Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board > Games
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2012, 10:02 PM   #646
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

I have a stupid question, we bought the QS DDP, which we are happy with. But what can you purchase with the gift cards? Can you use them for the TS as well? If so I will start building up some of them through out the year.

Justice For Travis
usnuzuloose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:31 AM   #647
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

I'm pretty sure that you can use Disney Cards to pay for dinner at TS restaurants. I'm not sure that the snack vendors/carts will take them and I don't know if the F&W booths will either. Maybe someone else will know.

But if you are on the QSDP (and I assume that means you're on a package and will need to pay for the package 45 days before you check in), and are only paying for the occassional dinner, why don't you just save the money and bring the cash or a debit card instead of the Disney Card? The Disney Cards do lock you in for spending at Disney.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2012, 03:01 AM   #648
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

We almost have our package paid for. That way I can just do with the travel soon. I hate owing anything like that. Some other couple wants to take another cruise, but I doubt that will happen. This is the most we have done since 06. If we do a TS how do we go about making a ressie for everyone? I may skip the GC and just use the Debit. I thought I read that you could purchase a card for the food and wine festival for the food in epcot.

Justice For Travis
Old 09-17-2012, 03:09 AM   #649
PrincessInOz
in

Great on having your package paid for!

I imagine that closer towards the time, one of 'us' would be ringing Disney or going on line to make the ADRs. We can't book until we're 180 days out anyway...so that still gives us about 6 months to work it out. We would just book a table for the number of people wanting to eat together.

And I think that we are going to do some events together and some events apart. So, let's figure out the together time and then we can plan the rest of our trips around those times.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 09-17-2012, 07:08 AM   #650
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by usnuzuloose View Post
I have a stupid question, we bought the QS DDP, which we are happy with. But what can you purchase with the gift cards? Can you use them for the TS as well? If so I will start building up some of them through out the year.
I've used Disney Gift cards at table service and quick service Disney restaurants. When the money ran out, they took a credit card to make up the difference.
Old 09-17-2012, 03:24 PM   #651
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

So I’ve hit a total snag in all of this, you know how they say the best laid plans? Last week we were supposed to be in Dallas at the Lesbian and Gay Bands Convention, but we canceled our trip since Fran is feeling so terrible. Well they announced the next one and it is in Atlanta from Oct 10-13. Fran wants to come home between the DIS meet and the trip to Atlanta!

I had to get her to say that it was all right for us to be out of town for the first of the month, so now we will be arriving earlier than the 2nd. I have to figure out if we want to leave on the 7th so that we have two days at home before flying to Atlanta. I think that would be better.

These are some of the other suggestions that we have had and would be nice to consider for the schedule.

1) DIS meet, not just the gamers, but other DISers who are at the world.
2) Wishes Cruise
3) Dinner at Raglan Road
4) An evening at Jelly Rolls (this may or may not be appropriate/fun for DS, but it is usually clean, meaning no smutty songs or dialogue).

By the time we get to 180 days, I will have some more restaurants (TS) figured out. It all depends on which ones I get to on my trip in January (or if I get to my trip in January). I also plan to spend some time at Storm Along Bay.

Sunday Sept 29

Alison & Fran possible arrival date

Monday Sept 30

Alison & Fran possible arrival date

Tuesday Oct 1

Wednesday Oct 2

PIO Proposed Check In Day

Thursday Oct 3

PIO’s DH’s Birthday – maybe a good day for the cookout and have a cake

Friday Oct 4

Or PIO suggested it here, Pot luck dinner at the BCV?

Saturday Oct 5

Sunday Oct 6

Monday Oct 7

Possible Departure date for Alison & Fran

Tues Oct 8

PIO proposed checkout date.

Wed Oct 9

Thurs Oct 10
Bobbiwoz proposed checkout date.
Usnuz proposed checkout date.
Alison and Fran fly to Atlanta

Quote:
You can use Disney Gift cards anywhere except for the carts which are not set up to take credit cards.

Quote:
We almost have our package paid for. That way I can just do with the travel soon. I hate owing anything like that. Some other couple wants to take another cruise, but I doubt that will happen. This is the most we have done since 06. If we do a TS how do we go about making a ressie for everyone? I may skip the GC and just use the Debit. I thought I read that you could purchase a card for the food and wine festival for the food in epcot.
Sometime in March we will need to really start nailing down any TS places that we want to eat at. Probably the first person arriving on property should make the reservations for the groups because they will have the 180+10 advantage. Looks like that might be me now.

We used gift cards at the F&W Festival just fine.
Alison ~~~~ I do get to go to WDW this year! | Our Disney Dream Home| Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR |It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Last edited by franandaj; 09-17-2012 at 03:40 PM.
franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:41 PM   #652
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

I was just curious about the GC. I will think about it. I am putting my mad money off to the side right now.

Justice For Travis
Old 09-17-2012, 07:09 PM   #653
franandaj

Quote:
I was just curious about the GC. I will think about it. I am putting my mad money off to the side right now.
When you said GC, I thought you meant Grand Californian! Then I had to look for who said it, I know PIO likes to stay offsite and you don't do DL, so then I got sooooo confused!

NOw I understand, gift card!
Alison ~~~~ I do get to go to WDW this year! | Our Disney Dream Home| Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR |It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
Old 09-17-2012, 11:45 PM   #654
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
When you said GC, I thought you meant Grand Californian! Then I had to look for who said it, I know PIO likes to stay offsite and you don't do DL, so then I got sooooo confused!

NOw I understand, gift card!
The only way to stay there is if I had the lottery

Justice For Travis
Old 09-17-2012, 11:50 PM   #655
franandaj

Quote:
The only way to stay there is if I had the lottery
Either that or my points, and while I do love you....not that much!
Old 09-18-2012, 05:51 AM   #656
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
So I’ve hit a total snag in all of this, you know how they say the best laid plans? Last week we were supposed to be in Dallas at the Lesbian and Gay Bands Convention, but we canceled our trip since Fran is feeling so terrible. Well they announced the next one and it is in Atlanta from Oct 10-13. Fran wants to come home between the DIS meet and the trip to Atlanta!

You're now arriving on the 29th???

Fran wants to go home between WDW and Atlanta???? But aren't they both on the same side of the continent?

That's a bit of flying in 2 days....you could *almost* make it to Australia!

Old 09-18-2012, 06:27 AM   #657
bobbiwoz
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

At this time, I am not committed to any particular dates. So, leaving on the 10th is something that may not work at all. I can easily get there for the last weekend in September. Initially that was the weekend I thought about since it's in September and fewer points. My DS's family lives in Florida, and September MNSSHP tix are usually less costly, I may be there for one of those with the family. We're taking them this year to a party in October and adult tickets are very near $70! So, my thinking is, I just may arrive before that September weekend, celebrate with family, even stay at their house before the meet, stay for the Gamers's Meet, have DH come on down. We tentatively thought I would drive down, but I do need a friend to come with me, so that would be someone else's schedule I would have to consider.

I really would enjoy a Wishes cruise. I've not eaten at Raglan Road, and that's fine with me. I like the idea of a cook out/pot luck at BCV. I'd be willing to call for some reservations at the however many days ahead it's allowed.

Wow, Fran, I would HATE to do all of that flying, so close together. I don't know how PIO and family do what they do as often as they do it!

Usnuzuloose, what are your definite dates??? I see proposed check out on the 10th. You have the room, plan, so I want to be sure I overlap lots! October 2nd to the 8th seems to be a definite time to be together. I can stay with my DS's family before the meet, I don't have to be in WDW for the whole time beginning before last September weekend. The points I have are finite and I still have to plan a December trip for DH and myself! We always do NYE!

Bobbi
Old 09-18-2012, 06:38 AM   #658
PrincessInOz
in

Hi Bobbi. Hope you're well.

I'm the same....aside from a rough idea of the long haul flights, I haven't locked in to any dates at WDW. I would also like lots of overlap time and I think Jo's about the one with locked in dates at WDW.

Alison's dates are now wider than Jo's and I'm sure I can fit in with those dates. Bobbi - do you have any thoughts around estimated arrival and departure dates yet? I had originally thought of arriving that last Sept weekend and spending time at Universal and with Harry......

Old 09-19-2012, 07:49 AM   #659
bobbiwoz
I have 2 opinions

I'm well, thank you!

Later this month, I'll be booking something for DH and myself after my DGFs leave me in April. We're doing the F&G together and staying at BWV. DH will come afterwards and I hope to get us into Villas of Wilderness Lodge! Once that is booked, I will know which points I have left and begin in earnest to plan for this trip.

If you get to FL early and do Universal and then go to WDW, that would work with what I was thinking. I would try to get to WDW, BCV the same day as you, or earlier if franandaj are coming earlier, and stay for that week. I do not think that I will be at BCV beyond Sunday or Monday. I think Thursday the 10th is beyond my stay as I think about it now. More likely leaving on Monday the 7th. I really need to look at what I can book 11 months out and that depends somewhat on what I get for DH's stay with me next April. Then at 7 months out I may be able to get more nights if needed. We do have a fair number of points, but I did book DS's family into BCV for Memorial weekend next year without us and so I used BCV points that maybe I shouldn't have.

Bobbi
Old 09-19-2012, 11:49 AM   #660
franandaj

I know, now my dates are a total turn around from what they were. at first I wanted to go from Orlando to Atlanta because they were close enough that it makes sense. However, in Atlanta we need our instruments, and there is nothing like going on vacation with $10,000 with of instruments in your hotel hotel room to leave you with that unsettled feeling. It is a lot of flying, but going home will give us a slight recharge, either that or completely knock us out!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: