Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2011, 10:43 PM   #46
disneylovin24
~Let It Go~

[QUOTE=Happydog;41867845]

Well you seem to be an old pro at Ft. Wilderness! Cabins? We just wanted to try, it, more on that towards the end of the TR!!!!!

I am glad you are here reading along! I have better pics of the ship on my February TR, so if you want to see more of the ship, check that one!

QUOTE]

Yes cabins, we have speant many vacations in them!

If I get a chance I will definetely go over and look at them! I have never really been into cruising but I have been reading a few TR's on the Dream and the boat just seems so beautiful!

Old 07-17-2011, 09:53 AM   #47
Disneymom77
Mouseketeer

Joining in I'm especially excited to hear about Vero since we'll be going for the first time in May 2012
1989 offsite, 1991 GF, 1993 CBR, 1999 CBR Honeymoon, 2004 CSR, 2007 CSR, 2009 POFQ, Sept 2009 Pop, March 2011 POP, November 2011 AKL Kidani Village, May 2012 Vero Beach, October 2012 OKW, August 2013 Kidani/OKW, April/May 2015 Vero/BCV
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-17-2011, 11:24 AM   #48
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

I am with Matt. I am just now, in reading this, figuring out what they are saying in that dang parade.

I would have been very concerned about the bag. So glad you had the opportunity to check the car.

Animator's looks so cool. Love all the details.

I am also with MeMom. Some cruise pics look very crowded. I think that coupled with what seems like a lot to have to learn about booking categories and cruising ins and outs just intimidates me. BUT I am totally sold on Castaway Cay, DOTD, room service, and all the food. What to do, what to do...

Old 07-18-2011, 09:49 AM   #49
MouseTriper
DIS Veteran

Yeah another TR from you. Glad I stumbled upon it. Can't wait to read all about your trip!!!! (and sooo glad the missing bag was found)!!!
Old 07-18-2011, 12:11 PM   #50
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Must have been really nice to enjoy the Sail Away Party with your family......not everyone gets to do that. Guess I need to hurry up and get on the ship in my TR so that that statement can be explained

As Anita said our table was right next to one of the video screens, so we had a fun interaction with Crush. Of course, that was the very last night of the cruise, so it may be awhile before we get to that part!
Old 07-18-2011, 03:29 PM   #51
manntra
DIS Veteran

The Auto Train really does sound like a fun way to travel. I will likely never do it but it still sounds fun.
DOTD in hand and the horn as you sail away. I almost felt transported there for a minute
Yay for less than three months!!! I am in the 80's....a good decade!

Tracy
Old 07-18-2011, 09:42 PM   #52
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Now tell the truth - I am sure you were more panicked about the shoes than the cholesterol med? Am I right? I would have been. Of course, with all that food you were about to eat that cholesterol med was going to have to work overtime!

I am glad you were able to check the car. What a relief! And I am hoping that the bag shows up in your room just when you need it.

Cool restaurant! Love the glow pictures!
LOL!!! Yes, of course I was more concerned about my footwear!! He wasn't going to go into cardiac arrest, he'd be fine. Obviously I was worried for both of us and didn't want to think what that cruise was going to be like without that bag, so I made it my business to find out where the heck it was and I was going to take advantage of any window of opportunity no matter how short it was!!!!

We were able to enjoy dinner knowing it showed up just waiting for it's arrival!

Animator's was neat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
Love the theming of the restaurant!
The Disney Imagineers are so creative. I'd love for one of them to come and redesign my classroom.
Where is that bag???
I agree! So much fun!!! Would love that job. I loved set-dressing for theaters, so this has to be similar!!!

BAG arrives in the next update!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneylovin24 View Post
Yes cabins, we have spent many vacations in them!

If I get a chance I will definitely go over and look at them! I have never really been into cruising but I have been reading a few TR's on the Dream and the boat just seems so beautiful!
The ship really is beautiful! I loved the cabins at the Fort. We stayed in one for one night, a full day and one night, and it was great! I would love to be in one for Christmas....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymom77 View Post
Joining in I'm especially excited to hear about Vero since we'll be going for the first time in May 2012
Vero was AWESOME!!!!! LOVED it!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
I am with Matt. I am just now, in reading this, figuring out what they are saying in that dang parade.

I would have been very concerned about the bag. So glad you had the opportunity to check the car.

Animator's looks so cool. Love all the details.

I am also with MeMom. Some cruise pics look very crowded. I think that coupled with what seems like a lot to have to learn about booking categories and cruising ins and outs just intimidates me. BUT I am totally sold on Castaway Cay, DOTD, room service, and all the food. What to do, what to do...
Oh there are lots and lots of ways to steer clear of the crowds. I didn't sense a huge crowd all the time -- no more than at parks in certain locations and times, but generally you were aware of the sheer # of people, but I don't think it was unpleasant...

We were totally worked up about the bag, trying not to be, but getting to check helped tremendously!

Animator's is amazingly cool! Such a neat restaurant concept!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseTriper View Post
Yeah another TR from you. Glad I stumbled upon it. Can't wait to read all about your trip!!!! (and sooo glad the missing bag was found)!!!
Hey!!! HELLO! and welcome back again!!!! Yep, you and me both are excited that the bag was delivered!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Must have been really nice to enjoy the Sail Away Party with your family......not everyone gets to do that. Guess I need to hurry up and get on the ship in my TR so that that statement can be explained

As Anita said our table was right next to one of the video screens, so we had a fun interaction with Crush. Of course, that was the very last night of the cruise, so it may be awhile before we get to that part!
OH dear, well, we almost didnt, what with the kids getting sqabbly about the heat, and my mind on my husband running off the ship and back!!! YES, you better explain that! I am looking forward to your AKL and DCL updates!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
The Auto Train really does sound like a fun way to travel. I will likely never do it but it still sounds fun.
DOTD in hand and the horn as you sail away. I almost felt transported there for a minute
Yay for less than three months!!! I am in the 80's....a good decade!

Tracy
You seriously should try it sometime!!!! You can make it painless enough!!

DOTD and the fun boat horn, makes it really fun! Just neat to be on deck, when that happens! In the middle of the ocean, just listening to the ship's horn plan a few random Disney tunes!!! It's just neat!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 07-18-2011, 09:47 PM   #53
Happydog
DIS Veteran

The countdown tickers keep on TICKING!!!!

WELL, HELLO AGAIN!!!! SO I just have to say that my trip to WDW in October, for the F & W festival is NOW less than 3 months away, and consequently my other trips are getting closer as well! FOUR months from today we head off on our Thanksgiving cruise!! 7 nights in the caribbean! I can't wait! Granted we will be on the Magic, not the Dream, but we thought the Wonder was, well, wonderful, so I am sure the Magic will be magical...

I am so thrilled that I will be able to go to the parks in October, and experience another great cruise vacation with my boys!!! Should be another memorable vacation for certain!!! I can't wait!!!

My first night on the Dream UPDATE... coming up next!!!! Stay tuned!!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 07-18-2011, 10:32 PM   #54
Happydog
DIS Veteran

A great finish to our first night on the ship!

So after our first dinner at Animator's we all decided that it was a hit! I honestly can't recall what I had, but I was definitely happy with it! We got an extra starter or two between us and really enjoyed sampling everything... The first night was the only night we felt the motion of the ship cutting the waves. After this first night I didn't feel it again, but it was funny to watch the faces of the boys as we were sitting at dinner! Having the first dining rotation means that there is still considerable daylight when you leave the dining room, so we took advantage of the location, and strolled on deck 4 outside, and then up to deck 8 and our room.... here is what was waiting for us, including chocolates on our pillows!!! Which in this photo have mysteriously disappeared..... We think our towel creation was a walrus!! LOL!

Now since you all wanted to know, the good news is that our long lost/misplaced bag was in our room waiting for us when we got there!!!! I am going to tell you that if this happens to you -- don't panic!! The chances are that the bag tag got torn off... so they figure it out with a few calls, and i arrived I would say between 5:30 - 6:00. Our host had delivered it to our room, and took it in for us when he turned down the bed.

With my footwear back in my possession I could relax, and I set to cutting out the rest of my magnets for the door. DH did a little more unpacking (I directed where the stuff needed to go )

I then put up the rest of the magnets (that I had) and snapped another progress photo of our door!

I loved decorating the door and seeing all the other FEs that were going on around the ship. Some people had the coolest doors!!! We were given several magnets to add to our door along the trip, so it gets much more festive!

To end this night, we headed to the kids club, introduced them to that, then we headed over to the magic show. I didn't take any pics in the club, because I got the impression we were not to take photos. But some people there did, parents I saw picking up their children, so perhaps it was okay. I didn't take pics of them in the club, as a result. As far as the magic show, the performer was talented, and entertaining, and we enjoyed sitting down to watch him. Then we took a stroll on deck 4 again, sat on some steamer chairs, and chatted, before we headed back to get the boys... I grabbed the two guys out of the club, they declared it the "BEST PLACE EVER" And we made our way back to the cabin. We did a little preparation for Castaway Cay, and I sat up in bed and read the Navigator for the next day...

So I guess I can say that the star of the night was definitely that kids club!!! HA!!! They didn't want to leave!! We ended up making it an early night because we also wanted to be well rested for CCay!!!

So next up ... Castaway Cay!!!

Last edited by Happydog; 07-19-2011 at 07:12 AM.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:46 PM   #55
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Your door and FE look awesome - love it!!

So glad your boys liked the kids clubs

Congratulations on being just 4 months away from your next cruise, so much fun ahead for you!
Old 07-19-2011, 06:58 AM   #56
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

The rest of your evening sounds lovely with the boys enjoying the kids' club, your bag arriving, and strolling around! Your door looks great! I love all the magnets you made! Very cute!
Old 07-19-2011, 07:15 AM   #57
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Your door and FE look awesome - love it!!

So glad your boys liked the kids clubs

Congratulations on being just 4 months away from your next cruise, so much fun ahead for you!

Good Morning!!! Yes! There is lots of great Disney fun ahead, including a fun trip with you!!

They really had a great time in the club, so much to do and see!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
The rest of your evening sounds lovely with the boys enjoying the kids' club, your bag arriving, and strolling around! Your door looks great! I love all the magnets you made! Very cute!
Thanks CP! Top of the Morning to ya!!! We had a nice stroll, and it was fun to just remind ourselves about the fun we had on the ship in February!!!! The door was fun to do, I am already scheming for November!!!!

BAG was a good thing, yes! Wasn't sure how I was going to wear dresses with flip flops, so glad it had a Disney happy ending!! LOL!

Old 07-19-2011, 07:41 AM   #58
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

So glad you got the rest of your footwear!
Your door is adorable.
How did you find the room space on the Dream? Did you feel crowded? Or was it roomy enough?

Old 07-19-2011, 10:09 AM   #59
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

Glad to see your bag made it safely

I think I'm almost as excited as you for your Thanksgiving cruise. Our next cruise is on the Magic so I'm curious to hear what you think of it after being on the Dream.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:46 AM   #60
shannn
If I spend my kids' college funds on DVC, can I have a real tag??

Your door looked great! I guess I need to get started planning that for next summer.

The magician was Morgans favorite on our first cruise. He called him on stage to be his "assistant" and for the rest of the cruise people recognized him. He loved it!

The Incredible Shrinking Woman Turns 40 ~~ Abandoned Trip Report
Dead Lizards & Deluxe Dining- December Trip Report
Pole Dancing and Food Porn-October Trip Report

January 2014 Boardwalk Grand Villa/ June 2012 Disney Fantasy Cruise/ March 2011 Boardwalk Villas/ October 2010 Boardwalk Villas/December 2009 Old Key West/ October 2009 Polynesian Concierge/ October 2006 Beach Club Concierge/ 1998 day trip to MGM/ 1989 & 1992 Clemson University marching band Citrus Bowl/1971-1988 many offsite visits

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: