Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board > Games
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2012, 11:44 AM   #541
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmar067 View Post
....and, speaking of BCV, where is that wonderful pic you used to have, of the pool?
Speaking, where are your dates?
Old 07-24-2012, 09:08 PM   #542
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

I am looking for opinions on the Disney dining plan...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-24-2012, 09:37 PM   #543
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by usnuzuloose View Post
It's either good or bad.

You pay X per day to add it to a package. Depening on what you order you get more or less than X food per day. So unless you know what you are ordering before adding it you don't know if it's going to save money or not. I tend to like beef more than chicken, so if I get steak for dinner I tend to be eating the higher priced meals. This means I am like to eat more dollars in food than X. You also have to use all of your dining credits to get to the X amount of food. If you skip meals or snacks it probably won't work out.

If it's a free dining plan, it may not work out. These tend to be better if you have more people in the room. This is because the rate you pay for free dining for rooms is high and usually at the same time you can get a room discount instead.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:49 PM   #544
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
I like appetizers more than desserts, so we do more buffets when we have the dining plan. We only get it in our late December stay because NYE & NY day are both black out days for the Tables in Wonderland card. TIW is what we usually use. I do not need a dessert at every counter service! We usually wind up with lots of snack bags to give to our DGC.

Also TIW card can't be used for the Fantasmic package, so we do that too when we have the dining plan.

Bobbi

bobbiwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:32 PM   #545
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz View Post
I like appetizers more than desserts, so we do more buffets when we have the dining plan. We only get it in our late December stay because NYE & NY day are both black out days for the Tables in Wonderland card. TIW is what we usually use. I do not need a dessert at every counter service! We usually wind up with lots of snack bags to give to our DGC.

Also TIW card can't be used for the Fantasmic package, so we do that too when we have the dining plan.

Bobbi
How does the food and wine festival work? Is that paying cash for the things you want to eat? How do I get the TIW card?
Old 07-25-2012, 05:30 AM   #546
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmar067 View Post
....and, speaking of BCV, where is that wonderful pic you used to have, of the pool?
Are you planning on joining us?

(That way, I might not need to go to NY!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
It's either good or bad.

You pay X per day to add it to a package. Depening on what you order you get more or less than X food per day. So unless you know what you are ordering before adding it you don't know if it's going to save money or not. I tend to like beef more than chicken, so if I get steak for dinner I tend to be eating the higher priced meals. This means I am like to eat more dollars in food than X. You also have to use all of your dining credits to get to the X amount of food. If you skip meals or snacks it probably won't work out.

If it's a free dining plan, it may not work out. These tend to be better if you have more people in the room. This is because the rate you pay for free dining for rooms is high and usually at the same time you can get a room discount instead.
I'm hoping you're going to meet us at WDW as well!

Quote:
Allan has a great little spreadsheet for comparison purposes.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2957235

Quote:
How does the food and wine festival work? Is that paying cash for the things you want to eat? How do I get the TIW card?
Dana was on the DP when we went in 2010. She could pay for the festival food using her snack credits. I think we used one of the credits to pay for one of the snacks. If I recall correctly, the one she choose was over $6.50. For most of the festival food, the bites were priced around $4 - $5. We were paying cash for those.

Disney did sell festival cards that were pre-loaded with $25 credit, if you didn't want to carry cash. You could use the card like a debit card and just swipe it for food.

I wasn't on a DP; so I just paid cash or used my KTTW and paid for it all at the end on my resort bill.

I don't know if the TIW card provided any discount at the festival....just restaurant food.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:47 AM   #547
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

As mentioned, in the past, you could use snack credits from the dining plan for the food offerings in the booths. You need an AP, or be a Florida resident, or be a DVC member to purchase a TIW card.

Last year, if you had a TIW, you got a small discount if you went to a food demo, and you signed up ahead, called on a specific day. DH & I went to see, taste, Chef Sally James. That was fun. I forget how many tix you could buy per card per demo.

I have an AP, and find it worthwhile to have the TIW, so for TS meals together, there will be a discount, 20%, the 18% tip will be added, tax added too, of course. Basically, you pay the menu price.
Bobbi

bobbiwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:52 AM   #548
PrincessInOz
in

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 07-25-2012, 05:56 AM   #549
PrincessInOz
in

Alison - Have you thought about your dates? I'm hoping you'll post them so that I can tweak my schedule around to maximise overlap. I can either go to UA before or after WDW.

Old 07-25-2012, 11:32 AM   #550
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Alison - Have you thought about your dates? I'm hoping you'll post them so that I can tweak my schedule around to maximise overlap. I can either go to UA before or after WDW.
I thought I posted yesterday, but I guess I never finished it. I saw something about October 2-8 and I could make those dates (though I don't know what days of the week they are yet). Maybe actually arriving on the 3rd. I will have a little more clear head after my couple days of R&R (I hope).
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:53 AM   #551
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

I can tweak a few days. I am trying to come in a day early, as flying you arrive late. I hate being tired and not getting a full use of my day at the parks. I guess I could buy a disney card and use it for the food and wine festival. Chris is not into eating different foods. A lot for me to think about. I am going tomorrow and start the process. I want to make the most of my time with everyone as much as possible. Like I said Chris may golf a few days. If we are doing TS, how do we make reservations , as in getting in at the same time?
Old 07-25-2012, 11:57 AM   #552
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Are you planning on joining us?

(That way, I might not need to go to NY!)

I'm hoping you're going to meet us at WDW as well!

Allan has a great little spreadsheet for comparison purposes.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2957235

Dana was on the DP when we went in 2010. She could pay for the festival food using her snack credits. I think we used one of the credits to pay for one of the snacks. If I recall correctly, the one she choose was over $6.50. For most of the festival food, the bites were priced around $4 - $5. We were paying cash for those.

Disney did sell festival cards that were pre-loaded with $25 credit, if you didn't want to carry cash. You could use the card like a debit card and just swipe it for food.

I wasn't on a DP; so I just paid cash or used my KTTW and paid for it all at the end on my resort bill.

I don't know if the TIW card provided any discount at the festival....just restaurant food.
The pricing is out for 2013. It has gone up since this person's figures. I may try to find a temporary job. Just for eating
Old 07-25-2012, 12:07 PM   #553
Meriweather
Maybe we will have an arrival or two today
Time to share your chocolate!

It's so much fun reading about the meet plans............hope you don't mind if I lurk a bit (jealous our exchangers meet never worked out ).
Old 07-25-2012, 12:58 PM   #554
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Well, come on along!!
Old 07-25-2012, 12:59 PM   #555
Meriweather
Maybe we will have an arrival or two today
Time to share your chocolate!

Quote:
Well, come on along!!
Wish I could but we only go every other year........and 2013 is our DLR year.
No AP.......air very high

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: