come back to Orlando and appear in court. Then they will have to whisk her off again and hope to avoid detection again.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:51 AM   #815
LisaR

Quote:
2011 Order To Appear
|
Judge's 2010 Order
An assistant in Judge Stan Strickland's office said the judge signed an amended court order on Monday.
WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer said he believes the defense will appeal the document and argue that Strickland has no jurisdiction because his legal deadline has passed.
Sheaffer also said that the decision will likely be made by the Fifth District Court of Appeals in Daytona Beach.
Casey left prison last month after a jury acquitted her of murdering her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee Marie Anthony. She was convicted of lying to detectives, but was released from jail because of time served. She then disappeared from public view.
Judge Strickland sentenced Casey in January 2010 to a year of probation for the fraudulent checks.
The State Department of Corrections interpreted Strickland's sentence so that Casey could serve the probation while she was in jail awaiting her murder trial, but Judge Strickland said he intended the probation to be served after her release.
I'm okay with the defense appealing because it is just more leg work and time that they are dedicating to this case. I guarantee you they are keeping track of every penny they spend and will make sure they get a large chunk of any money Casey might come into as a result of this case. The more money they take, the less she gets. I say, "appeal away."
LisaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 11:58 AM   #816
momrek06
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OPShell Smuggler!
BEE FRAGMENTS??? I do NOT eat bees!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadecool View Post
Just when Baez and Co finally found a good hiding place for Casey, she has to come back to Orlando and appear in court. Then they will have to whisk her off again and hope to avoid detection again.
Will they be able to "whisk her off" again if she is on probation … ? Wouldn't she have to stay in the state?

KAR

momrek06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:11 PM   #817
Wadecool
DIS Veteran

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaR View Post
I'm okay with the defense appealing because it is just more leg work and time that they are dedicating to this case. I guarantee you they are keeping track of every penny they spend and will make sure they get a large chunk of any money Casey might come into as a result of this case. The more money they take, the less she gets. I say, "appeal away."
Good point.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:30 PM   #818
Bella the Ball 360
Keyboarding is not my thing excuse typos.
I am going to have to sew "whoopie pie" pockets on the hips of my jeans

Will be in Orlando next week. I wonder if there will be any Casey sightings? I would love to know where she is so i can run the other way.
Old 08-01-2011, 02:25 PM   #819
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella the Ball 360 View Post
Will be in Orlando next week. I wonder if there will be any Casey sightings? I would love to know where she is so i can run the other way.
Just look for the crowd.
Old 08-01-2011, 02:36 PM   #820
sbtrfly74
DIS Veteran

CA & GA swimming with dolphins at Atlantis. Hmmm wonder how much they got for selling these shots??? Wonder if any DCL cruisers had the same swimming with the dolphin tour and what a shock that would have been lol.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/08/01/casey-...pictures-july/
sbtrfly74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 03:42 PM   #821
Bella the Ball 360
Keyboarding is not my thing excuse typos.
I am going to have to sew "whoopie pie" pockets on the hips of my jeans

Casy is getting therapy.....I think her doctor is Dr. Nick Rivera (simpsons if you do not know who it is).
Old 08-01-2011, 06:50 PM   #822
epcotprincess
Love all of WDW, but Epcot is my happy place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbtrfly74 View Post
CA & GA swimming with dolphins at Atlantis. Hmmm wonder how much they got for selling these shots??? Wonder if any DCL cruisers had the same swimming with the dolphin tour and what a shock that would have been lol.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/08/01/casey-...pictures-july/
Ah ha, proof I did see them (well, him) there! My skeptical friend will now believe me after all.

I wonder when that was, I'm thinking it was Saturday the 23rd. We were supposed to go to Dolphin Cay that day.... SO GLAD we didn't do it! I would have not enjoyed any of it if they were in the same area.

Now I'm wondering what lengths JB and the crew will go to to keep KC safe in the future.

Me & DH DD4 and DS2
epcotprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 07:04 PM   #823
Aisling
Where your mind goes, your behind follows
I wear as little as decently possible, so I'd end up being the town hoochie if I lived in Walnut Grove

Quote:
Casy is getting therapy.....I think her doctor is Dr. Nick Rivera (simpsons if you do not know who it is).
Aisling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 07:09 PM   #824
sbtrfly74
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by epcotprincess View Post
Ah ha, proof I did see them (well, him) there! My skeptical friend will now believe me after all.

I wonder when that was, I'm thinking it was Saturday the 23rd. We were supposed to go to Dolphin Cay that day.... SO GLAD we didn't do it! I would have not enjoyed any of it if they were in the same area.

Now I'm wondering what lengths JB and the crew will go to to keep KC safe in the future.
Think on TMZ website it says the pictures were taken on the 21st, I didnt realize it had already been that long ago that they were there. Time flies when there is no trial going on lol.
sbtrfly74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 07:16 PM   #825
Mosoh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Heard today that Larry Flint of Hustler fame is offering her 500K for a spread(in the magazine I mean) and a % of the profits which i heard would be substantial. He said he could have hair and make up make her look beautiful.
HE said at first he was not going to do this but then he got so many requests that he felt why not make some money. Now HE is a someone who truly is "morally bankrupt." She could make millions but jeeze how creepy is that millions of pervs looking at your photo and.....you can well imagine.

Then she can stand in front of the mirror and say "mirror mirror on the wall...." well you all know the rest.
10% I recall reading. Flynt also said he would donate a portion of his profits to abused children shelters or abused children.

Lets see know.... if she poses (ick) it will be with the understanding Flynt believes she abused her child and his donations smack of that? It's a no brainer for him, no matter what the outcome he will benefit from it. It's not like anyone can claim this offer is what makes him a sleeze ball.

Kurby - congrats!!!
Mosoh is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: