Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2012, 11:48 PM   #31
PixiDustDears
Mouseketeer

Toon Town pt 2

Next: Alice, Another night in DCA, and the start of day 3
Disneyland trips: New Years Eve 2006, March 2009, Spring Break 2010, Oct. 2011, Thanksgiving week 2012, Spring Break 2013, Summer weekend with grandparents 2013, July 2013 Halloween 2013, 40th Birthday weekend May 2014, 4th of July 2014, Labor Day weekend (ds 10th birthday) 2014, Halloween 2014, thanksgiving week 2014

PixiDustDears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:34 PM   #32
PixiDustDears
Mouseketeer

I've found that after our morning at Toon Town I started only taking a fraction of the pictures I had been. We spent the morning at Disneyland and then headed back to the hotel to take a nap. On our way down Main St we ran into a few friends.

We spent the evening again in DCA. We did pretty much the same thing as the night before. This time however there were only smile on the 'big wheel'.

I believe day 3 was our magic morning. Here are just some of the random photos I took.

Somewhere in the day Sophie and I had to have a visit with the princesses. Again I got a little teary seeing her so happy.

After another nap it was back to DCA!

Well that's it for 2010. We leave for our trip in 17 more days. My goal is to get all of 2011 done first! lol We'll see.

Up next: 2011 Halloween trip. Exploring DTD
Disneyland trips: New Years Eve 2006, March 2009, Spring Break 2010, Oct. 2011, Thanksgiving week 2012, Spring Break 2013, Summer weekend with grandparents 2013, July 2013 Halloween 2013, 40th Birthday weekend May 2014, 4th of July 2014, Labor Day weekend (ds 10th birthday) 2014, Halloween 2014, thanksgiving week 2014

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-05-2012, 12:00 AM   #33
PixiDustDears
Mouseketeer

Halloween trip 2011~

For our 2011 trip we decided to go during the Halloween season. We left at lunch time so that the kids wouldn't miss to many full days of school. Since we were leaving so late we arrived at our hotel pretty late as well. We were staying at the Camelot. I had called them earlier in the day to let them know of our late arrival. Check in was no problem. Our room had one king size bed and a pull out couch. The kids thought that was great. I personally loved the nice big tub with jets. Perfect after a long day in the car!

We spent the next day exploring DTD (as it seems has become tradition for our first day) as well as the hotels. I'll skip most of those pictures since I posted them from our last trip, but here are a few new things we discovered.

After the morning exploring, and a nap, we were ready to head off to our Trick or Treat Party.

Since we were going in early before the party we had some time to ride the rides. We hit up the train first and then the kids took their first ride on Thunder Mountain Railroad. While not as scary to them as the Matterhorn the year before, they still were not fans. Maybe this year.

Finally it was party time. We had one goal. Phineas, Ferb, and Perry! We were the first ones in line. And then we had to get back in line to see Agent P!

While going back around to get in line for Agent P we came across this guy. Sophie, my little wizard of oz fan, was confused. He's not Disney! lol

Our second goal for the party was pretty much just characters and candy. So here are the pictures of it all.

Somehow people had missed that the Princesses were still around. I think when we got there we had maybe 2 families in front of us.

And lastly here was our candy hall for the night. 4 peoples worth.

Up Next: DAYTIME in DCA! (Really! Some day shots. I mean it! )

Old 11-11-2012, 12:30 AM   #34
PixiDustDears
Mouseketeer

We spent the morning of day two in DCA. For the first time we checked out the Redwood Creek area. The kids loved climbing on all of the rope things. Me, not so much but it was ok. We would do it again because the kids really liked it. Afterwords we went to the little UP show and had a picture taken with Russel.

We also went for the first time on Arial's Undersea Adventures. We all really loved this ride. It's a fast loader and the wait time was very small even for a fairly busy day.

At this point Bren decided he was brave enough for a roller coaster. Sophie was still to short at this point to ride Goofy's sky school I think. So she and her dad went on the swings (which I am terrified of) while we rode Goofy's. I was afraid I wouldn't fit because I'm pretty big and have long legs. It wasn't comfy but I made it. Turned out Sophie's ride took longer so I took some pictures of Bren while we waited. As I'm sure you've noticed he is not usually one to pose for pictures.

After a ride on the fun wheel in the day time (not as pretty as at night but still cool) we took a few more pictures and met some characters before we headed back for naps.

Up next: Our First World of Color

Old 11-13-2012, 11:54 PM   #35
PixiDustDears
Mouseketeer

For the evening we returned to DCA. We wanted to make sure that we saw WOC and didn't want to take a chance of something happening later in our trip that would prevent that. We enjoyed some evening rides and photo shoots and then grabbed our spot. I loved taking pictures from the rail. It was a perfect location. Of course Sophie ended up having to use the bathroom about 2/3 of the way thought so I missed a bit. Loved what I saw though. And Bren wasn't afraid which was awesome! Here are some pictures from that night.

Day 3

The next day we explored some areas that we never seemed to get to in the past. Like the Fire department:

And the dia de los muertos displays

After our first ride on Casey Jr.

We made our way over to pumpkin carving and petting zoos.

We took a ride around on the Mark Twain (another first!)

Up next: Random other Firsts!

Old 11-15-2012, 12:49 AM   #36
PixiDustDears
Mouseketeer

With only days till our 2012 Thanksgiving trip I really want to wrap up 2011. So mostly I'm just going to post pictures as they happened.

Asimo was alot of fun to see.

The kids loved riding in the tail of the monorail

We stood in line to see the villains. First up was Hook.

The Queen

And these two guys. (I know one is from Robin Hood and the other from Pinocchio)

After our picture with the fox we had to wait a moment to get our photo pass card back. The fox decided to follow Sophie around and she didn't know it. When she turned around she was startled but smiled. Then the fox growled. She took off running to me. Mean ole fox. lol

But happy in no time with a visit to Jack and Sally.

The kids were excited that they had added Jake to the Clubhouse Jr.

Well that wraps up 2011!! We leave in 4 days for a week. I am so so excited to see Carsland and all of the holiday decorations. I hope some of you have been enjoying this so far and that I'm not truly talking to myself.

Old 03-01-2013, 01:16 PM   #37
Rouselle
Earning My Ears

I love the pictures of the kids in the tires! I can't wait to see 2012's!
Rouselle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:27 PM   #38
PixiDustDears
Mouseketeer

Thanksgiving Trip Report 2012

Iwas a little nervous about this trip because of it being a holiday week as well as Carsland crowds. I have to say though that things went great. Better than expected. As a family we are used to going at the crazier times anyway (Spring Break, Halloween, etc).

We left Sacramento at about 2am. This was Dh's idea so I told him he would have to drive first. I am NOT a morning person. Unfortunately I am also not a good passenger. I tried to sleep. It just wasn't working and I was starting to feel a little . So we pulled over after about an hour on the road and switched places. We stopped for breakfast somewhere along the way but I don't remember where. Our plan was to head right to Disneyland. I wanted to exchange my park hopper for a Premier Ap. Dh and the kids would change theirs to Delux at the end of the trip. Before we could go to the ticket booth though we had to explore a little of DTD.

We made our way to the ticket booth and I recieved my first surprise of the trip. Dh said we would all be getting Premier APs and could go right into the parks then if we wanted. Well of course!! We didn't have a lot of time since we still needed to go shopping, check into our hotel and get a quick nap in but a little look around would be ok.

I picked up my photopass plus card and we had our first family picture taken infront of the tree.

We explored for a little bit and the kids started getting hungry. I wanted to try Earl of Sandwich so we headed toward Tomorrow Land to catch the monorail out of the park. But first I saw some characters we just had to meet.

We missed the monorail by just seconds. But that was ok beceause we were first in line for the next one. So I asked the cm if we could ride with the driver. This was another first for us. We had been in the tail once before but never up front.

Taken while waiting for the next monorail:

Riding up front:

Earl of Sandwich was great. The kids loved their lunch. By then it was time to go check into our hotel. We were staying at Staybridge and would be driving to and from the parks. (One of the reasons we had planed on my PAP so we would have free parking.) Dh went to check us in and came back smiling. Another surprise. They had overbooked our room type so we got a free upgrade! A one bedroom suite. It was nice for Dh and I to have our own room even if the kids did have to come in to use the bathroom.

We really loved this hotel. Free parking, free breakfast, snack in the afternoons during the week, and free laundry. If you have little kids, you know how much you can spend on laundry while on vacation! :
It was time for a quick rest. Since we could go to the parks today (and that had not been a part of my original plan) I was on a mission. Get back to Disney and see Carsland!

Old 03-03-2013, 02:48 PM   #39
PixiDustDears
Mouseketeer

CARSLAND!!

After a nice nap we headed back to the park. We have an older GPS and it kept getting us turned around. Finely we made it to Mickey and Friends. Bren is always fixated on what's happening next or what just happened. He can also be very precise. We couldn't just ride "the tram", it had to be the "Mickey and Friends tram." Well anyway, we arrived in DTD on the 'Mickey and Friends tram' and headed into DCA. This was also our first time seeing Buena Vista Street. It was beautiful!

Another family picture.

Bren was going to be doing a school report on Walt Disney. We thought this would be a perfect picture to add to it:

Finely we made our way to Carsland. Oh my....I LOVED it!! The colors were wonderful. All the neon. And all the little details like the stop light being slow every 3rd blink. Perfect. We took our time walking down Route 66 and taking advantage of our photopass.

Then we decided we just HAD to ride Radiator Springs Racers. Of course standby was the only option. Yes we waited 2+ hours but there was so much for us to look at that time seemed to fly by.

My maiden name is on the wall!

We LOVED the ride. Unfortunately someone either didn't have their seatbelt on right in our car or something else happened because they blocked our picture. It was getting late by this point and the kids were tired but we had promised them a stop in Flo's. So we grabbed a quick soda.

Love the details here to:

And now it was really time to go. Back to the 'Mickey and Friends tram' and off to the hotel. GPS got us going in the right direction this time. lol

Old 03-05-2013, 07:05 PM   #40
TheChapman6
DIS Veteran

Your pictures really do tell a story! Thanks for posting them and sharing with us.

DLH May 2013, PPH Feb 2014, GCH Sept 2014
TheChapman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:11 PM   #42
PixiDustDears
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rouselle View Post
I love the pictures of the kids in the tires! I can't wait to see 2012's!
Gotta finish 2012 before I go for 2013!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChapman6 View Post
Your pictures really do tell a story! Thanks for posting them and sharing with us.
Thanks! I love taking pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Luvin all your pics
Thank you so much!

Old 03-17-2013, 01:54 PM   #43
PixiDustDears
Mouseketeer

Day 2

Day 2 was about getting Christmas pictures. My goal for the day was to see Santa at the roundup. First things first though. I always feel a little shiver when I pass under this sign.

The first person we saw when walking in was Cruella. The last time Sophie had met her, Sophie had been wearing a black and white fuzzy coat. Of course Cruella loved it. This time around Sophie was being very shy. Cruella asked her why her hair was all one color and why wasn't she wearing spots. Sophie pretty much just stood there and waited for the pictures to be done. lol

We headed to our first ride of the day. First I had to stop though and take pictures of some of the wonderful Christmas decorations on Main St.

Our first ride is usually the Jungle Cruise. It's become tradition. It was a good ride for Bren when he was little because it was outside and we could all sit together. It helped him get over some of his fears. Now it's just were we head (unless we decide to ride the train around first).

Before we could get to the ride though we had to meet another character. Again Sophie was shy but I knew what she wanted to ask. Yes, Aladdin does fly on his magic carpet to Disneyland.

Jungle Cruise..To Dh disappointment, I did not get a picture of the back side of water.

We were ready to go see Santa. Off to the roundup.

While I liked this area, we really didn't stay around for very long. And for some reason I didn't take any other pictures this day. Which is odd for me. But I guess this would be a good place to wrap up. Time to start day 3.

Old 03-19-2013, 12:33 PM   #44
Rouselle
Earning My Ears

I LOVE the Christmas pictures! Especially the picture with all 4 of you on the sleigh!

I really wish I could go with you this Halloween! Then I can be in the pictures too!

Last edited by Rouselle; 03-19-2013 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Forgot to finish my sentence!
Rouselle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:57 PM   #45
PixiDustDears
Mouseketeer

We started off day 3 in DCA. I really wanted to get some pictures during the day of Carsland. I really loved all the little details.

Love Mater's Santa Hat

We took some photopass pictures around the park.

We were getting a bit hungry so we headed over to White Water Snacks for a little something to eat. Nachos!!
Followed by a yummy:

I saw that they had put up the Christmas tree in the Grand Californian and I really wanted to explore it for a bit.

It was about time to go back to the hotel for a nap but I had one more thing on my to do list. DD really wanted to ride Splash Mountain (it's our favorite) and DH and DS had never been on it before. DS said that he thought he was ready and since we were going back to the hotel we would be able to change if we got to wet. (After all it was November!)

Before

After

And again I didn't seem to get any pictures for the rest of the day. Or at least I cant seem to line up the pictures I do have with the right day. lol

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: