Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2011, 12:15 PM   #106
MEK
DIS Veteran

What a fun evening! so great that the boys enjoyed the Golden Mickeys so much, I will return to see all your pix. Blocked on this computer! I seriously don't know why I torture myself.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 07-29-2011, 06:53 PM   #107
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
HA!!!!!! Well, I know you pretty much dropped off the face of the DIS world for a little while, but I am glad you are back! I was glad to see you were updating and finishing your TR, as well!!!!

HEY! Thanks! Yes, it was very much a VACATION for the family!!! We were all excited to the degree we were I think, because it was a new adventure in many ways, KWIM? Like you will have on you cruise I am certain!!!!
I am really really looking forward to the F & W solo. Should be way fun. I can't wait to do what you guys were doing, but just instead of flowers, we will be snacking!!!! LOL!!!
It's true, I did drop off the face of the DIS world for most of July, what a crazy month! But I'm back, finishing up last summers TR, am caught up on the Girls Trip TR and (hint hint) did start the cruise one!

You will have SO much fun on your girls trip, I can't wait for the next one. Wonderful pictures, I especially love the porthole posing, those are outstanding! The E's are dying to go on the aquaduck. I'm torn. I'm really hoping to book a cruise while we are on this one if Jeff is amenable but am torn between the Dream and the Magic's Key West itinerary (which I like better). Which means it's Key West versus the Dream and I have no idea which will win. If any. BUT if either do I'm hoping it's a Cruise/Vero Spring Break trip which means I'll be paying close attention to the Vero part of your TR as well!

I think 2 extra days+ 2 Palo dinners seems a great "trade" for giving up Remy! I don't think I could convince Jeff to do Remy for that upcharge, he was lukewarm about brunch for the upcharge but I'm not giving him a choice.

I would have died if my shoes didn't make it onboard.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-29-2011, 07:54 PM   #108
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
I can tell you have your hands full with those two - such a bundle of energy! They look very handsome all dressed up for dinner You are going to have little girls banging down your door in a few years for sure!
Yes, they are definitely go go go!!!! But never a dull moment, that is for sure!!! Thanks for the compliments, they are good natured, but the dimples don't help.... they get away with murder sometimes, because of those dang dimples!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
I love this one!
I told them that Shuffle Board was a "civilized" game... DS9 got it immediately, the second photo (which I didn't post) has DS6 doing the same thing, but out of the corner of his eye he is looking at DS9 to make sure he has the "pose" right!! I will go back and share that one, it is funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I love the dressed up pics! Very nice, I think I would really like that on a cruise.

I think it is really neat that DCL had a premiere of Cars2 at sea, very cool!
I did enjoy it myself, as well! I loved that the most in February, I love an excuse to dress up or wear my fun going out stylish clothes!!! As opposed to my work or mommy clothes

It was cool to have the movie premier at sea, Made us feel special!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneylovin24 View Post
How cool is that that they had a Cars 2 premire on a ship? That is my kind of boat!

YES, it was cool!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I have to ask, and I'm sure it's a dumb question, but what do you do in the rain forest room? Is it just taking showers with different heads? I always hear everyone rave about it, but I don't get it, so there must be more to it than I am thinking.
Well, you get a big cushy robe, but you wear your swim suit. And spa flip flops. And then you get to go into this area which has five different "shower" areas, all tiled, and each have different colored lighting, scents, and water temps and style of showers... you go in to each or as many as you want and "try" them. the water is scented... then you can use three different saunas, all really nicely tiled and set up, and there is lemon and cucumber water, and 12 or more tiled heated tile lounge chairs... and two nice jaccuzi tubs that are inclined, and look out to an open air/window view off the side of the ship. You can use any or all of these amenities for as long as you like. It is peaceful, quiet, relaxing, and nice. We spent more time in February, b/c it was just us, but once you lay down on one of those tiled loungers it is REALLY hard to get up! So comfortable!!! So WARM!!! But you have to be into that, I guess... I just love going into steam saunas, jungle steam, you know what I mean? It is somewhat like a detox for your pores! And the showers, with the neat scents, etc, they are fun! And then all wrapped up lying on a lounger looking out at the ocean, etc... well it is a little oasis! If you are not able or up for a spa session, cost wise or other wise, the rainroom is an inexpensive way to try it out and feel a little pampered! It was amazing after being on the beach all day in February, and this time we had a little less time, but it was still nice after being out in the sun all day. Hope that gives you a little insight!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise *
Old 07-29-2011, 08:05 PM   #109
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Those pirate hooks are cracking me up!!! GQ goes Pirate!

Gold Mickey confetti? How fun!!!
I tell you that is something they were enamored with those dang $3.00 plastic hooks!!!! The cheapest purchase on the whole trip!!! They had them all that night and the next (Pirate night, of course)... Of course the hooks MADE the outfit...

YES Gold confetti!! I will take a pic of it, I still have it in my clutch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Sounds like a day of enjoying the ship was a great idea!

The boys look so handsome all dressed up for a night out. And the show looks fun.

What are the bracelets the boys are wearing? Did they have to wear them for the whole cruise? That would drive my kids crazy! They hate those types of things...

Thanks, Amy! Yep, it was a great way to spend the day. At least for our crowd!!

Thanks, they do clean up well!

The kids club gives them those.. They are required to wear them. But I think you could play around with them so that they didn't have to wear them the entire time... DS6 I thought would freak out with it on, but the CM listened to me, and made it a little looser and he didn't think twice about it the whole time. They are really light. But if you explain that your kids would have issues wearing them, I am sure they will make it so the boys could take them off.. I think they don't want the kids to lose them, and they will charge you if you don't return them.... so looser may run the risk of loss, but not if you are keeping track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannn View Post
I love the boys' shirts. Coordinating without being matchy matchy ~~ so cute. Where's the picture of your outfit, huh?

When are you going on the Fantasy? We'll be aboard next June and I can hardly wait!!
You know, I didn't have anyone take our photo or mine... We did pose for a few for the photopass people, but I didn't like them, and I wasn't going to spend $20.00 for "meh" I have a great little black dress from JCrew I bought in February for the Feb cruise, and it came back on this one!!!

Fantasy is fall 2012!! I try to keep the boys somewhat coordinated!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Ok HD, I think you might have me convinced that staying on board for the Nassau day is the way to go! I happen to know without even asking Jen that she and I will want to do the spa!!!! I wonder if I can get Marc to hop off the boat to grab my rum cakes?
Seriously, in my opinion, that is the way to go. You won't regret it!!! OH that spa... sigh!! I want to finally get a treatment or something -- when we go in February, I will save my $$!!!!! Oh I am sure you can con Marc into getting those rum cakes!!! If you can get him to carry your VB shopping bag, I pretty much would bet you could get him to do just about anything!!!!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise *
Old 07-29-2011, 08:53 PM   #110
MEK
DIS Veteran

You boys look so handsome in their shirts and ties!!!!! Even in the picture with the untucked shirt. Reminds me of when my kids where that age.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 08-01-2011, 01:51 PM   #112
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

What a perfect day on the ship! Your boys are just adorable. They looks so handsome dressed up for dinner.

The Golden Mickey's looks fun.

Old 08-01-2011, 08:35 PM   #113
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Where is HD and co!!!???

Hi ALL!! Well this is a mini update just to let you know that I am not neglecting my TR purposefully, I have not fallen of the edge of the DISboards!! I am just on vacation on the west coast, with my family!!! WE are in Oregon, we go every August, and then DH and I are heading to Santa Fe New Mexico... We are basically going to eat around the town! We used to live there, and have not been back since we moved! It is going to be a great adventure for us as a couple because that is where we met!!! We are going to take in the sights, restaurants, the opera and a famous Japanese Spa they have there... It will be a wonderful time and we are really looking forward to it! Until then, we are here in Central Oregon, where my parents have a nice piece of property and the weather is amazing. I might have time to do an update before Wednesday (when we go to NM) but I just wanted you to know where I was for the next few weeks, in case you were wondering!!! LOL!!!

We do come home on the 15th, then have two weeks before school begins! Though during those two weeks, I will be working, and teachers report the second week. Anyhow, I want to continue working on my TR, because we have not even got the the best and most original and new part of our trip!!!! The cruise of course was FANTASTIC! But Vero and our unexpected fun at WDW is really worth sharing!!!

Never mind that my Thanksgiving cruise booking window opens up in 10 days!!! AND I have to finish all my October F &W planning with my DISer friends!! OH so much fun on the horizon I cannot wait!!! Gosh, I tell you, that is worth at least a couple more

Alright friends, TTFN!!!!

Old 08-01-2011, 08:42 PM   #114
MEK
DIS Veteran

Have a great vacation. Sounds wonderful, especially the weather part. Oh yeah - and the food!!!!!

Old 08-01-2011, 08:48 PM   #115
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
What a fun evening! so great that the boys enjoyed the Golden Mickeys so much, I will return to see all your pix. Blocked on this computer! I seriously don't know why I torture myself.
OH I couldn't stand that if I had to miss the pics!! They really loved all of the shows, really caught up in all of the performance magic and staging, the technology they have for these shows is really pretty amazing!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
It's true, I did drop off the face of the DIS world for most of July, what a crazy month! But I'm back, finishing up last summers TR, am caught up on the Girls Trip TR and (hint hint) did start the cruise one!

You will have SO much fun on your girls trip, I can't wait for the next one. Wonderful pictures, I especially love the porthole posing, those are outstanding! The E's are dying to go on the aquaduck. I'm torn. I'm really hoping to book a cruise while we are on this one if Jeff is amenable but am torn between the Dream and the Magic's Key West itinerary (which I like better). Which means it's Key West versus the Dream and I have no idea which will win. If any. BUT if either do I'm hoping it's a Cruise/Vero Spring Break trip which means I'll be paying close attention to the Vero part of your TR as well!

I think 2 extra days+ 2 Palo dinners seems a great "trade" for giving up Remy! I don't think I could convince Jeff to do Remy for that upcharge, he was lukewarm about brunch for the upcharge but I'm not giving him a choice.

I would have died if my shoes didn't make it onboard.
Oh that Key West itinerary looks great!!! Well I can certainly confirm that Vero was a perfectly easy and relaxing way to get off the cruise and continue the fun!! I promise to share as much as I can about Vero! There are a few DISer friends who certainly believe it is a great place!

I am very excited to spend a trip with friends. It is something I have always wanted to do, and I fear it will be something I will HAVE to do again!!! DH recommended an AP for me... if you can believe it, since we are going next summer, so who knows!!!!

We did a dummy booking on the boat just to get one, and are still forming the official Fantasy plan with my DBIL and his partner. I am looking forward to going on the Magic in November, but after two times on the Dream, I am sure I will wish I were on her again! BUT, I am anxious to see the new Fantasy for a 7 night cruise, and that is why we are waiting for a family one until then...

The upcharge for the brunch is TOTALLY TOTALLY WORTH IT. I PROMISE YOU/HIM!!! I hope you secure a ressie!!! YOU will love it!

Yes, the Remy fee, the more we discussed it seemed more than a luxury in our case... so I am glad we opted instead for the 2 Palos and 2 nights (I got my Cali Grill!!!! )

Bet you are getting WAY excited!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
You boys look so handsome in their shirts and ties!!!!! Even in the picture with the untucked shirt. Reminds me of when my kids where that age.
Aww, thanks! They are silly boys, trying to keep them tucked isn't always easy!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Thanks for explaining that. I bet I would love the heated loungers
Sure. Glad to share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
What a perfect day on the ship! Your boys are just adorable. They looks so handsome dressed up for dinner.

The Golden Mickey's looks fun.
Hi there!! Thanks, they do clean up well! It was a great day! Day at Sea was even more so!!

Old 08-01-2011, 09:56 PM   #116
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Hope you are having fun in Oregon! I know your weather is better than ours for sure.

It's felt weird the past few days not 'talking' to you
Old 08-01-2011, 10:10 PM   #117
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Such a traveling bunch you are! Have fun on all these excursions, and be safe. We'll look forward to hearing all about your cruise fun when you get back to it.

And I'll hold you to showing me the other shuffleboard picture.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:22 AM   #118
disneylovin24
~Let It Go~

Enjoy your west coast trip

We will all be here patiently waiting for your return and the rest of your TR

Old 08-02-2011, 07:41 AM   #119
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Have a great time out west!

Old 08-07-2011, 06:47 AM   #120
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Hope you are having a great time out West! I suspect you are from all the neat pictures you are posting on Facebook! Soak up these last weeks of fun! School started off with a bang this week for us -- I don't feel like I have stopped doing, doing, doing since Monday.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: