Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2011, 04:23 PM   #106
blackdogg
Mouseketeer

love the report i was there with my family the week or so after you guys amazing time... needing to work on the report of my own!
Old 07-20-2011, 07:22 PM   #107
LittleMissMagic
Disney Clemson Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneylovin24 View Post
Those bags are really cute. How did your mom make them? (I think I read that she made them.)

I love the shirt your sister wore to AK
My mom sews and appliques. She looked around for a pattern for the bag but never found one, so she came up with her own by looking at other string bags we have.

The shirt is from Old Navy. I think they recently got Disney character lincensing. So... she had a bunch of twins that day!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-21-2011, 05:42 PM   #108
LittleMissMagic
Disney Clemson Girl

The wait was still short, so we rode Expedition Everest, again! Mom sat out, this time. She said that it was funny because after we left she watched another family do the exact same thing... everyone else went back to the entrance, but mom said, "I think I'll sit this one out - can I hold your bags?"

We didn't get the front, this time. So now we're spoiled front seat hogs!

Last edited by LittleMissMagic; 07-21-2011 at 05:52 PM.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:58 AM   #109
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Cool pics!! Love the story about mom - I'm the mom though that loves riding in the front seat! I got spoiled on my trip with ex-BFF in 2008 where we got front seat of every ride we went on without asking! Even when we rode Soarin' - we got middle top row for our very first ride on Soarin'

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 07-22-2011, 11:55 AM   #110
eculmone
Mouseketeer

Oh... another note on the tour group from Argentina.... most all of the girls(including the 12-13 year olds) were wearing thong bottoms. At first I was like, what the heck, why would you wear a thong to a waterpark? But then I realized that if you're already wearing a thong, then you don't have to worry about getting a wedgie on the waterslides!

RPH - 2010; HRH - 2011; GF-2011; Disneyland California 2012; Disney Cruise & HRH 2013; AKL-2014

Old 07-23-2011, 09:47 AM   #111
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

GREAT TR! Really enjoying it. Y'all are TOO cute
The bags your mom made are adorable - she should sell them on etsy!
LOVE your EE pics
Great to see the Grand looking so good - it's nice how they've furnished the outer building lobbies with real furniture. Haven't stayed in any outer lodge buildings since they've done that. Looks good!
Totally agree about 1900 PF for dinner
Old 07-23-2011, 10:03 PM   #112
LittleMissMagic
Disney Clemson Girl

Dad went to FP Dinosaur, and Mom, Rachel, and I headed towards Kilimanjaro Safari. We bought some fruit for breakfast in Harambe Village. I got apples with caramel dip... there wasn't quite enough caramel dip for the apples. We bought pineapple for dad. While we were eating our fruit, we realized that there must have just been a rope drop, because all of a sudden the people started picking up - all walking fast and getting in line for the safari. So, we decided we ought to go ahead and get in line.

Here's my safari pictures:

Wild Africa Trek rope bridge:

Wild Africa Trek safari truck:

Old 07-25-2011, 01:42 PM   #116
LittleMissMagic
Disney Clemson Girl

After Kilamanjaro Safaris, we (err... Dad) decided to do something we hadn't done in several years - Pangani Forest Exploration Trail. Of course, Rachel isn't one for nature or exhibits... so she fussed the entire time. "Okay, you've seen in - come on! Let's walk!" (Says the girl who is never in a hurry!) The first time I go to Disney without her, I plan to spend an extensive amount of time exploring World Showcase and the Living Seas in Epcot, as well as Animal Kingdom!

Old 07-25-2011, 01:46 PM   #117
LittleMissMagic
Disney Clemson Girl

I feel like many families have that one uncle/brother/grandparent that whenever someone sees a monkey, they say, "Hey, look - there's Uncle whatever!" Well, for us it has always been Uncle John. Whenever my Dad sees a monkey or a gorilla - "Hey, look - it's Uncle John! huh huh huh!" (remember Dad's laugh? ) So... here's Uncle John.

Dad's idea...

Old 07-25-2011, 01:52 PM   #118
LittleMissMagic
Disney Clemson Girl

We then headed to Festival of the Lion King. We were there about 30-40 minutes early, so we got first pick of seats. Of course, the front row seats are for wheelchairs, so we sat on the first row you can actually sit on.

I kind of hope that this show never really changes. It's been pretty much the same ever since I can remember it (with the exception of the now-talking Timon), and I love it.
Old 07-25-2011, 02:05 PM   #119
Disfan3
Viking Blood

I definitely need to read back but wanted to say:

I agree on your assessment of the GF, especially the non-shelved bathrooms!!! EEERRGH!!! Impossible when you have more than one woman/lady/girl in a room!! My friends and I (were in Sugar Loaf in Feb) all brought our hanging Vera organizers and hung them on the towel rods... I never thought I would like the GF but I do. I really do! I loved club level even more! I truly do, still, prefer the Polynesian but the GF is an awesome resort. The smell....mmmmm!! Love!

Your bags are way cute!

Can't wait to read more...on my way to read back!!

Thanks!

p.s. I cannot believe that waitress yelled at that poor man like that!! She is so lucky it was not ME she was yelling at...I would have not been so nice!
POR AB March 2007
Beach Club Sept '07,CR Tower September '09
SSR2BR March '10~~ Baby's first trip
Grand Floridian Club Level Feb '11...another 1st! return to GF Oct '11
Kidani Village '12 (big, fat family vacation!)
Sugarloaf Oct '12, Yacht Club CL 2013 FWF
Beach Club Villas '13

Old 07-26-2011, 11:11 PM   #120
Merida
DIS Veteran

Your dad's pictures are really cute! My dad likes to cut off people's heads in pictures, so that's my basis of comparison, though.

I've never spent a lot of time in Animal Kingdom and it does seem kind of under-appreciated sometimes. So many fun places to explore! Of course, I'm the type of person who will take five zillion pictures of the same bighorn sheep while on Pike's Peak, so I guess it takes a certain type of personality. The pictures of the animals are great!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: