Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board > Games
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2013, 03:56 PM   #916
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz View Post
Heading to Cape May for a week. I'll be visiting mom (93) and some good friends. I'll be seeing some of NJ's coast post Sandy.
Enjoy. Catch you when you get back.

Hope tht the NJ coast is getting back to some semblance of normality.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:12 PM   #917
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

One friend lives in Seaside Park, just a mile from the roller coaster that is in the ocean. She finally is in her home, and will visit me and share her pictures of the area. Apparently Ortley Beach, same barrier island, is far from being anywhere near OK.

bobbiwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-19-2013, 06:20 AM   #918
PrincessInOz
in

Hope you're having a great time, Bobbi. It's nearly 6 months to go to this DisMeet.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 03-20-2013, 08:12 PM   #919
bobbiwoz
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Hope you're having a great time, Bobbi. It's nearly 6 months to go to this DisMeet.
I am, thank you. Today I visited a good friend who is recovering from a vey serious car accident. It was a vey emotional, satisfying experience. Belle was a huge hit with my friend & her hubby. It is so good to connect with friends. I'm looking forward to this meet.

Old 03-21-2013, 10:15 AM   #920
bobbiwoz
I have 2 opinions

I think I MAY just invite a friend to join me in the room. I am guessing if she would like to join the cookout she can, right?

Old 03-22-2013, 06:01 AM   #921
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
I think I MAY just invite a friend to join me in the room. I am guessing if she would like to join the cookout she can, right?
Fine with me.

Will she want to join us on the Wishes cruise?

Old 03-22-2013, 09:28 AM   #922
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am, thank you. Today I visited a good friend who is recovering from a vey serious car accident. It was a vey emotional, satisfying experience. Belle was a huge hit with my friend & her hubby. It is so good to connect with friends. I'm looking forward to this meet.

Oh Bobbi I am so glad your friend is going to be okay Glad you are enjoying your trip

Ruthie

Luvchefmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:56 PM   #923
PrincessInOz
in

Opinions, please.

I think that MNSSHP is going to be on the 3rd October, 4th October (Friday) and 6th October (Sunday).

We kinda had plans for Raglan Road on the Friday night.

How busy would a Sunday night MNSSHP be compared to one on the Friday night?
Would I be better off considering hitting MNSSHP on the Thursday night?

And what would this mean for the Wishes pontoon?

Old 03-22-2013, 04:56 PM   #924
bobbiwoz
I have 2 opinions

Quote:
Opinions, please.

I think that MNSSHP is going to be on the 3rd October, 4th October (Friday) and 6th October (Sunday).

We kinda had plans for Raglan Road on the Friday night.

How busy would a Sunday night MNSSHP be compared to one on the Friday night?
Would I be better off considering hitting MNSSHP on the Thursday night?

And what would this mean for the Wishes pontoon?
I've been to 5 or 6 MNSSHP, and the only ones I would really avoid are the ones on or near Halloween. Look at the prices before you decide. My guess is that Thursday may be less crowded than Friday.

When you go to a party, decide if you are going for candy, shows, rides. The second parade is definitely less crowded than the first in our experience. Our children, grandchildren went all out for candy last year. They came back with pounds...but didn't see the fireworks, they weren't interested in them. DH & I got a reasonable amount of candy, we did see the second parade without lots of people in front of us.

I do not know if I will invite a friend, or if I do what she will be interested in doing..but I am getting close to making a decision.

Bobbi

Old 03-22-2013, 05:01 PM   #925
bobbiwoz
I have 2 opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvchefmic View Post
Oh Bobbi I am so glad your friend is going to be okay Glad you are enjoying your trip

Ruthie
Thank you. It's going to be a rough year for her, and it is not fully understood just how much she will recover. At one point she could not walk, but now she can!

Bobbi

Old 03-23-2013, 03:56 AM   #926
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
I've been to 5 or 6 MNSSHP, and the only ones I would really avoid are the ones on or near Halloween. Look at the prices before you decide. My guess is that Thursday may be less crowded than Friday.

When you go to a party, decide if you are going for candy, shows, rides. The second parade is definitely less crowded than the first in our experience. Our children, grandchildren went all out for candy last year. They came back with pounds...but didn't see the fireworks, they weren't interested in them. DH & I got a reasonable amount of candy, we did see the second parade without lots of people in front of us.

I do not know if I will invite a friend, or if I do what she will be interested in doing..but I am getting close to making a decision.

Bobbi

Any idea if Sunday is gonna be less crowded? I'm thinking the locals might be more prepared to hit MNSSHP on a Friday?

This will be for DS to experience. DH and I got to experience it in 2010; so I suspect it will be more about rides and candy.

I'd like to stick with the Fireworks pontoon on the 3rd and dinner at RR on the 4th. But if the Sunday MNSSHP is going to be crazy, then we're going to have to re-jig the plans.

Old 03-23-2013, 07:32 AM   #927
bobbiwoz
I have 2 opinions

PIO, are you asking in other threads? I don't have enough experience to comment on crowds. I think that far from Halloween, Sunday would be OK too.

A winter storm is predicted to hit Dayton OH area tomorrow, so we quickly changed our plans. I'm meeting DH at the airport, and we will begin driving west this afternoon. I hope we make it home before midnight. This is the winter that keeps coming!

Old 03-23-2013, 07:43 AM   #928
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

MNSSHP...opinion

Quote:
Any idea if Sunday is gonna be less crowded? I'm thinking the locals might be more prepared to hit MNSSHP on a Friday?

This will be for DS to experience. DH and I got to experience it in 2010; so I suspect it will be more about rides and candy.

I'd like to stick with the Fireworks pontoon on the 3rd and dinner at RR on the 4th. But if the Sunday MNSSHP is going to be crazy, then we're going to have to re-jig the plans.

Based on locals only, ( school next day) I would think that Sunday would be best for you who knows about other people from all over the world but if a local is going to attend anything (Flower & Garden, Food & Wine, MVMCP, etc) odds are more likely for a Fri or Sat night

Luvchefmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:02 PM   #929
PrincessInOz
in

Thanks.

Bobbi - I haven't asked on any other threads. Just sorting it out in my mind and I think I had a feeling that Sunday was not a day normally targetted by locals. I can't do anything about crowds of tourists but that's not something I can control.

So, it looks like we might be hitting Blizzard Beach on Sunday.

Old 03-23-2013, 03:04 PM   #930
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
PIO, are you asking in other threads? I don't have enough experience to comment on crowds. I think that far from Halloween, Sunday would be OK too.

A winter storm is predicted to hit Dayton OH area tomorrow, so we quickly changed our plans. I'm meeting DH at the airport, and we will begin driving west this afternoon. I hope we make it home before midnight. This is the winter that keeps coming!
Take care!

We have one more week of warm weather. Summer keeps going here too.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: