Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 11:08 PM   #1
ikaki99
Earning My Ears

Free parking at disney world?

Hi! I've seen some articles in the net and some advice about free parking inside disney... some say that in downtown you can park and take the disney's bus system? is this true? any advice? regards
Old 07-13-2011, 11:15 PM   #2
smitch425
DIS Veteran

My only advice in regards to this is

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikaki99 View Post
Hi! I've seen some articles in the net and some advice about free parking inside disney... some say that in downtown you can park and take the disney's bus system? is this true? any advice? regards
DO NOT DO IT!!! The only FREE parking you can get at Disney is to be an on-site hotel guest. If you are staying off-site, you need to pay to park. Any further discussion around this rule will get this thread closed and/or deleted. It is a rule of Disboards not to discuss ways around Disney rules.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-14-2011, 05:51 AM   #3
seashoreCM
All around nice guy.

Free parking when visiting Disney's resorts e.g. for dinner, when going to Downtown Disney, when going to water parks.

Disney's resorts do not charge their guests for parking but some nearby resorts including the Swan and Dolphin do charge.

No nonstop buses from Downtown Disney to theme parks.

Except for theme park parking lots and a resort you are staying at, when you are leaving you must take your car with you. (Some valets don't enforce this in the hopes of getting bigger tips.)
Hotel scam! Someone "from the front desk" calls your room phone or knocks on the door, usually after midnight, asking for your credit card number to complete your billing or you will be kicked out. Don't give it to him. It can wait until dawn when you stop by the front desk. This includes Disney's resorts too.

Last edited by seashoreCM; 07-14-2011 at 05:56 AM.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:05 AM   #4
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Okay...putting on my nasty hat here. First post and it's on this subject??? You probably should have done a search first...would have gotten more info than you needed that way.

Long story short.....there is free parking at the water parks and DTD. You will not get buses going to any parks from those places though. You have to take a bus to a resort and transfer to a park bus (or alternative type of transportation, depending on resort).

And this doesn't work early in the morning. Why?? There aren't buses running from DTD, or the water parks, consistently until late morning. There is no need. The shops at DTD don't even open until 10ish.

Not to mention it is very time consuming...you have to plan on it taking over an hour to get to a park from DTD, and more like 90 mins. A lot of time to save $15.

My feeling??? If you can't afford to follow rules and pay the parking fees, you shouldn't be going to WDW.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:14 AM   #5
sam_gordon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
The only FREE parking you can get at Disney is to be an on-site hotel guest. If you are staying off-site, you need to pay to park.
If you have an AP you get free parking whether you're staying on-site or off.
Bay Lake Towers, WDW June 1 - June 6, 2011
Polynesian, WDW Dec. 29, 2008 - Jan. 3, 2009
Wilderness Lodge, WDW, June 2005
Polynesian, WDW Sept. 7 - Sept. 14, 2001
Caribbean Beach, June 1993
Old 07-14-2011, 09:10 AM   #6
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness

There are ways to avoid the $14. All of them will cost you time---and possibly a pretty good chunk of it. I don't know about the value of *your* time on vacation, but my time is worth more than that. Trying to avoid it is penny wise but pound foolish.

I would just park at the theme park parking lots and not worry about it.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:08 AM   #7
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
What you have seen are articles written by people who give advice on how to skirt around the rules; which is prohibited on these boards.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:15 AM   #8
KrysiaG
Mouseketeer

Let me just say that our Downtown Disney experience was COMPLETELY ruined and it was due to the mass parking there. We actually waited SOOOO long to get to park somewhere, and honestly it wasn't that packed inside (surprisingly). I had heard from people at Downtown Disney that people would park there for free and try to take busses and things, but honestly - it made our entire visit to DTD a completely MISERABLE one. I won't be back due to that parking.

We paid $14 a day to park at all the WDW parks for each day we were there. Seriously, that is cheaper than a misting fan sprayer they sell at the park.

Just PAY to park for gosh sakes!
Old 07-14-2011, 10:19 AM   #9
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Ahhh...yes...I did forget about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_gordon View Post
If you have an AP you get free parking whether you're staying on-site or off.
Thanks for reminding me.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:45 AM   #10
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
Thanks for reminding me.
It's a handy thing to have when you mess up your GPS and end up entering Epcot instead of leaving the entire area. Just held up the AP, no payment due and made a U-turn. They may have allowed to make a U-turn in any event but why bother worrying about it. Sure was glad to have my trusty AP handy!!
Old 07-14-2011, 10:48 AM   #11
jmpellet
DIS Veteran

Time is money and parking in DTD is probably not worth it.
Clearwater Beach - 4/2009 (Busch Gardens)
Caribe Cove - 2/2009 (Universal/Seaworld/Aquatica)
The Fountains - 12/2008 (Busch Gardens/Universal/Seaworld/Aquatica)
Vista Cay - 10/2008 (Universal/Seaworld)
Horizons/Vistana Villages/Nick - 7/2008 (Busch Gardens/Universal/Seaworld/Aquatica)
Pop Century - 1/2008 (1/2 Marathon for me Goofy for Hubby)
Port Orleans French Quarter - 8/2007
All Star Music - 1/2007 (hubby ran Goofy)
Port Orleans French Quarter - 10/06
Off site - 10/2005
Pop Century - 1/2005 (hubby ran marathon)
Off site - 10/2000
Caribe Royale - 3/1999
Disneyland (Marriott) - 1996
Caribbean Beach - 6/1992
Off site - 4/82
Old 07-14-2011, 10:49 AM   #12
ikaki99
Earning My Ears

Smile Thanks

Hi! thanks for the advice....is not that I didn't want to pay, but in the country I live there are no fees for parks or any other place... as this is a "SERVICE"... I'm thankful and I will surely pay in this case, there was no need to be rude (only some of you)... thanks again!
Old 07-14-2011, 10:59 AM   #13
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Hi! thanks for the advice....is not that I didn't want to pay, but in the country I live there are no fees for parks or any other place... as this is a "SERVICE"... I'm thankful and I will surely pay in this case, there was no need to be rude (only some of you)... thanks again!
I do apologize if I sounded rude. BUT...we get this question all the time, and it is usually from someone who merely wants to save that parking fee. You will find that just about every 'theme' park in this country charges for parking.
BUT....if you head to MK, and pay to park, keep your receipt. You can show it to the parking attendant at, say, Epcot, later that day and you don't have to pay again. You pay for parking only once each day...as long as you keep your parking receipt.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:41 AM   #14
BridgetBordeaux
DIS Veteran

Ikaki99-Sorry you got off to a slightly rough start.....................I want to say----

Welcome to the boards

This really is a helpful forum for all your WDW questions. Please be sure to look over the treads and add some of your own experiences when you get back from your trip.
POP Dec 2009, June/Sept 2010, June/Sept 2011, May/Sept 2012, May/Sept 2013, May/Sept 2014
Old 07-14-2011, 11:53 AM   #15
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness

Quote:
but in the country I live there are no fees for parks or any other place... as this is a "SERVICE"
Welcome to Walt Disney World, a country unto itself.
Closed Thread

Tags
car, disney, free, parking

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: