Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 04:09 PM   #2461
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

There were so many things filed, my memory fails me...

Justice For Travis
usnuzuloose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:29 PM   #2462
LisaR

Ugh! I'm really ticked at you guys for bumping this thread back up.

First it got me to thinking about Casey. I can't help but wonder if these lawyers are still working for her for free?

That made me wonder if a time would come where her story wouldn't be worth anything. I'm sure her value drops each day but if she popped up in 5 years from now willing to tell her side of the story, would she make big bucks?

That then made me wonder how Jose's book did. Did it sell well?

In Googling that, I came upon these statements:

According to Rene Lynch of the Los Angeles Times, Baez is considered one of the most sought after criminal defense attorneys in the country. The National Trial Lawyers website named him one of the "Top 100 Lawyers" in Florida.

"Baez is one of the best lawyers in America."
—Fox News Latino

"Jose Baez is the most sought-after criminal defense attorney in the country."
—Los Angeles Times

"Baez’s courtroom strategy is stunning!"
—ABC News

"Jose Baez is really the new Johnnie Cochran…. If you're in trouble, you want the best go-to person in the criminal-justice system. Right now, that person is Jose Baez."
—Sunny Hostin, In Session

His strategy was stunning? Best defense lawyer in the country?? Really? Am I the only one that perceives him as a bumbling idiot who got VERY LUCKY? If I was in trouble with the law, it wouldn't even dawn on me to call in Baez. Honestly, if I only had two choices, I shudder to think this, but I'd take Cheney Mason over Baez.

Yep, thanks for bumping this thread!
LisaR is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 04:47 PM   #2463
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Well, at least we won't let you forget who not to hire!

Justice For Travis
Old 10-10-2012, 04:53 PM   #2464
joviroxx
rectally reporters television produce

How did I miss this thread? Ugh, now Im thinking about Casey all over again. I had pretty much eradicated the name Baez from my brain!!!
joviroxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:26 PM   #2465
MaryAnnDVC
"Mare", DISing since '99; prefers being tagless

OK, I tried quoting LisaR and joviroxx and it won't work. ?? I think this thread is haunted. Or it's my punishment for bumping it.

I "like" HLN on FB, so every so often I see something about CA, or they mention her on InSession, if I happen to have it on. So of course I want to share!

LisaR, I agree with you completely. I'm totally baffled how anyone can think Baez is in any way a good lawyer, and not see that it was LUCK. Did they not WATCH him in action? See what a bumbling creep he was? See how he threw George under the bus with NO EVIDENCE? (Or maybe that's what makes him a "great" lawyer, the way Hitler was a "great" leader.) How can anyone listen to that ditzy juror, Jennifer Ford (unfortunately, I will never forget her name...ugh; altho, she was in nursing school in FL and if I'm ever in FL and need medical care, I'm going to be checking name tags) and think that that jury truly deliberated and used logic and common sense to come up with that verdict is beyond me.

I think that the people who are going to hire Baez are people who see one very narrow side of the CA case...that she was guilty as hell, that he was scummy as hell and is willing to do everything and anything to get a client off. I can't imagine wanting to be associated with him! I was shocked that a family of a Colorado movie shooting victim hired him to sue the movie theater; first, I think it's ridiculous to blame the movie theater, but honestly, do they really want to be known for hiring that ambulance chasing skank?
Old 10-10-2012, 06:32 PM   #2466
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

He could never really figure out how to get CA to make him the money after it was over. He finally had to give up...

Justice For Travis
Old 10-10-2012, 06:33 PM   #2467
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by joviroxx View Post
How did I miss this thread? Ugh, now Im thinking about Casey all over again. I had pretty much eradicated the name Baez from my brain!!!
Oh, admit it you missed everyone!

Justice For Travis
Old 10-10-2012, 06:38 PM   #2468
MaryAnnDVC
"Mare", DISing since '99; prefers being tagless

I'll admit I miss everyone!
Old 10-10-2012, 06:53 PM   #2469
Nancy
I get all twitterpatted when he does that!
I eat hot dogs from both ends
Oh Mom, that's so tacky..we live in an upscale area
SHH, don't tell anyone but I'm on the computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by usnuzuloose View Post
Is that the best they could get her? That would be more than a slap in the face.
I missed this thread.

Heck, I'd pay a couple hundred to punch her a few times LOL.
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:57 PM   #2470
Nancy
I get all twitterpatted when he does that!
I eat hot dogs from both ends
Oh Mom, that's so tacky..we live in an upscale area
SHH, don't tell anyone but I'm on the computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAnnDVC View Post
OK, I tried quoting LisaR and joviroxx and it won't work. ?? I think this thread is haunted. Or it's my punishment for bumping it.

I "like" HLN on FB, so every so often I see something about CA, or they mention her on InSession, if I happen to have it on. So of course I want to share!

LisaR, I agree with you completely. I'm totally baffled how anyone can think Baez is in any way a good lawyer, and not see that it was LUCK. Did they not WATCH him in action? See what a bumbling creep he was? See how he threw George under the bus with NO EVIDENCE? (Or maybe that's what makes him a "great" lawyer, the way Hitler was a "great" leader.) How can anyone listen to that ditzy juror, Jennifer Ford (unfortunately, I will never forget her name...ugh; altho, she was in nursing school in FL and if I'm ever in FL and need medical care, I'm going to be checking name tags) and think that that jury truly deliberated and used logic and common sense to come up with that verdict is beyond me.

I think that the people who are going to hire Baez are people who see one very narrow side of the CA case...that she was guilty as hell, that he was scummy as hell and is willing to do everything and anything to get a client off. I can't imagine wanting to be associated with him! I was shocked that a family of a Colorado movie shooting victim hired him to sue the movie theater; first, I think it's ridiculous to blame the movie theater, but honestly, do they really want to be known for hiring that ambulance chasing skank?
won't let me quote them either.

I was getting a laugh over those remarks on Bozo....stunning courtroom strategy???? Puh Leeze, the only thing stunning was that 12 people were stupid enough to fall for it.
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:01 PM   #2471
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

What a way for us to get us boiling for a few huh? I miss everyone! That may have been a televised fight. I could see you Nancy pay for ring side seats!!

Justice For Travis
Old 10-10-2012, 09:48 PM   #2472
LisaR

Quote:
Originally Posted by usnuzuloose View Post
Well, at least we won't let you forget who not to hire!

Quote:

Quote:
I'll admit I miss everyone!
LisaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:53 PM   #2473
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

See we are still fun....

Justice For Travis
Old 10-11-2012, 09:03 AM   #2474
joviroxx