Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2012, 08:36 PM   #1
jessiegirl84
Mouseketeer

2 Aussies escape the heat... The most magical trip ever !

Hello,

I started my pre-trip report before we left but i really didn't get to spend much time on it before we left.

Here is a quick re-cap, my name is Jess and my boyfriends name is Dave.
We are from Brisbane in Australia.
We travelled to America in 2010 and had one day at Disneyland, and it was probably one of the best days of our entire trip and I ended up being away from home for 3months, that was an amazing day.

In Brisbane, we don't get snow at all, and I have only seen snow once and seem as how we love America, we decided to plan a winter wonderland christmas 2011 holiday which included Florida and Walt Disney World yah yah !

Unfortunately, we didn't get our white christmas which was very disappointing, but I did get the best christmas present I could even imagine.. But you'll have to wait , although if you check out my pre-trip report you'll see a sneak preview hehe.

We decided to stay at Pop Century Hotel, because the place looked like it was so much fun! We stayed from Sunday 11 December to Friday 17 December.

Here is a picture of me, Jess. This was at Disneyland.

And here is a picture of Dave. Also at Disneyland, he just got off Splash Mountain hehe he got a bit wet.

Hopefully you will stick around

Day 1 - http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...29&postcount=2
Day 2, Part 1 - http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...0&postcount=11
Day 2, Part 2 - http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...2&postcount=14
Day 3 -http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...7&postcount=16
Day 4, Part 1 - http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...6&postcount=17
Day 4, Part 2 - http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...5&postcount=18
Day 5 - http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...3&postcount=22
Day 6 - http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...9&postcount=24

Jess & Dave - 2 Aussies engaged and married in the most magical place on earth!

Last edited by jessiegirl84; 04-29-2012 at 02:28 AM.
Old 02-18-2012, 09:01 PM   #2
jessiegirl84
Mouseketeer

Ok lets start

Day 1. Really it was day 4 of our USA trip hang on, maybe I should have listed out what our plan was for our a week week trip.

Brisbane to LA - 4 Nights
LA to Orlando - 6 Nights
Orlando to Miami - 3 Nights
Miami to Boston - 3 Nights
Boston to New York - 9 Nights
New York to Las Vegas - 4 nights
Las Vegas to LA to Brisbane

Ok now lets get back to Day 1 of Disney It was our favourite part of the trip!

We had an early flight at 6AM so that means our van picked us up at 3AM uggh! and we didn't go to bed until 11pm so we were so so tired when the alarm went off!
We bought some sprinkles cupcakes while we were in LA and we didn't end up eating them all, so Dave ended up eating them at 3AM haha early breakfast.

After a long day of travelling, we had a stop over in Miami and by then I knew we were so so close to Disney! I was almost jumping out of my skin.
Finally our plane landed in Orlando about 4PM, but oh man our bags took so long to come out, has anyone else experienced this long wait!? Then it took forever to figure out how to find the Disney Magical Express, but finally we found it!

Then we got directed to our hotel bus.. By this time I was seriously jumping for joy, tears in my eyes finally we had made it!

And then we saw our bus.. Yah! I have read so many people's Trip Reports here and I had dreamed and wished I could experience all of this. We got on the bus and I was literally crying tears of joy! Finally we were heading to DisneyWorld! We waited and waited for others to get on the bus and then we were off ! Yah, the movie started and soon enough we were at Pop Century! It was bigger and better than I expected.

We quickly checked it and we got given some first visit buttons, again feeling so so excited!! but unfortunately we didn't get my king size bed request. But they said they could move us the next day, so we decided to do that. They were so nice on the desk. We got up to room and it was pretty cool, to be honest I don't even remember what room or building we were in!

We were pretty hungry so we jumped on a bus and headed for downtown disney! But it had just started to rain boo! Please go away rain!

I didn't bother to make reservations for dinner, because I wasn't sure what time we would arrive, so I decided to try our luck at the Rainforest Cafe, yah we got in! It was such an awesome restaurant, all the animals coming to life, the rain and storm and lightening shows, very very cool !

We had a yummy dinner, we took ages to decide on what we wanted, but finally Dave ordered the Tribal Salmon and I ordered the Tuscan Chicken it was so so good!

After dinner, we went for a walk around, we bought a few things at the Christmas Shop and then into the Art of Disney, and then finally we saw it ... aahh the massive World of Disney Store. I was so excited, as our only Disney Store in Brisbane closed so so many years ago, so I've had been deprived!
WoW this shop was bigger than anything I've seen before! Wow. We spent a bit in time in there, I don't think I bought anything we were starting to get a bit sleepy, the 3AM wake up call was starting to catch up on us.

We made it back to Pop, loving the bus system and for the whole trip we arrived at the bus stop just as a bus was arriving or only 5 mins away, except for a few times, it was awesome! So back at pop ready to crash, but we had one more stop. We went into Everything Pop to pick up our refillable cups, gosh they are awesome I do have to say! Plus used one of my snack credits on tie-dye cheesecake yummo!

Finally about 10.30PM we crashed! We had had a big day, but I went to sleep knowing we were in the happiest place on earth and it was living up to our expectations and we hadn't even step foot in a park yet!

Thanks for reading, up next Day 2, early Breakfast with Pooh & his friends

Last edited by jessiegirl84; 02-18-2012 at 09:37 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2012, 12:13 AM   #3
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Subbing in! Great start.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
Old 02-19-2012, 02:23 AM   #4
jessiegirl84
Mouseketeer

Thank you

Can you tell me if the pictures are too big ? I'm having some issues with Photobucket.

Old 02-19-2012, 02:33 AM   #5
PrincessInOz
in

The pictures seem okay. They are a little on the large size; but if you're selecting the large option in PB, then it's doing what its meant to do.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 02-19-2012, 05:00 AM   #6
Mum from oz
DIS Veteran

Great start! The photos look fine to me. Maybe they sorted themselves out.
2013 - Vegas Wedding, Western Caribbean Fantasy Cruise, WDW 1st time onsite!!
Old 02-19-2012, 05:47 AM   #7
bizeemom4
DIS Veteran

Hi, Jess. Subscribing to your report.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:25 PM   #8
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Sign me up coach! I'm in. Pics are small at the time of this post but that might be me if others are okay. Looking forward to your TR.

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
Old 02-19-2012, 03:02 PM   #9
PrincessInOz
in

You resized your pics. I liked them a little larger...but these are okay too.

Old 02-19-2012, 06:09 PM   #10
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcaks & Booze, Running PHM

I am so ready to find out more....
Old 02-22-2012, 04:51 AM   #11
jessiegirl84
Mouseketeer

Ok so how did we finish off? Yes, us totally being exhausted and collapsing in bed on our first night.

So we got up super early and jumped on the bus and headed straight for Magic Kingdom. Our bus turned up only after 5mins of waiting, we were thinking wow this was awesome! We had an important date at the Crystal Palace for breakfast with Winnie the Pooh and his friends.

Finally we arrived and I was again jumping for joy, with tears in my eyes, finally finally after months of stalking these boards we were here!

We entered the park and it was really great having an early 810am breakfast reservation as the park was really empty. We turned the corner and were faced with the best sight. Beautiful christmas decorations and the castle in the distance.

Then we got a bit closer, and the castle is so so beautiful. We stopped and had a few pictures with the photopass photographers. But I was concerned that we would get caught up and so we rushed off to the Crystal Palace.

We didn't have to wait long and our names got called. The characters weren't over yet so we raced off and got some breaky. I got some eggs, bacon and the famous mickey waffles yum yum!

Finally the characters came out and they were a lot of fun. Tigger then Winnie the Pooh then Eeyore and then finally Piglet.

After we left breakfast, it started to rain We walked through adventure land, walked up the Treehouse, the camel spit on me from the Aladdin Magic Carpets haha I wondered what that was. We keeping walking around and it was probably only 930am, but there was no crowds, maybe the rain was holding many people back.
We walked past splash mountain and I hesitated I didn't want to get wet haha, yes really funny because it was already raining! So we decided to go on Big Thunder mountain rail road. It was great, we loved that ride! Then we walked over to the Haunted Mansion ride.

Look how empty it was, and the rain had started to come down a lot, so we had about a 10minute wait, so we decided to go around the new entrance, it was fun.

It was very cool !
We love this ride, I think we rode it quite a few times during our stay!

Afterwards we walked around to its a small world ride, and the rain was starting to come down a bit, so everyone was hurrying into the ride to escape the ride hehe! I love this ride, I know lots of people don't but we just enjoyed sining along, but the song does get stuck in our heads for the rest of the day!

Then we went over to Peter Pan's Flight and we ended up grabbing our first ever fast passes! We were very excited haha, its the small simple things that excited us! And maybe they knew we were first timers because it gave us a bonus fast pass for Mickeys Philhilmagic!

After we went to the show, which was awesome we really enjoyed it! then flew with Peter Pan, we walked towards winnie the pooh and tried to peak into the new fantasyland. We are so excited about coming back to visit to new fantasyland!

We were starting to get a bit hungry so we headed towards tomorrowland. We stopped in for lunch at Cosmic Rays. We were on the quick service dining plan, we managed to add the free dining not long before we left, we were quite lucky we got so much food! It was ok, I don't even remember what we had, but it was ok, nothing really special. probably why i didn't write much about it.

After we finished lunch, we were going to get fast passes for space mountain, but then decided we will come back later for the parade and fireworks, but we noticed that Buzz Lightyear ride had only a 10minute standby time, so figured we may as well give it a go.

We absolutely loved this ride! We thought it was a lot of fun! Our picture that they took was so funny, so much concentration on our faces! Dave won that round but don't worry we played this again a few more times!

So we headed out of the park and back to Pop !
Update in the next post

quick update... just going back through my pictures and we ended up staying for the 3pm Celebrate a Dream Come true Parade! It was so much fun, we got place opposite the castle! I really need to practice my camera skills as so many of pictures of parades didn't turn out well, and the other half have peoples heads or hands in the way haha, does anyone else have this problem!?

Last edited by jessiegirl84; 02-22-2012 at 04:59 AM.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:00 AM   #12
PrincessInOz
in

That's a lovely picture of you and Eeyore. And I like the size of your pictures better!

Despite the rain, it's always a bonus to have an empty park to yourselves.

Old 02-22-2012, 05:22 AM   #13
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

Yay Australian trip reports! Seems so rewarding getting to wdw when you have to spend a million hours on a plane!
Looking forward to hearing about your adventures
Old 02-22-2012, 05:28 AM   #14
jessiegirl84
Mouseketeer

So after heading back to Pop Century, we went and refilled our mugs. We loved these!

We headed into the Everything Pop Store, we loved this store so much cool stuff and everything we need was there!

We decided to walk around the hotel and explore a little! How awesome is this hotel!!

The very cool hippy dippy pool !

I was born in the 80's!

Twister!! Love this game!

We seriously couldn't get over how big everything was! Dave looks so small !

One of the other pools

I think after we explored the hotel, we stopped in and had something to eat, I can't remember what we ate though, should have taken more notes sorry!

After grabbing a quick dinner, we headed back to Magic Kingdom for the Main Street Electrical Parade. We really enjoyed this parade. I really wish though I had a better camera, plus we should have got there a bit earlier, as a lot of my pics have peoples heads and arms in them hehe. Here are a few.

After the parade, we turned the corner onto main street, wow the castle took our breaths away, it was so beautiful!

We realised that the fireworks were starting soon, so we tried to make our way down to the front of the castle, it was so packed, the rain kept everyone away during the day, but everyone was back for the fireworks! We got as far as we could go, and waited for the fireworks, we were in a pretty good position. here is a few pictures

The perfect way to end our 2nd day in the happiest place on earth!

Up next: We took a day trip out to the Kennedy Space Centre.. eek away from the magic.!

Thank you all for reading

Old 02-29-2012, 05:31 AM   #15
BecBennett
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.

It's not your photo taking skills, it's those stupid people who have heads and hands!!! They ruin everyone's photos!!

You got some really good photos, the one from the very front of the park is amazing! There's no one in it!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: