Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2011, 09:49 PM   #76
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlm1017 View Post
Thank you! I do have land/sea trip scheduled our first Disney cruise on the Dream a 4 night in October followed by 6 nights club level in AKV its our 25th wedding anniversary! I am so excited so I am looking forward to your report and reading all about the Dream! I am 75 days today, I am thinking about booking a couples massage on Nassau day as we want to stay on the ship, have you used any of the spa services?

Dana
Hey how exciting for you! We celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary this October too, though we have been together for 16 years! Now I must say you will truly have a fabulous time! IS this just you and your DH or with your children? DH and I went on the Dream in February, this past Feb for a 4 night -- just the two of us. I spent more time in that TR showing the boat and talking about stuff to do, etc. Feel free to check that one out, too, if you are looking for more info!! It is in my signature!!

I bet you are really excited. I am meeting some DIS friends for the F &W festival in October and I can't wait!!!!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 07-24-2011, 06:57 AM   #77
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

What a fun day at Castaway Cay! I can think of nothing better than relaxing in a chair and sipping a drink! Too bad it started to cloud up in the early afternoon, but it sounds like you had a great time back on the ship. How nice to see the same waitstaff at Palo's from February!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-25-2011, 02:42 PM   #78
tatar63
Earning My Ears

Subscribing!

Happy Dog, I really enjoy your TR's. I am new to posting, thought I would try it after seeing your explanation! I just bought two Disney books as I am busy scheming for our first Disney Cruise Keep up the good work!!! and I am anxiously awaiting your next post!
Old 07-25-2011, 03:18 PM   #79
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Hi there!! I've been making the rounds trying to catch up on all my DIS pals TRs and PTRs and I just got caught up on yours.

I really want to go on a cruise, there seems to be a cruising stampede right now and I want to join it!
Old 07-25-2011, 03:28 PM   #80
disneychic
DIS Veteran

Now I'm hooked! And I need to go back and read all of your other TR's!! Guess I know how I'll be spending most of my "work day" tomorrow
Old 07-26-2011, 07:49 AM   #81
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Finally caught up. I'm loving it! looks like a fabulius time. We enjoyed our short trip on the Dream this past spring and I am hoping to do a 5 night one next spring. We will be celebrating our 10th next year.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:39 PM   #82
manntra
DIS Veteran

Happy you enjoyed those CC's at CC
You will definitely not be disappointed if you invest in an underwater camera...I bought one I guess four years ago when I went on my cruise....still works great and love taking it to the resort pool and the lake. It is also shockproof so I am kind of rough with it It's an Olympus...there weren't many choices back then and they were kind of pricy but I know they have (or at least that model/brand) have significantly come down.

I was looking forward to your Remy dinner...probably more than you but happy that you were able to squeak in another Palo reservation instead!

Tracy
Old 07-26-2011, 04:35 PM   #83
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
What a fun day at Castaway Cay! I can think of nothing better than relaxing in a chair and sipping a drink! Too bad it started to cloud up in the early afternoon, but it sounds like you had a great time back on the ship. How nice to see the same waitstaff at Palo's from February!
YES! It was a great day, and though it clouded up at least the second day was perfect all the way til the end!!!!

It was neat to catch up with the same waitstaff at Palos again! They remembered us and we had a great chat about the travels we had been on and such. because in February we were talking about this! So that was neat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatar63 View Post
Happy Dog, I really enjoy your TR's. I am new to posting, thought I would try it after seeing your explanation! I just bought two Disney books as I am busy scheming for our first Disney Cruise Keep up the good work!!! and I am anxiously awaiting your next post!
Hey!! WELCOME!!!! I am glad that readers say HI! because then I know my TR is entertaining or at least good food for thought for other readers! I just love chatting about Disney stuff and fortunately so do the rest of the DISers on here!!!!

NEXT post coming up tonight!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Hi there!! I've been making the rounds trying to catch up on all my DIS pals TRs and PTRs and I just got caught up on yours.

I really want to go on a cruise, there seems to be a cruising stampede right now and I want to join it!
Well HELLO YOU! I saw your name again and that you have a PTR, so I too have to head over and get subscribed!!! Cruising has definitely been a big hit with our group hasn't it!! LOL! that and the F & W!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic View Post
Now I'm hooked! And I need to go back and read all of your other TR's!! Guess I know how I'll be spending most of my "work day" tomorrow
Well HELLO!!!!! Welcome!! Those TRs there is a lot to read! Have fun!!! Cruising and touring! You will have a great time with that combo! The Dream has so much to offer for adults and kids!!! Check out my Feb TR, that is adult only on the Dream!!! Glad you popped over and hope you continue to read along!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Finally caught up. I'm loving it! looks like a fabulius time. We enjoyed our short trip on the Dream this past spring and I am hoping to do a 5 night one next spring. We will be celebrating our 10th next year.
Hi there. Yep, we sure did love the Dream, our second time this year, so it was great. Can't wait to do it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
Happy you enjoyed those CC's at CC
You will definitely not be disappointed if you invest in an underwater camera...I bought one I guess four years ago when I went on my cruise....still works great and love taking it to the resort pool and the lake. It is also shockproof so I am kind of rough with it It's an Olympus...there weren't many choices back then and they were kind of pricy but I know they have (or at least that model/brand) have significantly come down.
YAY! Thanks Tracy! YES we did we did!!! And you will love my next story, we scored big time with DOTD mojo... you'll see!!!

I am going to get one for November, I have to start pricing and scheming!

I think I will take more if I have that sort of camera to take to the beach and around the cruise ship... I have a small point and shoot, but it is in a case and it isn't as quick to grab and go with, either... thanks for the tip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
I was looking forward to your Remy dinner...probably more than you but happy that you were able to squeak in another Palo reservation instead!

Tracy
Oh trust me I WAS definitely wishing we could go, but getting that surprise stop in WDW made me think twice!! And it was for all of us, not just DH and I... besides, I think it will be the right thing for us to do on our cruise in Feb as a couple, because we wont need to go see a show one night, we will have seen them all, and can get away with missing one of them in exchange, and then we can be leisurely about enjoying Remy's 3 hour gastronomic adventure!!!!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 07-26-2011, 07:25 PM   #85
Happydog
DIS Veteran

So welcome back to my TR! This next morning was our day docked at Nassau. My DH and I thought long and hard about the plans for this day. We have been to Nassau as a couple, and though we had never been to Atlantis, we were not sure our children were of age to really enjoy and take advantage of an excursion there. I didn’t see a need to take them into Nassau, nor a beach area (since we were getting plenty of beach time in on this trip both at Castaway Cay and Vero!!!) and so with that in mind, this cruise we decided to stay on board, and take advantage of the Dream as a “destination” in itself . It was a good plan for our family, and I am glad we did! I think in November when we visit Nassau again, we may opt to go to Atlantis. Still thinking about plans for that trip, but my booking window opens in a few short weeks!!!!

Back to our Nassau day. We arrived in port, and I took a few photos while on deck and after exercising….

I went back to the room, got our pool stuff, and headed back up to the top deck to set up some chairs. DH was working out at this time, and the boys came with me. I got our seats set up, on the top deck, next to the mickey slide, and then we headed over to get breakfast, DH met us there, and we all ate at Cabanas. Gotta love that breakfast!!! After breakfast we walked back out on deck and headed straight to the Aqua Duck!!! After two rides, we sat down to watch the end of the first movie on the Funnelvision schedule that afternoon! The kids were down in the Mickey pool, which was great. I mean, watching a Disney movie in the pool, how cool is that??!! It was great for us, too because we could just relax without worrying about them.

I can't remember the first movie, but I know toy story was playing at one point, while we were there, who should walk by but Goofy! I got this picture of him.

Apparently Goofy spends some time on his course!!! By that point we were getting hot and ready for a drink. So DH walked over to the bar on that side of the ship… he came back shortly with two DOTD... GOTTA love that deal! So at some point shortly after, these fellas came by, staying as cool as they could. There were no lines to take pictures or visit with them, which was pretty cool! They waved a lot at the kids standing on the steps of the Mickey slide, because they could see them from over the railing of the deck. Their CM chit chatted with them in the shade and they posed for me!

Another ride on the Duck was in order for DH and DS9, DS6 was happily splashing around in the Mickey pool with some new found friends.
I got a few of them as they zipped around in the tube!!!

Looking at the Navigator, the boys decided they wanted to check out some of the activities in the club, so we went over to Cabanas get some late lunch and I took them over to the club. DH then went to the Adult side of the pool, and got us a few seats. It was hardly crowded, and we were in a nice location, just enjoying the sun and each other’s company! Knowing we had rainforest passes again, we decided to slip down to the spa and use them, and so before we had to get ready for Dinner, it was a good diversion! I love the rain room and the spa area. I plan to actually try the spa out officially next cruise, but I can’t get past the rain room and those heated tile lounges!!!

So that is all for now... It was a good plan for us to just stick around the ship, and I am glad we did for the kids, besides, we just had such a nice time enjoying the ship!! NEXT up our semi-formal night, dinner at the Royal Palace, Shuffle Board, AND... Mickey's Detective Agency!!!

Old 07-26-2011, 07:29 PM   #86
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
I can't wait to read more. We are cruising for our first time ever next April and I am scream-in-my-pillow excited about it. We plan to hit the parks first and then we get on the boat - 5 day double dip on the Dream !!!
Hey! Welcome!!! Yep, scream in your pillow all you want!!! You are in good company on this TR let me tell you!!!! YOU are going to LOVE LOVE LOVE that cruise ship!!!! IT is amazing!!! And the 5 night is a fabulous cruise. We loved it!! You and your kids and and your DH... it will be great fun for you guys!! Hey looks like you are going to to the F & W too, way fun! My favorite, well, okay okay, ONE of my favorite times to visit!!!

Old 07-26-2011, 08:07 PM   #87
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

You know, we never once saw any characters just walking around on the ship. The only one's we saw were always in and around the atrium Of course, we didn't get a chance to enjoy the ship nearly as much as I would have hoped. Next cruise will be 7 nights, no doubt!
Old 07-27-2011, 06:51 AM   #88
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I love that you had a ship day while everyone else was in Nassau. Sounds like a great time enjoying the pool (and you are right -- how cool to watch a movie while swimming!), the Aqua Duck, and the spa! Sounds very relaxing!
Old 07-27-2011, 07:27 AM   #89
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

I really have to look into booking a crusie. I am sitting here in my work cubicle dreaming about the rainforest room. Ahhhhh.

That aquaduck looks pretty fun!!

I love that you spent the day in the ship, I imagine getting off the ship for excursions can get tiring and I bet the ship was practically empty!
Old 07-27-2011, 07:30 AM   #90
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
How cute! I always love seeing the characters in different outfits.

Movies by the pool are fun. I liked that about All Star Music when we stayed there. We arrived on Christmas evening one year and people were hanging out in the pool watching The Santa Clause. It was very different than the cold we had left back in Tennessee. I have read recently that all three of the All Star Resorts are doing that now.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: