Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2012, 09:58 PM   #2386
pigletgirl
You do have a life. It is just in cyber world
If its chocolate I'll eat it!

what a psychopath..
Old 06-13-2012, 08:16 AM   #2387
MaryAnnDVC
"Mare", DISing since '99; prefers being tagless

I haven't watched it yet...I have to be in the right mood. You know, I have to do some relaxation techniques or something to settle my blood pressure before I watch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaR View Post
I see lying is something Casey hasn't given up:

Anthony told Morgan she didn't trust law enforcement, and that the public image of her is still wildly inaccurate.

"I've never been a party girl. I don't drink now. I've probably had a handful of beers since I've been on probation," she said.

Never a party girl? Ever? Really?
She is something else. With the evidence of her being a party girl...and quite a party girl she was...she's got the balls to say she was "NEVER" a party girl??? And you know, if she was on trial for JUST being a party girl, that jury would have found her not guilty of THAT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gm View Post
isn't a "handful of beers" still a drink?
Not in Caseyland.
Register to remove

Old 06-13-2012, 01:48 PM   #2388
MaryAnnDVC

Forget 'Hunger Games': Casey wants a new trial

By Graham Winch
updated 12:46 PM EDT, Wed June 13, 2012
  • Casey Anthony was found not guilty of murdering her daughter, Caylee
  • However, she was convicted of four counts of lying to police officers
  • On Wednesday, her attorneys filed a brief outlining why she deserves a new trial for her convictions

There’s a Casey Anthony issue that may be getting lost in all the discussion about what she's reading this summer. As you probably heard, she told CNN’s Piers Morgan that she's reading "The Hunger Games" -- and everybody's talking about it.

But there's some other news you might want to know: Anthony now wants to avoid all criminal liability for her role in her daughter’s death.

Casey Anthony was found not guilty of murdering her daughter Caylee Anthony. The only thing she was convicted of was lying to police, and now she wants a new trial to have that decision reversed.

Wednesday, her attorney filed a brief that outlines why she thinks she deserves a new trial on those four convictions of providing false information to a law enforcement officer.

READ FOR YOURSELF: Anthony’s appellate brief

Anthony’s attorney, Lisabeth Fryer, claims Circuit Court Judge Belvin Perry violated Anthony's constitutional right to a fair trial with three improper rulings:

1. Denying the defense’s requests to suppress Anthony’s statements to police when she believed she was under arrest and she had not been read her Miranda rights
2. Denying the defense’s request to vacate the sentences on double jeopardy grounds; and
3. Providing a faulty jury instruction

Fryer also raises a double jeopardy issue in her brief, because all of the instances of lying stem from one interview.

“Anthony provided all the statements to the officer during the same interview and never had time to pause, reflect and form a new criminal intent between occurrences,” the brief states.

That basically means, if Casey Anthony were to be found guilty of lying to police, it should only be on one count, not four.

The Florida Attorney General’s Office handles criminal case appeals and will file a response. But that's no guarantee that we'll see this case in court.

The appeals court must agree to hear the case before it can move forward, so at this point there's no hearing date set.

If she gets those convictions overturned, I'll scream.

And when this issue came up in court, about those lying convictions being 4 separate ones rather than one, I thought Judge Perry responded extremely well...because of those 4 separate and distinct lies, there were 4 separate and distinct actions taken on the part of the police/searchers (don't remember the exact ruling). But no, since it was one long interview, she never had time to pause, reflect and form a new criminal intent between occurrences. So, in effect, since it was one long HUGE continuous lie, which roll off her lips so effortlessly, she shouldn't be suffering so much by having 4 convictions dogging her for the rest of her life, poor dear. Puh-leaze.

And wait a minute...but doesn't the defense think this jury was BRILLIANT, recognizing that CA was NOT GUILTY of murdering her daughter? That they "got it right"? But, somehow, on these relatively minor charges...the ones with obvious proof (audio tapes)...that now they somehow got it wrong?

And why would the defense attorneys, and CA, want to put her out there more, in front of the world who despises her, when so many believe she got off for killing her daughter, to try to get 4 relatively trivial convictions overturned? Is that really going to make her life better, getting them overturned AND getting a new trial?? Is she going to testify THIS TIME? Isn't this going to hold her back from taking off ASAP (after any other trials...Gonzales, Equusearch, whatever's going on...I lost track) so she can start her life over in France or something, with her Irish babies?

Still haven't watched Piers Morgan. Maybe later.
Old 06-13-2012, 06:34 PM   #2389
Nancy
I get all twitterpatted when he does that!
I eat hot dogs from both ends
Oh Mom, that's so tacky..we live in an upscale area
SHH, don't tell anyone but I'm on the computer

here's a link to the CA/Piers Morgan thing.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-...ughter-2012136

Of course it she says it, then it must be true
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:36 PM   #2390
Nancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAnnDVC View Post
I haven't watched it yet...I have to be in the right mood. You know, I have to do some relaxation techniques or something to settle my blood pressure before I watch. She is something else. With the evidence of her being a party girl...and quite a party girl she was...she's got the balls to say she was "NEVER" a party girl??? And you know, if she was on trial for JUST being a party girl, that jury would have found her not guilty of THAT.

Not in Caseyland.
Really??? Not a party girl? So those pictures of her being a party girl weren't really her?

Not in Caseyland....
Old 06-14-2012, 09:55 AM   #2391
MaryAnnDVC

On HLN's FB:

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/06...nys-pity-party

'All I hear from Casey is a pity party!'

By Jane Velez-Mitchell
updated 3:57 PM EDT, Wed June 13, 2012

NEED TO KNOW
  • Casey Anthony recently spoke to CNN's Piers Morgan about life after her infamous trial
  • Jane Velez-Mitchell: 'What we are hearing from Casey is a lot of self-pity'

Boo-hoo-hoo Casey Anthony.

Casey is holed up in some home somewhere having a big pity-party. Poor Casey. She is bemoaning the fact that she is in another prison. Only instead of an actual jail cell this time she is in a house. Well, Casey, if this is indeed another prison, nobody put you there but yourself. There is no one else to blame for your current situation.

What we are hearing from Casey is a lot of self-pity. But what I am concerned with is not so much what Casey Anthony is saying, but why she is saying it now. Why after being silent for so long, is Casey Anthony suddenly speaking out? I think there are two reasons why Casey may speak now.

The first is that she is testing the waters to see what the interest is in an exclusive interview. She spoke over the phone and was not recorded. It is the perfect way to tease an interview without giving it away for free. Casey Anthony’s probation is up at the end of the summer. The easiest way for her to make money is either with a book or a big exclusive television interview. She could be putting this out there to see what kind of interest -- and money -- an exclusive interview could get her.

The second reason Casey may be speaking now is vanity.

A recent report on Radar Online says she gained a lot of weight and is almost unrecognizable. Before you scoff at the idea that this report brought her out of hiding, notice that she and her team made a point of saying that is not true. That she is not overweight. Look at the records. What has seemed important to Casey all along? She was well aware of the fact that she was described as a hottie. We showed photos of her partying in short shorts and decked out to hit the bars and the nightlife. She seemed to relish the glamour and loved the world’s attention.

It is fascinating that shortly after this report comes out that we suddenly hear from Casey. The only thing we needed to do to get her out of hiding was talk about her look.

Back to her comments to Piers Morgan. Casey had an occasional moment of clarity saying she was stupid. Great! I’m glad you are finally seeing yourself as others see you. But it doesn’t erase the facts of the case. You said you did not kill your daughter. Please, Casey, tell us what did happen to your daughter. Because no one believes your story about her drowning.

You owe it to your dad, who you squarely placed blame on, to tell the truth. You owe it to your mom, who you put through hell, to tell the truth. You owe it to your whole family to tell us what really happened that day.

As to your current effort to clear your name of lying to police… how dare you! The majority of people think you got away with something terrible and now you insult our intelligence by denying you lied to police.

You lied about working at Universal Studios. You lied about talking to Caylee on July 15, 2008. She was already dead. Admit it, you lied. It is obscene that you are once again trying to rewrite history.

The most disturbing part of the latest chapter is that you have not ruled out having more children. You blew it as a parent with Caylee. You need to learn how to parent yourself. You need to get yourself together first. Don’t bring another child into the world until you face yourself and your disturbing reality. That should take at least a few decades.

The problem I have with calling for Casey to come clean and tell what really happened to Caylee is that she can talk all she wants, but she will never tell THE TRUTH. NEVER. She wouldn't tell the truth on her deathbed.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:07 AM   #2392
MaryAnnDVC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
here's a link to the CA/Piers Morgan thing.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-...ughter-2012136

Of course it she says it, then it must be true
Here's the article...thanks for posting the link!

Casey Anthony: "Obviously, I Didn't Kill My Daughter" (Mare here: OBVIOUSLY????

Celebrity News June 13, 2012 AT 8:30AM By Justin Ravitz

Casey Anthony has a few things to say.

On Tuesday, the 26-year-old Florida woman infamously acquitted last year in the 2008 death of her 2-year-old daughter Caylee broke her silence during a 10-minute phone interview with Piers Morgan on CNN. (The conversation itself was not played on air; Morgan relayed the conversation to viewers during a conversation with Anthony's lawyer Cheney Mason.)

Acknowledging the elephant in the room, Anthony apparently told Morgan: "Obviously, I did not kill my daughter. If anything, there's nothing in this world l've ever been more proud of, and there's no one I loved more than my daughter. She's my greatest accomplishment."

Anthony -- one of the most vilified accused killers in recent memory -- admitted that she came off less than sympathetic to the world during the investigation and subsequent trial.

"I've looked back at some of the interviews [I] did and the way I've come across," she told Morgan. "It's horrible. It looks absolutely horrible. And I'm ashamed in many ways of the person that I was because even then that wasn't who I am."

But she also dispelled common assumptions that she stands to profit from her notoriety and her daughter's still-unsolved death.

"I'm not making gazillions of dollars at the hands of other people, or trying to sell myself to anyone willing to throw a couple of dollars at me," she insisted.

But, her lawyer Mason pointed out. "When the time comes she will have her story to tell."

Yeah, I bet she'll have a story to tell...that's all she's done, is tell "stories". 12 jurors proved she can BS her way out of a murder conviction, and she still thinks she can BS her way through life. Um...I think not.
Old 06-15-2012, 05:48 AM   #2393
joviroxx
rectally reporters television produce

Thanks for posting that MaryAnn. Amazing how she can still make my blood boil. Caseyland is an interesting place. We should all have one of our own.
joviroxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:12 AM   #2394
Nancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by joviroxx View Post
Thanks for posting that MaryAnn. Amazing how she can still make my blood boil. Caseyland is an interesting place. We should all have one of our own.
Isn't that amazing? Every time I read something about her, the trial, or the jury I just get all over again. I still can't get over the stupidity of the jury.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:36 AM   #2395
MaryAnnDVC

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
Isn't that amazing? Every time I read something about her, the trial, or the jury I just get all over again. I still can't get over the stupidity of the jury.
Ditto! That's why we need this support group.

I have a couple of other articles to post, but yesterday was a crazy day and today I have some catching up to do, so I'll try to post them later.

I just saw on FB "Some of you have asked how long Sandusky would be locked up if he were convicted on all 52 counts...and the answer....529 years." Does that mean that jury has to reach a verdict on each count individually? Could you imagine the CA jury doing that? I don't know specifically what each of those 52 counts are, but I would imagine that even though Sandusky is pretty darn guilty and one sick SOB, that there may be individual counts that aren't proven beyond a reasonable doubt. But, somehow (hhmmm...) I can't see the CA jury taking the time to sort them out. It will be interesting to see how long this jury takes and how many of those counts will be guilty. I wonder though with the connections that some of those jurors have with Penn State and some of the witnesses if they'll be hung on some of the counts too.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:06 AM   #2396
LisaR

Quote:
Ditto! That's why we need this support group.

I have a couple of other articles to post, but yesterday was a crazy day and today I have some catching up to do, so I'll try to post them later.

I just saw on FB "Some of you have asked how long Sandusky would be locked up if he were convicted on all 52 counts...and the answer....529 years." Does that mean that jury has to reach a verdict on each count individually? Could you imagine the CA jury doing that? I don't know specifically what each of those 52 counts are, but I would imagine that even though Sandusky is pretty darn guilty and one sick SOB, that there may be individual counts that aren't proven beyond a reasonable doubt. But, somehow (hhmmm...) I can't see the CA jury taking the time to sort them out. It will be interesting to see how long this jury takes and how many of those counts will be guilty. I wonder though with the connections that some of those jurors have with Penn State and some of the witnesses if they'll be hung on some of the counts too.
I can definitely see that happening if the CA jury had the Sandusky case. They would find that one count that he truly wasn't guilty of or that there was reasonable doubt for and declare the other 51 counts as not guilty, as well. God forbid they take any time and look at the evidence.

Unless the Sandusky jurors are being paid off or dumber than a box of rocks, I can't imagine they won't find him guilty on the vast majority of charges.
LisaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:44 AM   #2397
MaryAnnDVC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaR View Post
I can definitely see that happening if the CA jury had the Sandusky case. They would find that one count that he truly wasn't guilty of or that there was reasonable doubt for and declare the other 51 counts as not guilty, as well. God forbid they take any time and look at the evidence.

Unless the Sandusky jurors are being paid off or dumber than a box of rocks, I can't imagine they won't find him guilty on the vast majority of charges.
And they did! It was funny how many times before the verdict came in that commentators said "No way can they acquit him...but then, CA was acquitted." People don't trust the jury system anymore.

Here's from Jeff Ashton's FB page, if anyone wants to participate...

Jeff's dog Tommy...........Now that we have your attention, we need your help! Please go to the attached link and fill out the poll….You MUST vote in at least 5 categories, and only once from your computer. Here's where you can help Jeff:

Best Local Author: Jeff Ashton
Best Local Politician: Jeff Ashton
Best Reason to Leave Orlando: Casey Anthony
http://orlandoweekly.com/boo/poll

For all of you out-of-towners, here are some suggestions:
FOOD & DRINK:
Best Breakfast/brunch: Linda's Winter Park Diner
Best Cupcake: Orange Cream Dream
Best Burger: Graffiti Junction
Best Coffeehouse: Austin's
ARTS & CULTURE:
Best Radio Station: 104.1 FM
Best Museum: Menello Museum
MUSIC & NIGHTLIFE:
Best Pub/Tap Room: Will's Pub
Best Wine Bar: Aroma
LOCAL COLOR:
Best Local Writer: Susan Clary
Best Local Website: www.support-small-biz.com
Best place to take visitors from out of town: Park Avenue
Best reason to live in Orlando: Weather
GOODS & SERVICES:
Best Doggy Daycare: Ranger's
Best Locally-owned Pet Supplies Store: Pookies
SPORTS & REC:
Best Yoga Studio: College Park Yoga
Please share…thanks for your help. (Barb) (Deadline June 27th!)

And while I'm here, The Today Show blindsided me with the sight of Jose Baez before my coffee. Here's an article about what he's got to say lately:

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...full-deck?lite

In book, Baez says cops should have realized Casey Anthony wasn't 'playing with a full deck'

By Msnbc.com staff and wire

ORLANDO, Fla. - The Florida mother who was acquitted last year of murdering her 2-year-old daughter had mental health issues that contributed to her habitual lying, the lead attorney in her criminal case says in a new book.

In "Presumed Guilty, Casey Anthony: The Inside Story," Jose Baez said detectives should have realized Casey Anthony had built a "fantasy world," and her lies weren't evidence of guilt but signs of someone with "serious mental health issues."

The 421-page book is scheduled for release July 3. The Associated Press purchased a copy Tuesday.

Anthony is serving probation for an unrelated charge at an undisclosed location in Florida. She couldn't be reached for comment.

Describing how Anthony led detectives on a wild goose chase, even taking them to Universal Studios where she falsely claimed she had a job, Baez writes, detectives "should have stopped and realized, 'Wait a minute, we're not dealing with someone who is playing with a full deck.'"

Anthony originally told detectives that her daughter, Caylee, was taken by a babysitter in June 2008, and that she didn't report her missing for more than a month because she was searching for the toddler on her own. During Anthony's trial last year, Baez argued that the little girl accidentally drowned in the family swimming pool while Anthony and her father, George, were at home. Anthony panicked from the traumatic effects of being sexually abused by her father and George Anthony hid the body, according to the defense argument.

George Anthony denied the defense's allegations that he abused Casey and helped her cover up Caylee's death.

BenBella Books, who published Baez's book, calls the book an "all-access pass" to the trial, from the day Baez met Anthony for the first time to the weeks the defense spent in the judge's chambers.

"This is NOT a 'Casey Anthony is innocent' book," BenBella said in a press release. "It is a book about the facts, beyond the headlines and off the record."

The book is also partly autobiographical, tracking Baez's journey as a former high school dropout to a lawyer.

During the trial, prosecutors had contended that Anthony suffocated Caylee with duct tape because she wanted to be free to hit the nightclubs and spend time with her boyfriend. Jurors acquitted Anthony of first-degree murder but convicted her of four misdemeanor counts of lying to investigators.

Baez repeats the allegations of sexual abuse in greater detail in the book, saying it contributed to Anthony's mental health issues. Mark Lippman, an attorney for George Anthony, refused to comment on the book Tuesday because he hadn't read it.

Why Casey Anthony didn't testify

Anthony's defense contemplated having her testify until the very end of the trial but then decided it wasn't necessary. "We had everything to lose and very little to gain," Baez writes.

Baez takes aim at the reporters who covered the case, detectives who investigated it, "groupies" who attached themselves to it and the case's original judge who Baez says filed a complaint against him with the Florida Bar. The complaint was later dropped. Prosecutor Jeff Ashton undergoes the harshest criticism by Baez, who calls him "a coward" for not showing up at Anthony's sentencing for the misdemeanors since he was making the talk shows round after the trial.

Baez is critical of many of Circuit Judge Belvin Perry's rulings during the trial but praises the judge for allowing him to pick a fair jury.

Baez doesn't say where Anthony currently is hiding but he provides a glimpse of the first few hours after she was released from jail last July, time mostly devoted to eluding the media. After escorting Anthony out of the Orange County Jail and into a waiting SUV, Baez rode with Anthony to a parking garage where five cars driven by members of the legal team were waiting. Baez and Anthony got into one car which departed the garage at the same time as the other four. Each car drove in a different direction so reporters following Baez and Anthony wouldn't know which one they were in or where they were heading.

Baez said Anthony's first meal out of jail was a cheeseburger, fries and milkshake from Steak 'n Shake. Baez and Anthony then drove to a municipal airport where a private plane took them to the Florida Panhandle resort community of St. George Island. There, members of their legal team and their families met up with them. Anthony then went to New York until she had to return to Florida to serve her probation sentence.

The three-year case took an emotional toll on Baez, according to his book. He suffered depression after the complaint was filed against him and he found it difficult to find joy in his wife's pregnancy.

Baez also criticizes the way he was portrayed in the media as an inexperienced attorney taking on one of the highest-profile criminal cases in recent memory.

"The public may have been convinced that I was an idiot but I let it all roll off my back," he writes.

In an interview last month about the book, Baez explained why he thought the case attracted so much attention.

"It's probably because Casey is the girl next door," Baez told The Palm Beach Post on May 25.

Baez co-wrote the book with Peter Golenbock, an author who holds a law degree. Golenbock has written seven New York Times bestsellers, according to the publisher, BenBella.

Requests for comment from BenBella were not immediately returned to msnbc.com.

A source told RadarOnline last week that Anthony also hopes to write a book by publishing excerpts from the journal she's kept since Caylee disappeared. Shortly after her trial ended last July, book publishers started expressing interest in her story.

"This is a story with biblical overtones — a mother and a daughter and a murder. What untold thing happened here?" Robert Gottlieb, president of the Trident Group of book agents, told USATODAY.com last July, adding Trident would be interested in publishing a manuscript from her.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:54 AM   #2398
joviroxx
rectally reporters television produce

Quote:

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...full-deck?lite

In book, Baez says cops should have realized Casey Anthony wasn't 'playing with a full deck'

By Msnbc.com staff and wire

ORLANDO, Fla. - The Florida mother who was acquitted last year of murdering her 2-year-old daughter had mental health issues that contributed to her habitual lying, the lead attorney in her criminal case says in a new book.

In "Presumed Guilty, Casey Anthony: The Inside Story," Jose Baez said detectives should have realized Casey Anthony had built a "fantasy world," and her lies weren't evidence of guilt but signs of someone with "serious mental health issues."

The 421-page book is scheduled for release July 3. The Associated Press purchased a copy Tuesday.

Anthony is serving probation for an unrelated charge at an undisclosed location in Florida. She couldn't be reached for comment.

Describing how Anthony led detectives on a wild goose chase, even taking them to Universal Studios where she falsely claimed she had a job, Baez writes, detectives "should have stopped and realized, 'Wait a minute, we're not dealing with someone who is playing with a full deck.'"

Anthony originally told detectives that her daughter, Caylee, was taken by a babysitter in June 2008, and that she didn't report her missing for more than a month because she was searching for the toddler on her own. During Anthony's trial last year, Baez argued that the little girl accidentally drowned in the family swimming pool while Anthony and her father, George, were at home. Anthony panicked from the traumatic effects of being sexually abused by her father and George Anthony hid the body, according to the defense argument.

George Anthony denied the defense's allegations that he abused Casey and helped her cover up Caylee's death.

BenBella Books, who published Baez's book, calls the book an "all-access pass" to the trial, from the day Baez met Anthony for the first time to the weeks the defense spent in the judge's chambers.

"This is NOT a 'Casey Anthony is innocent' book," BenBella said in a press release. "It is a book about the facts, beyond the headlines and off the record."

The book is also partly autobiographical, tracking Baez's journey as a former high school dropout to a lawyer.

During the trial, prosecutors had contended that Anthony suffocated Caylee with duct tape because she wanted to be free to hit the nightclubs and spend time with her boyfriend. Jurors acquitted Anthony of first-degree murder but convicted her of four misdemeanor counts of lying to investigators.

Baez repeats the allegations of sexual abuse in greater detail in the book, saying it contributed to Anthony's mental health issues. Mark Lippman, an attorney for George Anthony, refused to comment on the book Tuesday because he hadn't read it.

Why Casey Anthony didn't testify

Anthony's defense contemplated having her testify until the very end of the trial but then decided it wasn't necessary. "We had everything to lose and very little to gain," Baez writes.

Baez takes aim at the reporters who covered the case, detectives who investigated it, "groupies" who attached themselves to it and the case's original judge who Baez says filed a complaint against him with the Florida Bar. The complaint was later dropped. Prosecutor Jeff Ashton undergoes the harshest criticism by Baez, who calls him "a coward" for not showing up at Anthony's sentencing for the misdemeanors since he was making the talk shows round after the trial.

Baez is critical of many of Circuit Judge Belvin Perry's rulings during the trial but praises the judge for allowing him to pick a fair jury.

Baez doesn't say where Anthony currently is hiding but he provides a glimpse of the first few hours after she was released from jail last July, time mostly devoted to eluding the media. After escorting Anthony out of the Orange County Jail and into a waiting SUV, Baez rode with Anthony to a parking garage where five cars driven by members of the legal team were waiting. Baez and Anthony got into one car which departed the garage at the same time as the other four. Each car drove in a different direction so reporters following Baez and Anthony wouldn't know which one they were in or where they were heading.

Baez said Anthony's first meal out of jail was a cheeseburger, fries and milkshake from Steak 'n Shake. Baez and Anthony then drove to a municipal airport where a private plane took them to the Florida Panhandle resort community of St. George Island. There, members of their legal team and their families met up with them. Anthony then went to New York until she had to return to Florida to serve her probation sentence.

The three-year case took an emotional toll on Baez, according to his book. He suffered depression after the complaint was filed against him and he found it difficult to find joy in his wife's pregnancy.

Baez also criticizes the way he was portrayed in the media as an inexperienced attorney taking on one of the highest-profile criminal cases in recent memory.

"The public may have been convinced that I was an idiot but I let it all roll off my back," he writes.

In an interview last month about the book, Baez explained why he thought the case attracted so much attention.

"It's probably because Casey is the girl next door," Baez told The Palm Beach Post on May 25.

Baez co-wrote the book with Peter Golenbock, an author who holds a law degree. Golenbock has written seven New York Times bestsellers, according to the publisher, BenBella.

Requests for comment from BenBella were not immediately returned to msnbc.com.

A source told RadarOnline last week that Anthony also hopes to write a book by publishing excerpts from the journal she's kept since Caylee disappeared. Shortly after her trial ended last July, book publishers started expressing interest in her story.

"This is a story with biblical overtones — a mother and a daughter and a murder. What untold thing happened here?" Robert Gottlieb, president of the Trident Group of book agents, told USATODAY.com last July, adding Trident would be interested in publishing a manuscript from her.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Why oh why must we still be exposed to this idiot. But listen Mr Bozo, you know your client is a liar. Stop trying to tell me she's a liar BUT you need to believe when... Im so over this blowhard... And really? calling JA a coward? Ugh... go away!
joviroxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:17 PM   #2399
MaryAnnDVC

Quote:
Why oh why must we still be exposed to this idiot. But listen Mr Bozo, you know your client is a liar. Stop trying to tell me she's a liar BUT you need to believe when... Im so over this blowhard... And really? calling JA a coward? Ugh... go away!
Because of course JB wouldn't take EVERY advantage of being interviewed himself.

Here's the thing about the lying...she is SO "mentally ill" that she could lie to that extent, yet we're supposed to believe that she was truthfully a WONDERFUL mother...that none of her "good mothering" IN FRONT OF PEOPLE was a lie and an act. And you're right...we're supposed to accept that lying, but believe George molested her, she didn't kill Caylee, and on and on and on.

And Baez is SO good, but everyone else isn't...the police, the prosecutors, the media, the public, and on and on. He's so skanky.

And he says that she spent the time after release from jail until she had to come back to FL for probation in New York. There were photographs of her taken in Ohio, weren't there? And didn't JB later confirm they were her?
Old 06-27-2012, 12:45 PM   #2400
LisaR

Quote:

I liked this part. Instead of writing something like, "The public may have been convinced I was an idiot but I'm not. I worked hard, stayed in control, and I won." Noooooooo! He says the public may think he is an idiot and he doesn't bother trying to defend himself or deny it. I guess that is exactly the way an idiot would respond.
LisaR is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: