Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2012, 03:23 PM   #2356
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Lovely pictures, she looks so healthy. You look so very happy! Happy Memorial day and thanks for sharing!
Old 05-28-2012, 07:04 PM   #2357
MaryAnnDVC
"Mare", DISing since '99; prefers being tagless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurby View Post
I tried posting a few picks a few weeks back but couldn't get the codes on my phone and this is the first i'm accessing a desk top

this one is of my girls and myself on my birthday

I'll post more later
Great pics! Nicole looks like a healthy happy little girl, after all she went through. Thanks for the update.
Register to remove

Old 05-31-2012, 07:16 PM   #2358
MaryAnnDVC

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...empered-blasts

Casey Anthony: Lawson Lamar blasts 'short-tempered' Jeff Ashton

5:01 p.m. EST, May 31, 2012|By Hal Boedeker, Staff writer

Orange-Osceola State Attorney Lawson Lamar weighs in on the Casey Anthony case this weekend.

His forum: "Political Connections" on Central Florida News 13.

Ybeth Bruzual asks Lamar about his political career, his goals for another term in office and his primary race. Two former employees, Jeff Ashton and Ryan Williams, are challenging Lamar in the Democratic primary.

The program airs at 1:30 and 7:30 p.m. Sunday on News 13, which is available to customers of Bright House Networks.

News 13 supplied this preview: "Lamar also shares a harsh description about his former Assistant State Attorney Jeff Ashton. Lamar makes the claim that Ashton is short-tempered, and was told specifically how to act and perform in the Casey Anthony trial last year."

In July, Anthony was acquitted of murder in the 2008 death of her daughter, Caylee.

Saw this, so figured I'd post it.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:22 PM   #2359
LisaR

OMG! Jeff Ashton and Cheney Mason battled it out today. They only showed a brief clip of it on the news but it was intense. I wish I could see the whole thing. It was on WESH so maybe they will have it on their website. It was part of a Pace University forum in NY.

When asked about the duct tape on Caylee's mouth, CM rolled his eyes and said, "There wasn't any duct tape on her mouth"

Jeff responded with, "It wasn't over her mouth because she didn't have a mouth anymore."

They really went at it. Jeff didn't like CM response regarding the sniff testing and said his responses were rude.

The reporter said CM criticized Baez for making sex abuse claims against GA in his opening statement.

The jury foreman was suppose to be part of the forum but she dropped out at the last minute due to safety concerns.

Ugh! I want to see the entire video!
LisaR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:16 PM   #2360
MaryAnnDVC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaR View Post
OMG! Jeff Ashton and Cheney Mason battled it out today. They only showed a brief clip of it on the news but it was intense. I wish I could see the whole thing. It was on WESH so maybe they will have it on their website. It was part of a Pace University forum in NY.

When asked about the duct tape on Caylee's mouth, CM rolled his eyes and said, "There wasn't any duct tape on her mouth"

Jeff responded with, "It wasn't over her mouth because she didn't have a mouth anymore."

They really went at it. Jeff didn't like CM response regarding the sniff testing and said his responses were rude.

The reporter said CM criticized Baez for making sex abuse claims against GA in his opening statement.

The jury foreman was suppose to be part of the forum but she dropped out at the last minute due to safety concerns.

Would love to see that! Still looking online, but found this.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...hony-jose-baez

Casey Anthony: Cheney Mason distances himself from opening statement

By Hal Boedeker, Staff writer
9:10 p.m. EST, May 31, 2012

Defense attorney Cheney Mason revealed Thursday night that he disagreed with colleague Jose Baez's opening statement in the Casey Anthony murder trial. In the statement, Baez alleged that George Anthony had sexually abused his daughter.

"I did not know it was going to happen," Mason said
at a conference at Pace Law School in New York. The event added another fascinating chapter to the long-running Anthony saga.

Mason said that Baez's opening statement was "not the right thing to do." Mason told law students in the audience that they should never make a promise that they cannot deliver on.

"That was something he did," Mason said of Baez.

"Should it have been done? In my opinion, no," Mason said.

The Pace forum had tried to get the jury foreman to take part, but moderator Thane Rosenbaum announced that the juror dropped out: His parents didn't want him there.

Rosenbaum read a few nasty letters to jurors after Anthony was acquitted of murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee.

Former prosecutor Jeff Ashton said the criticism of the jury foreman was "inexcusable."

Ashton said it was a fair trial for both sides. Of the jury, Ashton said, "We couldn't give them what they wanted." He cited a cause of death.

"The jury got it right. End of story," Mason said.

"The evidence was not there," Mason said later, adding that the jury had done its job.

Mason also lectured Ashton on making assumptions about Anthony. "You never talked to Casey Anthony," Mason said.

Ashton shot back that the defense would never let him talk to Anthony.

Ashton said he wouldn't have changed the charges in the case because he thought it was a premeditated murder.

Mason revealed that Anthony was never going to testify at her trial. One reason was that prosecutor Linda DraneBurdick could have questioned Anthony for days. "The trial would still be going on," Mason said.

Mason repeated his complaints about talking heads on television who weighed in on motions they had never read and who had never tried a murder case. He dismissed HLN host Nancy Grace as "Nancy Disgrace" and said he ruled out prospective jurors if they had watched her show.

But Mason didn't acknowledge that he had been a talking head for WKMG-Channel 6 before he joined the defense team.

Mason said Anthony is no different from most people her age who like to go to nightclubs. He said the defense was prevented from cutting Anthony's hair, and that's why it grew so long during her time in jail.

To critics of the verdict, Mason said: "No matter how much you believe something, it doesn't make it a fact."

Comments (as you're reading this, picture me seething ):

1) Cheney Mason didn't know what Baez was going to say in the opening statement???? How moronic a comment is that??? The WHOLE basis for her lying was supposedly that she LEARNED to lie, based on sexual abuse by George, and Mason didn't know Baez was going to say that??? OMG...I just want to slap that man silly. And if he truly didn't know (which I don't believe for a minute...he's just trying to distance himself from the statements Bozo made), then how STUPID does that make him and the whole defense team look.

2) He doesn't say that he disagrees with Baez making those statements because it was WRONG morally to accuse someone of something that had no basis in truth (except the statements of someone who seemingly never uttered a word of truth), but because they couldn't PROVE it.

3) I thought that there had to be some basis for what's said in opening statements. I know opening statements aren't "evidence" but weren't the commentators saying that there would have to be some sort of expectation of proving those statements...some sort of testimony...during the trial? So, Bozo and his band of merry jerks, KNEW from the beginning that Casey would NOT testify, and there was no other "proof", so they (yes, "they", because I don't believe for a minute that the whole defense team didn't know about and support the opening) made those statements with no intentions of offering any evidence to support it.

4) Methinks the jury foreman needs to check with mom and dad BEFORE saying he'll take part in the forum.

5) "The jury did their job"...SURELY CM would be saying that had she been found guilty, no?

6) CM: Duh! I forgot we didn't let you talk to CA! And therefore, the prosecutors just ASSUMED things about CA. Yes, it was all about assumptions.

7) Oh, the drama...one reason they didn't have Casey testify was because Linda would have had her on the stand for days. How good of CM and the Defense to not trouble everyone with that. Yup, it was all about the inconvenience of that ol' LDB going at poor CA!

8) Has NO ONE smacked Mason upside the head about the irony of him *****ing about talking heads??

9) Mason: "Casey Anthony is no different than most people her age who like to go to nightclubs." Um, CM...yes, there is a difference. MOST people her age don't A) murder their child, and then B) go to nightclubs. Comprende?

10) Why couldn't they cut CA's hair???

11) Note to CM: just because she was found "not guilty" doesn't mean she didn't murder her daughter.

And 12) I need to get back to folding clothes!
Old 06-01-2012, 01:51 PM   #2361
joviroxx
rectally reporters television produce

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaR View Post

Thanks for posting that. I'll keep my eyes open on WESH!
joviroxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 01:53 PM   #2362
joviroxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAnnDVC View Post

1) Cheney Mason didn't know what Baez was going to say in the opening statement???? How moronic a comment is that??? The WHOLE basis for her lying was supposedly that she LEARNED to lie, based on sexual abuse by George, and Mason didn't know Baez was going to say that??? OMG...I just want to slap that man silly. And if he truly didn't know (which I don't believe for a minute...he's just trying to distance himself from the statements Bozo made), then how STUPID does that make him and the whole defense team look.

2) He doesn't say that he disagrees with Baez making those statements because it was WRONG morally to accuse someone of something that had no basis in truth (except the statements of someone who seemingly never uttered a word of truth), but because they couldn't PROVE it.

3) I thought that there had to be some basis for what's said in opening statements. I know opening statements aren't "evidence" but weren't the commentators saying that there would have to be some sort of expectation of proving those statements...some sort of testimony...during the trial? So, Bozo and his band of merry jerks, KNEW from the beginning that Casey would NOT testify, and there was no other "proof", so they (yes, "they", because I don't believe for a minute that the whole defense team didn't know about and support the opening) made those statements with no intentions of offering any evidence to support it.

4) Methinks the jury foreman needs to check with mom and dad BEFORE saying he'll take part in the forum.

5) "The jury did their job"...SURELY CM would be saying that had she been found guilty, no?

6) CM: Duh! I forgot we didn't let you talk to CA! And therefore, the prosecutors just ASSUMED things about CA. Yes, it was all about assumptions.

7) Oh, the drama...one reason they didn't have Casey testify was because Linda would have had her on the stand for days. How good of CM and the Defense to not trouble everyone with that. Yup, it was all about the inconvenience of that ol' LDB going at poor CA!

8) Has NO ONE smacked Mason upside the head about the irony of him *****ing about talking heads??

9) Mason: "Casey Anthony is no different than most people her age who like to go to nightclubs." Um, CM...yes, there is a difference. MOST people her age don't A) murder their child, and then B) go to nightclubs. Comprende?

10) Why couldn't they cut CA's hair???

11) Note to CM: just because she was found "not guilty" doesn't mean she didn't murder her daughter.

And 12) I need to get back to folding clothes!
[/COLOR]

Im speechless... he makes me so Im not going to comment because you said it all really well MaryAnn!
Old 06-01-2012, 01:54 PM   #2363
joviroxx

Kurby,

You kids are beautiful!!! Congratulations!
Old 06-01-2012, 02:16 PM   #2364
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Well, if Mason did not agree with Baez then why didnt he get himself excused from the whole ordeal and let Judge Perry know it was not right? He knew right from the start. So is he saying that statements were never made from CA that it never happend? Okay I am livid now.
Old 06-01-2012, 08:29 PM   #2365
MaryAnnDVC

Quote:
Originally Posted by joviroxx View Post
Im speechless... he makes me so Im not going to comment because you said it all really well MaryAnn!
Thanks! I worked hard on that rant! I'm good like that. Laundry, not so much!
Quote:
Originally Posted by usnuzuloose View Post
Well, if Mason did not agree with Baez then why didnt he get himself excused from the whole ordeal and let Judge Perry know it was not right? He knew right from the start. So is he saying that statements were never made from CA that it never happend? Okay I am livid now.
I don't think he's saying that those statements were never said by CA (altho I firmly believe they "helped" Casey "remember" things, ie lie through her teeth), but that they weren't in a position to prove any of it, since they wouldn't (couldn't) put her on the stand and there was no other way to substantiate it. IIRC, the psychiatrists who examined her were NOT comfortable with testifying as to the likelihood that her claims of sexual abuse were true, or maybe at the point where they had spoken to her, she hadn't "remembered" (ie, she and Jose hadn't gotten the story down yet) the sexual abuse.

As far as walking out on the defense team...didn't he say at one point he joined the team because Baez was over his head? He probably felt too committed to helping poor dear CA. And I'm not sure if he could just walk away, or is it just the lead that can't? And besides...I don't believe he didn't know, and I don't believe he thought it was REALLY a big deal if he did. He's just trying to distance himself from the flack.

I was just telling my DH about Cheney Mason allegedly not knowing that Jose was going to make those statements, and DH asked "And what's Baez up to these days?" and oh, boy, did I rant. Ended up talking about Jennifer Ford, that outspoken airhead juror, and said that I'll be in an Alzheimer Unit someday, and the one thing I'll remember is that woman's name.

You know, as unhappy as some people are that John Edwards wasn't convicted, as far as I know nobody is taking the jury to task, BECAUSE THEY OBVIOUSLY TOOK THEIR JOB SERIOUSLY AND DELIBERATED. I think we would still all feel as upset about Casey actually getting off as we did, BUT wouldn't feel as cheated and kicked in the teeth had they spent any amount of quality time DE-LIB-ER-ATING. What was it...6 - 6 with the first vote, or something like that? And then they got to "not guilty" in 11 hours, including reading and understanding (or not understanding) the jury forms? But hey...that's our jury system. Whaddya gonna do.

Per Jeff Ashton's FB page, Pace University is going to be providing him with an edited () version of the forum and it will be posted. Will post it here if I see it.
Old 06-01-2012, 09:03 PM   #2366
happygirl
DIS Veteran

I can't see Rob Lowe playing Jeff Ashton but I didn't see him playing Drew Peterson either
happygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 09:11 PM   #2367
Teresa Pitman
DIS Veteran

That makes me absolutely furious. Casey is like any other young person going to nightclubs???? Yeah, EVEN IF your lies were the truth, and that sweet baby died accidentally, what normal person would then happily spent the night cuddling with her boyfriend (never mentioning the little "accident"), and then spend the next MONTH partying, and telling elaborate lies to everyone about where her daughter is? If you think that's normal, then you don't know normal.

TP
Teresa Pitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 09:49 PM   #2368
LisaR

Quote:
Originally Posted by joviroxx View Post
I agree! You summed it up perfectly, Mare. It is just so infuriating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAnnDVC View Post
Per Jeff Ashton's FB page, Pace University is going to be providing him with an edited () version of the forum and it will be posted. Will post it here if I see it.
I hope he posts it. It was a great sneak peak last night.
LisaR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:10 PM   #2369
Nancy
I get all twitterpatted when he does that!
I eat hot dogs from both ends
Oh Mom, that's so tacky..we live in an upscale area
SHH, don't tell anyone but I'm on the computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa Pitman View Post
That makes me absolutely furious. Casey is like any other young person going to nightclubs???? Yeah, EVEN IF your lies were the truth, and that sweet baby died accidentally, what normal person would then happily spent the night cuddling with her boyfriend (never mentioning the little "accident"), and then spend the next MONTH partying, and telling elaborate lies to everyone about where her daughter is? If you think that's normal, then you don't know normal.

TP
I know, she is just so normal. All her lies etc are all just normal behavior for a person her age..well let's just call her Sister Casey.

I thought that the jury in Florida were the worst..well here in Buffalo we just had a jury of their twins or close relatives because we had a group of jurors that let a drunk, hit and run driver off scott free except for a misdemeanor DWI where a girl was killed because they just really believed A) he didn't see her and B) the court ordered blood test taken 5 hours after the accident that showed he was still drunk could have been calibrated wrong or contaminated because that is what the defense team said.
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:32 PM   #2370
Kurby
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. ~Walt Disney

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Coming up to the first anniversary thought we could use a laugh

OH MY GOD. This has to be one of the funniest videos I've seen in a long time. Or I just need sleep. You be the judge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYE4X...e_gdata_player

Last edited by Kurby; 06-02-2012 at 07:39 PM.
Kurby is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: