Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board > Games
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2013, 10:39 AM   #856
dhorner233
Disneyophile

Hi Guys I know I'm not there at the same time exactly but, I am enjoying reading about your food choices

I'm watching Mousesavers for them to offer a free meal plan. If they offer a free meal plan like they have for the last 2 years, then I will book Coronado Springs. In the past two years, they have offered a free meal plan for my dates by now. That makes me wonder.....

I like to try new restaurants every time I go. I'd like to see the Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge Villas but that will count as 2. Have you all been there?

With Be Our Guest, I'm not sure if I want to do counter service for lunch and sit down for dinner.

Kozzina's (sp) is a Greek place on the Boardwalk that sounds like it has good lamb. I'm always on a quest for lamb

At Epcot, I have never eaten at the Chinese sit down restaurant or the new Italian one. But, they are going to be having the Wine and Food Fest so.... I've researched that and found the 3 most expensive things you can get as a snack on the meal plan

Oh, and a sit down breakfast, either the Character breakfast at the Contemporary Resort and/or the pineapple/macadamia nut pancakes and Tonga toast at the Kona Cafe at the Poly Resort.

Makes me drool just to think of all the food I'm going to eat!

I'm also thinking about the water parks. I've never, ever been to either of them and would love to have some pictures for the Where in the World thread

Oh and Princess, I've been wanting to tell you, that picture of your DS running down Main St. toward The Castle is my new "happy place" picture! I don't run anymore but, that's what I feel like in my dreams!
Old 03-09-2013, 03:53 PM   #857
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhorner233 View Post
Hi Guys I know I'm not there at the same time exactly but, I am enjoying reading about your food choices

I'm watching Mousesavers for them to offer a free meal plan. If they offer a free meal plan like they have for the last 2 years, then I will book Coronado Springs. In the past two years, they have offered a free meal plan for my dates by now. That makes me wonder.....

I like to try new restaurants every time I go. I'd like to see the Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge Villas but that will count as 2. Have you all been there?

With Be Our Guest, I'm not sure if I want to do counter service for lunch and sit down for dinner.

Kozzina's (sp) is a Greek place on the Boardwalk that sounds like it has good lamb. I'm always on a quest for lamb

At Epcot, I have never eaten at the Chinese sit down restaurant or the new Italian one. But, they are going to be having the Wine and Food Fest so.... I've researched that and found the 3 most expensive things you can get as a snack on the meal plan

Oh, and a sit down breakfast, either the Character breakfast at the Contemporary Resort and/or the pineapple/macadamia nut pancakes and Tonga toast at the Kona Cafe at the Poly Resort.

I'm also thinking about the water parks. I've never, ever been to either of them and would love to have some pictures for the Where in the World thread

Oh and Princess, I've been wanting to tell you, that picture of your DS running down Main St. toward The Castle is my new "happy place" picture! I don't run anymore but, that's what I feel like in my dreams!
I've had the lamb shank at Kouzinna and it was delicious!!!
Artist Point is very good, and very expensive. I love the way they prepare salmon, and I've had excellent sea scallops there as well! I don't know if they still have the berry cobbler for dessert, it was outstanding!

We sometimes go over to the Poly to Kona for breakfast, and we do share the Tonga Toast, and another breakfast entree.

I hope you get the plan you're hoping for. Would love to overlap a few days with you!

Bobbi

bobbiwoz is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-09-2013, 04:47 PM   #858
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhorner233 View Post

I think a few people are waiting on free dining.

I've been wondering about Kona Cafe. We've eaten at Chef Mickey's before and I think we might prefer something different. Ohana's is an option but I think we liked Tusker House.

I haven't been to Artist Point. I've eaten mostly in the Parks and at the resorts we've stayed at. I'm not sure I'm going to get out to a lot more on this trip. I suspect that when we get to WDW, the boys will want to just take it easy.

Glad you like that picture of my DS. It is one of my favourite happy places too. In retrospect, Hong Kong was a really nice trip.

I'm looking forward to F&W and hope to have a few grazing meals round Epcot this trip.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:14 PM   #859
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

I've eaten at Kouzzina and Be Our Guest for lunch. I would go back to Kouzzina as there are a lot of other things there I would like to try, especially the lamb burger!

Be Our Guest, it was OK, nothing spectacular, but I did like the soups. Those were pretty good.

The only breakfast place I have been to on the Monorail Loop is 1900 Park Fare. I would rate that as an excellent breakfast, can't speak for Chef Mickey's or Kona.
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:37 AM   #860
PrincessInOz
in

I'm thinking of an early breakfast at Tusker House.

We've already got the cookout, Brown Derby for Fantasmic!, the Wishes Cruise, Raglan Road and MNSSHP tentatively scheduled in; pending park hours.

I'm not sure I can fit anything else in; especially given that we wanna graze round Epcot for F&W.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 03-10-2013, 09:02 AM   #861
bobbiwoz
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

For the first time there are food booths at the Flower and Garden. I'll be trying them next month!

Old 03-10-2013, 10:26 AM   #862
bobbiwoz
I have 2 opinions

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3074137&page=2

I know PIO does like pictures. DVC Mike has some great ones of food offerings and of the BCV where we will be staying in October, in the above thread!

Old 03-10-2013, 04:34 PM   #863
PrincessInOz
in

Thanks for including the link. Those are great pictures!

If Disney are starting to do Food at the Flower and Garden, I think I might just come back in the April/May period!.

Old 03-10-2013, 05:11 PM   #864
franandaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Thanks for including the link. Those are great pictures!

If Disney are starting to do Food at the Flower and Garden, I think I might just come back in the April/May period!.
Hmmmm We'ren't we talking about DVCMike on another thread.

I was thinking the same thing. Some of the offerings there sound really good!

Have we chosen the dates for Raglan Road or the Wishes Cruise? I know that HBD is for Oct 2. I think we can still make a reservation for that on the 29th. Technically, we are still all staying on property until the 2nd, anything for later that week we will have to make starting April 2nd.
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Old 03-10-2013, 05:14 PM   #865
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Hmmmm We'ren't we talking about DVCMike on another thread.

I was thinking the same thing. Some of the offerings there sound really good!

Have we chosen the dates for Raglan Road or the Wishes Cruise? I know that HBD is for Oct 2. I think we can still make a reservation for that on the 29th. Technically, we are still all staying on property until the 2nd, anything for later that week we will have to make starting April 2nd.
I won't be able to make a reservation for the 29th.

We haven't chosen a date for Raglan Road or the Wishes Cruise because there's still park hours and MNSSHP to work around. I think we had earmarked the Wishes cruise for the 3rd because it was DH's birthday. Wish they would update the park hours for that week!

Alison - are you going to make bookings or should I stay up? I'm hearing that the on-line bookings are really flakey and its better to call in....

Old 03-10-2013, 05:25 PM   #866
franandaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
I won't be able to make a reservation for the 29th.

We haven't chosen a date for Raglan Road or the Wishes Cruise because there's still park hours and MNSSHP to work around. I think we had earmarked the Wishes cruise for the 3rd because it was DH's birthday. Wish they would update the park hours for that week!

Alison - are you going to make bookings or should I stay up? I'm hearing that the on-line bookings are really flakey and its better to call in....
We're not making a reservation FOR the 29th, we make the one for the 2nd on the 29th. I'll call in for the HBD, I think you might have to call a different line for that one.

I've had no problems with the online booking, I would save your money and use that, it's been a breeze for me and with the exception of BoG, I have gotten every reservation that I wanted (for the last four trips that I didn't take).

Old 03-10-2013, 05:35 PM   #867
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
We're not making a reservation FOR the 29th, we make the one for the 2nd on the 29th. I'll call in for the HBD, I think you might have to call a different line for that one.

I've had no problems with the online booking, I would save your money and use that, it's been a breeze for me and with the exception of BoG, I have gotten every reservation that I wanted (for the last four trips that I didn't take).
okay.

Old 03-10-2013, 05:40 PM   #868
franandaj

When are you planning Tusker House? I hope I didn't sound harsh in that last post.

For the 29th, we're going to have groceries delivered to the room and I'll cook something really easy.

Old 03-10-2013, 05:50 PM   #869
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
When are you planning Tusker House? I hope I didn't sound harsh in that last post.

For the 29th, we're going to have groceries delivered to the room and I'll cook something really easy.
Not at all.

I haven't worked out the finer details yet. I normally like to see park hours. It would be a shame to be in Tusker House on an AK EMH; and it depends on which park is open for pm EMH the night before etc. So many options....

So, you'll take care of the Fantasmic HBD booking. I'll book for the Wishes Cruise.

Are we going to Raglan Road together? Were you planning on booking that or I'm happy to.....I suspect that I will have to call in for the Wishes cruise anyway; so I can do a whole bunch together. I just don't want us to do multiple ADRs and find that we've overlapped a couple of bookings.

Old 03-10-2013, 05:58 PM   #870
franandaj

Well Monday, September 3rd is definitely EMH at the AK.

Here is what the schedule in September is, and usually they hold pretty steady until holidays come up. The whole month of Sept follows this schedule.

Sun - MK - PM
Mon - DHS - PM, AK - AM
Tues - Epcot - AM
Wed - Epcot - PM
Thurs - MK - AM
Fri - AK - PM
Sat - DHS - AM

It's a pretty good bet the rest of the week will go like that. Now if they would release the party schedule.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: