Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2012, 09:51 PM   #2371
Seahunt
DIS Veteran

Kurby I remember when we were all praying for Nicole, and now, OH what a beautiful baby she is and lovely family you have.

I wanted to post this sad story that has a Casey A. twist. I was just listening to this heart breaking news story on local news (Orlando) about a plane crash in FL that killed a family of six from Kansas - they have found five bodies, but one of the children is missing and they are still searching the area (they think he fell out when the plane split apart)

http://www.cfnews13.com/content/news..._crash_re.html

Terrible story and so sad. The eerie Casey part was this:

"Polk Co. Sheriff Judd confirmed the plane that crashed Thursday has been used by Casey Anthony in the past.

According to Judd, a lawyer for Anthony, Todd Macaluso, at some point used the plane and Anthony has been on several flights aboard the plane.

The plane was later repossessed. The new owners were killed in the crash Thursday".

I wonder - was this the plane Casey left jail in?
Seahunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:34 AM   #2372
MaryAnnDVC
"Mare", DISing since '99; prefers being tagless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
I know, she is just so normal. All her lies etc are all just normal behavior for a person her age..well let's just call her Sister Casey.

I thought that the jury in Florida were the worst..well here in Buffalo we just had a jury of their twins or close relatives because we had a group of jurors that let a drunk, hit and run driver off scott free except for a misdemeanor DWI where a girl was killed because they just really believed A) he didn't see her and B) the court ordered blood test taken 5 hours after the accident that showed he was still drunk could have been calibrated wrong or contaminated because that is what the defense team said.
Was that the guy who was a prominent Dr or something? It is just amazing who gets off and who gets convicted. That poor girl's family must be devastated.

Adam Kaufman was found not guilty of murdering his wife. Altho the commentators, and the jury foreman, said that it never should have been brought to trial...some believing not enough evidence of anything and some believing there was no crime at all (including everyone in the murdered woman's family)...I seem to be one of the few who think that he DID kill her, but have to concede that there wasn't solid evidence and there was lots of reasonable doubt. There are probably plenty of cases like that, but I don't believe that was the case with CA, nor the DWI above.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurby View Post
Coming up to the first anniversary thought we could use a laugh

OH MY GOD. This has to be one of the funniest videos I've seen in a long time. Or I just need sleep. You be the judge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYE4X...e_gdata_player
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahunt View Post
Kurby I remember when we were all praying for Nicole, and now, OH what a beautiful baby she is and lovely family you have.

I wanted to post this sad story that has a Casey A. twist. I was just listening to this heart breaking news story on local news (Orlando) about a plane crash in FL that killed a family of six from Kansas - they have found five bodies, but one of the children is missing and they are still searching the area (they think he fell out when the plane split apart)

http://www.cfnews13.com/content/news..._crash_re.html

Terrible story and so sad. The eerie Casey part was this:

"Polk Co. Sheriff Judd confirmed the plane that crashed Thursday has been used by Casey Anthony in the past.

According to Judd, a lawyer for Anthony, Todd Macaluso, at some point used the plane and Anthony has been on several flights aboard the plane.

The plane was later repossessed. The new owners were killed in the crash Thursday".

I wonder - was this the plane Casey left jail in?
Casey dodges a bullet again. What is it with that girl's luck? That poor family, and those they left behind. I hope they find that little boy. That's just so heartbreaking. I'm sure CA is just delighted it wasn't her. She's going to start thinking she's invincible. Maybe that's a good thing; she'll get cocky(er) and stupid(er) and it will all catch up with her, someday.

Here's a 154 page document ( ) about the CA case, which I think was given to those attending the Trials and Error forum at Pace University on May 31. It's called Exhibit A: The Casey Anthony Trial. Haven't read it yet...I will when I have a few minutes to read 154 pages.

http://www.pace.edu/school-of-law/si...nthony_001.pdf
Register to remove

Old 06-10-2012, 04:20 PM   #2373
MaryAnnDVC

I was looking for the Pace University forum video, but it doesn't seem to be public at this point, but I found this:

Casey Anthony Actress Replaced in TV Movie

http://www.people.com/people/article...601830,00.html

And if you really want to get aggravated:

Casey Anthony verdict: Whose fault is it?

Sorry...I'm going to blame the jury. They had the option of lesser charges. They spent so little time deliberating. And a few of them spoke, and sounded like idiots. So there ya go. JMHO

And I've NEVER heard Jeff Ashton say anything derogatory about the jury. All he's said is something along the lines that the prosecution didn't give them what they wanted in order to convict her (like um, a video of the crime?). I would love to be a fly on the wall when he discussed with the other two prosecutors and his wife how he really felt about the jurors.
Old 06-10-2012, 05:55 PM   #2374
Nancy
I get all twitterpatted when he does that!
I eat hot dogs from both ends
Oh Mom, that's so tacky..we live in an upscale area
SHH, don't tell anyone but I'm on the computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAnnDVC View Post
I was looking for the Pace University forum video, but it doesn't seem to be public at this point, but I found this:

Casey Anthony Actress Replaced in TV Movie

http://www.people.com/people/article...601830,00.html

And if you really want to get aggravated:

Casey Anthony verdict: Whose fault is it?

Sorry...I'm going to blame the jury. They had the option of lesser charges. They spent so little time deliberating. And a few of them spoke, and sounded like idiots. So there ya go. JMHO

And I've NEVER heard Jeff Ashton say anything derogatory about the jury. All he's said is something along the lines that the prosecution didn't give them what they wanted in order to convict her (like um, a video of the crime?). I would love to be a fly on the wall when he discussed with the other two prosecutors and his wife how he really felt about the jurors.
I bet it comes pretty close to what we think about them.

That whole article burns my butt. It totally skips, rather conveniently, that the death penalty wasn't automatic if they convicted her, and it skipped over the fact that there were other charges they could have convicted her on. Totally forgot to mention that the jury did NOT listen to instructions given them by the judge and pretty much admitted it...yet no one said boo to them about it. I stand by my original thought, which is "there were 12 total morons on that jury".

And now those 12 are joined by the jury up here in Buffalo that sound just as stupid when explaining why they found "the good decent man" not guilty of killing a young girl while texting and driving drunk.
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:03 PM   #2375
joviroxx
rectally reporters television produce

So, looks like Piers Morgan spoke to Casey Anthony via telephone and he will be talking about it tonight on his show, 9pm CNN. I have to record it as I'll be watching the Heat game. Wonder what little miss psycho had to say.
joviroxx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:15 PM   #2376
happygirl
DIS Veteran

Did anyone hear that Casey hideout spot got outed. This whole time she has been if Florida
happygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:34 PM   #2377
MaryAnnDVC

Quote:
Originally Posted by joviroxx View Post
So, looks like Piers Morgan spoke to Casey Anthony via telephone and he will be talking about it tonight on his show, 9pm CNN. I have to record it as I'll be watching the Heat game. Wonder what little miss psycho had to say.
Thanks for the heads up! I'll record it too. I'm going to watch Dance Moms. Piers Morgan is also on at midnight and 3 AM tomorrow.

I just checked and I still have the Dr Drew episode where he talks with Jose Baez about his upcoming book. Aired May 14. Can't bring myself to watch it, I just want to slap that man when I see him. And honestly, I can't stand Dr Drew either...a double whammy.

OK...an ad for Piers Morgan just came on and it said that he speaks with Cheney Mason; never mentions speaking to CA. Ugh...not sure I can watch Cheney Mason...he's right up there with Jose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
I bet it comes pretty close to what we think about them.

That whole article burns my butt. It totally skips, rather conveniently, that the death penalty wasn't automatic if they convicted her, and it skipped over the fact that there were other charges they could have convicted her on. Totally forgot to mention that the jury did NOT listen to instructions given them by the judge and pretty much admitted it...yet no one said boo to them about it. I stand by my original thought, which is "there were 12 total morons on that jury".

And now those 12 are joined by the jury up here in Buffalo that sound just as stupid when explaining why they found "the good decent man" not guilty of killing a young girl while texting and driving drunk.
I know, that irks me too about the CA jury; it's like they slept though the whole trial and instructions. And I can just about hear the orchestra swelling with Patriotic music as that, and other juries are discussed, as if there's some sort of infallibility in the American jury system. Of course I understand that "the jury has spoken", and therefore CA will forever be determined to be not guilty of the crime. However, there are those that feel that the decisions should be unquestioned, and although the jurors don't have to speak to anyone about what transpired, or about their verdicts, there needs to be a good hard look at what went wrong and just maybe, what might be wrong with how juries are chosen, and just maybe, they should take a look at professional, educated, and knowledgeable jurors. JUST SAYIN'.

Oh, and that case in Buffalo...that good decent man needs to be harshly punished. Awful. Just awful!
Old 06-12-2012, 07:36 PM   #2378
MaryAnnDVC

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygirl View Post
Did anyone hear that Casey hideout spot got outed. This whole time she has been if Florida
She was in Ohio shortly after the trial, but has been FL for quite a while, at least since she had to start serving probation. There's a lot of info on this thread about where she's been and who she's been with.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:38 PM   #2379
joviroxx
rectally reporters television produce

Quote:

OK...an ad for Piers Morgan just came on and it said that he speaks with Cheney Mason; never mentions speaking to CA.
(
Haven't seen the ad, I just saw Piers tweet it. A few people have tweeted as well. She won't be on the show but he spoke to her on the phone and he will talk about everything she said. I bet Mason orchestrated it and that's why he is on. Question is, can I really stomach Cheney? UGH UGH
joviroxx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:44 PM   #2380
MaryAnnDVC

Quote:
Originally Posted by joviroxx View Post
Haven't seen the ad, I just saw Piers tweet it. A few people have tweeted as well. She won't be on the show but he spoke to her on the phone and he will talk about everything she said. I bet Mason orchestrated it and that's why he is on. Question is, can I really stomach Cheney? UGH UGH
I was just coming back here to say that HLN posed this on FB:

'I didn't kill my daughter... but I'm ashamed of the person that I was,' Casey Anthony tells CNN's Piers Morgan. What do you think of her statement?

I should know better than to trust an ad over you Joviroxx! LOL I swear, I should give you my phone number so you can text me updates!

Oh, and I don't believe for a minute that CA A) didn't kill her daughter and B) feels any shame about anything whatsoever. The End.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:26 PM   #2381
horseshowmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

'I didn't kill my daughter... but I'm ashamed of the person that I was,' Casey Anthony tells CNN's Piers Morgan. What do you think of her statement?

Oh, and I don't believe for a minute that CA A) didn't kill her daughter and B) feels any shame about anything whatsoever. The End.
I agree completely. As usual, she's playing to the crowd. Blech...
horseshowmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:42 PM   #2382
LisaR

Quote:

[B][SIZE=4]'I didn't kill my daughter... but I'm ashamed of the person that I was,' Casey Anthony tells CNN's Piers Morgan. What do you think of her statement?
Of course she didn't.

Any chance she offered an explanation on who did kill her daughter if it wasn't her? Is she sticking to the drowning story? Or, daddy sexually abused me so I became a shot girl?
LisaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:18 PM   #2383
ohiomom28
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygirl View Post
She had to stay in Florida due to probation...
Old 06-12-2012, 09:30 PM   #2384
LisaR

I see lying is something Casey hasn't given up:

Anthony told Morgan she didn't trust law enforcement, and that the public image of her is still wildly inaccurate.

"I've never been a party girl. I don't drink now. I've probably had a handful of beers since I've been on probation," she said.

Never a party girl? Ever? Really?
LisaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:49 PM   #2385
gm
DIS Veteran

isn't a "handful of beers" still a drink?
gm is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: