Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2011, 08:07 PM   #76
Tracy161
DIS Veteran

As long as the drive probably feels at the time, it's gotta be so great to build all the anticipation up for the trip!!! Can't wait to read more!!! You look so cute in your bride shirt!
Old 07-16-2011, 11:37 PM   #77
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy161 View Post
As long as the drive probably feels at the time, it's gotta be so great to build all the anticipation up for the trip!!! Can't wait to read more!!! You look so cute in your bride shirt!
Thank you! It definitely builds anticipation! It's fun to watch the ETA get closer and closer!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-17-2011, 06:48 AM   #78
teachermommy78
DIS Veteran

Following you from my TR! Subbing, but will read later!
1995 Off Property, 2000 Disney Cruise and Wilderness Lodge, 2008 All Star Movies, 2011 POP Century, 2013 Port Orleans Riverside/Polynesian, 2013 Christmas Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 will be BCV, BLT and Port Orleans Riverside

Old 07-17-2011, 08:20 AM   #79
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachermommy78 View Post
Following you from my TR! Subbing, but will read later!
Thanks for coming over!
Old 07-17-2011, 10:45 AM   #80
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

ARRIVAL DAY – Pt. 2

When I last left off, Miguel and I had just laid our eyes on this beautiful sight and we left the real world and entered the world of fantasy and magic for 12 days! Bye-bye real world! Hello Disney World!

Mundane things like road signs and buses seem much more exciting when they’re in Disney, and we’re always so happy to see them for the first time!

We followed those lovely signs until we reached the entrance to the MK parking area!

This was our first time staying at an MK area resort and I was so excited to go through the parking booth to get there! I got over in the far right hand lane, told them we were checking in at the Poly, and off we went! I was a little worried about getting to the Poly, since we had gotten a little turned around before when we came over for dinner on our November trip, and also when we drove to the GF for dinner there once, but luckily, it was super easy to find our resort, and we were entering our tropical paradise in no time!

After a quick stop at the security booth to get my parking pass, we easily navigated the Poly parking lot, parked the car, and got ready to head into the GCH for the first time!

As soon as we approached the entrance to the GCH, I knew without a doubt that we had picked the perfect resort for our honeymoon. I instantly felt transported away into the tropics. The entrance to the Poly is so beautiful!

Once we had taken in the beauty that is the GCH, it was time for the moment of truth! Time to check in! In an effort to save money, I booked us in a Garden View room and had kept my fingers crossed from some pixie dust that would get us an upgrade. I also had requested a specific longhouse, Tokelau, after some great recommendations here. Normally Miguel just kind of wanders around when I check in, but when we’re trying for an upgrade, I always make him come to the desk with me! LOL. It did work for us at AKL, though, so I was hoping it would here, too!

The nice CM checking us in asked if we were celebrating anything special, and I of course told her it was our honeymoon. She got so excited and made a big fuss out of it. She even printed my KTTW with my new last name, and made me sign it for the first time! Then, she opened up a drawer, and I could tell she was going for the buttons! If you read along with my PTR, then you know that after some reading here, I decided we had to have the Just Married buttons since they seem to encourage more congratulations and pixie dust (all honeymooners used to get them, but now they are reserved for couples getting married on Disney property only, and everyone else gets Happily Ever After buttons). I had actually ordered the Just Married buttons on Ebay just a week before our trip, since I was fully expecting to get the Happily Ever After ones. Well, to my surprise, the CM pulled out the Just Married buttons and handed them over to us! Even though we didn’t need them, I was so excited to get them since I knew how elusive they are. I think she actually realized her mistake, because she reached back into the drawer and got some Happily Ever After ones for us as well!

She also let another CM know that we were there celebrating our marriage, and he disappeared into a back room. I was secretly hoping that he was arranging for an upgrade, but he eventually came out with two to-go boxes filled with flowers. It turned out to be real flower leis (instead of the fake ones they give everyone checking in), which they give to honeymooners. I’ll have a picture of them once we get into the room!

Ok, finally time to find out about our room! The CM pulled out the map and circled a longhouse right next to the GCH – Rarotonga, so I knew then that we hadn’t gotten our request of Tokelau. It also seemed from the picture that this particular longhouse didn’t have any MK views, but I kept my hopes up. She gave us some directions, and off we went.

We actually got a little turned around looking for Rarotonga, and we eventually realized that we had exited out of the wrong door at the GCH. So, back in we went and then finally we found it!

Rarotonga is literally steps from the GCH. In fact, I am pretty sure it is the closest longhouse to it. It is also just steps from the Volcano pool, the quiet pool, Captain Cooks and the parking lot. It ended up being the perfect location, since we utilized all of these things frequently. In the end, I was pleased that we didn’t get out LH request, because I just don’t think we would have been as happy at another. We will definitely request Rarotonga when and if we return to the Poly!

We made our way up to the third floor, and to our room! The first thing I did was to look out the window. This was our view!

So sadly, no view of the castle, but the view ended up being perfect for us. I think for a Garden View, a view of the quiet pool was not bad at all. And, we later found out that we could see Wishes from our balcony! (Well, kind of the top half of Wishes, but it’s better than nothing!) We actually ended up seeing at least some part of the show every single night we were there.

Here are our lei pictures that I promised! Sorry the one of me is so blurry!

Ok, on to some room photos!

I couldn’t even get a picture of the room before Miguel had settled in for yet another nap! LOL. So please excuse the bed décor!

I finished up taking some pictures while Miguel slept and then I went out on the balcony to call my family and let then know that we had made it. When I called me dad, he told me that he had been calling the Poly all week trying to get us upgraded, but nothing was available. After I thanked him many times, I assured him that we would be perfectly fine in our current location, and that we loved it so far!

Apparently, Miguel wasn’t too tired because he woke up soon after I started unpacking. He was still tired enough to lay there and watched while I did all the work, though! Haha.

I didn’t take too long for me to get the suitcases unpacked, since I had put all of our park clothes in Ziplock bags. I just put all the bags in a drawer, and then we each had a separate drawer for shorts, and one for bathing suits. It worked out really well! I put all of our hanging clothes, my bags and our shoes in one section of the closet, and used the other side of the closet to store our suitcases.

After unpacking, we only had about 30 minutes or so until our dinner at ‘Ohana, so I freshened up a bit, and we both got dressed in our best tropical gear! We were excited for our first evening of our honeymoon!

Up Next: Dinner at ‘Ohana and Wishes on the Poly Beach.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:59 AM   #81
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Lovely update Courtney! I like that the CM made a fuss of you guys when you checked in - and congrats getting those Just Married pins.. I also bought mine on ebay (for about $10 lol)

That's so strange... my DH often needs a nap just when it's time to unpack the suitcases hehe!

Emma x
Old 07-17-2011, 11:02 AM   #82
centipede
All good girls gather.

This was such an exciting post to me and it made me completely jealous! I remember riding the boat back from a day at the Magic Kingdom when I was little and seeing the Poly all lit up at night. I swore up and down that I would honeymoon there when I grew up, but it just isn't in our budget. Maybe I'll at least talk the fiance into popping over for dinner.

Speaking of, I love the earrings that you wore to Ohana. My ears are stretched so I can only wear plugs. Since I can't wear normal earrings anymore, I constantly find myself "oohing" and "ahhing" over them.

Can't wait to read more.

Me , Devon , Jack (9), Nigel (7), Archer (4), baby Reed

My 2012 Disneymoon PTR!
Old 07-17-2011, 11:05 AM   #83
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Even though it may not have the best view, it does sound like your room had the best location!
Old 07-17-2011, 11:06 AM   #84
starann
In having children, I have lost my mind, but found my soul

How sweet of your dad to try and get you guys an upgrade!!!!!! Too bad it didn't work out, but sweet nonetheless!

We had Ressies for dinner at Ohana but ended up skipping it (as we had gotten into a small fight beforehand and hadn't made up yet!) so it is on my list for next trip as a MUST do! WE have done b'fast there twice before and enjoyed it, but dinner always sounds so yummy!

As for Miguel sitting there watching you unpack...welcome to marriage!!! LOL! Just kidding, but it does sound like something my DH will do...watch me do while he sits!
Cody 12-19-03 and Shane 2-23-05
Casey 5-13-11
and last..........
Our little 'Souvenir' who arrived 6 weeks early, Josephine 4-24-14

You Brought WHAT Home From WDW?!?!?!?! A Setp 2013 TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post49731870
Old 07-17-2011, 11:24 AM   #85
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybarbie View Post
Lovely update Courtney! I like that the CM made a fuss of you guys when you checked in - and congrats getting those Just Married pins.. I also bought mine on ebay (for about $10 lol)

That's so strange... my DH often needs a nap just when it's time to unpack the suitcases hehe!

Emma x
Thanks, Emma! I was so surprised when she gave us the buttons! I think I spent about $15 on my Ebay ones!

It does seem like it's always the ladies doing the unpacking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by centipede View Post
This was such an exciting post to me and it made me completely jealous! I remember riding the boat back from a day at the Magic Kingdom when I was little and seeing the Poly all lit up at night. I swore up and down that I would honeymoon there when I grew up, but it just isn't in our budget. Maybe I'll at least talk the fiance into popping over for dinner.

Speaking of, I love the earrings that you wore to Ohana. My ears are stretched so I can only wear plugs. Since I can't wear normal earrings anymore, I constantly find myself "oohing" and "ahhing" over them.

Can't wait to read more.
You should definitely go over to the Poly one night for dinner! You really are transported away over there. It is a lovely place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Even though it may not have the best view, it does sound like your room had the best location!
The location really was great. We loved Rarotonga! It's strange because that's never a longhouse that I hear about much here, but I really don't know how you could get a better location. And the view wasn't too bad! It was nice to be able to see at least some of Wishes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starann View Post
How sweet of your dad to try and get you guys an upgrade!!!!!! Too bad it didn't work out, but sweet nonetheless!

We had Ressies for dinner at Ohana but ended up skipping it (as we had gotten into a small fight beforehand and hadn't made up yet!) so it is on my list for next trip as a MUST do! WE have done b'fast there twice before and enjoyed it, but dinner always sounds so yummy!

As for Miguel sitting there watching you unpack...welcome to marriage!!! LOL! Just kidding, but it does sound like something my DH will do...watch me do while he sits!
It was very sweet of him! You must do 'Ohana for dinner! It is our absolute favorite! It's great if you can get an ADR around Wishes, too.
Old 07-17-2011, 12:08 PM   #86
Princess_K
DIS Veteran

That stinks you didn't get your room request, but it sounds likes you had a great one nonetheless. How sweet your dad kept trying for an upgrade!

That's awesome the CM did so much at check-in. Definitely a good way to start your honeymoon.

You look so pretty in your dress!

May 2012...POFQ May 2010...Poly Dec 2008...CSR May 2007...CSR July 2001...Off-site July 1997...CBR July 1995...ASSp
Old 07-17-2011, 12:17 PM   #87
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_K View Post
That stinks you didn't get your room request, but it sounds likes you had a great one nonetheless. How sweet your dad kept trying for an upgrade!

That's awesome the CM did so much at check-in. Definitely a good way to start your honeymoon.

You look so pretty in your dress!
Thank you!

I was disappointed at first that we didn't get upgraded, or our request, but it all worked out ok! We really couldn't have asked for a better room!
Old 07-17-2011, 02:08 PM   #88
DisneyCrafter
DIS Veteran

Alas, it wasn't meant to be to have MK view or your longhouse request! Everything worked out great in the end! That was very nice of your Dad to try to upgrade you but summer is a busy time of year for WDW!

Can't wait to hear about your first evening in WDW!

Old 07-17-2011, 02:11 PM   #89
amazingact21
Upendi

What a sweet thing for your dad to do for you. And despite the fact that it didn't work out, I'm glad you guys still enjoyed your room. From the pictures, it looks gorgeous! And your dress for 'Ohana's is adorable!
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Current Reports: Why, My Little Guppy Has Groupies!- A December 2013 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 07-17-2011, 02:34 PM   #90
dreamerchic33
Mouseketeer

as always, AWESOME update! xo

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: