Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2011, 04:47 AM   #136
MEK
DIS Veteran

What a great pirate evening, matey! Very fun pictures. Love the boys costumes. Ah - Jack Sparrow - be still my heart!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 08-24-2011, 05:56 AM   #137
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Your little pirates are undoubtedly two of the cutest I have ever seen!

Hope you guys all have an awesome school year!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-24-2011, 06:39 AM   #138
DisneyBoundinDec
DIS Veteran

cute cute pictures... where did you get your boys pirate outfits? My little one wants to dress up on pirate night.

and if only it could be Johnny Depp!
Old 08-25-2011, 01:54 PM   #139
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

LOVE your Jack story!! How fun!
Old 08-25-2011, 03:18 PM   #140
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Wonderful meet with Captain Jack.
I did find some of the CM's with characters a little rude. They would say they are just walking around and not taking pictures and hten a few minutes later the character stops and gets pictures with another family. That kind of irked me.
Old 08-27-2011, 08:31 AM   #141
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Does a meet with Captain Jack get any better than that? I don't think so!
Old 08-27-2011, 02:30 PM   #142
Happydog
DIS Veteran

The rest of our Pirate antics!

So as I mentioned in the last post, there was plenty of fun to be had this evening, but I really can't recall the order of things!! So I am going to just post the rest of our photos, and share a few things about them!

Here are some pictures from the Pirate game show. This was great fun, and DH9 was selected to participate with the swab the deck game... The blurry photo of him running aroung the ship deck with the broom and bucket is from that game. They had several games, and two "teams" with two CMs that were great fun, and humorous, which totally made the show lively and silly!!!

We enjoyed being in the D Lounge, watching this show.

After the show we went up on deck, and we decided to go play Goofy's golf, and check out the Arr-cade (since I bought the boys the arcarde cards for their trip bags. We then found some seats on the main deck, to watch the show with fireworks, etc., I didn't expect the pirate show entertainment with Jack Sparrow to follow the fireworks, but it did, and it was truly neat! I didn't get a photo, but he appears on the top of the smoke stack, and then propels down to the stage!

Most of my photos are pretty uninspiring. I think my camera has an action speed setting, I just have to remember where it is, but for the show, things were happening way to fast for me to get a decent shot. The fireworks, while lovely, were not like the big shows in WDW (obviously!) so there are not that many big arrangements of fireworks... and so I couldn't see the benefit of trying for too many photos. Mainly I just had fun watching the boys who were completely captivated!

They had a great buffet at Cabanas that night, lots of fun eats, so we had some snacks, and then decided it was plenty late, and that in order to enjoy our final day at Castaway Cay, we were going to head to sleep...

And so of course after a fun filled evening, we ended here... with our dubloon eating frog... or is it a crab ... crab, frog, crab, frog, crab, frog....

More coming this weekend, our FINAL day at Castaway Cay (YAY!!!) our FINAL night on the ship (BOOOO!!!), and a great time at Vero Beach coming up!!!!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *

Last edited by Happydog; 08-27-2011 at 03:32 PM.
Old 08-27-2011, 03:08 PM   #143
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Funny you said this! Friday a friend and I went to the opening of a new outlet mall here - it was crazy crowded and we had had enough and left by 11:00. We decided to have Mexican food for lunch and when we sat down my friend asked if 11:30 was too early for a margarita - I fired back with a very quick 'NO'
Please, I made the most of the opportunity!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneylovin24 View Post
I just realized that I am reading TR from 3 different people that were on the cruise you were on! It was a really popular cruise for TRing Disers
How funny! I enjoy writing them, this was my third Cruise TR, but my first with my kids!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallmcduck View Post
Hey I need to catch up with the rest of your TR but I wanted to say hi. We've had a busy time since christmas, DISing has had to take a back seat, time to get DISing back on track now I am planning for our land/sea/land trip in 424 days not that I am counting
I missed your feburary ptr & tr but I will catch up on your february adventures and read all the fun for your october trip
Oh SO nice to hear from you again! Well I understand how the DIS has to take a back seat! We all do at times!!! How exciting to have a land and sea in the works!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
I love it, just like I loved the other one! They're adorable boys, and I know they are full of fun and energy all the time.

Your pictures of Nemo's Reef hit home, because I have spent the afternoon working on my classroom stuff, including some coral. Mind you, it's made out of construction paper, but I just needed something for effect. My whole kitchen is full of Nemo stuff right now. I'll get it loaded up tonight, and tomorrow it will find its place in my classroom for this school year.
Oh yes, I know you and Anita both have that Under the Sea theme this year! TOOO cute!!!! I bet your kids were excited to walk into your room seeing all that magic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Is it possible that your day at sea was a blur because of whatever was in those drinks you were having? I know my day would be! Your pictures of the boys are so cute. I love the whole untucked shirt thing! Looks so familiar!

MORE MORE! Hope you are still having a great time on vacation!
Oh tucking is a battle I never win!!!! The drinks went down easy, that is for sure!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
now that's my kind of drink deal!

I can't wait to see your pirate night. I have a feeling Alaska won't be anything like it (so am not doing a whole lot for it lol) but it will still be fun.

Hope you are enjoying your trip, loving the FB updates on Santa Fe! We had a magical night at the La Fonda once
It was a great deal!!! FOR sure!! WE didn't do too much other than the boys really dressing up. I had patterns and fabric, but the timing didn't work for me to make costumes for us. It was so hot, too, I wasn't as motivated as I will be for the fall... I will have more time for Thanksgiving!

Santa Fe was magical, but it has that quality to it!! We had drinks at La Fonda while we were on the plaza one afternoon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
It looks like you had a great day at sea! Can't wait to hear about pirate night!
It was great fun!

Quote:
Welcome Back!

I loved hearing about your trip on FB. It sounded like so much fun!
Thanks! We had a great trip out west! I was sad for it to end!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBoundinDec View Post
joining in!

Your boys are too adorable! Where are you in MD? I'm in MD as well, about 30 minutes north of Baltimore.

We took the Auto Train down once and we liked it! Granted my oldest was 9 months at the time. I know both my boys would like it now..

We are going on the fantasy next summer for 7 days and we can't wait!! I am glad to hear that your boys liked the kids club as I hope to have some adult time as well!

I want to try palos as well and it looks like it will be worth it!

Can I ask where you got the door magnets? I have seen them posted before and would love to have some made!

Welcome home from you long vacation!!
Hi! So glad you are here to read along! You will have plenty of opportunities for a little adult time, that was a nice perk for sure! Palos is TOTALLY worth it! How fun you are going to be on the Fantasy! We are too, in November of 2012. Your kids will definitely enjoy the kids club! We are south of Baltimore, in Montgomery County

The Magnets you can get on the DISigner thread, you can find their thread towards the end of the Discussion forum thread list...lots to choose from!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Happy Two Months until F&W Fun!!! (Less than two months now, though, I guess.)

What a great morning/afternoon enjoying the pool and WHAT A DEAL on the DOTD!!! Definitely needed to take advantage of that!

Oh, I think boys in general are into roughhousing at any age. Connor had a friend spend the night last night and this morning they seemed a little wired. I can't tell you how many times I said, "Okay, quit hitting each other."
I guess they are wired for that sort of play, I agree! It is funny but I don't think they can resist it! It was a great day, lots of fun just hanging out, Aqua Duck, DOTD, movies, plenty of sunshine to go around.

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 08-27-2011, 03:14 PM   #144
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Love, love, loved, the pirate pictures! Baylor too! He looked over my shoulder and said, " Hey!!! Is that my pirate costume?" I told him all but the hat, I didn't find that until late in the summer.....

UGH to the inconsiderate people in front of you. I get it that they wanted to have their picture made, but when there are others waiting. Come on!!!
YES, that pirate costume was a HUGE hit for Grif! He really enjoyed wearing it! It is going to get a second life in November again! Well, actually a THIRD life, b/c they wore these costumes on the ship, at the VB character Pirate dinner, and once more on the ship! I bet Griffin will be able to wear it next Nov as well! Or at least Nolyn will!

It was a unfortunate, yes. I know we all like the characters, adults and kids alike, but at somepoint, it just seemed that they were more interested in their own small talk and conversation with the CMs and forgot that there were other guests too...

Old 08-27-2011, 03:27 PM   #145
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
What a great pirate evening, matey! Very fun pictures. Love the boys costumes. Ah - Jack Sparrow - be still my heart!
Those costumes are only ours thanks to the generosity of Anita and Michelle!!!! The boys LOVE them!!! Even still, and in fact, when we got back from Oregon, DS6 wanted to wear his!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Your little pirates are undoubtedly two of the cutest I have ever seen!

Hope you guys all have an awesome school year!
Thanks MeMom! They loved dressing up!!! They still do!!!

They start school on Monday. We went for the Sneak Peek Friday to meet the teachers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBoundinDec View Post
cute cute pictures... where did you get your boys pirate outfits? My little one wants to dress up on pirate night.

and if only it could be Johnny Depp!
Well, I was fortunate enough to have two great DIS friends who gave them to me! My guys love dressing up. I would make sure your older son doesn't change his mind... it is great fun! I know my kids both get into it... I think watching POTC cinched the deal! Something about swashbuckle and swordplay! You can find them at the end of Halloween likely on sale, and likely for a good price! SO I would make a plan to get what you need right after Halloween! I will probably do a little more accessory shopping myself. Swords and such are always a good thing in our house!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
LOVE your Jack story!! How fun!
It was fun, just random and made me laugh, but it was neat. The Jack even remembered Griffin the next morning at Castaway Cay... he said, "Ah yes, Griffin. We meet again!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Wonderful meet with Captain Jack.
I did find some of the CM's with characters a little rude. They would say they are just walking around and not taking pictures and hten a few minutes later the character stops and gets pictures with another family. That kind of irked me.
It was a fun exchange for sure. I am sure it is hard to extract the characters from a crowd, but I also think sometimes the characters kinda do their own thing, like they may just go ahead and take more photos despite what their "handler" advises the crowd!!

Quote:
Does a meet with Captain Jack get any better than that? I don't think so!
Well, lets not be hasty now, Jackie... Bwah ha ha!!! Okay, okay, that was a little cheeky. I wonder how DIsney picks the Jack characters... and I wonder if I walked past "Jack" when he wasn't being "Jack", would I have the same reaction or even recognize him!!!!!

ON a different note, I was happy to see your post today

Old 08-27-2011, 07:54 PM   #146
MEK
DIS Veteran

What a great evening! The boys, and everyone else for that matter, look like they are completely enthralled. What a fun time!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 08-27-2011, 08:14 PM   #147
kokotg
DIS Veteran

Subscribing...getting in my trip report reading mode as we count down to our trip in a few weeks. No cruise for us (someday, I hope!) but I have three boys, so I love reading all boy trip reports. And yours are adorable!
Old 08-28-2011, 07:14 AM   #148
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Well, lets not be hasty now, Jackie... Bwah ha ha!!!
You're right, HD! What was I thinking?

Quote:
Okay, okay, that was a little cheeky. I wonder how DIsney picks the Jack characters... and I wonder if I walked past "Jack" when he wasn't being "Jack", would I have the same reaction or even recognize him!!!!!
My guess is probably not -- it's all about the outfit, the swagger, and the character.

Quote:
ON a different note, I was happy to see your post today
Thank you. I figured catching up on my favorite TRs would help take my mind off things.

Did you weather Irene okay?

Love the evening of games and fireworks. I bet it was very neat to see Jack propelling down the smokestack!
Old 08-28-2011, 08:52 PM   #149
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
What a great evening! The boys, and everyone else for that matter, look like they are completely enthralled. What a fun time!
Yes, they had a great time! All of us did! Disney certainly gets the Pirate Theme night right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokotg View Post
Subscribing...getting in my trip report reading mode as we count down to our trip in a few weeks. No cruise for us (someday, I hope!) but I have three boys, so I love reading all boy trip reports. And yours are adorable!
Oh I know reading boy TRs are a lot of fun! Oh well have a wonderful time in WDW! It is so much fun... your kids are just the right age to really enjoy all of it!! Mine sure do!

Quote:
You're right, HD! What was I thinking?

My guess is probably not -- it's all about the outfit, the swagger, and the character.
You are probably right! Funny, I know! But true!

Quote:
Thank you. I figured catching up on my favorite TRs would help take my mind off things.

Did you weather Irene okay?

Love the evening of games and fireworks. I bet it was very neat to see Jack propelling down the smokestack!
I am glad to hear I could help in a small way

Oh we got lots of rain, and wind, but no power outages, lots around us, and several schools still without power, and SCHOOL starts tomorrow! None that we work at or attend, however, so off we go in the morning... I laugh at the fact that some students in the county will be getting another day off school!!!

It was great fun, playing games, eating, drinking, and watching all the revelry!!!

Old 08-29-2011, 07:07 AM   #150
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

HAPPY FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL, HAPPYDOG FAMILY!!!

Hope you have a great day!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: