Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2011, 09:23 AM   #1
KEMdisney
DIS Veteran

The Cape May Cafe breakfast

Can anyone share their experience at the Cape May Cafe for breakfast. We have gone in the past to the Clambake and enjoyed the atmosphere, food, and experience but this trip we were looking to try a different character breakfast.. we have done Chef Mickeys in the past.
All Star Sports '03
Boardwalk Villas '05
Saratoga Springs '07
Saratoga Springs '08
All Star Sports '08
Pop Century '09
Saratoga Springs '09
Disneyland April '11
Boardwalk Villas '11

Upcoming:
Disney Dream (1st cruise!!!) then Animal Kingdom Villas June 2013

KEMdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:44 AM   #2
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

Cape May character breakfast is one of our must dos....we love everything about this restaurant. The food is always hot and fresh no matter what time of the morning you are eating, the character interaction is one of the best IMHO (some of our most memorable character experiences were when we were dining there), the service is always great, and the whole atmosphere is not like being at CM or other character meals. It is more quiet and laid back...you can actually have a conversation with the rest of your group. It is very easy to get to if you are going to either DHS or Epcot for the day there is a great boat ride from BC to DHS and Epcot plus Epcot is a quick 5 minute walk to the WS.
Register to remove

Old 07-08-2011, 10:09 AM   #3
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Cape May is our second favorite character breakfast (Crystal Palace is our favorite). The character interaction at Cape May is wonderful and the food is very good. For some reason, Cape May does not feel as "crazy" as some of the other character meals.

RIP Genie
KatMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:47 AM   #4
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

Since we are usually staying at BC/YC, we eat here almost every vacation.

Food is solid, not special. There are no "wow" foods, just typical breakfast fare, but it's always fresh. Service is great; the cast members are always friendly and they keep the buffet replenished and clean.

Character interaction is probably the best of any character meal we have done. Minnie isn't out that long but you practically have to tell Donald and Goofy to go away.

Also, this restaurant is quiet compared to the other character meals.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:12 AM   #5
herb102211
DIS Veteran

We love the Cape May breakfast. It's one of our faves and must do's (other than Crystal Palace). The food is really good (make sure you try the breakfast pizza) and we love seeing the characters in their beach attire!

*Food, Wine & Christmas Time..A November 2012 TR*
Wining & Dining Around the World~ An October '13 TR
5/08- Offsite, 5/09- Pop Century, 11/09 (engagement!)- Pop Century, 3/10- Pop Century/Disney Wonder 4 Nt Bahamas, 9/10- Pop Century, 3/11- Beach Club/ Disney Dream 3 Nt Bahamas, 5/11- Beach Club, 10/11- (Disneymoon) Beach Club, 12/11-Beach Club 3/12- BCV/BLT , 5/12- BCV/OKW/BLT, 9/12-BWV/BCV/BLT/AoA, 11/12- BCV 2/13- BCV/OKW, 4/13-BWV, 9/13- BWV, 10/13- Yacht Club , 2/14- BWV, 4/14- BWV/WL, 7/14- Yacht Club-CL, 10/14- Yacht Club 11/14- AoA
Me (28) DH (29)
herb102211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:14 AM   #6
wolf29
DIS Veteran

Clean, relaxing breakfast with tasty and fresh food. Nice character interaction as well. We make a point of doing this one every year.
wolf29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:29 AM   #7
disneyfav4ever
No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true.

I love the clambake, I don't like the breakfast. The service I had was horrible, none of the food was memorable, and the character interaction was just okay.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:41 AM   #8
pooh2001
been there, done that, TRYING to go back

We love Cape May !
Ditto - after an early AM at either EPCOT or DHS ....

Minnie, Goofy, Donald - Beach Attire
7:30 am - 11:00 am

So a great ADR time is 10:15 am or 10:30 am
after spending 2 hours in EPCOT (walk) or DHS (take the boat)

I would do an EMH AM at DHS for a 8 am opeing - Do & FP (for later) Toy Story - then do a few more rides: Muppet*Vision 3-D, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith, Star Tours Toy Story Midway Mania!, The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Take the boat to the YC/BC at 9:30 am for a 10 am ADR.

Menu:
Oatmeal with toppings: Toasted Almonds, Raisins, Sun-dried Cranberries, and Brown Sugar
Buttered Grits
Selection of Dry Cereal
Cinnamon Rolls, Chocolate Danish, Cherry Danish, Apple Danish, Cheese Danish, Blueberry Muffin, Chocolate-chip Muffin, Oatmeal Muffin,
Croissants, Breakfast Breads, and English Muffins

Assorted Bagels with Condiments: Smoked Salmon, Cream Cheese, Capers,
Onions, Lemons, and Tomatoes

Yogurt Bar featuring Low-fat Strawberry Yogurt or Low-fat Vanilla Honey Yogurt with Toppings of Fresh Strawberries, Chocolate Chips,
Strawberry Melba, and Granola

Hard-boiled Eggs, Wild Berry Compote, Cranberry Apple Compote,
Low-fat Cottage Cheese, Apple Sauce, Prunes, Orange Slices, Pink Grapefruit
Wedges, Pineapple, Cantaloupe, Honeydew, Watermelon, and Seedless Grapes

Scrambled Eggs, Omelets, Pork Sausage Links, Smoked Bacon, Breakfast Potatoes, Asparagus, Breakfast Pizza, Cape May Pan French-toast with Maple Syrup, Mickey Waffles, and Biscuits with Home-style Sausage Gravy
Old 07-08-2011, 12:01 PM   #9
chskover
Mouseketeer

We love Cape May breakfast. It is more relaxed than some other places. We usually try to get an ADR when they first open.

2014 BWV
2013 AllStar Sports, 2012 POR Riverside;2012 POP/CBR; 2011 AKL/BLT; 2010 AKL/OKW; 2009 SSR; 2009 POP; 2008 SSR; 2007 FW Cabins; 2001 Allstar Music; 1999 CBR; 1996 Offsite
1979 Yogi Bear Campground
chskover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:18 PM   #10
cbnsoul
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Ok, I apparently am going to be the only one who DIDN'T enjoy Cape May for breakfast. We looked forward to going there for quite some time and didn't have a very good experience. Our waitress was beyond rude and grumpy from the minute we sat down (seemingly to those at her other tables too - not just us). As far as the characters go, Goofy and Minnie were great but Donald wasn't there 15 seconds. Plus, as mentioned, the food is good, but nothing special.

It definitely does not feel as crazy as some of the other charcter breakfasts but we'll be going back to Tusker House next time instead.

Last edited by cbnsoul; 07-08-2011 at 01:23 PM.
cbnsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 03:23 PM   #11
Gina35
DIS Veteran

We usually stay at BC & eat at Cape May for breakfast every trip. The food is always good and service is fine. The best parts about it are the atmosphere and the character interaction. It definitely seems like the characters remain at a table for longer periods of time than others such as CM or CP. It's definitely worth a try & may become one of your favorites.
Gina35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 07:50 AM   #12
KristiKat
DIS Veteran

Our family really enjoyed Cape May Cafe when we were there in Feb. It was our first character meal and so the price for breakfast was a shocker but still well worth it. Got lots of great pics. The food was good with a good selection of things that we wanted to eat as well as things the kids would eat. My step son is a very picky eater so that was very important to us.

Me DH DSS13 DD8

1982 offsite,1987 The Disney Inn,1991 Caribbean Beach Resort,1997 Fort Wilderness,2011 & 2013 Port Orleans Riverside,2012 & 2014 Shades of Green
KristiKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 08:17 AM   #13
rblucy
Mouseketeer

We weren't impressed with our breakfast here. We preferred Tusker House and Crystal Plaza. The food was fine but nothing new or different. The characters were very slow coming around and then very quick to leave our table.
Old 07-09-2011, 02:25 PM   #14
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfav4ever View Post
I love the clambake, I don't like the breakfast. The service I had was horrible, none of the food was memorable, and the character interaction was just okay.
And we have a 100% completely different take...love the breakfast, hate the clam bake dinner.
Goofy's breakfast is a must do for us...I don't think we've missed it more than once in all our trips. I've found the food to be good for what it is..buffet food for the masses. But, it was fresh and plentiful. And our servers have always been terrific.
And as someone already said, sometimes it was tough to move some of the characters along!!! Sometimes Goofy just plops himself down and colors. But, we do tend to go later than most..usually around 9:30ish.

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 02:26 PM   #15
Pirate Me

"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb."
Did no one come to save me just because they missed me?

We went because we were staying at the Beach Club and it was convenient. If I was staying at a different hotel, I'd probably pick one of the other character breakfasts. The characters were quite attentive to our group and the food was on par with the other breakfast buffets.

Home Resort: BCV
"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of
view . . . until you climb into his skin and walk around in it." -Atticus Finch
Pirate Me is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: