Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board > Games
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2011, 07:49 AM   #151
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by usnuzuloose View Post
Your Dh is over the shock? Do you attend any of those work shops?
Please explain! Don't know which thread explains PIOs shock!
Old 08-27-2011, 09:55 AM   #152
bobbiwoz
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

As far as length of time. If i do stay at BCV in a 1 bedroom, which is what I prefer for ths, it will be a 5 nighter there for the exchange and most likely be Sunday to Friday. I will probably ask the Floridian branch of the family to come for either of the weekends, it depends when DDiL works, so I will be there longer, but with family.

I hope they don't raise the point values for BCV October stays!
Register to remove

Old 08-27-2011, 10:04 AM   #153
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz View Post
On the LTP thread she told her DH that the trip was really on for Oct 2013. I guess he didnt think it was real.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:05 AM   #154
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Have a great day everyone, we are helping friends move today. So I will try to check in later.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:46 AM   #155
bobbiwoz
I have 2 opinions

Is it good weather for a move?

I think when we have the meet we will plan a few things together, but make other things "open." I have limited mobility, and who knows, maybe by the time of the meet, I will be renting a scooter, but for now and the future as I hope, I rather just stay out for a bit, even with the idea of meeting at the next ride/attraction that people are going to, rather than walking to all of them.

PIO, I understand that the Captain's Grill at the YC has a breakfast buffet or al la carte offerings. I understand some of items on the breakfast buffet are the same as at the Cape May Buffet, but without characters it's less expensive and just as good. Haven't eaten there for breakfast, and woudn't be a good use of a table service, but out of pocket may be OK.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/din...ptains-grille/
Old 08-27-2011, 12:55 PM   #156
DisneyFirefly
I wind up insanely itchy and liable to break skin
I'm definitely a walking information desk when it comes to MK

I'm interested in the Wishes cruise, as long as it's not a "romantic couples" thing Unless I'm there with someone

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
So.....how long is everyone thinking of staying for?
I want to stay for at least a week I have every intention of going to Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach this time around, so if anyone wants to join me, feel free

I also do want to go to Raglan Road at Downtown Disney again, since I loved it so much last time. Would anyone want to join me?

Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR/PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DBF
DisneyFirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 02:43 PM   #157
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

The weather was great for a move. It only took a little over three hours. I and my DH are easy going.
Old 08-27-2011, 05:07 PM   #158
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

I figure that we will be staying for about 10 nights total, whether or not they are all at BCV, I'm not sure yet. If we fly to Florida, I want to stay at least a week. Five nights last May was much too quick. Of course we did spend two full days in a seminar.

Quote:
I hope they don't raise the point values for BCV October stays!
Me too!

Quote:
I think when we have the meet we will plan a few things together, but make other things "open." I have limited mobility, and who knows, maybe by the time of the meet, I will be renting a scooter, but for now and the future as I hope, I rather just stay out for a bit, even with the idea of meeting at the next ride/attraction that people are going to, rather than walking to all of them.
We have limited mobility too. In fact we own our own scooters and have been bringing them for at least four years. I like the idea of planning a few things like the potluck dinner, the Wishes cruise, and then some of us can make some ADRs, or plan on snacking around the World in smaller groups, or even play it by ear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFirefly View Post
I'm interested in the Wishes cruise, as long as it's not a "romantic couples" thing Unless I'm there with someone

I want to stay for at least a week I have every intention of going to Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach this time around, so if anyone wants to join me, feel free

I also do want to go to Raglan Road at Downtown Disney again, since I loved it so much last time. Would anyone want to join me?
Considering about half the people are traveling solo, I doubt there will be anything romantic about the cruise! I think Stormalong Bay will be as close as we get to a water park. We would probably join you at Raglan Road. We have been wanting to go there for a while and are finally going to fit it in on our trip next May.
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 04:37 AM   #159
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
DH was a little shocked that the plans moved from tentative to firm in a matter of weeks. Plus, he tends to forget important stuff like this......so it had completely seemed like a bolt out of the blue when I mentioned it again.

Quote:
Is it good weather for a move?

PIO, I understand that the Captain's Grill at the YC has a breakfast buffet or al la carte offerings. I understand some of items on the breakfast buffet are the same as at the Cape May Buffet, but without characters it's less expensive and just as good. Haven't eaten there for breakfast, and woudn't be a good use of a table service, but out of pocket may be OK.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/din...ptains-grille/
I've been told by some of the other Aussies that the Captain's Grill is a hidden gem. Might have to check it out in 2013.

I was actually doing mental arithmatic in my head and assuming that by the time we go, the DDP might actually be closer to $50 per person per day. That's $150 worth of food per day.
If we get a 1 bedroom and can make our own porridge and toast for most mornings, and plus all the snacking we're likely to do at Epcot, it's probably going to be borderline as to which is better....

Quote:

Romantic? Wishes? With DS??

And Yes and Yes. I think we're probably going to be hitting the parks early in the morning, back to SAB in the afternoon and maybe back to the parks again later in the day.....and being really selective with what we do at the parks in the morning.

I think DS will literally kill me if I take him to the World again and NOT go to a water park.

Raglan Road will probably be on my wish list this time round.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 12:49 PM   #160
DisneyFirefly

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Considering about half the people are traveling solo, I doubt there will be anything romantic about the cruise! I think Stormalong Bay will be as close as we get to a water park. We would probably join you at Raglan Road. We have been wanting to go there for a while and are finally going to fit it in on our trip next May.
Who else is traveling solo? I really think you guys will like Raglan Road. You have to try the Dunbrody Kiss

Quote:

And Yes and Yes. I think we're probably going to be hitting the parks early in the morning, back to SAB in the afternoon and maybe back to the parks again later in the day.....and being really selective with what we do at the parks in the morning.

I think DS will literally kill me if I take him to the World again and NOT go to a water park.

I just know how I am and I don't like leaving the parks I think that's the reason I'm hesitant about staying at a deluxe. But, math wise, I think it'd be similar to the cost of a room at Pop with renting DVC point

Which water park would you guys prefer to go to? I'd rather do Typhoon Lagoon, but I don't remember which one closes for refurbs in the fall and which one closes in the spring.

We're go going to wind up having a huge table at Raglan Road

Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR/PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DBF
Old 08-28-2011, 02:41 PM   #161
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
I was actually doing mental arithmatic in my head and assuming that by the time we go, the DDP might actually be closer to $50 per person per day. That's $150 worth of food per day.
If we get a 1 bedroom and can make our own porridge and toast for most mornings, and plus all the snacking we're likely to do at Epcot, it's probably going to be borderline as to which is better....
I think the 1brs are the way to go. I just love the kitchen even if it is just for whipping up quick breakfasts, and the Jacuzzi tub!

Quote:

I know! Romantic with a (what will he be?) 13 year old? He's a sweet kid, but....

We'll probably skip the water parks, but we don't have to do everything together. I don't see why I wouldn't want to go to Ragland Road. I like Fish & Chips, Bangers & Mash, Shepherd's Pie, their Mixed Grill sounds pretty good too...

Quote:
Who else is traveling solo? I really think you guys will like Raglan Road. You have to try the Dunbrody Kiss

I just know how I am and I don't like leaving the parks I think that's the reason I'm hesitant about staying at a deluxe. But, math wise, I think it'd be similar to the cost of a room at Pop with renting DVC point

We're go going to wind up having a huge table at Raglan Road
We just can't stay in the parks all day, comes with growing old and Rhuematoid Arthritis! So we'll definitely be going back to the room. It's one of the reasons that I love the Villas and Deluxes, we can watch a movie or I can work on my TR...have a glass of wine

So far I only count six at our table at Raglan Road!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 03:12 PM   #162
bobbiwoz
I have 2 opinions

DS and his family met DF and his family in June and Raglan Road was able to accomodate their group, 5 + 6 = 11 without an ADR! They were very lucky and early and enjoyed the meal. I've never eaten there, but will be happy to try it!
I like the lazy rivers at the water parks, but I'm happy with the little lazy river on SAB, but I just might go to with you to one.

We were on a Princess cruise for my spring break this year and on sea days in their English pub on board they offer a fish and chips lunch. The other vegetable is mashed peas that I think are yummy!
Old 08-28-2011, 05:23 PM   #163
DisneyFirefly

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
We just can't stay in the parks all day, comes with growing old and Rhuematoid Arthritis! So we'll definitely be going back to the room. It's one of the reasons that I love the Villas and Deluxes, we can watch a movie or I can work on my TR...have a glass of wine

So far I only count six at our table at Raglan Road!
I know But I like being in the parks I think if I stay at a deluxe, I will wind up coming back to the hotel during the day at least once or twice, but I love the parks too much to stay out of them for very long

I really think everyone will like Raglan Road. I only had the fish and chips, but it was the best fish and chips I've ever had. And the Dunbrody Kiss was AMAZING.

Me DBF
Old 08-28-2011, 05:27 PM   #164
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

I haven't done the maths; so I don't know how much a 1BR will cost me for (say) a week.

DH and I had a bit more discussion and we're thinking we would probably stay 7 days at the World and then maybe move to Universal to spend time Mickey cheating with Harry.

As to which waterpark....we will probably work it out closer to the time depending on which one is opened. I'm not very good on steep water drops; so I may not go on the extreme slides.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 06:52 PM   #165
DisneyFirefly

I did the math today, using 2012 prices as an estimate. I think I'd be better off staying at Pop Even if someone came with me and with DDP, park hoppers, and water park added on, I'd be saving about $400 by staying at Pop instead of renting points for DVC, for a week long trip. I have no problem with that, since I know how to get to BCV from Pop (bus to DHS or Epcot, boat over). I'd also feel less guilty about staying in the parks all day if I was staying at a value resort.

So I think I'm going to just stay at Pop for this trip. One of these days, I WILL stay at a deluxe Maybe if I ever get married, on my honeymoon.

Me DBF

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: