Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2012, 05:50 PM   #2341
MaryAnnDVC
"Mare", DISing since '99; prefers being tagless

If anyone was following the Tammi Smith (Baby Gabriel) case...she was found guilty on both counts...conspiracy to commit custodial interference and forgery. Then the jury deliberated fairly briefly and came back that there WERE aggravating factors that will be considered at sentencing.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...h-verdict.html

Every so often, there is justice.

The case that InSession is following now, the Adam Kaufman murder trial, bored me, even as background noise. But today, I switched it on to see if there was a verdict in the Tammi Smith trial, and I see this female detective (married, 3 kids) on the stand being forced to admit that she had had an affair with the lead detective in the case (after saying yesterday that she didn't "socialize" with him outside of the job) and yikes, was she pissed! When they let her off the stand, she stomped across the courtroom and then flew the door open and it slammed against the wall. (The affair was BEFORE this case, but then they worked on the case together.)

It was an interesting day in court.

OK, so while I'm here, I decided to google Casey Anthony, and I DID find something new:

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...aud-conviction

Casey Anthony to Zenaida Gonzalez: Who paid for your makeover?

By Jeff Weiner, Orlando Sentinel

3:33 p.m. EST, May 16, 2012

Has Zenaida Gonzalez, the woman suing Casey Anthony for defamation, been paid for TV interviews? And who funded her makeover for an appearance on the "Dr. Phil" show? Anthony's attorneys want to know.

In a request filed Wednesday, Anthony's defense issued a variety of wide-ranging requests for information, most involving money or media appearances.

Gonzalez says her life was upended when Anthony claimed a similarly named nanny had kidnapped her child in 2008. Anthony's attorney, however, argues Gonzalez is exploiting his client's infamy for her own gain.

The request covers documentation of payment for television, print and other media interviews, and specifically references an appearance with Dr. Phil McGraw that was taped in March and aired in April.

Anthony's defense is seeking info on money spent on "any hair treatment, skin treatment, dental work, clothing, shoes, jewelry, transportation, hotel accommodations, food [and] drink" for or during that TV appearance.

The request covers Gonzalez's bank and credit card statements, as well as pay stubs and job applications. Anthony's team also wants documentation of "gift(s)" given to Gonzalez's daughters by her attorneys' law firm.

The new request comes days after a judge in the suit granted Gonzalez access to Anthony's address so she can be subpoenaed for trial. Anthony has been in hiding since July, due to concerns for her safety.

Matt Morgan, one of the lawyers representing Gonzalez in the civil suit, posted on Twitter that Anthony had not yet been served as of Wednesday. "We are in the process of obtaining personal service," he said.

Anthony, 26, was acquitted of all major charges in July after a high profile murder trial in the death of her daughter, 2-year-old Caylee Marie. She is currently serving probation in an unrelated check fraud conviction.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:32 PM   #2342
MaryAnnDVC

Served.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...html?ref=crime

Casey Anthony Found In Hiding To Be Served Defamation Subpoena

The Huffington Post |
By Hilary Tuttle

Posted: 05/21/2012 10:00 pm Updated: 05/22/2012 5:41 pm

Casey Anthony has been found in Florida. While the notorious woman has been in hiding for the 10 months since her trial, legal action has continued against her, and the 26-year-old will now have to return to an Orlando courtroom.

Investigators located Anthony and staked out her new residence for several days while attempting to serve a subpoena relating to an ongoing defamation case, People magazine reported Monday night. The case stems from the initial investigation into the whereabouts of Anthony's 2-year-old daughter, Caylee. Anthony claimed the girl was kidnapped by a babysitter named Zenaida Gonzalez, a woman she never knew, but who does exist.

While Gonzalez had never met Anthony, was not a babysitter, and was in no way involved in the case, she claims Anthony publicly defamed her, ruining her reputation by using her name in association with the toddler's disappearance and death. The case heads to trial the first week of January, and Anthony had thus far avoided making any appearances related to the lawsuit.

"Our investigation team had her whereabouts pinned down," Gonzalez's attorney, Matt Morgan, told People. "Their backs were against the wall, so her attorneys said that they would accept service on her behalf."

In October, Anthony filmed a video deposition in the case, disguised in a baseball cap, sunglasses, and what appeared to be a long, black wig. As the Associated Press reported at the time, Anthony used videoconferencing from an undisclosed location to deliver her testimony and answered few questions, primarily allowing her attorney to invoke the Fifth Amendment in declining to respond.

Now, however, Anthony may be forced to appear in court in person to do something she refused to do while on trial for her daughter's death: take the stand. While her attorneys admitted during the trial that the babysitter story was fabricated, Anthony has never personally had to explain why she misled police looking for her daughter with the kidnapping claim.

Casey Anthony had to remain in Florida following her trial to serve a year of probation on a check fraud charge, as The Huffington Post has previously reported. Given the highly emotional and intensely publicized nature of her trial last year, she has been in hiding for the last 10 months for her own safety.
Register to remove

Old 05-23-2012, 12:39 PM   #2343
Promomx2
DIS Veteran

TMZ had Rob Lowe on last night saying he is leaving monday to start filming "The Casey Anthony Story". I wonder who they finally got to play Casey?
Promomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:47 PM   #2344
MaryAnnDVC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promomx2 View Post
TMZ had Rob Lowe on last night saying he is leaving monday to start filming "The Casey Anthony Story". I wonder who they finally got to play Casey?
Ask and you shall receive. Just posted on FB:

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/05...etime-tv-movie (The link shows a picture of the actress next to CA.)

Guess who's going to play Casey Anthony...
By HLNtv.com Staff
updated 12:29 PM EDT, Wed May 23, 2012
  • Canadian actress Holly Deveaux has been cast as Casey Anthony in the Lifetime movie, 'Prosecuting Casey Anthony'
  • Devaux is most well-known for starring in the series Canadian series 'Baxter'

The frenzy to find the right actress to play ‘Tot Mom’ Casey Anthony is over. Canadian actress Holly Deveaux has secured the role of the infamous Florida woman in an upcoming Lifetime movie.

According to The Orlando Sentinel, Deveaux will star in “Prosecuting Casey Anthony” -- based on Jeff Ashton’s best-selling book, “Imperfect Justice” -- opposite Rob Lowe, who will play Ashton. The movie will center primarily around the trial, not the events leading up to it.

So who exactly who is Deveaux, and is she ready to play one of the most controversial figures in recent U.S. history? Here are five fast facts about the actress:

1. Deveaux is most well-known for starring in the Canadian television series “Baxter.”

2. She bears a striking resemblance to Anthony; Devaux has long brown hair, green eyes and porcelain skin

3. Deveaux may have snagged the role from more established Hollywood actresses -- it was rumored that Kristen Stewart, Alyssa Milano and Jennifer Love Hewitt were also being considered

4. She is only 19; Anthony was 22 at the time of her trial

5. She will need to channel Anthony’s personality quickly, since shooting for the movie begins next week and will run for 20 days

Last edited by MaryAnnDVC; 05-23-2012 at 12:52 PM.
MaryAnnDVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:00 PM   #2345
joviroxx
rectally reporters television produce

THe girl playing CA is much prettier!!

Here is the guy playing Baez...

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusive...-anthony-movie

Wonder who else will be portraying the rest of the motley crew.
joviroxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:09 PM   #2346
Promomx2
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the quick service. I wish I would run into more people that quick on the job. Holly looks like she is going to be a great Casey but I really like the guy from the office. I don't know if I can see him as a villian. I wonder if they are going to film on location in Florida?
Promomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:28 PM   #2347
MaryAnnDVC

Quote:
Originally Posted by joviroxx View Post
THe girl playing CA is much prettier!!

Here is the guy playing Baez...

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusive...-anthony-movie

Wonder who else will be portraying the rest of the motley crew.
That guy doesn't look stupid enough to play Baez.

Motley crew is right! I wonder. What about Judge Perry?! Who could possibly play him? Looks-wise the only person I can come up with is Al Roker. But now that I say that, how much of this case is going to play out? This was 3 ongoing years, tons of evidence and documents, a long trial...I wonder who makes the cut to be portrayed in the movie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Promomx2 View Post
Thanks for the quick service. I wish I would run into more people that quick on the job. Holly looks like she is going to be a great Casey but I really like the guy from the office. I don't know if I can see him as a villian. I wonder if they are going to film on location in Florida?
You're welcome!

I think they're filming in Canada.

Anyone watching the Adam Kaufman trial on InSession? OMG...this defense lawyer is a total *******...disrespectful to the judge in addition to everyone else. The judge is a woman and a weanie. No well in hell would Judge Perry have tolerated the Defense Attorney's behavior towards a witness never mind to himself as judge. I had been thinking that, and then the commentators on InSession said the same thing...Judge Perry would not tolerate it. This is a FL trial...wish Judge Perry was on the bench! Would love just to see him in action again.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:38 PM   #2348
joviroxx
rectally reporters television produce

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAnnDVC View Post
T

Anyone watching the Adam Kaufman trial on InSession? OMG...this defense lawyer is a total *******...disrespectful to the judge in addition to everyone else. The judge is a woman and a weanie. No well in hell would Judge Perry have tolerated the Defense Attorney's behavior towards a witness never mind to himself as judge. I had been thinking that, and then the commentators on InSession said the same thing...Judge Perry would not tolerate it. This is a FL trial...wish Judge Perry was on the bench! Would love just to see him in action again.
I wish InSession live streamed...
joviroxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:06 PM   #2349
MaryAnnDVC

Quote:
Originally Posted by joviroxx View Post
I wish InSession live streamed...
The trial is being livestreamed at www.cnn.com/live but you don't get the commentaries, which in and of themselves are pretty interesting. During the CA trial, I believed very much in Mike Brooke's opinions, and not so much Sunny Hostin's. 180 turnaround for me watching this trial and what they have to say.

BTW, Dr Michael Baden is supposed to testify for the defense. Please, I hope InSession and HLN don't get Linda Kenney Baden in for her comments. That woman gives me major agida.
Old 05-23-2012, 04:34 PM   #2350
wvjules
DIS Veteran

I don't see Rob Lowe as Jeff Ashton at all!

The girl will make a good CA though.
wvjules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 05:18 PM   #2351
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Just catching up. YIKES! Please tell me Casey is not collecting a dime?
Old 05-27-2012, 10:02 AM   #2352
MaryAnnDVC

Quote:
Originally Posted by usnuzuloose View Post
Just catching up. YIKES! Please tell me Casey is not collecting a dime?
Nope, not a dime. It's based on Jeff Ashton's book.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...t-of-computer/

My "comments" in parentheses:

May 24, 2012 6:15pm

Casey Anthony Reportedly Spends Days Eating in Front of Computer

(Credit:Joe Burbank/AP)

Casey Anthony has been gaining weight ( ) as she serves her probation in hiding somewhere in southern Florida, two sources told People magazine.

“Quite honestly, she’s gained a few pounds,” the source told the magazine. “She does nothing but sit in front of her computer and eat.”

Anthony, 26, was acquitted last July of murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee, but was convicted on four counts of lying to law enforcement for claiming that 2-year-old Caylee had been kidnapped by a babysitter. She is currently serving one year of probation in Florida for a check fraud conviction.

After being released from jail, Anthony went into hiding amid death threats from people who were shocked that she was not convicted of killing her daughter. She has maintained a very low-profile, but might soon be forced to take the stand ( ) in a civil suit against her.

The suit was filed by Zenaida Gonzalez, a Florida woman suing Anthony for defamation. During the search for Caylee, Anthony told investigators her daughter had been kidnapped by a fictional babysitter named Zenaida Gonzalez. The real Gonzalez has never met Anthony, but claimed that her reputation was ruined by the association to the case.

The case goes to trial in January and Anthony so far has avoided any in-person appearances related to the case. In October, she filmed a video deposition from an undisclosed location in which she was disguised in sunglasses, a baseball cap and what appeared to be long, black wig. Her attorney invoked the Fifth Amendment for nearly every question so she did not have to respond.

Sources told People that Anthony is dreading her possible court appearance ( ) in January.

Casey was really hoping to leave Florida and never look back,” the source said. “She was really ready to move on with her life. This has ruined everything.” ( )

Her probation is scheduled to be complete in August, but a required court appearance could force her to stay in the area, at least until January.

“Casey just wants this case to go away,” the source said. “She definitely doesn’t want to testify, and she’s annoyed that she has to.” ( )

Anthony’s attorney, Cheney Mason, was not available for comment.

Monthly probation reports have shown that Anthony remains unemployed and broke. (I'd smile here, except for the fact that she doesn't have to work and she is surviving somehow, and I don't think she's suffering in that respect.)
Old 05-28-2012, 09:43 AM   #2353
Kurby
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. ~Walt Disney

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Ahhhhhh poor thing.

Maybe we should tak up a collection for her or give her a job. I feel just awful for her. Poor thing. Did absolutely nothing and was cruly demeaned in the press poor thing

Oh why can't I access those faces on my pho e this morning
Kurby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 01:34 PM   #2354
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Hi Kurby! How are you ? And baby Nicole?

I have wondered about the rest of the law suits. Has everyone dropped them. At some point she will have to get a job to support herself.
Old 05-28-2012, 02:05 PM   #2355
Kurby
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. ~Walt Disney

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

I tried posting a few picks a few weeks back but couldn't get the codes on my phone and this is the first i'm accessing a desk top

this one is of my girls and myself on my birthday

I'll post more later
Kurby is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: