Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board > Games
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2011, 03:17 PM   #106
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by usnuzuloose View Post
Oh I am the adventurous one, I try just about anything. He is picky. No hes not a big eater. Just picky. UGH! I dont mind a doing the cooking thing. We can certainly make it doable with what there is. 2013 seems so far away.
The thing with the dining plan is that on the regular one you get 1 TS, 1 QS and a snack for each day. The TS includes an entree and dessert, the QS includes a menu item or combo, both with soft drinks, and the snack can be almost anything like a Mickey Bar, a cookie, fruit, soda...

What we find is that between two of us we order two appetizers, one entree and one dessert, and we rarely even eat at QS locations. If we do we split that, so I find the dining plan to be too much food. If I'm trying to eat at the F&W kiosks, I don't even bother with TS reservations becuase there's just too much food!

Quote:
What you pack knives?
I have a full set of kitchen knives in my Owner's Locker!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 03:19 PM   #107
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
What you pack knives?
I'll have a kitchen! When I do pack and stay in a studio I bring a cutting board and a Swiss army life.
Register to remove

Old 08-26-2011, 03:29 PM   #108
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

I have always wondered what publix is like. My husband dont eat fish. He will eat chicken, turkey, steak meat, pork. I love fish. Hmm... common ground on shopping.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:58 PM   #109
franandaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFirefly View Post
See, Publix is too pricey for me, so... Walmart

The chocolate is a doctored box (the strawberry/ganache one I posted on the last thread) and the white chocolate is completely from scratch. I'm sure I can just rent a car and run over
Last time we shopped for groceries at Walmart in Florida, the oranges, apples and grapes started to mold on us less than a week after we bought them. I wish I knew of supermarket inbetween. I wasn't so impressed with Winn Dixie and there's another market close by SSR that I've heard horror stories about. I don't know East Coast chains well enough.

We'll probably have a car, and I'm sure Fran would love a trip to Walmart! I just don't want to buy my produce there!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Old 08-26-2011, 04:03 PM   #110
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz View Post
I'll have a kitchen! When I do pack and stay in a studio I bring a cutting board and a Swiss army life.
Okay what the heck is a swiss army life?
Old 08-26-2011, 04:06 PM   #111
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

You run over to the grocery store as long as you promise not to run over anything else.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:08 PM   #112
franandaj

Quote:
Bobbi, we should make similar room requests so that we can have rooms close by. That way we'll have two kitchens to work with. I don't know what rooms are where and which are convenient to the BBQs. My first stay in the BCV will be this Fall. I've only had four DVC trips to FL since we bought our membership in 2007, but I'll be making up for it in the next few years! Now VGC, that's a different story. I've stayed there like six times since they opened two years ago!

Quote:
I have always wondered what publix is like. My husband dont eat fish. He will eat chicken, turkey, steak meat, pork. I love fish. Hmm... common ground on shopping.
Grilling the main course sounds like a good idea, we could do shrimp or fish kebabs, or swordfish steaks ( I have a an excellent recipe, well actually it's Ina Garten's Indonesian Grilled Swordfish which doesn't take tons of ingredients that come in large perishable jars) and then we could do whatever kind of meats, brats, steaks, chicken breasts, pork tenderloin. The options are many and we could have a big feast one of the nights during our stay!

Each of us could whip up various side dishes, salads and desserts and it would be a party!

Old 08-26-2011, 04:12 PM   #113
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Sounds good to me. PIO is missing in action for her saturday. I wish they would come out with the 2013 now to book. It would make it so much easier. Thats it I am going straight to the top.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:14 PM   #114
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
I need a life!
Old 08-26-2011, 04:15 PM   #115
DisneyFirefly
I wind up insanely itchy and liable to break skin
I'm definitely a walking information desk when it comes to MK

Yeah, things like milk, meat, and produce, I wouldn't get at Walmart. But everything else, I had no problem buying there. As long as it wasn't perishable I also sometimes shopped at Target, since that was literally a block away from my apartment.

Our 10/16 Disney Wedding PJ | Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR | PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DF
DisneyFirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 04:23 PM   #116
DisneyFirefly

Also, I make really tasty baked mac and cheese

Our 10/16 Disney Wedding PJ | Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR | PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DF
Old 08-26-2011, 04:26 PM   #117
franandaj

Quote:
Silly auto correct!

Old 08-26-2011, 04:27 PM   #118
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Quote:
I need a life!
Yeah me to.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:27 PM   #119
DisneyFirefly

Have you ever been to D**n You Auto Correct? I love that site!

Me DF
Old 08-26-2011, 04:31 PM   #120
franandaj

Quote:
Think whole paychecks but without all the wheat and natural crud. Did you ever shop at Gelson's when you lived down here?

Quote:
Yeah, things like milk, meat, and produce, I wouldn't get at Walmart. But everything else, I had no problem buying there. As long as it wasn't perishable I also sometimes shopped at Target, since that was literally a block away from my apartment.
I don't even mind their frozen stuff. They have a lot more of those frozen foods (dump 'em in the skillet and voila dinner for two) than our regular supermarket. However, I can't eat that kind of stuff right now. Not if I'm going to get into that dress to pig out on German food.

Quote:
Also, I make really tasty baked mac and cheese
I can't eat it right now, but if we're at WDW all bets will be off! I'm a total Mac n Cheese junkie. If you didn't put bacon or anything in it Sharon's DH could eat it too. Although it could be bad if I want to wear that German Dress to MNSSHP....

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: