Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2011, 12:36 PM   #61
manntra
DIS Veteran

Your door is looking fabulous!!! Isn't it so much fun planning and decorating for your door? Sounds rather silly but it really is!

So glad you got the rest of your footwear!!

I would love to be a kid and be able to go to those clubs

Tracy
Old 07-19-2011, 10:29 PM   #62
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

I had a feeling the boys were going to have a great time in the club! They are going to be so excited to cruise again...
Register to remove

Old 07-21-2011, 08:48 AM   #63
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
So glad you got the rest of your footwear!
Your door is adorable.
How did you find the room space on the Dream? Did you feel crowded? Or was it roomy enough?

Hey! I was really going to be in trouble let me tell you if all I had was the one pair of sandals and my flip flops!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel1025 View Post
Glad to see your bag made it safely

I think I'm almost as excited as you for your Thanksgiving cruise. Our next cruise is on the Magic so I'm curious to hear what you think of it after being on the Dream.
Yes, I am curious as well! We were on the Wonder two years ago, it was beautiful. The Dream and Fantasy are just different. I very much liked the set up on the Wonder, so I imagine I will the same on the Magic. I read a report where the writer said it really was in excellent shape, looked every bit as lovely as it always did. And I suspect with Disney's way about quality and care, it will be the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannn View Post
Your door looked great! I guess I need to get started planning that for next summer.

The magician was Morgans favorite on our first cruise. He called him on stage to be his "assistant" and for the rest of the cruise people recognized him. He loved it!
I dont know if this was the same magician, b/c he was not the same performance artist that we saw in Feb on the Wonder, but regardless it was a great show, and we might have considered taking the kids, but they were very happy to explore the club!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
Your door is looking fabulous!!! Isn't it so much fun planning and decorating for your door? Sounds rather silly but it really is!

So glad you got the rest of your footwear!!

I would love to be a kid and be able to go to those clubs

Tracy
Thanks!! I can't wait to "design" our Thanksgiving cruise door!!!

I wanted to hang out, too! Lots of Disney fun in that space, and the nicest CMs!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
I had a feeling the boys were going to have a great time in the club! They are going to be so excited to cruise again...
Oh yeah, hands down!!!! I think they will too! I checked with the CMs on the Dream, and they said that there are lots of games and interactive stuff in the clubs on the Wonder and the Magic as well, not as much technology, obviously, but they do have some of the same technology/games, etc. ALL of the little classes, skits, and such. It should be a good time for them for certain!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise *
Old 07-22-2011, 11:31 AM   #64
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

I missed where you had started your report! Joining in now and all caught up!

I need to see if we have an auto train next to us. That would be a perfect way to get there very much rested!

Love your FE and door. It is so adorable.

Wow, that porthole is big. I never imagined it would have been that good of a view.

So glad you found your bag!

Can't wait to read all about Castaway Cay!

Old 07-22-2011, 05:57 PM   #65
Happydog
DIS Veteran

So we woke up this morning to a fabulous day of sunshine, and our first day at Castaway Cay!!! CAN I tell you HOW excited I was to be back at CASTAWAY CAY!!??!!!

Before I start sharing about CC, I found a few more photos from our first afternoon on the Dream! LOL!!!! Here are the two boys when we got to our cabin… they were testing out the cabin porthole!!!

DS6 took a few photos as well… apparently, he liked the carpet…

OKAY, so my first view of CC started early that morning, when I went to exercise! I snapped a quick photo of the island as we were getting ready to dock... Hence the photo is a little fuzzy with humidity…

I came back, DH went next, and I got the boys up and dressed. DH returned, he changed, and we packed our beach bags! We headed up for breakfast at Cabanas, then headed back to the room to get ready to go ashore!

Cabanas is a great place for breakfast. We didn't have breakfast in the sit-down restaurants this time... I think we discovered that what we wanted was available there, and I certainly didn't need one of the amazing waffle concoctions!!! THOUGH I have to admit in February when DH had one it looked VERY good!! I liked that we could just get what we wanted and go, especially with the kids, and I had the same thing every morning!!!! Eggs Benedict, the fabulous mango yogurt with extra granola I threw on top, pinapple, coffee, and a danish... NEEDLESS to say I am glad I was using the workout facilities!!! LOL!

I tried to get a photo of these turkeys before we left… OPERATIVE WORD IS TRIED... SIGH ....

So here is the Pelican Plunge, DH and DS6 tried it out, DS9 said it looked too fast, and I just opted for the floats we rented!!!! I had purchased in advance the two day rentals, and so they were nice to have for the time at CCay. Really reasonable as well!

Now I have to confess that I didn’t take too many photos on this day, I think I was trying to keep track of kids, enjoy the day, and figured I could take more on our second stop! I have also decided that before my next cruise in November, that I will most definitely buy an underwater camera, one that can stand the time at the beach!!! I was always very concerned about sand in my camera (even my point and shoot) and I think that is why I really didn’t take as many photos as I usually do… I think I took more photos in February!!!! LOL!

So, since my post is lacking photos, I am going to add the beach pics I took of the second day!!! I know I know, but basically they looked exactly the same, except they were wearing different swim trunks!! And we were in the same place so there isn't much of a difference!!! And to be honest, the weather on the second day was actually better.. for it started to cloud up and sprinkle about 2pm that first day, it may have rained some too, but I think we were inside at that point... We had great seats on the first row of chairs, with a clear view of the water... it was a great place to relax with a conch cooler! Or two... When we went to get our floats, I kicked myself for realizing that I didn't think to bring beach toys! I had remembered them (actually bought some) last summer for the Beach Club, but this time I didn't remember, and so I bought a big set there on CCay, it came in a mesh bag, so that made it easier to carry. The boys got lots of use out of them that day as well as in Vero!

We spent the day on the beach, really enjoyed that of course, and the boys checked out the kids club for a short while. We ended up heading back to the boat early afternoon, as I mentioned, but we got back to the room, showered, and then all went to the movies!! Tonight DH and I were dining at Palos, so I wanted to make sure the boys got a good dinner, before we did. Of the three restaurants on board, DH and I were okay missing the Enchanted Garden, and so after the boys were fed, we went to the club, dropped them off, and then we headed up to Palos for dinner!!!

I keep forgetting to get the photos of the inside of the Meridian bar… such a great spot! I think I got a few on February, I have to go back and look!!!

NOW, you may recall that before this cruise started, in my PTR, we had made reservations at Remy. Well, when DH said we could stay in WDW for two nights, he asked what “budget trimming” we could do to the other part of our vacation, and to be honest, the $150.00 we were going to spend on the charge for Remy’s was clearly going to be a splurge. So, it was easy to see that the money would almost cover our water park tickets, and because DH really likes Palos, he decided we could go to Palos twice (since we had already planned $ for the brunch that we didn’t get!) So alas, no Remy’s for us, but we do plan to try it out next February.

Here is our photo from Palo's... I have a cropped version on the first page of my TR... This one has a lot of glare, but you get the idea!

We completely enjoyed dinner, meeting the servers again from February, that was really really fun, and we had some great chats with them. We had bought the three bottle deluxe wine package again, and had drank 1/2 of our first bottle the night before. However this evening, we actually had a full bottle, and saved the other for the next evening (3rd evening). I can't say ENOUGH about the amazing food on the ship regardless, but Palos is out of this world... After dinner, we went to get the boys from the club, and headed to the first show in the WD theater! It was “Villains Tonight!”

The boys definitely were captivated by what they saw!!!! We had a great time watching the show, and mostly, frankly, watching them!!! So afterwards we walked around again, just checking things out, DH and I got coffee drinks at the Cove Café on deck 4, and we walked outside with the boys… Then back to the room, and the boys passed out instantly!

The next day was Nassau. We were looking forward to a full day on the ship and were ready to hit the Aqua Duck as many times as we could!!!!

TTFN!!!!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise *
Old 07-22-2011, 06:47 PM   #66
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

You won't regret it if you do indeed decide to invest in a waterproof camera, I was very happy to have mine!

I don't blame you for cancelling your Remy reservation, I would have a hard time swallowing that extra fee, especially if I could add Disney time by cancelling it

Villan's Tonight was such a fun show!

Sounds like a great day
Old 07-22-2011, 07:06 PM   #67
MEK
DIS Veteran

Awesome update! CC looks like a blast, especially that drink you mentioned. What was that called again? I want one! NOW!

What a full day - plenty of beach time, a movie, kid's club, and dinner at Palo's. I don't blame you at all for dropping Remy's when you can save the $ and you know that Remy's is a great experience.

The boys are so cute in all their pics and they look like they are having a blast!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 07-22-2011, 07:44 PM   #68
disneylovin24
~Let It Go~

Love the pictures of your son sitting in the porthole, that would be lovely to be able to do on a cruise

Old 07-23-2011, 07:28 AM   #69
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
You won't regret it if you do indeed decide to invest in a waterproof camera, I was very happy to have mine!

I don't blame you for cancelling your Remy reservation, I would have a hard time swallowing that extra fee, especially if I could add Disney time by cancelling it

Villan's Tonight was such a fun show!

Sounds like a great day
Oh yes, it was the right thing to do, (even the server at Palos hinted that the staff thought the same thing!) When you think about it, you could do dinner at Palos twice for $10.00 LESS than once at Remy's...obviously you are paying for the experience but I enjoyed my two evenings!!! And again, going to WDW in the end was worth the Remy "sacrifice" LOL!

I am going to get a beach friendly camera. It will be my Anniversary gift!! Well, DH doesn't know that yet, but... LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Awesome update! CC looks like a blast, especially that drink you mentioned. What was that called again? I want one! NOW!

What a full day - plenty of beach time, a movie, kid's club, and dinner at Palo's. I don't blame you at all for dropping Remy's when you can save the $ and you know that palos is a great experience.

The boys are so cute in all their pics and they look like they are having a blast!
Thanks!!! We did have a create time! CONCH COOLER!!!! THE best ever. I LOVE them!!! And I have to say I could drink them all day!

It was a fun day, I have to say I was completely caught up in my vacation. I wasn't the best picture taker this cruise... I think because there were so many new things with the kids, the FE, just everything. But next time I will be more on the ball!!! I took many more photos at Vero, etc... I think because that was also really new, but easier to get my pics taken!! HOWEVER, my DIS pals took LOTS o photos I am sure, so SoonerGirl GET going on those pictures on your TR!!!!! LOL!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneylovin24 View Post
Love the pictures of your son sitting in the porthole, that would be lovely to be able to do on a cruise
Thanks! Those portholes were very popular with my kiddos!!!

Old 07-23-2011, 07:50 AM   #70
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Spending today catching up on my DIS friends' reports.

Looks like you're having loads of fun!

I think the shows would be one of my very favorite parts of a cruise.

The boys are adorable, as always.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:22 AM   #71
CanadianWDWfan
DIS Veteran

Just got caught up...great TR!

We looked into the auto train several years ago but never did it. Now I wish we had tried it.

I love the bags you made!

Great job on the door magnets!
I've already picked up some fish cuttouts to use and some pirate stuff too.

Your DH was like Superman...in a flash he ran to the car and back! Trying to save the day!
Glad the bag was found and you didn't have to go shoeless.

I'm getting very excitted about our cruise next year...reading about all the fun things you did.

Castaway Cay looks just awesome!

I'm in the process of looking for a waterproof camera...have you seen any good ones?
Old 07-23-2011, 09:34 AM   #72
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
I missed where you had started your report! Joining in now and all caught up!

I need to see if we have an auto train next to us. That would be a perfect way to get there very much rested!

Love your FE and door. It is so adorable.

Wow, that porthole is big. I never imagined it would have been that good of a view.

So glad you found your bag!

Can't wait to read all about Castaway Cay!
Hi there!!! I have to subscribe to your TR!!! Yes, we were relieved to know that our bag was found!! LOL! I have to say, it was nice to take the train, you don't get there uber fast, but I have always found it a nice way to get to Orlando. Re the Castaway Cay it is beautiful, and I am committed myself to taking tons of site pictures on my next cruise! I just didn't get as many as I would have liked! The porthole is way cool!!! The large ones are wonderful, and there is a category that has them for less than other cabins, I think it is 9A, and we loved the big porthole, just neat to look out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Spending today catching up on my DIS friends' reports.

Looks like you're having loads of fun!

I think the shows would be one of my very favorite parts of a cruise.

The boys are adorable, as always.
TOO much fun! Too much fun to stop and take enough photos I feel!! BUT, some days I have more, so some updates will have more to look at than others! I am doing the same today!!!!!

I got brave after the first show, and took some pics of the shows so you will have something to look at!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianWDWfan View Post
Just got caught up...great TR!

We looked into the auto train several years ago but never did it. Now I wish we had tried it.

I love the bags you made!

Great job on the door magnets!
I've already picked up some fish cuttouts to use and some pirate stuff too.

Your DH was like Superman...in a flash he ran to the car and back! Trying to save the day!
Glad the bag was found and you didn't have to go shoeless.

I'm getting very excitted about our cruise next year...reading about all the fun things you did.

Castaway Cay looks just awesome!

I'm in the process of looking for a waterproof camera...have you seen any good ones?
We both were a bit bewildered and anxious about the bag, so in the end it is a good think that we found it!!!! I don't know about waterproof cameras, to be honest, but Soonergirl, Michelle got one and so I have to check out what she bought... she said it was worth it!!! YOU will totally enjoy the cruise. I think we will be booking family cruises for many years to come...

I still need to send you the links to my other TRs... you can't see all of them in my signature? I wonder why??!!

Old 07-23-2011, 10:13 AM   #73
dlm1017
Mouseketeer

I am new to your trip reports.. But you had me at "strapped sea turtles to our feet"

BTW how do I subscribe to a report and how does it work? Do es it send you a message when there is an update?

Dana
Old 07-23-2011, 03:56 PM   #74
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlm1017 View Post
I am new to your trip reports.. But you had me at "strapped sea turtles to our feet"

BTW how do I subscribe to a report and how does it work? Do es it send you a message when there is an update?

Dana
Well HI there!!!! WELCOME!!!!! Yes, we are big Jack Sparrow fans here... for different reasons, obviously...

If you post or "reply" to a thread, you are automatically subscribed to it, I believe, at least that is how it has always worked for me!!!! And on the DIS toolbar, up where it has a tab that says "usercp" (I think it is up on the left corner for everyone) if you click on that, it will show you all the threads you are subscribed to, and the thread will be "bold" if there is a new update... I used to have all my subscriptions "email" alert me if there was a post, but that swallowed my email daily!! So I use that tab which shows me when I log in to the DIS what updates have happened to the various TRs and PTRs I read.

Hope it helps!!! Your ticker looks like you have a land and sea trip planned?

Old 07-23-2011, 06:57 PM   #75
dlm1017
Mouseketeer

Thank you! I do have land/sea trip scheduled our first Disney cruise on the Dream a 4 night in October followed by 6 nights club level in AKV its our 25th wedding anniversary! I am so excited so I am looking forward to your report and reading all about the Dream! I am 75 days today, I am thinking about booking a couples massage on Nassau day as we want to stay on the ship, have you used any of the spa services?

Dana

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: