Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board > Games
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2013, 06:34 AM   #1111
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

All out of love?

It will be tight, but I will try to make it...I generally do not eat dessert, I will leave after the entree.

bobbiwoz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:15 AM   #1112
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz View Post
All out of love?

It will be tight, but I will try to make it...I generally do not eat dessert, I will leave after the entree.
We may stay for dessert. I believe the Bread and Butter pudding is well worth it.

Definitely All out of Love.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-06-2013, 08:17 AM   #1113
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
When I read that we were up to 9 people on the pontoon boat, I knew I had to act. That's one thing my sister Nancy would love to do, and so, today I told her about the meet and asked if she would be interested. YES! The 2 things she would like to do with us are the Wishes Fireworks cruise and the cookout. I think she would like the Wave restaurant before hand, but if it's too much to change the number there, I understand. She would most likely come with us and see if the extra person could be accomodated.

It turns out the chemo/radiation that she's helping a friend go through will be done the beginning of September,so the fellow will have a month to rest up, and I will get a room for them after I leave. They will be celebrating his birthday in Disney together. He'll come down after the meet, most likely on Sunday.

Bobbi

I just called Disney. The reservation at the Wave has been amended for 9 people; so please let her know that it's fine.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 04-06-2013, 08:21 AM   #1114
PrincessInOz
in

So I just got off the phone with Disney.

We're booked in for the Specialty Cruise (with music) for Friday 4th October. I nominated the Contemporary for our point of departure (we were given a choice of a number of resorts) and we need to be at the dock an hour prior to fireworks.

The CM that I spoke with seemed to think that we might need to get there at 7.15 - 7.30 pm on that night; which fits in well with the Wave timing.
SunDial - I hope this time suits you!

The pontoon has a capacity for 10:
  • Alison and Fran
  • TiffanyD and her DH
  • Bobbi and her sister
  • SunDial
  • Me, DH and DS

Seems like we have a full ship.

Old 04-06-2013, 08:33 AM   #1115
bobbiwoz
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post

We're booked in for the Specialty Cruise (with music) for Friday 4th October. I nominated the Contemporary for our point of departure (we were given a choice of a number of resorts) and we need to be at the dock an hour prior to fireworks.

The CM that I spoke with seemed to think that we might need to get there at 7.15 - 7.30 pm on that night; which fits in well with the Wave timing.

• Alison and Fran
  • TiffanyD and her DH
  • Bobbi and her sister
  • SunDial
  • Me, DH and DS

That is Wonderful! I saw that you have her for the Wave as well. Thank you!

Old 04-06-2013, 08:35 AM   #1116
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
That is Wonderful! I saw that you have her for the Wave as well. Thank you!

Good night! Have a great day.

Old 04-06-2013, 09:45 AM   #1117
bobbiwoz
I have 2 opinions

Quote:

Good night! Have a great day.
Pleasant dreams! Our job for today is to work on the pond. We are expecting a high of near 60! Spring has arrived temperature wise!

Old 04-06-2013, 09:52 AM   #1118
TifffanyD
Agreeing and making sense are not the same thing
I need to reload

Quote:

• Alison and Fran
  • TiffanyD and her DH
  • Bobbi and her sister
  • SunDial
  • Me, DH and DS

Sounds wonderful... thank you for arranging all this, PiO!
Old 04-06-2013, 11:34 AM   #1119
SunDial
Where Are The Umbrella Hats

Quote:

• Alison and Fran
  • TiffanyD and her DH
  • Bobbi and her sister
  • SunDial
  • Me, DH and DS

Thanks PIO for arranging. This is going to be a very fun night. I will make sure to leave work a little early.
Old 04-06-2013, 01:41 PM   #1120
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:

• Alison and Fran
  • TiffanyD and her DH
  • Bobbi and her sister
  • SunDial
  • Me, DH and DS
Thanks for organizing this PIO!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:57 PM   #1121
TifffanyD
I need to reload

Is anyone arriving in September? Don't forget about Orlando's Magical Dining month... Bluezoo and Il Mulino are usually on it and they are both DELICIOUS!!!
Old 04-06-2013, 02:32 PM   #1122
bobbiwoz
I have 2 opinions

No September time for me.

Old 04-06-2013, 03:00 PM   #1123
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TifffanyD View Post
Is anyone arriving in September? Don't forget about Orlando's Magical Dining month... Bluezoo and Il Mulino are usually on it and they are both DELICIOUS!!!
What us the story on that? I wanted CA Grill for dinner on the 30th, but they stull don't seem to be making reservations for it yet.
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:24 PM   #1124
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDial View Post
Thanks PIO for arranging. This is going to be a very fun night. I will make sure to leave work a little early.
It sure is going to be fun!

We can probably work out the actual time we need to be at the dock when MNSSHP schedules are released. The CM said an hour before the fireworks start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Thanks for organizing this PIO!
My pleasure. And I did check on the Fantasmic! dining availability whilst I was on the phone. Nothing later so far. I guess we can keep checking? or wait until the 45 - 50 day mark out and see if there are any cancellations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TifffanyD View Post
I'm arriving on the 29th September. So there really is only one day left in the month. Are there any similar things done for October?

Old 04-07-2013, 09:15 AM   #1125
TifffanyD
I need to reload

No it's just September

A lot of nicer restaurants in and around Orlando do 3 course menus for $30. It's bcz sept is such a slow time. Here is last year's:
http://www.visitorlando.com/magicaldining/?noredirect=1

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: