Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2011, 09:27 AM   #121
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Hope you are having fun in Oregon! I know your weather is better than ours for sure.

It's felt weird the past few days not 'talking' to you
Oh I know!!! I have been chatting on FB though, and especially after Disney released their latest deal, tho it doesnt seem like it is going to do us any good!!!! LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Such a traveling bunch you are! Have fun on all these excursions, and be safe. We'll look forward to hearing all about your cruise fun when you get back to it.

And I'll hold you to showing me the other shuffleboard picture.
Oh I will!!! I have it in Photo Bucket! I might get an update out today! It is 8:30 here..

We are having a great time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneylovin24 View Post
Enjoy your west coast trip

We will all be here patiently waiting for your return and the rest of your TR

Oh I will be back soon, too soon it always seems like!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
Have a great time out west!
Thanks! We are!! I have GOT to get caught up on your TR!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Hope you are having a great time out West! I suspect you are from all the neat pictures you are posting on Facebook! Soak up these last weeks of fun! School started off with a bang this week for us -- I don't feel like I have stopped doing, doing, doing since Monday.
Oh I know I know how that first week is BELIEVE me! I am not looking forward to it.. It always rushes in like that, and then it calms down.. I am glad the beginning of the year went off well!!!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise *
Old 08-07-2011, 10:33 AM   #122
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Yo Ho Yo HO!

Here you go, MeMom! Just for you!!!

And somehow, I missed this one, it is from the show (the Golden Mickey's) from the night before! I just loved this ending!!!

OKAY, So now the next day, ARGH, Matey! It was indeed PIRATE night!

Well it was our day at sea, of course! , FIRST, and then it was Pirate NIGHT!! This morning started much the same, we took turns using the gym, I grabbed coffee at the Outlook cafe, and DH came up with the boys and our stuff and we grabbed some seats off to the side of the Mickey slide, on the second deck. It was a good spot for us because it gave us that vantage point of the pool, and the Funnel Vision. We dropped our things and went to get breakfast. After Breakfast we headed out to the deck, and the boys headed down to the slide and the pool. We sat down with books, and the kids were preoccupied with the movie, the slide, the Aquaduck, you get the picture!!!! They got a little rowdy in the Mickey pool a few times, I was concerned about the other kids in the pool since it was starting to get crowded. I had to separate them a couple times... I don't know what it is with brothers at this age!!!! They were just having fun, but completely obivious to the other kids around them, and I didn't want them or anyone else losing a tooth on the deck! I forgot to mention earlier that DS6 also really liked to play in the Nemo splash area. He is about the max in terms of height, age, etc., but no one seemed to mind, and he like others his size I think found it hard to resist the fun stuff they have in there! I don't know if you have all seen it, so here is a photo I took in February. Alas, it isn't "running" but you get the idea! It is hard to resist!!!

So here is the view on the deck that morning, they were getting ready for some fun on deck, and of course showing movies on Funnel Vision.

It couldn't have been that early, because at one point, DH came back with drinks from the bar. I know I know, it was close to 11am though, and it had to be noon SOMEwhere in the world, right??!!
Anyhow, what surprised me is that he came back with two DOTD, but they were in these colored cruise ship glasses. Now, WHY DH would appear with those I couldn't say, and when I asked (since it was not like him to spend money on this kind of frivious stuff) he said the Bartender gave him the glasses, and charged us TWO for ONE on the DOTD... He told DH he'd be there until 2. So needless to say, we had a round, and we had another and, I think, I really think, we had a third... But even with a nice tip we were paying less than a round, and if DH knows one thing, it is a good deal, and so he liked this bartender! He told me to come back later that evening and during Pirate Night he would have fun Pirate glasses. SO, that is what we did! But more on that, later!!!

Now, as I mentioned the photos from our days sitting in that spot, both the first day and at Nassau and on our At Sea day all sort of blur together, but here are a few other pics from that day...

I thought I had more photos of the boys in the pool, but I will check when I get home on my computer there.... This is what I have in Photobucket right now.

When we came back to our cabin, to get ready for Pirate night, I must have taken this one, it is just a nice example of how the bunks were made up in the am, and a nice view of the porthole!

SO, speaking of Pirate Night!! We decided this evening, since there was a lot we wished to do, that we would continue with our Disney Detective Agency fun before dinner, and do the pirate activities in the evening after dinner. We opted to see Cars 2 the next day, because they were showing it in the movie theater, not the performance theater, and DH liked the acoustics in that theater. So we were able to free up more time for other things that night, which were great fun! DS9 and I also finished giving out our FE gifts.
Dinner that evening was back at the Royal Palace. They have you return to the prior night's seating, to keep it easy, I guess.

It was going to be a fun rest of the evening, with a great menu, Pirate characters, pirate-y games in the D-Lounge, fireworks at sea, and all sorts of shennanigans! So Mateys, STAY TUNED FOR MORE!!!!!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise *
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-07-2011, 10:50 AM   #123
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
It couldn't have been that early, because at one point, DH came back with drinks from the bar. I know I know, it was close to 11am though, and it had to be noon SOMEwhere in the world, right??!!
Funny you said this! Friday a friend and I went to the opening of a new outlet mall here - it was crazy crowded and we had had enough and left by 11:00. We decided to have Mexican food for lunch and when we sat down my friend asked if 11:30 was too early for a margarita - I fired back with a very quick 'NO'
Old 08-07-2011, 11:58 AM   #124
disneylovin24
~Let It Go~

I just realized that I am reading TR from 3 different people that were on the cruise you were on! It was a really popular cruise for TRing Disers

Old 08-07-2011, 01:48 PM   #125
gallmcduck
Gallmcduck

Hey I need to catch up with the rest of your TR but I wanted to say hi. We've had a busy time since christmas, DISing has had to take a back seat, time to get DISing back on track now I am planning for our land/sea/land trip in 424 days not that I am counting
I missed your feburary ptr & tr but I will catch up on your february adventures and read all the fun for your october trip

Aug 1997 Offsite I Drive 14 Nights (ME & DH), Sept 1998 Offsite Kissimmee 14 Nights (ME & DH our engagement), Sept 1999 Offsite Kissimmee 14 Nights (ME & DH), Nov 2000 Poly & 4 Night Disney Wonder Eastern Cruise 14 Nights (ME & DH our Honeymoon), June 2001 Offsite Davenport Villa 14 Nights (ME, DH & family members), Sept 2002 Offsite Gulf Coast Clearwater 14 Nights (ME, DH & family members), June 2004 Offsite Kissimmee Villa 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS & family members), Sept 2005 Offsite & 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS & family members), Sept 2006 Offsite I Drive (ME, DH, DS, DD & family members),October 2008 Offsite Vista Cay Condo 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS, DD & family members), July 2010 POR 17 Days (ME, DH, DS, DD1, DD2 & family members) October 2012 17 days Pop, Fantasy, OKW (ME, DH, DS, DD1, DD2 & family members July 2014 Gulfcoast Clearwater 3 nights, OKW 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS, DD1, DD2 & family members
Old 08-07-2011, 02:48 PM   #126
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Here you go, MeMom! Just for you!!!

I love it, just like I loved the other one! They're adorable boys, and I know they are full of fun and energy all the time.

Your pictures of Nemo's Reef hit home, because I have spent the afternoon working on my classroom stuff, including some coral. Mind you, it's made out of construction paper, but I just needed something for effect. My whole kitchen is full of Nemo stuff right now. I'll get it loaded up tonight, and tomorrow it will find its place in my classroom for this school year.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:51 PM   #127
MEK
DIS Veteran

Is it possible that your day at sea was a blur because of whatever was in those drinks you were having? I know my day would be! Your pictures of the boys are so cute. I love the whole untucked shirt thing! Looks so familiar!

MORE MORE! Hope you are still having a great time on vacation!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 08-08-2011, 09:15 AM   #128
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

now that's my kind of drink deal!

I can't wait to see your pirate night. I have a feeling Alaska won't be anything like it (so am not doing a whole lot for it lol) but it will still be fun.

Hope you are enjoying your trip, loving the FB updates on Santa Fe! We had a magical night at the La Fonda once
Old 08-15-2011, 11:28 AM   #129
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

It looks like you had a great day at sea! Can't wait to hear about pirate night!

Old 08-15-2011, 03:09 PM   #130
Happydog
DIS Veteran

I have returned!!!! Onward with the TR!

Hi there all! I am just sending a quick note to let you know I have returned at last from our great West Coast adventure! I plan to catch up on my reading tonight, and update this week! We had a great time, but I was sorry that I didn't get to be on the DIS as much as I like to be! I can't wait to catch up and see what others have been doing!!!!

I am anxious to get on to the rest of the TR and to have it all done in a few weeks, because as many of you know, I Have a great Girls F & W trip to start preparing for!!! TWO MONTHS away, officially, TOMORROW!!! I can't wait!!!!

Old 08-15-2011, 04:46 PM   #131
MEK
DIS Veteran

Welcome Back!

I loved hearing about your trip on FB. It sounded like so much fun!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 08-16-2011, 10:17 AM   #132
DisneyBoundinDec
DIS Veteran

joining in!

Your boys are too adorable! Where are you in MD? I'm in MD as well, about 30 minutes north of Baltimore.

We took the Auto Train down once and we liked it! Granted my oldest was 9 months at the time. I know both my boys would like it now..

We are going on the fantasy next summer for 7 days and we can't wait!! I am glad to hear that your boys liked the kids club as I hope to have some adult time as well!

I want to try palos as well and it looks like it will be worth it!

Can I ask where you got the door magnets? I have seen them posted before and would love to have some made!

Welcome home from you long vacation!!
Old 08-21-2011, 08:57 AM   #133
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Happy Two Months until F&W Fun!!! (Less than two months now, though, I guess.)

What a great morning/afternoon enjoying the pool and WHAT A DEAL on the DOTD!!! Definitely needed to take advantage of that!

Oh, I think boys in general are into roughhousing at any age. Connor had a friend spend the night last night and this morning they seemed a little wired. I can't tell you how many times I said, "Okay, quit hitting each other."
Old 08-23-2011, 07:30 PM   #134
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Swab the deck!

Well, alas, the first push back to work after a two week vacation had my head spinning!!! It is the final week before school starts offiically for students,

BUT it has been a wonderful summer full of fun and adventure, so it is hard to complain! When I last left you we were getting ready for Pirate Night, ARGH! SO here we go!

Dinner for us that evening was in The Royal Palace again. (I think on the three - five night cruises they put you back in the same restaurant as the night prior, to keep it simple for the CMs and for you. ) So the boys were all in their getup, looking very pirate-y!

ON our way to dinner we saw Hook and Smee up on the deck 3 landing, so we ran up to get a picture. There wasn't a line, just two adults, who were really enjoying their time with the two characters and the CMs. The CM with the camera said they were "finished" taking photos, and the couple they were currently with would be the last one... I was a little shocked and bummed by that of course, but we lingered thinking we could at least say "Hi" to Hook and Smee... well that couple and their stuffed Figment, which was dressed in a Captain Hook costume, proceeded to have their own personal photo shoot with the characters. By this time, another couple and their little boy came up behind us. I couldn't say anything, obviously, but I wish these two adults, clearly having a good time (which of course I do NOT begrudge them), would have been a little less exclusive with the characters --- because they really lingered. I know it is fun to get campy photos, especially since their stuffed Figment was dressed like Captain Hook, but when they finally said goodbye, the CM, was a little impatient, and sort of rolled his eyes when I still asked could they meet Hook... Not impressed. So of course I felt hurried, and my photo of DS9 didn't come out very well, a little blury, but in the end at least he had a chance to meet them, which he wanted to...DS6 on the other hand wanted NO part of it!

So dinner was fabulous, don't ask me what we ate, but it was good though!! I know we got a few extra appetizers, and we split a pasta dish along with our own mains... The dining room was very festive with all the pirate garb, and it was neat to see everyone getting into the fun that evening.

Okay, so at one point DS9 got really silly, and we took this one.... BUT A BIG NOTE HERE... THIS is NOT allowed in real life!!!

I have a great photo pass picture I purchased from this evening, I have to get it onto Photobucket, but I will post it afterwards!

After dinner, we wanted to see Captain Jack. We went to the D lounge to see him, and had to stand in quite a line, but it was fun. Shortly after we were queuing up, guess who comes through a side door, but good old Jack! He looked startled, and laughed, and said “well why are you all here, what are you waiting for?” AS if!!?? LOL! So the line creeped along… as we entered into the room where he was greeting guests, I was looking at him, admiring his, well “character” and as he was bidding a family off, he looked over and right at me and he said “Hey, Love, lets have a little fun shall we?” I almost fell over the chair … that is a LOADED question. He continued with, “I want you to count how many times you hear that music repeat itself before you make it up here to see me, saavy?” I laughed and I agreed… after one round of the music, he looked back at me and said, “got that one, right?” I nodded, and he gave me a grin and an “Excellent!” GOOD NESS. JACK SPARROW gave me an order!!! Yes, my DH was MORE than amused!!! LOL! So we crept along, and NINE repeats later, my DS9 got to meet his match!! He brought Jack a dubloon from one of our FE gifts, and he tossed it at him as he left, it was really cute. Jack caught it, and he looked at me as we were leaving and he called out “see you mate!” and to me he said “he is really good!” That got a good chuckle out of DH and I let me tell you!! Here are some photos from the exchange...

After meeting Jack, I didn't need anything else to complete my Pirate night However, we still had lots more to do... I confess it is all a little blurry for me, but I know we played minigolf, got our drinks from the CM who gave us the very cool GLOWING Pirate cups (free) and a 2 for 1 round! SCORE! And we also went to the Arrr-cade... OF course... HA! BUT on top of that, we also went to see the DLounge pirate game show, so while it all happened, I can't tell you the order!!! At least I have some photos to keep me organized!!!! LOL!! SO stay tuned for those cameos, and finally, FIREWORKS at SEA!!!!

Last edited by Happydog; 08-27-2011 at 03:10 PM.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:04 PM   #135
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Love, love, loved, the pirate pictures! Baylor too! He looked over my shoulder and said, " Hey!!! Is that my pirate costume?" I told him all but the hat, I didn't find that until late in the summer.....

UGH to the inconsiderate people in front of you. I get it that they wanted to have their picture made, but when there are others waiting. Come on!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: