Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > California & the West
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2011, 05:57 PM   #1
metta4
Mouseketeer

Best, most reliable directions...

Do I trust mapquest, my mom's garmin or a good old map? We are needing to find our way from San Diego (hotel is Holiday Inn San Diego on the Bay) to Carlsbad and then from Carlsbad to Anaheim (HOJO). For SD to Carlsbad we are leaving on a Tuesday morning to get to Legoland. Then on Tueday night we will leave Legoland and drive to Anaheim. What is the best resource to use that will be teh most accurate. I have not had good luck with my mother's garmin...
Thanks for your thoughts...

April 2005 - AKL/WDW
June 2005- POR/WDW
July 2011 - DLR
metta4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 06:44 PM   #2
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Both of these drives are very strait forward, I would just print off maps.

Leave the Holiday inn making a right, go right onto Rosecrans. Down about a half mile then left(look for the sign indicating I5) forget the road name. Take I-5 north, exit on Cannon, LL will be on the right on Legoland Dr.

From there to Hojo return to I-5, go north on I-5.

Three options, exit on Katella and make a left, right on Harbor, Right on Manchester, Hojo is on the left.

Or from the carpool lane which will drop you onto Disney Way(Disneyland exit), take a right on Manchester. Make a right on Manchester/Clementine, Hojo is on the right.

Last option is to Exit on Harbor go left. Left onto Manchester, Hojo is on the left.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-13-2011, 06:57 PM   #3
metta4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
Both of these drives are very strait forward, I would just print off maps.

Leave the Holiday inn making a right, go right onto Rosecrans. Down about a half mile then left(look for the sign indicating I5) forget the road name. Take I-5 north, exit on Cannon, LL will be on the right on Legoland Dr.

From there to Hojo return to I-5, go north on I-5.

Three options, exit on Katella and make a left, right on Harbor, Right on Manchester, Hojo is on the left.

Or from the carpool lane which will drop you onto Disney Way(Disneyland exit), take a right on Manchester. Make a right on Manchester/Clementine, Hojo is on the right.

Last option is to Exit on Harbor go left. Left onto Manchester, Hojo is on the left.

Awesome..thanks! I will print off maps and use your information!
Am I reight to assume that it may take 1-2 hrs to get from SD to Carlsbad Tues am..figure we will check out around 9am. Then tuesday night..after 7pm or 8pm , it will take about an hr to Anaheim?

April 2005 - AKL/WDW
June 2005- POR/WDW
July 2011 - DLR
metta4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 09:05 AM   #4
woody73
Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen
Never liked the idea of using a snorkel after someone else

I use standard maps from the auto club and Mapquest self-printed maps for detail.

The auto club maps mark points of interest (such as vista points and scenic views) that I would miss if I only used Mapquest.

Woody
woody73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:53 AM   #5
splash5
DIS Veteran

Cool

That brings back memories. We did the same trip about 9 years ago. (DS is now 17) We started in San Diego and did the Zoo and SeaWorld, then LegoLand and then on to Disneyland. It was a blast and we still talk about the trip.
splash5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 01:17 PM   #6
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by metta4 View Post
Awesome..thanks! I will print off maps and use your information!
Am I reight to assume that it may take 1-2 hrs to get from SD to Carlsbad Tues am..figure we will check out around 9am. Then tuesday night..after 7pm or 8pm , it will take about an hr to Anaheim?
From the Hotel to LL should be more like 30min to 1hr. It's not too far and if you are getting in the car at 9am traffic will be calming down. Due to the possibility of light traffic that's why I would estimate 30 to 60 minutes.

I would try to be at LL early so you can get in and on rides quickly. Same strategy of morning crowds that you would use at DL.

From LL to the Hojo probably more than an hour by a little. Even though it's about 60 miles and traffic will move at 65-75mph I find it takes a little longer than an hour.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: