Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Gay and Lesbian at Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2011, 08:54 AM   #1
mikelan6
World Traveler, Usually Optimistic

Dating Website

Has anyone tried using CompatiblePartners.com? It's the GLBT version of e-harmony.

I'm always reluctant to use one of those as they charge a monthly fee to reply to people, etc.
Old 08-06-2011, 01:14 AM   #2
aquahollic
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelan6 View Post
Has anyone tried using CompatiblePartners.com? It's the GLBT version of e-harmony.

I'm always reluctant to use one of those as they charge a monthly fee to reply to people, etc.

I know this comes a little late so not sure if it's any help but I did in fact use compatiblepartners.com. It sparked a few email conversations with some women but in the end Match.com was where DP and I found each other. Compatible partners, while supposedly matching you with people of your same interests, paired me with some women that weren't exactly my cup of tea so to speak. I'm not sure what that says about me but let's just say the email conversations were interesting and didn't last very long. Maybe it's just that I limited my surrounding area too much in searching that site. . I can't say anything particularly bad about it though so if you are still looking it couldn't hurt to try it.

Last edited by aquahollic; 08-06-2011 at 01:16 AM. Reason: edited for spelling because I'm a grammar nerd!
aquahollic is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-24-2011, 05:51 PM   #3
justAglance
Earning My Ears

This might also be a bit late, and not like how you think. I was on the site for a few months... and it was like visiting a morgue. Just a few profile pics in a row. I forgot how far I expanded the search for myself but I only had 22 profiles at the most.

In any case, I recently closed my account and got an email saying that the site itself will be closing Sept 14.
justAglance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 01:11 PM   #4
mikelan6
World Traveler, Usually Optimistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by justAglance View Post
This might also be a bit late, and not like how you think. I was on the site for a few months... and it was like visiting a morgue. Just a few profile pics in a row. I forgot how far I expanded the search for myself but I only had 22 profiles at the most.

In any case, I recently closed my account and got an email saying that the site itself will be closing Sept 14.
The website that is shutting down is Connexxion, not CompatiblePartners.
Old 08-25-2011, 01:35 PM   #5
tig82174
...but the most wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one!!

Two cents to add to the conversation....

I haven't used any of those sites (I was fortunate enough to quite literally bump into my partner of 9 years....and husband of 1 month today! ) at a community fundraiser event......

....however, if I had to choose a site to use to connect I, too, woudl go with match.com. Isn't the owner of e-harmony kind of rabidly homophobic? And that partner site he set up for gay couples he only did so begrudgingly because he got sued or feared getting sued? I feel like I remember that being the case...and if it is, I wouldn't want my monthly membership fees going into his pocket
Old 08-25-2011, 07:45 PM   #6
justAglance
Earning My Ears

I just rechecked my phone and your right, it was connexxion.
justAglance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 08:28 AM   #7
jeffmilw
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

I've used it off and on... each time I'm disappointed...

Soooooooooo many of the profiles don't have pics. Not that I'm hung up on looks, but it's pointless to do online dating if you can't see the other person!!

They always seem to wooo me back with a "great" rate to try it again... Which of course, I do... then, let that lapse because I'm disappointed again.

Its a vicious circle!
jeffmilw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 06:48 PM   #8
SpectroMan71
Mouseketeer

Haven't tried that one, but have recently completed 3 months on match.com. Met some nice guys who LOVED me, but I didn't return the sentiments. Kind of frustrating. Waiting now for a fantastic renewal offer, otherwise I'll just let fate take over
SpectroMan71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 01:13 PM   #9
unfreshdiva1
DIS Veteran

Don't laugh but we found each other on Manhunt.com. just celebrated 4 years together (silly me - i thought it was a dating site at the time).
Old 11-13-2011, 04:25 PM   #10
SpectroMan71
Mouseketeer

LMAO! That is hysterical but very glad to hear it!
SpectroMan71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: