Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2011, 12:49 AM   #1
Fltwin
Mouseketeer

Rain forest

Anyone try it out? Seems really nice!
Old 07-16-2011, 07:56 AM   #2
Donald_Quackers
Quacktastic!

If you are talking the Rainforest room in the spa, I loved the heated tile loungers. Took a nice nap there while I treated my Mom to a hot stone massage.

Apr '12 -- Disney Fantasy 7 Nights
Dec '10 -- Disney Magic 7 Nights/4 nights @ POFQ
Dec '08 -- Disney Wonder 4 Nights/2 nights @ Pop Cent. / Dec '07 -- Coronado Springs
Dec '04, '05 / Oct '03 -- Off Site/Vacation Home
Sleep Apnea diagnosed June 2012
Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!
Donald_Quackers is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2011, 07:59 AM   #3
jrbdad
Mouseketeer

DW & I spent quite some time in the Rainforest Spa while on board the Dream. It was wonderful.
jrbdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 08:11 AM   #4
bbaltes
5th Cruise - can't wait!

This is the reason I spend $99 for an all-cruise pass to the Rain Forest: The heated tile loungers. I imagine our Alaska cruise will result in those being highly coveted.
bbaltes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 09:42 AM   #5
Makayna
Something brought you here, Flynn Rider. Call it what you will... fate... destiny........ A horse.

I've heard that since there are only 4, they're ALWAYS taken. Is that true? How easily is it to get one? What's the longest that someone has waited for one?
Old 07-16-2011, 09:52 AM   #6
TiaMaria
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makayna View Post
I've heard that since there are only 4, they're ALWAYS taken. Is that true? How easily is it to get one? What's the longest that someone has waited for one?
It's all a matter of timing. You don't just stand there and hover over the people lounging in one, waiting to snatch one up (if someone did that to me, I'd purposely settle in for a long nap, LOL!).

If you go in the evenings, say during late dining, you may find them completely empty. Same with first thing in the early AM. Otherwise it's hit or miss.

Looking forward to the Disney Vacation Club Villas at The Grand Floridian Resort!!
TiaMaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 10:22 AM   #7
txvjc
DIS Veteran

The Rainforest Room on the Dream was awesome...I was a little hesitant at first to buy the length of cruise couple's pass for us but I'm so glad we did...the steam rooms were great, the aromatherapy showers were awesome, and the tile loungers were so relaxing (and there were way more than 4...never had to wait for one). The 2 hot tubs were also really nice since it only held 2 people so you could get in and relax without the overcrowding up on deck (and what a great view on Castaway Cay).

We even got a little Disney magic on the Castaway Cay day when we were relaxing on the loungers Mickey Mouse walked in with his beach wear on and plopped down on the tile lounge chair next to us like he was any other guest! There were only like 5 or 6 people in there and we were all laughing and having a good time with him...we all got up and went out on the hot tub area with him and started waving at the jet skiers and parasailers trying to get their attention...one of my best memories of the cruise.
------------------------------------------------------
1st Disney Cruise, 4 night Disney Wonder, June 2009
2nd Disney Cruise, 5 night Disney Dream, June 2011
txvjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 12:09 PM   #8
Fltwin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by txvjc View Post

We even got a little Disney magic on the Castaway Cay day when we were relaxing on the loungers Mickey Mouse walked in with his beach wear on and plopped down on the tile lounge chair next to us like he was any other guest! There were only like 5 or 6 people in there and we were all laughing and having a good time with him...we all got up and went out on the hot tub area with him and started waving at the jet skiers and parasailers trying to get their attention...one of my best memories of the cruise.
Oh my! How great is that!!
Old 07-17-2011, 02:48 PM   #9
SB in KY
DIS Veteran

Could someone give me a quick run down of what is in the rainforest room and what is included in the pass? I am thinking this might be a nice surprise for my DD's (21 and 23)...does it sound like something they might enjoy?
SB in KY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 09:26 PM   #10
Makayna
Something brought you here, Flynn Rider. Call it what you will... fate... destiny........ A horse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB in KY View Post
Could someone give me a quick run down of what is in the rainforest room and what is included in the pass? I am thinking this might be a nice surprise for my DD's (21 and 23)...does it sound like something they might enjoy?
I would like to know this too.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:24 PM   #11
CrystalS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by txvjc View Post
The Rainforest Room on the Dream was awesome...I was a little hesitant at first to buy the length of cruise couple's pass for us but I'm so glad we did...the steam rooms were great, the aromatherapy showers were awesome, and the tile loungers were so relaxing (and there were way more than 4...never had to wait for one). The 2 hot tubs were also really nice since it only held 2 people so you could get in and relax without the overcrowding up on deck (and what a great view on Castaway Cay).
Was this on the Dream or one of the older ships?
I know the Dream has the hot tubs with the rainforest room, but wasn't sure if the other ships did?

Thanks
CrystalS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 12:45 AM   #12
girl_barrie
Practically Perfect in Every Way!

The Wonder doesn't have hot tubs in the Rainforest Room!!!!
THAT must be awesome!!!
They had a steamy steam room just like the one for the Exotic Rasul (that was out of order at the time - late Feb./March), an orange scented mist shower, a rainforest shower, a dry sauna, a gentle steam room with heated stone bench seats, an ice dispenser with cooling ice and scented washcloths, a central fountain just for atmosphere and the famous 4 heated stone chaise lounges.
It was very nice and relaxing. There was pretty much always somewhere we could go enjoy if the lounges were full.
girl_barrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 01:04 AM   #13
princesskayla
***This space reserved for a tag***

I might have to try that out. Early morning tile lounge chairs - here I come! I'll have to tell my husband where to find me, or not

First 1/2 Marathon-Disneyland-Sept 2013*Pixar 7 day cruise - Oct 2012*Dream Double Dip - May 2012*24 Hours,4 Parks - Leap Year 2012 -WDW*DL -HoJo: Dec 2011*First Disney Cruise and First Family trip to Disney Land: Nov 2011*Solo trip to DL: Oct 2011*Last trip before the Wild Fontier, Bonnet Creek: May 2011 * Bonnet Creek - Nov 2010 * AKL/WL CL - Sept 2010 * Christmas Present for the family at Bonnet Creek - Dec 14-18, 2009 * Last Minute trip to Bonnet Creek - May 2009 * Suprise trip for Mom's 50th B-Day - Oct 2008 KOTS * WL with Free Dining - Sept 2008 * AWHONN convention + DISNEYLAND - June 2008 * ASMo and WL with Free Dining - Sept 2007 - The beginning of the obsession
princesskayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 01:46 AM   #14
Breezy91257
Earning My Ears

Is there a rainforest room on the Magic!? *fingers crossed* x
Breezy91257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 05:44 AM   #15
starwood
This mouse GOT her next cruise
I won't even tell my DH what I'm doing. He already thinks I'm nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy91257 View Post