Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board > Games
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2011, 11:44 AM   #91
DisneyFirefly
I wind up insanely itchy and liable to break skin
I'm definitely a walking information desk when it comes to MK

My family's barely planning our 2012 trip. We've never been as a family (I've been with the parents, but that's it), so we're planning a reunion before my niece gets "too big" for the princesses

Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR/PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DBF
DisneyFirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:03 PM   #92
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

I was talking to the rep on the phone, he said that you couldnt plan for F&W until 1 1/2 yrs out. That may not be so. But reguardless when I do if I get a pin code he said I could apply it to the booking. Once I book weather people go or not I will continue as I dont know if I could go again for a long time. So hopefully things dont change.

I dont know how people feel about the dining plan but my DH wants it. I wont begrudg the poor man since he is the only one working. I would like to stay close to epcot since he enjoys that area alot.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-26-2011, 12:57 PM   #93
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFirefly View Post
I would love to stay at BCV because of Storm Along Bay Plus, I highly doubt I'll ever get to stay there at rack rate.

Also, if anyone gets a villa with a full kitchen, let me know, because I so want to make us all a cake
I will definitely be getting a 1br villa. That's the smallest I would consider at WDW. The question will be whether or not we do a split stay. For 10 nights we would use our full years allotment of points, but through banking and borrowing, I could probably book quite a few rooms at 11 mos (if most people were OK with studios.)

I also thought it might be fun to have a night where we cook dinner in the villa. I'd love to try some of Sharon's recipes she shares with us! : I'm not a bad cook myself . And Dana has already volunteered to make a cake!

The only hitch is that the villa is limited in cookware options. It's fine for the average family making spaghetti, Hamburger Helper, tacos, etc. On my trip for Destination-D where I made Chicken & Stuffing, Meatloaf, and Spaghetti Sauce all in one night I had to use strategic pan planning!

Bobbi is right, time is of the essence. Only a year and a couple months until we can start booking accommodations!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:38 PM   #94
franandaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by usnuzuloose View Post
I was talking to the rep on the phone, he said that you couldnt plan for F&W until 1 1/2 yrs out. That may not be so. But reguardless when I do if I get a pin code he said I could apply it to the booking. Once I book weather people go or not I will continue as I dont know if I could go again for a long time. So hopefully things dont change.

I dont know how people feel about the dining plan but my DH wants it. I wont begrudg the poor man since he is the only one working. I would like to stay close to epcot since he enjoys that area alot.
Will you be doing F&W at all? I know you guys aren't adventurous eaters, and if your husband is a big eater you could probably make it work for you. I'd say watch my TR when I go. I plan on eating at least one of almost everything at the F&W kiosks!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
Old 08-26-2011, 01:38 PM   #95
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

I think the cooking idea would be fun, like a pot luck supper, everyone adds something. (I could cut up a watermelon!) I think a barbecue would be possible too. The grill is at the villa pool, by the canal, a very nice area.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:39 PM   #96
DisneyFirefly

http://offbeatbride.com/2011/08/watermelon-shark-punch

Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR/PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DBF
Old 08-26-2011, 01:41 PM   #97
bobbiwoz
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
OMG! Way to make it hard!!!!Alright, I could give it a try! I better practice on my pumpkin!
Old 08-26-2011, 01:42 PM   #98
DisneyFirefly

Someone I know emailed me that because she knows I'm "crafty in the kitchen". I really wanna do that if my parents have a Labor Bay barbecue.

Me DBF
Old 08-26-2011, 01:48 PM   #99
bobbiwoz
I have 2 opinions

Quote:
Someone I know emailed me that because she knows I'm "crafty in the kitchen". I really wanna do that if my parents have a Labor Bay barbecue.
Ok...I'll provide the kitchen, and knife!
Old 08-26-2011, 01:51 PM   #100
DisneyFirefly

I think the bunch of us are going to wind up going to Walmart to do some grocery shopping

Would you guys prefer chocolate or white chocolate? I have two cake recipes I think everyone would like

Me DBF
Old 08-26-2011, 01:57 PM   #101
bobbiwoz
I have 2 opinions

My vote is for chocolate!
Old 08-26-2011, 01:58 PM   #102
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Will you be doing F&W at all? I know you guys aren't adventurous eaters, and if your husband is a big eater you could probably make it work for you. I'd say watch my TR when I go. I plan on eating at least one of almost everything at the F&W kiosks!
Oh I am the adventurous one, I try just about anything. He is picky. No hes not a big eater. Just picky. UGH! I dont mind a doing the cooking thing. We can certainly make it doable with what there is. 2013 seems so far away.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:59 PM   #103
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz View Post
Ok...I'll provide the kitchen, and knife!
What you pack knives?
Old 08-26-2011, 02:00 PM   #104
franandaj

Quote:
I think the bunch of us are going to wind up going to Walmart to do some grocery shopping

Would you guys prefer chocolate or white chocolate? I have two cake recipes I think everyone would like
I'll be at Publix, haven't had the best of luck with food at Walmart...but I'll put my vote in for chocolate! Are the scratch recipies or do you use a box and add stuff to it...only saying because unfortunately they don't stock the Villas like my pantry. I usually bring a spice kit which has my most commonly used spices, plus some cornstarch and cinnamon. I have salt, pepper and vanilla in my owners locker.

We'll have to come up with a flexible menu because we at least one non meat eater and I think at least one non fish eater!
Old 08-26-2011, 02:02 PM   #105
DisneyFirefly

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I'll be at Publix, haven't had the best of luck with food at Walmart...but I'll put my vote in for chocolate! Are the scratch recipies or do you use a box and add stuff to it...only saying because unfortunately they don't stock the Villas like my pantry. I usually bring a spice kit which has my most commonly used spices, plus some cornstarch and cinnamon. I have salt, pepper and vanilla in my owners locker.

We'll have to come up with a flexible menu because we at least one non meat eater and I think at least one non fish eater!
See, Publix is too pricey for me, so... Walmart

The chocolate is a doctored box (the strawberry/ganache one I posted on the last thread) and the white chocolate is completely from scratch. I'm sure I can just rent a car and run over

Me DBF

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: