Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2011, 03:24 PM   #16
LuvLuvLuv
DIS Veteran

well i have to say that i would take the boardwalk over pop....

we also always do the dxddp... especially when staying around the boardwalk with flying fish and yachtsman around

my advice would be to do the boardwalk with the regular dining plan, but to take a night and go out of pocket to shula's--it's amazing!
Old 07-11-2011, 03:29 PM   #17
troynkasey
DIS Veteran

We did the regular dining plan this year and felt like that table service took away some valuable park time. We've had the QS plan in the past and it was nice, but you can only eat so much QS food, so we did the regular plan. It was nice, but some meals will take 90 minutes to finish because it's a relaxed setting. That cut in to our list of things we wanted to do.

With that in mind, I'd stay at BW and go with the smaller dining package. Depending on when you go, if it's at peak times, the value resorts do fill up faster than the deluxes. Twice in the past two years we've seen bus lines for POP and for the All-Stars be forever long later in the evening or at closing. I know last year the line for POP at DHS was 4 bus stops long. If you've been there, you know how long this is. We were taken back by the line...and then walked to the AKL line and we were about 20th in line. So that's something else to consider...if you're going at peak time or not.
troynkasey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-12-2011, 09:24 AM   #18
catra121
DIS Veteran

Guess I'm in the minority but I had this same dilemma last year and chose Pop with deluxe dining plan. I am so very happy that we made that choice. Pop is a nice resort, transportation was efficient, and the rooms were clean and nice. And it is a resort...not just a motel 6 with decorations...so there is stuff to see if you want to walk around the grounds at night, or relax on a bench overlooking the lake. We felt like the food was a much better use of our money. There are so many fun, unique dining experiences at Disney World and we got to try a lot of them on our trip. We did a few 2TS meals like Jiko and Cinderella's Royal Table, plus some favorites like Sci Fi that are just fun, and then a number of new ones like Rose and Crown and Coral Reef. It was really a blast and a great way to help us take it slow and really soak up all the Disney magic. The resort for us is basically a place to sleep...so if I had to choose again it would absolutely be deluxe dining plan over deluxe resort. But if I could have both...of course that would be great...lol!

Stayed at: AOA Lion King Suite, Bonnet Creek , POP Century, Coronado Springs Resort, Port Orleans Riverside, and The Dolphin (when I was really young)

Next Stay: Caribbean Beach Resort September 2014
catra121 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:27 AM   #19
stargazertechie
Toy Story Midway Maniac

Hotel. Seriously, the deluxe plan is TOO MUCH FOOD. My fiance and I had it last May, and by the end we were so sick and tired of food it wasn't even funny!

The regular DDP will be plenty! You can always pay out of pocket for a cheaper meal if you want to double up and eat at a signature eatery one night

Upcoming trip- WDW Trip #14. BCV. 6/13.

Thinking about buying pins from ebay and getting into pin trading? PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
stargazertechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:38 AM   #20
DisneyGirl201017
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by catra121 View Post
Guess I'm in the minority but I had this same dilemma last year and chose Pop with deluxe dining plan. I am so very happy that we made that choice. Pop is a nice resort, transportation was efficient, and the rooms were clean and nice. And it is a resort...not just a motel 6 with decorations...so there is stuff to see if you want to walk around the grounds at night, or relax on a bench overlooking the lake. We felt like the food was a much better use of our money. There are so many fun, unique dining experiences at Disney World and we got to try a lot of them on our trip. We did a few 2TS meals like Jiko and Cinderella's Royal Table, plus some favorites like Sci Fi that are just fun, and then a number of new ones like Rose and Crown and Coral Reef. It was really a blast and a great way to help us take it slow and really soak up all the Disney magic. The resort for us is basically a place to sleep...so if I had to choose again it would absolutely be deluxe dining plan over deluxe resort. But if I could have both...of course that would be great...lol!
Did you find that there was too much food?
Or that going to all the reservations took time out of the parks?
DisneyGirl201017 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boardwalk, pop

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: