Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board > Games
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-29-2011, 12:42 AM   #166
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran
 
franandaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Long Beach, CA, VWL, BCV, SSR & VGC
Posts: 23,352

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz View Post
DS and his family met DF and his family in June and Raglan Road was able to accomodate their group, 5 + 6 = 11 without an ADR! They were very lucky and early and enjoyed the meal. I've never eaten there, but will be happy to try it!
I like the lazy rivers at the water parks, but I'm happy with the little lazy river on SAB, but I just might go to with you to one.

We were on a Princess cruise for my spring break this year and on sea days in their English pub on board they offer a fish and chips lunch. The other vegetable is mashed peas that I think are yummy!
This is good to know. We almost always are tied to our ADRs. This year we are winging it at BCV and mostly planning on the kiosks, but we might try a Sunday night either somewhere or cooking in the room. How reckless is that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFirefly View Post
I know But I like being in the parks I think if I stay at a deluxe, I will wind up coming back to the hotel during the day at least once or twice, but I love the parks too much to stay out of them for very long

I really think everyone will like Raglan Road. I only had the fish and chips, but it was the best fish and chips I've ever had. And the Dunbrody Kiss was AMAZING.
Enjoy your being able to stay in the parks so long while you can. I'm not sure when it changed for me, but our first trip 14 years ago, we still came back to the room between 1-4PM to recharge. Since then we've never been able to spend a full day without breaks. I remember our first DVC trip when I was trying to be a park commando and Fran told me that since we had DVC, we needed to relax and take things a little easier and not go running out the door so early every morning.

I'm sure we would like Raglan Road, we rarely order dessert when we go out, but since we would be at WDW we might try this Dunbrody Kiss. What is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
I haven't done the maths; so I don't know how much a 1BR will cost me for (say) a week.

DH and I had a bit more discussion and we're thinking we would probably stay 7 days at the World and then maybe move to Universal to spend time Mickey cheating with Harry.

As to which waterpark....we will probably work it out closer to the time depending on which one is opened. I'm not very good on steep water drops; so I may not go on the extreme slides.
The 1br is 197 per week in September and 211 per week in October. Nightly charges differ Sun-Th vs Fri-Sat. My thoughts on the WDW/US/IOA is do the "other" parks first. You have less of a let down going to Disney that from Disney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFirefly View Post
I did the math today, using 2012 prices as an estimate. I think I'd be better off staying at Pop Even if someone came with me and with DDP, park hoppers, and water park added on, I'd be saving about $400 by staying at Pop instead of renting points for DVC, for a week long trip. I have no problem with that, since I know how to get to BCV from Pop (bus to DHS or Epcot, boat over). I'd also feel less guilty about staying in the parks all day if I was staying at a value resort.

So I think I'm going to just stay at Pop for this trip. One of these days, I WILL stay at a deluxe Maybe if I ever get married, on my honeymoon.
Not that I don't want to help you out with points, but if staying at POP helps you out then it makes it easier for me to rent PIO points for a 1br. If POP works out better for you financially that's awesome. I couldn't imagine staying at a value, but we spend a lot of time in the room.

Sometimes I can't get Fran out of bed until almost noon because she's so stiff from the arthritis. Other times we come back to the room at 3PM and I'm lucky if we get to dinner by 8:30PM because she is so tired from running around the parks. It's not like I sit in the room the whole time she's asleep, often times I go around and take pictures of the resort. Check out various places I've never been, have drink...

We do a lot more down time because I just can't handle the intensity of the parks full time. Sometimes, I just like to sit down in a nice garden spot at the resort and just relax. I keep hearing about the rockers at SSR and I'll have to check those out when I get back there. Since Fran will go to sleep and she's gone for a few hours, I have some time to enjoy the resort. If I'm not too far away, if she wakes up it's OK. If I go to the parks, I'm too far away.

Whatever works best for you is great, besides, I only have a limited number of BCV points available at 11 months!
__________________
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 01:44 AM   #167
DisneyFirefly
I wind up insanely itchy and liable to break skin
I'm definitely a walking information desk when it comes to MK
 
DisneyFirefly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 14,666

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Enjoy your being able to stay in the parks so long while you can. I'm not sure when it changed for me, but our first trip 14 years ago, we still came back to the room between 1-4PM to recharge. Since then we've never been able to spend a full day without breaks. I remember our first DVC trip when I was trying to be a park commando and Fran told me that since we had DVC, we needed to relax and take things a little easier and not go running out the door so early every morning.

I'm sure we would like Raglan Road, we rarely order dessert when we go out, but since we would be at WDW we might try this Dunbrody Kiss. What is it?
Oh, I definitely will. Plus, I figure if I'm going to TL or BB, that can make up for missing the awesomeness of Stormalong Bay I dunno, I just... I'm so used to being in the parks all day from when I worked there that it doesn't bother me being there from open to close.

The Dunbrody Kiss is basically a mound of chocolate topped with more chocolate with some raspberries on the side. I want to say it was some kind of mousse, but I don't remember. It had a hard chocolate shell, chocolate drizzled on top, a couple shards of chocolate stuck in, and then the raspberries. It was SO GOOD. It was very rich, so probably something that most people would want to share (I'm a big sweets person, as you guys know), but omg so good.



Also, I think it would be best if we went there for dinner, since they have Irish dancers during the dinner hours, as well as a wider menu. But we can figure that out later

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Not that I don't want to help you out with points, but if staying at POP helps you out then it makes it easier for me to rent PIO points for a 1br. If POP works out better for you financially that's awesome. I couldn't imagine staying at a value, but we spend a lot of time in the room.

Sometimes I can't get Fran out of bed until almost noon because she's so stiff from the arthritis. Other times we come back to the room at 3PM and I'm lucky if we get to dinner by 8:30PM because she is so tired from running around the parks. It's not like I sit in the room the whole time she's asleep, often times I go around and take pictures of the resort. Check out various places I've never been, have drink...

We do a lot more down time because I just can't handle the intensity of the parks full time. Sometimes, I just like to sit down in a nice garden spot at the resort and just relax. I keep hearing about the rockers at SSR and I'll have to check those out when I get back there. Since Fran will go to sleep and she's gone for a few hours, I have some time to enjoy the resort. If I'm not too far away, if she wakes up it's OK. If I go to the parks, I'm too far away.

Whatever works best for you is great, besides, I only have a limited number of BCV points available at 11 months!
No, I totally get it Pop is just a much better deal for me, especially since I'll be in the parks almost all the time anyway, or over visiting you guys. I'll still come by for the potluck

And that's okay Everyone hits the resort (not necessarily the parks) a different way. I know that when I eventually have kids, my touring method (a strange cross between commando and "desperado") will definitely change, and also definitely when I get older.

But yeah, honestly, Pop is just the better deal for me. I'd LOVE to stay at BCV or VWL (if I ever do have my Disney wedding, I'm so hitting you up for renting points ), but right now, I just can't justify it. I'm sure I'll have found a job by the time this trip rolls around (if not, I'm going to have a nervous breakdown), but I'm perfectly fine staying at Pop, especially since I don't really utilize the resort amenities all that much. I'm not in the room often enough to justify the price, especially not when that $400 can be used for airfare, with some left over for souvenirs and other stuff.
__________________

Our 10/16 Disney Wedding PJ | Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR | PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DF
DisneyFirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-29-2011, 04:22 AM   #168
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end
 
PrincessInOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 93,030

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
The 1br is 197 per week in September and 211 per week in October. Nightly charges differ Sun-Th vs Fri-Sat. My thoughts on the WDW/US/IOA is do the "other" parks first. You have less of a let down going to Disney that from Disney.
How many points for a studio?

DH were talking about this today....we would have to save pennies and thankfully we have time. We don't really spend a lot of time in our room....between commando park activities and hanging out by the pool, we tend to just sleep and maybe have an hour here or there during the day.
__________________

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 12:14 PM   #169
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us
 
bobbiwoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Washington Township OH and Cape May NJ
Posts: 61,285

Will someone please tell me if they can see the picture in this post?
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...9&postcount=20

It wasn't showing up on some computers in the post above that one, but I could see it there.

Thanks!
__________________
bobbiwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 12:58 PM   #170
Meriweather
Maybe we will have an arrival or two today
Time to share your chocolate!
 
Meriweather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: AZ, OKW, VGC, VWL
Posts: 226,541

Just wanted to stop in and say Hi

Bobbi, I can see it.....a pumpkin.
__________________
Nancy
Meriweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 01:20 PM   #171
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us
 
bobbiwoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Washington Township OH and Cape May NJ
Posts: 61,285

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meriweather View Post
Just wanted to stop in and say Hi

Bobbi, I can see it.....a pumpkin.
Hi! Thank you! Meriweather!

As far as the stay goes, Old Key West does have lesser point costs. A week in a studio is 78 points, a 1 bedroom is 174, a 2 bedroom is 232 as of 2012, and that's in October.

I don't rent points, I don't own at OKW, but if those costs are more in line with what people want to spend, I'll be happy to stay there for the 5 nights I'll be there for the meet. The quiet pools have a barbecue grill, and picnic table.

Some like the fact that at OKW the studios have 2 queen beds as opposed to the Beach Club which has 1 queen and a sofa bed. The one bedrooms have a real nice porch with a full sized picnic table. I've only stayed in OKW twice.

Bobbi
__________________
bobbiwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 01:52 PM   #172
Meriweather
Maybe we will have an arrival or two today
Time to share your chocolate!
 
Meriweather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: AZ, OKW, VGC, VWL
Posts: 226,541

Love OKW.....but we bought there because we did love it
I am trying to make this trip.....but so far away for planning. We'll see.
__________________
Nancy
Meriweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 02:29 PM   #173
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran
 
franandaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Long Beach, CA, VWL, BCV, SSR & VGC
Posts: 23,352

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFirefly View Post
The Dunbrody Kiss is basically a mound of chocolate topped with more chocolate with some raspberries on the side. I want to say it was some kind of mousse, but I don't remember. It had a hard chocolate shell, chocolate drizzled on top, a couple shards of chocolate stuck in, and then the raspberries. It was SO GOOD. It was very rich, so probably something that most people would want to share (I'm a big sweets person, as you guys know), but omg so good.



Also, I think it would be best if we went there for dinner, since they have Irish dancers during the dinner hours, as well as a wider menu. But we can figure that out later



No, I totally get it Pop is just a much better deal for me, especially since I'll be in the parks almost all the time anyway, or over visiting you guys. I'll still come by for the potluck
That looks REALLY rich. I think we could probably share it between 3 or 4 people! I was figuring on dinner there, though I probably never said it. I'm glad Pop works out for you. I like my King Size Bed, my jacuzzi tub, separate room and my kitchen! Nothing with Fran ever moves quickly. (you guys always hear about how, she's still in bed and she wants 'just another 15 minutes' ) I spend a lot of time in the room "waiting" for her to wake up, get dressed, 'pay for one thing on ebay' , so I like to have a nice relaxing environment!

It's good that Disney has accomodations that work of all types of people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
How many points for a studio?

DH were talking about this today....we would have to save pennies and thankfully we have time. We don't really spend a lot of time in our room....between commando park activities and hanging out by the pool, we tend to just sleep and maybe have an hour here or there during the day.
Studios at the BCV run for 15 points Su-Th and 16 points F-S. A whole week would be 107 points. You've stayed in a studio before so you know what that's like. From these point values, you can see why I added on so many points last Winter when I had the chance. Our dues are going to be pretty outrageous now, but with so many points, I can justify using 76 points for NYE to stay at the Grand Californian for one night! That's NUTS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz View Post
Will someone please tell me if they can see the picture in this post?
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...9&postcount=20

It wasn't showing up on some computers in the post above that one, but I could see it there.

Thanks!
I could see it too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz View Post
Hi! Thank you! Meriweather!

As far as the stay goes, Old Key West does have lesser point costs. A week in a studio is 78 points, a 1 bedroom is 174, a 2 bedroom is 232 as of 2012, and that's in October.

I don't rent points, I don't own at OKW, but if those costs are more in line with what people want to spend, I'll be happy to stay there for the 5 nights I'll be there for the meet. The quiet pools have a barbecue grill, and picnic table.

Some like the fact that at OKW the studios have 2 queen beds as opposed to the Beach Club which has 1 queen and a sofa bed. The one bedrooms have a real nice porch with a full sized picnic table. I've only stayed in OKW twice.

Bobbi
I stayed in a 1br at OKW and it was AMAZING! Bigger than my first apartment! Come to think of it even the studios are probably larger than my first apartment. They do have wonderful patios and huge living/dining rooms.

Something else to consider PIO, is that I could get a 2br lockoff and that could save you 6 points per night weeknights and 4 points per night on weekends. Since you don't know the DVC speak, what that means is that we would have adjoining rooms, a studio and a 1br. You guys would still have your own entrance to your room, but at agreed upon times we could unlock both doors and you could enter the living room/kitchen area. At a lot of DVC resorts, the cost of a 2br is often the cost of a studio and a 1br combined, but I just noticed that this is not the case at BCV.

I would have to clear this with Fran, but if there were a few mornings that you wanted to use the kitchen we could leave the doors open and you could whip up porrige or something. I would just have to make sure she knew that someone could come into the room so she wasn't surfing the web in her underwear! We had a dedicated 2 br (meaning only one entrance door to the rooms) with my parents. While I knew they were staying with us, I was always surprised to find my mom in the Living room sipping tea in the mornings!
__________________
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!


Last edited by franandaj; 08-29-2011 at 02:39 PM.
franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:42 PM   #174
DisneyFirefly
I wind up insanely itchy and liable to break skin
I'm definitely a walking information desk when it comes to MK
 
DisneyFirefly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 14,666

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
That looks REALLY rich. I think we could probably share it between 3 or 4 people! I was figuring on dinner there, though I probably never said it. I'm glad Pop works out for you. I like my King Size Bed, my jacuzzi tub, separate room and my kitchen! Nothing with Fran ever moves quickly. (you guys always hear about how, she's still in bed and she wants 'just another 15 minutes' ) I spend a lot of time in the room "waiting" for her to wake up, get dressed, 'pay for one thing on ebay' , so I like to have a nice relaxing environment!

It's good that Disney has accomodations that work of all types of people!
It really is rich. They have this other bread pudding thing and one thing that's a strawberry and apple crumble, which sounds delicious.

And yes, it is great that Disney has different hotels for people who need different things at their resorts Especially if I'm there by myself, Pop would really just be best. I'd really love to stay at a deluxe or DVC one of these days, but... Right now, Pop is what works best.
__________________

Our 10/16 Disney Wedding PJ | Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR | PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DF
DisneyFirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 08:36 PM   #175
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us
 
bobbiwoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Washington Township OH and Cape May NJ
Posts: 61,285

I'll share a The Dunbrody Kiss!
__________________
bobbiwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:17 AM   #176
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end
 
PrincessInOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 93,030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meriweather View Post
Love OKW.....but we bought there because we did love it
I am trying to make this trip.....but so far away for planning. We'll see.
Hope you can make it!


Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post

Studios at the BCV run for 15 points Su-Th and 16 points F-S. A whole week would be 107 points. You've stayed in a studio before so you know what that's like. From these point values, you can see why I added on so many points last Winter when I had the chance. Our dues are going to be pretty outrageous now, but with so many points, I can justify using 76 points for NYE to stay at the Grand Californian for one night! That's NUTS!


Something else to consider PIO, is that I could get a 2br lockoff and that could save you 6 points per night weeknights and 4 points per night on weekends. Since you don't know the DVC speak, what that means is that we would have adjoining rooms, a studio and a 1br. You guys would still have your own entrance to your room, but at agreed upon times we could unlock both doors and you could enter the living room/kitchen area. At a lot of DVC resorts, the cost of a 2br is often the cost of a studio and a 1br combined, but I just noticed that this is not the case at BCV.

I would have to clear this with Fran, but if there were a few mornings that you wanted to use the kitchen we could leave the doors open and you could whip up porrige or something. I would just have to make sure she knew that someone could come into the room so she wasn't surfing the web in her underwear! We had a dedicated 2 br (meaning only one entrance door to the rooms) with my parents. While I knew they were staying with us, I was always surprised to find my mom in the Living room sipping tea in the mornings!
Thanks Alison. We'll have to see closer towards the 11 month stage but I think the studio might be more what we're normally prepared to pay for accomodation. And it does have a microwave, which is pretty much all we need to cook porridge.

Whether we get a lock-off or not...well, I do come travelling with two boys and sometimes they like to travel in their underwear as well....

But I'm guessing that a 2-br lock-off might actually have a possibility of a better view??

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz View Post
I'll share a The Dunbrody Kiss!
You're on!
__________________

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:14 AM   #177
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us
 
bobbiwoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Washington Township OH and Cape May NJ
Posts: 61,285

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meriweather View Post
Love OKW.....but we bought there because we did love it
I am trying to make this trip.....but so far away for planning. We'll see.
Yeah for giving it a try!
__________________
bobbiwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:22 AM   #178
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us
 
bobbiwoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Washington Township OH and Cape May NJ
Posts: 61,285

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
...
But I'm guessing that a 2-br lock-off might actually have a possibility of a better view??
...
Not necessarily. The BCV is not known for great views, but everything is subjective. We've had a room that overlooked the canal, and at night especially with the reflecting lights we both thought it was beautiful.

One thing to do, that may not be everyone's idea of "fun" is to get over to the FW or the WL and rent a bike and ride around the campground. Many campers go way out to make their sites festive. Of course, during the day it's not as wonderful, but still, it's a fun thing DH, DSis and I have enjoyed many times, both in October and then in December to see the Christmasy things.

Bobbi
__________________
bobbiwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:26 AM   #179
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end
 
PrincessInOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 93,030

We had a view of trees and the road at the BCV. Anything has got to be better than that???


I'll keep the cycling in mind. DS usually wants to stay and play as long as possible at the parks....
__________________

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:33 AM   #180
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us
 
bobbiwoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Washington Township OH and Cape May NJ
Posts: 61,285

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
We had a view of trees and the road at the BCV. Anything has got to be better than that???


I'll keep the cycling in mind. DS usually wants to stay and play as long as possible at the parks....
I don't blame anyone for wanted to stay in the parks! When people find out I go to WDW so often, I imagine that they think I spend all day on rides, but there are many things that I like to do that aren't in the parks. I like Disney as a relaxing vacation, of course this is not with the grandkids.

I think it was our first stay at BCV and what I had was the same view. The road noises kept me from enjoying the balcony. Yet, I think I've mellowed, because I had a first floor patio in just about the same area and I was able to sit and read. Maybe hard of hearing is setting in in my dotage!
__________________
bobbiwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.