Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-08-2011, 01:07 PM   #1
VikingInMouseEars
DIS Veteran
 
VikingInMouseEars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 904

NOT Resort mugs, Park Souvenir cups

In some of the picture threads I have noticed there seem to be a variety of souvenir cups available in the parks. I got a Magic Kingdom one in January and I saw a picture of a Yak and Yeti plastic cup. Does anyone have pictures of any souvenir cups they bought ot have seen in the parks.
Thanks, Eric
__________________
VikingInMouseEars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 11:08 AM   #2
VikingInMouseEars
DIS Veteran
 
VikingInMouseEars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 904

anyone at all?
__________________
VikingInMouseEars is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-09-2011, 11:11 AM   #3
CindyIsMyFave
DIS Veteran
 
CindyIsMyFave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Northern VA - DC
Posts: 715

I wish I had a photo, but I love my MK cup. Got it at Sleepy Hollow in March. Has Cinderella, Mickey, the Genie, Donald? Now I'm forgetting! But it was only like $3.99 or $4.99. Heck your beverage is half that cost anyway. We'd just gotten the resort refillable mugs, but when my DH saw it, he said, oh you have to get that one! I him.
__________________
DH Me Lord Fairfax



Most recent trips:
Dec/Jan 2011-2012 at POFQ (New Year's Eve) - Mar 2011 at WL - Dec/Jan 2009-2010 at CBR (New Year's Eve) - May 2009 at POR for 6th anniversary
60 visits and counting thanks to Mom & Dad taking me at least once a year since age 1. (32 year streak continues thanks to DH now)
CindyIsMyFave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 11:13 AM   #4
koolaidmoms
DIS Veteran
 
koolaidmoms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Western NY
Posts: 1,904

I do have some of the cups. I will try to post a picture later today or tomorrow for you.
__________________
Me ~ DP ~ DD (13)~ DS (10)
My WDW and Life Blog - Earning My Disney PhD
koolaidmoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 12:11 PM   #5
southern_redhead
DIS Veteran
 
southern_redhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,285

We got some in Hollywood Studios. They have Mickey and Minnie under the Rock n Roller on one side and Goofy as a bellhop for ToT on the other. It also has Huey, Dewey, and Louie on the ToT side. Most people may have seen them but, if not, I'll be happy to post a picture. I like them, they were our two favorite DHS rides

I wanted to find one in MK, but only found bottled drinks. Where were the mugs? I'm trying to work on DH for an "adult" trip this winter, maybe I can find one then
__________________

Last edited by southern_redhead; 07-09-2011 at 12:18 PM.
southern_redhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 03:16 PM   #6
bean bunny
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 267

I'll have to take a photo and post but I got one in may at the magic kingdom. It was at a kiosk in frontierland. It's exactly the size and shape of resort mugs but has a purple handle with characters riding the tea cups. I don't remember the cost unfortunately.
bean bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 03:29 PM   #7
DisneySarah80
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,196

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this.... But are you able to use them for free refills like you do with the other mugs?
DisneySarah80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 03:43 PM   #8
Sandisw
Moderator
 
Sandisw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 9,675
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneySarah80 View Post
I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this.... But are you able to use them for free refills like you do with the other mugs?
No.
__________________
Sandi



Sandisw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 06:27 PM   #9
VikingInMouseEars
DIS Veteran
 
VikingInMouseEars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 904

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolaidmoms View Post
I do have some of the cups. I will try to post a picture later today or tomorrow for you.
Cool, Thanks!
__________________
VikingInMouseEars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 06:36 PM   #10
VikingInMouseEars
DIS Veteran
 
VikingInMouseEars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 904

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyIsMyFave View Post
I wish I had a photo, but I love my MK cup. Got it at Sleepy Hollow in March. Has Cinderella, Mickey, the Genie, Donald? Now I'm forgetting! But it was only like $3.99 or $4.99. Heck your beverage is half that cost anyway. We'd just gotten the resort refillable mugs
We always get the resort mugs too, but these other cups in the parks are great for holding large cold drinks at home. And I thought the same thing about the price, cheap souvenir and full of a cool refreshing beverage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern_redhead View Post
We got some in Hollywood Studios. They have Mickey and Minnie under the Rock n Roller on one side and Goofy as a bellhop for ToT on the other. It also has Huey, Dewey, and Louie on the ToT side. Most people may have seen them but, if not, I'll be happy to post a picture. I like them, they were our two favorite DHS rides

I wanted to find one in MK, but only found bottled drinks. Where were the mugs? I'm trying to work on DH for an "adult" trip this winter, maybe I can find one then
I haven't seen those yet, the one I got at MK had the castle and Mickey, and sitting here I just had a brain freeze, can't remember anymore except the cap was blue LOL I found it at a kiosk in Frontierland, in that line of places against the river, just before the bridge to SM and BTMR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean bunny View Post
I'll have to take a photo and post but I got one in may at the magic kingdom. It was at a kiosk in frontierland. It's exactly the size and shape of resort mugs but has a purple handle with characters riding the tea cups. I don't remember the cost unfortunately.
Looking forward to seeing the picture, I got mine in the same place but mine wasn't like the resort mug, it had no handle and was taller than the resort mugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneySarah80 View Post
I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this.... But are you able to use them for free refills like you do with the other mugs?
Nope, the CM that sold it to me made a point of telling me that, I guess there had been some misunderstandings lol. But they are still a nice souvenir that are handy to have at home.
__________________
VikingInMouseEars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 06:38 PM   #11
VikingInMouseEars
DIS Veteran
 
VikingInMouseEars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 904

I guess with so many of you willing to post a picture, I had better also lol
If I get time tomorrow before work I will take a pic and try to figure out how to post one, hae never done it before.
__________________
VikingInMouseEars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 06:51 PM   #12
DisneySarah80
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,196

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingInMouseEars View Post
Nope, the CM that sold it to me made a point of telling me that, I guess there had been some misunderstandings lol. But they are still a nice souvenir that are handy to have at home.
Thanks. In all truth, it doesn't seem like a smart idea to me. I mean, you sell two different types of collectible mugs, but you can only re-use one of them. Very confusing for people....
DisneySarah80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 07:19 PM   #13
VikingInMouseEars
DIS Veteran
 
VikingInMouseEars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 904

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneySarah80 View Post
Thanks. In all truth, it doesn't seem like a smart idea to me. I mean, you sell two different types of collectible mugs, but you can only re-use one of them. Very confusing for people....
I can see your point and I for one wouldn't have minded paying a little more to make them refillable. Maybe make them work like the resort mug and have park specific cups. I did always think it was a little strange that of all the theme parks in the area, WDW was the only one that didn't offer a refillable mug in the parks. And the quality of the Disney cup I got is much better than the Universal cup which split along the seam after only a few uses at home.
__________________
VikingInMouseEars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 03:04 PM   #14
VikingInMouseEars
DIS Veteran
 
VikingInMouseEars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 904

Finally got some pics of my Magic Kingdom cup:

One side





The other side




Hope we get some more posters, would love to see the other cups available.

Thanks, Eric
__________________
VikingInMouseEars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:33 PM   #15
southern_redhead
DIS Veteran
 
southern_redhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,285



Sorry. It took me a while to get a picture, too. We got these at the stand in the Fantasmic! stadium.

I love the Magic Kingdom cup. Just realized, I saw them in the window at Lunching Pad but only saw the Mickey Mouse side. I wish I'd known it had the castle on it, as well.
__________________
southern_redhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.