Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2012, 04:11 PM   #1
herrmannpt
Earning My Ears

Times portraits are taken?

Sailing next wk with my son who will be turning 3 on the cruise and my 6 month old daughter. Planning to bite the bullet and spend the $500 for the photo cd and prints. I want to make sure We get the most out of it and take some family shots and of course ones of the kids. Do they take pictures every evening and what time do they start? What are the background options? Do they do any "magic" photos like they do at WDW like add Tinkerbell, etc. into the picture? Any tips for getting the best value out of the CD?
herrmannpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:16 PM   #2
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Best value--every time you see characters, get in line. Portraits are done each evening before the dinner seatings with various backgrounds. They are not usually out on the first night for family portraits, but are doing characters then.

BE SURE to check your folio to be sure that all the appropriate photos are on your CD.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:38 PM   #3
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

I always called the PALS line at night to get detailed listings for the exact time and place each character will be out the next day. It allowed me to plan and get most if not all of the characters with minimal stress. Get in line 10 minutes before the character is scheduled to come out -- you will most likely get at the end of the line for the current character. I check with the CM who is at the front of the line to make sure that the schedule is the same and they will tell me to start the line for that one. If anyone comes after me I let them know we are waiting for the next one and if they want the current one they get in front of us -- until the CM closes the line and then a CM stays there to ensure it is known. When the kids were young I stood in line while DH took the kids to walk around the area so they didn't get restless.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013

DCL 2016 Opening Day Pricing Thread Pt 1: January - April
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: