Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board > Games
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2013, 05:29 PM   #811
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Alison - Will send you an email.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:50 PM   #812
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

As far as going to the top of the world. It would be a day that you overlaped with a member, because sometimes it's not enough just to be staying DVC, they asked to see the Member Card.

It's simply a matter of going to BLT, meeting in the lobby, showing room keys and the member card and you are directed to an elevator to take you to the lounge.

The perspective of seeing Wishes would be similar to how you see Wishes ( or Hallowishes if it's the night of MNSSHP) from the Cali Grill.

Even if we go to a park some days, we find it just nicer, out of the crowds to go up to the lounge to relax and see the fireworks.

Bobbi

PS. Cookout, Wishes Pontoon and Brown Derby sound like good things to do together. As far as Raglan Road, if it could be fit in on the other night, or the Top of the World, or something new...Great! PIO, sure thing about going to MNSSHP they really are fun! Great Parade, I think the best Disney does. Your family will love it, I'm sure!
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2013, 10:09 PM   #813
PrincessInOz
in

Thanks for clarifying it Bobbi. I did google it and realised that we would need to have a DVC member staying at BLT in order to access; so it's probably off my list. Most of us are staying at BCV.

I'm not sure when Alison is thinking of going to Cali Grill. I was hoping to find some time today to look at what restaurants I really want to eat at. But my MiL is here visiting and I have some work to do this afternoon; so it might have to wait til tonight.

We're going to have to get our plans sorted as I think the ADR 180 window opens up at the end of this month. Likewise with the pontoons; but that's going to be tough as I'm not sure when Disney will release the October schedule.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 02-16-2013, 10:29 PM   #814
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

I would suggest that we do the F! Package on Wednesday only because that is check in day for most of us. We should already have the kitchen in the morning for the day we want to do the cookout in case anything needs marinating, chopping or whatever. I might vote for Friday for that one. Epcot starts getting packed on Friday night for F&W so that might be a good time to avoid it. If we started in late afternoon, maybe a park might have EMH to hit afterwards. There's always Jellyrolls, although Sharon's DS might not appreciate it or be able to get in.
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:58 PM   #815
PrincessInOz
in

Sounds like a plan to me. I was also thinking the cookout might be good at the weekend to avoid Epcot.

Hopefully I'll have a few nights for MNSSHP options and we can get in on another night to leave these nights free for the DisMeets.

Old 02-17-2013, 12:52 AM   #816
franandaj

They have lightened the rules. For now any DVC member can visit TOTWL. I'm not sure how long it will remain that way.

We are planning on CalI Grill fir either Monday or Tuesday night. If we end up at HBD on Wed. then. I would do CG on Mon to avoid two signatures in a row.

I'd like to keep Saturday afternoon free so that if they do the Grand Mariner tasting I can attend. In the past it has only been offered on Saturdays at 2:30 PM. We could possibly do wishes that night then or Thursday.
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Old 02-17-2013, 05:12 AM   #817
PrincessInOz
in

So I'm arriving on the 29th. Still have to work out flights and book them from Durango; and I'm leaving WDW on the 7th.

By my count, that's 7 full days. I'm thinking of buying the 7 days park hopper plus water fun ticket. It might be overkill...but it gives me the option of going to the parks every day.

Here's a draft first pass.....

30th September - I think that that might be an overlap day with dhorner. Hopefully this is the Magic Kingdom day.

1 October - Blizzard Beach day, Epcot for F&W - pending park hours and EMH at the other parks.

2 October - If this is the Fantasmic! night, then I guess I'll be heading to DHS here.

3 October - I suspect this might be a MNSSHP night. If this is the case and it's the only party night whilst we are there, we might have to keep this night open. If not, then this could be the Wishes pontoon night.

4 October - Cook out? Pending park hours, this could be Animal Kingdom; in which case I'd be looking at Tusker House breakfast.

5 October - [Alison wants to keep the afternoon free for the F&W Grand Marnier tasting].

6 October -

7 October - check out day.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:54 AM   #818
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Flight times on Wednesday do not allow me to get to WDW for any lunch ADRs, and dinners would be iffy. I am fine with missing the F! Meal.

The rules for going to Top of the World when staying on points with a DVC member have been extended through this year. There are nights exempted, but not when we're there.

Bobbi
Old 02-17-2013, 10:58 AM   #819
dhorner233
Disneyophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
So I'm arriving on the 29th. Still have to work out flights and book them from Durango; and I'm leaving WDW on the 7th.

By my count, that's 7 full days. I'm thinking of buying the 7 days park hopper plus water fun ticket. It might be overkill...but it gives me the option of going to the parks every day.

30th September - I think that that might be an overlap day with dhorner. Hopefully this is the Magic Kingdom day.
Yes Monday, Sept 30th is a day I will be there It will be my last full day. I leave the next morning

And, yes, it is a must for me to spend my last night in the MK. I do not think Monday's are ever a MNSSHP night. And/or I would also be up for something in the morning. I will have a park hopper ticket so I could be anywhere. There are some places I want to hit for breakfasts like the Kona Cafe for the pancakes at the Poly, or Chef Mickey's or didn't Bobbi recommend someplace for breakfast..... Captain's Grill? at the Yacht Club? I could save one for you if you'd like to meet for breakfast? We usually get up for a rope drop somewhere and then do a later breakfast. Then take our afternoon break. Then go back to the MK for the evening.

Or, plan your day and I will pick some place from your itinerary to meet.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:43 AM   #820
franandaj

I thought that MNSSHP was usually on Tuesdays and Fridays, I could be wrong. Ill have to start filling in some of the blanks on my spreadsheet, and think about plans. Depending on plans I would like to meet up on Monday, but I don't want to DISmeet Fran out too much, so depending on your final plans we'll see. I've always wanted to try Kona for breakfast. Although Fran also likes 1900 Park Fare so I'll have to discuss it with her.

Old 02-17-2013, 12:09 PM   #821
dhorner233
Disneyophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I thought that MNSSHP was usually on Tuesdays and Fridays, I could be wrong. Ill have to start filling in some of the blanks on my spreadsheet, and think about plans. Depending on plans I would like to meet up on Monday, but I don't want to DISmeet Fran out too much, so depending on your final plans we'll see. I've always wanted to try Kona for breakfast. Although Fran also likes 1900 Park Fare so I'll have to discuss it with her.
That's what I was thinking; that the MNSSHP was usually on Tuesdays and Fridays and never on Mondays, which works for me.

If you'd like to meet at 1900 Park Fare, that would be fine with me too. I've never been there. I'm glad Fran feels up to coming, I'm sorry I didn't get to meet her in DLP. Plan whatever is comfortable for the two of you.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:37 PM   #822
franandaj

I don't know how PIO's DS feels about character breakfasts. We love the strawberry soup that they have there. Plus the rest of the buffet isn't bad either. We love Pooh and Tigger, the Mad Hatter is always a hoot. I can give or take Mary Poppins and Alice. Don't necessarily make plans around us, but that might be an idea for us.

When we do split stays we try and do things near each respective resort. VWL makes the MK and GF and Contemporary rather convenient. While at BCV we will mostlly do Epcot and DHS.

Old 02-17-2013, 02:42 PM   #823
SunDial
Where Are The Umbrella Hats

Hi Everyone. I will not be able to say how my weekday time frame will work out for me right now. It will depend on my workload then. Now the weekend if a different story.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:08 PM   #824
franandaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post

[I'll add my commentary bracketed in Purple]

[I'd like to see Denise, too. Since you went to bed there has been talk of a late breakfast at a Monorail Resort, Kona or 1900 Park Fare. This will probably be my night at CA Grill]

1 October - Blizzard Beach day, Epcot for F&W - pending park hours and EMH at the other parks.
[So far I'm at a loss for what to do this day. Maybe hit the Kiosks at Epcot.]

2 October - If this is the Fantasmic! night, then I guess I'll be heading to DHS here.
[We will check out of VWL, go to Epcot, check in at BCV and hang out at the kiosks until our room is ready. Then change and head to HBD for F! Package]

3 October
- I suspect this might be a MNSSHP night. If this is the case and it's the only party night whilst we are there, we might have to keep this night open. If not, then this could be the Wishes pontoon night.
[Perhaps rope drop at DHS, then we will probably check out the Kiosks at Epcot once WS opens. ]

4 October - Cook out? Pending park hours, this could be Animal Kingdom; in which case I'd be looking at Tusker House breakfast.
[This might be an Epcot or DTD day for us, then back to the Resort for Dinner]

5 October - [Alison wants to keep the afternoon free for the F&W Grand Marnier tasting].
[The tasting traditionally is from 2:30-4:00, so technically we could do the cookout on this day if we wanted to get things going around 5PM. Ed could join us, if we did it Saturday.]

6 October -
[Absolutely no plans yet for this day]

7 October - check out day.
[Same for us. I just booked our flight. Unless American changes it on us, we catch DME at 9AM.]
We still have to work the Wishes Pontoon in there somewhere.

Bobbi, you mentioned that with your flights you couldn't have a dinner reservation. What time do you expect your plane to get in on Wednesday?

Old 02-17-2013, 04:24 PM   #825
PrincessInOz
in

That looks like flexible enough plans. If Ed can join us, then we can move the cook-out to Saturday. That leaves us with the Wishes pontoon for either the Thursday or the Friday, depending on what the Halloween schedules work out to be like.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: