Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2011, 09:16 PM   #1
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Red face “IT’S OUR MOTHER DAUGHTER TRIP!” Our Spontaneous Getaway - April 2011 COMPLETE 9/13

Calling all Mothers, Daughters, and Disney Lovers out there!

It is my pleasure to welcome you to my third ever Trip Report here on disboards!

If you have read my other 2 trip reports before, welcome back for yet another story! Thank you so much for being a loyal reader! I really, truly appreciate it!

For those of you who are new, I’m so grateful that you decided to stop in today!

Here’s a little back information for you all. This is actually my Third Disney Vacation that I have taken this year.

The first trip of the year was my Graduation Present. It took place in January, and I went with my best friends Kristen, Vickie, and my Mom. The trip report is titled:

The Port Report: Frumpin Around the World with the Bathrobe Princesses (:

That is probably the more thorough trip report of the two - there are even youtube videos of our entire trip that you are welcome to watch! If you are my age, love princesses, or ever have wanted to go to Disney World with your best friends, this is definitely the Trip Report for you!

Then I went again in February with my family, and that trip report is still in progress! It is called:

"She's Looking at Food Pictures Again!" ★ A February Family Vacation!

This Trip Report is more classic - documenting the adventures of my family (and our restaurant choices) on our Disney Vacation!

And now this trip report is about my 3rd Disney visit of the year, and I spent it with my Mom!

If you haven’t read my other two trip reports yet, you are welcome to do so! (actually, I encourage it!) Just click on the names of either one that I listed. Both of those Trip Reports would be in your great interest if you enjoy this one… or if you like Disney in general

If you’re wondering why we have gone so many times this year…….

No, we’re not insane.

We just have annual passes!! And we’re trying to use them to the max! (well… as much as you can when you live 3 hours away by plane. ) And we also have a great love for Disney!

So, for all of you new readers out there, thank you so much for choosing to click on my Trip Report! I hope you enjoy your time reading! And I hope I live up to my job as the writer!

And for all of my previous followers, I hope you enjoy this Trip Report as much as the others!

So, without further ado, I am very happy to welcome you to....

“IT’S OUR MOTHER DAUGHTER TRIP!” Our Spontaneous Getaway - April 2011

Let the trip report commence!

Who went on this trip?

Well, there’s just two of us this time.

Jess

That’s me! I am your trip report writer this evening. (or morning… depending on when you are reading. ) I have been raised on Disney, and have been happily addicted since a very young age. I, unfortunately, cannot give you an exact number of how many times I have been to Disney World because… I don’t even know myself! But my rough estimate would be 20-25 times. Disney music probably consumes my iPod more than songs you would hear on the radio. My room is decorated in Disney. (pictures, snowglobes, a tinkerbell comforter… the whole nine yards!) My car has a Minnie antenna topper, a Mickey decal on the back, my key chains are all princesses, and I have a Little Mermaid house key. My senior superlative was voted "Princess" because everyone knows I'm the Disney Girl - it was even mentioned in the Salutatorian's speech at Graduation! My only life plan I've had since I was 12 years old was to do the College Internship Program at Disney World! (which I need to look into soon!) I am actually more excited for that than college itself, which is quickly approaching in the fall. And lastly, my greatest dream in life is to be Jasmine in Disney World. (and that is NOT because I have a childish crush on Aladdin )

So yes. Can you say obsessed? I can. But I have come to accept that is just who I am!

And my travel companion...

Mother!

Mother is one of my best friends and one of my favorite Disney buddies! She is all for spontaneous trips to Disney (such as this one!) and I think she enjoys them just as much as I do. She is such a sweetheart, can talk to anybody, (especially all of her new “friends” she makes in Disney World) and is an absolutely wonderful Mother! I really love going to Disney with her because, just like me, she understands the magic and never gets tired of it!

So, what is the back-story behind this trip?

Well, there were a lot of thoughts going into this spontaneous getaway. I always had in mind that I wanted to go for my 18th birthday, which is actually May 8th. (We were there on April 8th. Close Enough.) Also, Mother’s Day was May 8th this year, so our idea of doing our long awaited Mother-Daughter trip seemed very appropriate. And my Mom and I always wanted to go to the Flower and Garden Festival and really explore everything about it.

So one night, My Mom and I were looking at the calendar for days we could go that spring. The only time we really could go was that next weekend! We looked at flights, called up DVC, saw what was available, and came to the delightful conclusion that we should just book it! Why the heck not?!

We got the okay from my Dad, set up our ADR’s (that changed several times over the course of our trip!) and were ready to go in a couple of days!

I’m so glad we are the type of people who can just get up and go! Because this was one of my favorite trips of all time!

When was this trip?

April 7th- April 11th, 2011

Yes, I know it’s now July. But I have been taking more trips that I can keep up with this year! Not that that’s a bad thing. I hope you still enjoy it, even though it's a few months late!

Food?

We were NOT on the Disney Dining Plan. AGAIN!
I don’t know why, but when I’m there with my family, we just never do it. But don’t worry, we ate just as much food as you would expect us to eat if we were on the plan. (if not more!) We probably made an ADR for almost every meal since we were only there for a short time.

Where did we stay?

A studio at Animal Kingdom Lodge in Kidani Village!

And hopefully that is everything!

Leave as many comments as you can think of – I love them! Thank you so much for reading along, I truly appreciate your presence!

We hope you enjoy our Magical Mother Daughter Trip!

Here we go…. Off to Disney World….!
(I hope you caught the Peter Pan reference there!)

Last edited by Disneyfreak508; 09-13-2011 at 10:43 PM.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:21 PM   #2
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Table of Contents

Prelude:
Calling all Mothers, Daughters, and Disney Lovers out there!

Our Vacation:

Day 1 - April 7th, 2011
Chapter 1: Travel Time!
Chapter 2: Jiko
Chapter 3: Jambo! Welcome Home!

Day 2 - April 8th, 2011
Chapter 4: "Our First Stop is Disney's Polynesian Resort!"
Chapter 5: Please Stand Clear of... My Chocolate?
Chapter 6: The Plaza
Chapter 7: Prom - Who Are You Going With?
Chapter 8: Flower and Garden Goodness
Chapter 9: Les Chefs de France

Day 3 - April 9th, 2011
Chapter 10: Boma Breakfast and The Wonders of Life
Chapter 11: Faith, Trust, and Butterflies
Chapter 12: Traveling the World - One Flower at a Time
Chapter 13 - Meeting My Man
Chapter 14 - "There Comes a Lion, Oh Yes, It's a Lion"
Chapter 15 - Sanaa

Day 4 - April 10th, 2011
Chapter 16 - Animal Kingdom. ROAR.
Chapter 17 - Yak and Yeti
Chapter 18 - Via Napoli
Chapter 19 - Our Magical Finale

Day 5 - April 11th, 2011
Chapter 20 - So Long, Farewell...

Wrap Up
Chapter 21 - "Wrappin' It Up, That Hot Sauce Feelin'...."

Real Life Updates:
Real Life Update #1: Dorm Room and Christmas Suggestions Please

New Trip Report:
Post In This Thread: Here We Go, August, Here We Go! *Clap, Clap*
Actual Trip Report: "There’s NO Sleeping in Disney!” SURPRISE - The Frumps Are Back Again!

Last edited by Disneyfreak508; 09-15-2011 at 01:03 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2011, 09:52 PM   #3
mermaid764
DIS Veteran

Yay you started

I am definitely here!

I have to ask, where did you get the pink dress you're wearing in that pic, it is sooo pretty!!

Can't wait for more

Old 07-11-2011, 09:56 PM   #4
ZFamily5
DIS Veteran

I'm in! I lurked on your previous TRs but decided to stop in and say hi!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2750029

2013 Disneyland Paris PTR:
Pixie Dust in Paris!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post47067772

2013 Disneyland Paris TR:
"She Ate Human!"
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3135334
Old 07-11-2011, 10:13 PM   #5
Lucys2200
Mouseketeer

Yay! I'm excited to read your TR I read your graduation TR and loved it, you guys were so cute and fun!
Old 07-12-2011, 12:52 AM   #6
disneydreaminA115
Long time lurker - coming out to play!

YAY! I'm in!

*The evening star is shining bright, so make a wish and hold on tight, there's magic in the air tonight and anything could happen*

Grand Floridian Dec 2012 - The Sweetest Little Disneymoon Ever! **In Progress**
POP/POFQ Dec 2011 - Eating and Napping Our Way Through The World - A First Timers Black Friday Trip Report!
Old 07-12-2011, 12:55 AM   #7
Jazzabelle508
Live, Laugh, Love and Disney <3 :)

I'm in I love mother daughter trips My mom and I go on one every year. our next one will be in the 2nd week of january so i'm sooooo psyched. can't wait to hear about your trip
Pottermore: GoldThorn119 Twitter Page: Jazzyjen508

Old 07-12-2011, 01:09 AM   #8
Vwdiva93
DIS Veteran

Hi there! Joining in. I lurked on your past 2 TRs. I love your pink dress in the first pic, I bought the same one on my last trip. The print is just so adorable that I had to get it our first night there! lol
Old 07-12-2011, 04:26 AM   #9
fnrsgrl
Mouseketeer

I'm here again! I have read the first one and what is finished of the second one, and I'm really enjoying them!

2002- Yacht Club and All-Star Music; 2007 AKL and All-star Movies/DCL; 2008- All-Star Movies; Feb. 2010- POR; 2012- POR/DCL; 2013- POR
Me & DH, Bond, KP, Carbon and Sprinkles
Please check out my first PTR, Sea Ya Real Soon: A Dreamy Pre-Trip Report, my NEW PTR, There's No Place Like Your Second Home for the Holidays--A Very Merry Christmas-y PTR And my first TR, A Veritable Explosion of Pixie Dust
Old 07-12-2011, 05:50 AM   #10
mimiloveswdw
Proud Hufflepuff

Joining in!! Does Kristen know you started? She's usually one of the first ones here I just wanted to say your trip reports are becoming those that I see the username and get excited to click on because I've read every one! Can't wait to hear how your trip was, especially since you were at AKL, currently my favorite! Anyway, I'll be reading!

Listen with your heart; you will understand. Let it break upon you like a wave upon the sand.
All of time and space; everywhere and anywhere; every star that ever was. Where do you want to start?
It means no worries for the rest of your days. It's our problem-free philosophy: Hakuna Matata!
Now I'm climbing the walls. But you don't notice at all...that I'm going out of my mind, all day and all night.
People do crazy things...when they're in love.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:32 AM   #11
snowwhite325
Another Tag Dreamer... pinch me, am I sleeping?

I didn't know you took a solo trip with your mother! Can't wait to hear all about it

Old 07-12-2011, 08:46 AM   #12
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

You know I'm in! (: That's so great you went for a quick trip with your mom, so sweet

to the accommodation of choice, love AKL

Can't wait to read all about this trip!
Old 07-12-2011, 11:32 AM   #13
disneylovin24
~Let It Go~

Im here to read another one of your great TR!

BTW, the dress you are wearing in the first picture is adorable!!!

Old 07-12-2011, 03:26 PM   #14
basketkat
DIS Veteran

I'm so excited for another one of your trip reports! I can't wait to hear about all of you and your moms adventures!

'01-Off Property '02-All Star Movies Honeymoon '10- All Star Movies'11- Coronado Springs'12- Dream Cruise to Bahamas/Wilderness Lodge'12- Disneyland
Old 07-12-2011, 04:20 PM   #15
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

Location: Second star to the right, and straight on til morning

I'm here, of course! I can't ever miss one of your TRs!

***What Means "Ay, Caramba?"--Famous for Family of the Day, a Sept TR--IN PROGRESS!!

Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-YouTube & Mobile Device-Friendly Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-Vimeo Version
Instagram: disneyjenn1

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: